stuey

The thing with convection and efficiency is that convection heats uniformly.

The thing with an ACCURATE temperature adjustment is that that it neither burns nor under heats the compound.

Neither of these features could be put in a devise of this size and TBH if it could they would probably be damaged in your pocket.

stuey,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
convection heats uniformly
... depending on how the herb is packed ... being spread out on the trench is a plus feature of the LB design.

i have found that temperature stability is most important ... perhaps that's what you mean by "accurate"?

Hippie Dickie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
stuey said:
Well it dosent have an adjustable heat control for one thing.

It uses conduction rather than convection
The adjustable heat control is mah rating of the battery, how long the battery is left in the LB and how hard you draw. It might not be a 'complex' vaporizer, but it is, in my opinion elegantly simple. Having had mine since March 8th, I'm reasonably comfortable with it. I can pretty much cook the herb to whatever degree I want.

Tom

tdavie,

stuey

stuey said:
How much THC uptake do you think a LB achieves?

I have heard figures of 28% for smoking vs 92% for vaping but I would imagine that there is some efficiency lost because of the LB's small size and extreme simplicity.
I think we have 2 different conversations going on here.

This is my question.

The discussion is moving off in a different direction.

stuey,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I just received my box and there was only one medium stem in there. I was under the impression that I was supposed to get a short one too. ordered from vapeworld (because of the free grinder) and it was made of plastic. I should have just ordered directly. I would have received it faster that way too.

the ob,

stuey

the ob said:
I just received my box and there was only one medium stem in there. I was under the impression that I was supposed to get a short one too. ordered from vapeworld (because of the free grinder) and it was made of plastic. I should have just ordered directly. I would have received it faster that way too.
Yeah I had the same thing.

Apparently they don't do the short stems any-more. I was a bit annoyed because I don't really want to cut the medium one down.. its a good "training" size.

stuey,

the ob

all good in the hood.
the thing that is strange is that in the package, it says it comes with two stems. if anything, I think I would prefer the smaller one.

the ob,

ynwa

The 2 silver batteries i got with mine work great. The 2 GP1300 batteries i got with the charger do not work at all. Charged them for 8+ hours , but they dont even light up the led in the launch box.

What would be the best batteries to buy for this?

ynwa,

Wolface

The small stem was deemed a choking hazzard. You must make them smaller yourself. It's a liability thing.:/

Wolface,

stuey

I think it should come with 2 medium stems then.

1 to use as a medium stem and one to cut up into small stems.

stuey,

OC513

Dabaholic
there really is no need for a short stem, just hit the box "native", meaning with NO stem......its how I and all of my friends with boxes use it......imo you get better feedback on your vapor intake and its more stealth. We only use the stem now for the uninitiated and at this point they are few and far between. I have had like 8 buddies order one in the last few weeks. Great product. :2c:

OC513,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ywna asked: What would be the best batteries to buy for this?
If you go back about 5 pages or so, there is a major amount of info on batteries to read. At one point, someone posted that this had turned into a battery thread. Everyone has their own opinion on which battery/charger is the best. For myself, I went with Magic Flight's advice that I had read someplace here that Energizer batteries worked well. They are a little tough to peel and I had to use Goo Gone to get rid of the residue (then alcohol), but they work as well as the stock batteries. You can also purchase more batteries from Blisssville.

ob and stuey - if you really, really want some short stems, Blisssville sells a whip for $5 that has a short stem attached to each end. Go to their website and check it out. But if you are wanting the short stems because they are stealthier, just hit straight from the box. The short stem isn't going to be much different. Just don't wear any red lipstick when you are doing it. ;)

momofthegoons,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
I looked at batteries on this thread for hours. Based on another's recommendation I went with these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00BG0A9T9AW0XTA0D1P1

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-NiMH-Rechargeable-Batteries-4-Pack/dp/B000IV413S/ref=pd_sim_k_2

The MFLB batteries are slow discharge. Personally I find the fast discharge batts to make bigger hits *IF* they were on the charger up until you went to use them. They discharge a fair amount after 24 hours off the charger but they still work fine.

I only pack the trench 1/4 full! Important IMHO or else it's tough to vape all the material evenly. Also I pulse my draws to make the hits thicker. An even one-onethousand, etc, draw, pause, draw, pause.

MikRoOrganix,

VivaSativa

ynwa said:
The 2 silver batteries i got with mine work great. The 2 GP1300 batteries i got with the charger do not work at all. Charged them for 8+ hours , but they dont even light up the led in the launch box.

What would be the best batteries to buy for this?
I recently bought GP2700 battaries, so far I'm pleased with it. I can't compare to the batteries that are shipped with the LB nowadays, as mine were from a different battery company.
I've been using these GP2700 batteries for over a week, and so far seems like I can get really good hot 7-10 hits from a battery, and then I can keep going but it's significantly weaker. At this point I just take a new battery, I like the extra hot hits :p
These batteries are very easy to peel, and there's no sticky residue left on the battery (it looks a bit 'dirty', but it's not sticky at all). They're a very good fit for the LB, very snug.
Anyway, I remember reading in this thread that many people are pleased with Eneloop batteries, so probably can't go wrong with 2700 mAh Eneloops..

Hope this helps

VivaSativa,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
VivaSativa said:
Anyway, I remember reading in this thread that many people are pleased with Eneloop batteries, so probably can't go wrong with 2700 mAh Eneloops..

Hope this helps
no such thing as 2700 mAh eneloops, they are all rated 2000 mAh, 1900 mAh minimum.

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
magicflight...i like your avatar...thanks for getting one. Makes it easier for me to find your comments!

stickstones,

steven22

Im strongly considering the launch box

I already have an Extreme, and the thing is great but im just tired of lugging it around just to have a session outside of my room.

one thing thats really concerning me is how heavy of a hit can you get out of the launch box?.... I like the extreme because its a bag, and you can draw in as much of that cloudy vapor as your lungs can handle, and it gets me ripped

but, I tried a buddies iolite when I was researching portable solutions, only to be dissapointed at how light and weak the iolite hits were... the thickness of the hits were comparative of the last bag being squeezed out of the bowl of an extreme, (first bags being the thickest, and last bags being thin)

----

other things i want to get straight, the batteries that come with the device, one is good for one session pretty much right?... I take it these things chew through batteries pretty quick?...

realistically, if i hit the portable vape atleast once a day, those 2 batteries probably wont cut it right?.

steven22,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
steven22, I'm going to address the battery issue first. I have found that one battery will work for several trenches. It's a good idea to alternate between two batteries so that they don't get to hot during use. By the end of the second, and sometimes third trench, the hits get noticeably weaker (if only using one battery) and it's time to change. I wouldn't say the LB "chews" through the batteries.

Now for the hits. No, they probably aren't going to be the great big whama jamma hits you are getting from your Extreme but the LB gets the job done and is portable. So I guess it's a bit of a trade off. From what I understand, there isn't a portable out there yet that is going to give you the kind of hits you get from a non portable unit.

momofthegoons,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Steven22

You *can* get very large clouds with the Launch Box, not that one necessarily will. I find if I use a fresh battery, finely ground dry herb, and 2-3 hits of say 10 seconds duration then this is where the clouds start. After those first couple of hits take your herb out and crumble it up a bit and put it back. Insert the battery and leave it in a bit longer than normal and draw slow and as long as you can (taking note of the temperature, you don't want to combust). Upon exhale you should see large clouds of vapor. I use the box in 'native' mode without a stem.

However, when all is said and done, I don't care about the clouds, but about effect. And the LB definitely delivers.

Tom

tdavie,

Plant

when i first saw this thing i thought it probably wil work, but with drawbacks to the battery power and vaporquality it would produce being a verysmall portable lowtech vape. But the last couple off days have shown me otherwise this thing is just as good as non portable vapes.

And with regards to batteries i haven't gotten past 3 batts a day yet and haven't used another vape the last days and been vaked all day long :ko: i do tend to get more stoned then high but thats probably bcuzz i bake a nice goldnugget in the trench and i use heavy indicas but thats what i like.
At work i try not to brown the weed i leave it slightly green and than i'm higher and than i use even less battpower to vape a trench.

in short a real must have for annyone who can't go without a vape/smoke for a couple of hours like me :uhoh:

Plant,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Just a little note I learned today. It makes a huge difference in the way you grind your herbs. Powder like (NOT powder...but the stage just before) will make the LB work even better then with just a regular grind. You get much fatter hits and herb seems to be like the energizer bunny...you can puff on one trench for a good 30-45 minutes. This is at the rate of a hit ever 2-4 minutes or so.

Amazing unit.

finchrock24,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Any 2-piece grinder with sharp metal teeth and the ability to grind up fine. 3-4 piece grinders dont grind it fine enough unless you grind upsidedown so that teh herb doesnt fall through to the collection area too soon. However, when you grind upsidedown, little bits of herb get between the grinder and the lid and after a while you'll find it will get built up to the point where it freezes and you can't turn it.

So yeah, i'd say get yourself a nice, small 2 piece grinder.

steiner666,
Top Bottom