B.

War Criminal
Vicki said:
rileyman said:
is it safe to vaporize hash in a launch box?
I was told that using hash or kief in the LB would gunk up the screen beyond repair, and thus should be avoided. Believe me, I wish I could, but I don't want to ruin my LB. So, I save the hash and kief for my Vapor Warez.
I use kief in my LB all the time. I've also tried just straight kief a few times with no ill effect, but I find I like kief better mixed with bud. I wonder why that is. I usually do a 25-50% kief ratio if I'm goin out and about, it makes a single trench last so long, and it's great for stealth because you have to hit it less.

I avoid hash tho, it can be sticky.

B.,

Jericho99

I just lost my battery case filled with 3 batteries while I was vaked. Maybe this was an omen from some higher power though, cause I was looking to replace my crappy, Tenergy batteries anyway.

I'm looking for recommendations on what type of batteris to buy as well as the charger. My usage habits vary, but in general, out of the 4 batteries I used to have, I'd use four at least once within a week, if not twice. Thus, I'm not sure if I really need slow-discharge batteries(how slow does a battery discharge...?). I'm willing to spend any amount on a battery, but am looking for particular recommendations for whatever battery would be the 'best' for my situation. I also kind of want a new charger, but I'm not sure if the purchase is necessary(still have the one which came with it). If I was to buy a new charger, I'd probably not want to spend any more than around $30, but is that type of investment worth it?

Thanks, the world of batteries and the wealth of choices just confuses me. Too many decisions!

Jericho99,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
B. said:
Vicki said:
rileyman said:
is it safe to vaporize hash in a launch box?
I was told that using hash or kief in the LB would gunk up the screen beyond repair, and thus should be avoided. Believe me, I wish I could, but I don't want to ruin my LB. So, I save the hash and kief for my Vapor Warez.
I use kief in my LB all the time. I've also tried just straight kief a few times with no ill effect, but I find I like kief better mixed with bud. I wonder why that is. I usually do a 25-50% kief ratio if I'm goin out and about, it makes a single trench last so long, and it's great for stealth because you have to hit it less.

I avoid hash tho, it can be sticky.
Ok, I thought you couldn't do it. Does anyone else use kief in their LB? I'd sure love to if it's possible. :)

Vicki,

OC513

Dabaholic
I am seriously considering ordering one for my on the go adventures.....but can someone tell me how long does a battery last? If I go out for a full night......lets say for 5 or 6 hours......and I want to vape every hour......how many batteries will I have to carry with me to get thru the night? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

OC513,

Mckdenton

I get 1-2 trenches per batt. If I carry around my battery case with 4 batts in it I'm more than good for the day.

Mckdenton,

OC513

Dabaholic
Mckdenton said:
I get 1-2 trenches per batt. If I carry around my battery case with 4 batts in it I'm more than good for the day.
thanks for the fast reply.......roughly how many good rips do you get from a trench? Does one trench get a person nice and vaped? Or do you need more/less than one trench to get theer?

OC513,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I agree with up to 2 trenches per battery. 1 trench is pretty good for 1 person to me as I crumble it up midway through the trench and it's like loading a whole new trench once the herb is ground even further. Sometimes you don't get a real cloud and think you're not getting anything but it hits you! The LB is sweet!

I can feel better effects from 1 LB trench than a bowl in the IO which is more herb. The LB is quite efficient!!

Lo,

Mckdenton

OC513 said:
Mckdenton said:
thanks for the fast reply.......roughly how many good rips do you get from a trench? Does one trench get a person nice and vaped? Or do you need more/less than one trench to get theer?
I guess It all depends on your tolerance, I recon I can get ripped of one trench. I'm sure the quality of herb plays a role too. Never really counted the amount of hits I get.

Mckdenton,

OC513

Dabaholic
lo said:
I agree with up to 2 trenches per battery. 1 trench is pretty good for 1 person to me as I crumble it up midway through the trench and it's like loading a whole new trench once the herb is ground even further. Sometimes you don't get a real cloud and think you're not getting anything but it hits you! The LB is sweet!

I can feel better effects from 1 LB trench than a bowl in the IO which is more herb. The LB is quite efficient!!
Thanks

OC513,

OC513

Dabaholic
Mckdenton said:
OC513 said:
Mckdenton said:
I guess It all depends on your tolerance, I recon I can get ripped of one trench. I'm sure the quality of herb plays a role too. Never really counted the amount of hits I get.
and thanks....I couldnt find how to multiquote......sorry

OC513,

wtfd03

I did a review on the LB a few pages ago and right after that, I found out I needed more batteries and a better charger because I wasn't sure if I was using the LB to its full potential. Not a negative on the LB, but in fact, I just wanted to vape more. :brow::)

I did a very long research and ended up buying the BC700 charger - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00BG0A9T9AW0XTA0D1P1 and these SANYO 2700mAh batteries http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-NiMH-Re...8&s=electronics&qid=1266870857&sr=8-3-catcorr. After using the 'refresh mode' on the BC-700 with the sanyo batteries, they all were above 2600mAh according to the charger, so sanyo wasn't BS'ing about their rating unlike a lot of other companies.

As for the BC-700 charger, yes you will need to read the manual but after that it's a breeze to use. Upon receiving any new rechargeable batteries, you should run them through a mode called "Refresh" on the BC-700. What it basically does is slowly drain your batteries, then charge them up again. It does this 20 times or so until it has reached the MAX mAh for those batteries. This process takes over 24 hours, but its worth it. As I stated above, the Sanyo were all consistently over 2600mAh (I think two were actually over 2760mAh) which is VERY GOOD.

After they are done with the refresh cycle, the charger will display FULL indicating that (yes) your batteries are full. It does this ALL the TIME, meaning you can put in one half full, one drained, one a quarter drained...etc into the charger and it will only charge it to its max capacity. This eliminates the guesswork when you don't know which batteries are drained, you can put them all in the charger and it'll be charged to full if needed. Also, this charger can charge batteries independently (no need for pairs).

Anyways I loaded a fresh trench and used the new SANYO and OMG, YES I have been MISSING SOMETHING. It seemed like the sanyo delivered the extra power needed to bring the LB to its full potential. After using this combo for over two weeks, I set aside the eneloop and use them for backup. Nothing wrong with them, I just prefer the Sanyo from now on. These batteries fit in the box pretty snug (that's a good thing) and as of writing this, I will probably be ordering another 4-pack soon.

Hope this will help some of you out there who are deciding on batteries and chargers. I'm very happy with the LB+Sanyo+BC-700 combo.

Thanks again for a good product MF!

wtfd03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
thanks for that battery review...that shit helps me out because I do not want to become an expert on batteries!

So you spent $35 on that setup?

Does it work the same with the included oneloops?

stickstones,

hogs

WHERE THE heCK CAN ONE BUY ONE OF THESE AROUND eAST cOAST cANADA B4B1P4 AREA???

tHANKS

hogs,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Nice battery review. I'm also intrigued :)

On BlissSville's site:

2 Rechargeable Batteries $8.00

Click to enlarge
2 Extra Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries NiMh 2000 mHa or better in their own battery case.

*A battery case is necessary for the peeled batteries that work in the Launch Box*

2 Extra Rechargeable Batteries...
Are Sanyo & Eneloops the same thing but these just have more MAH?? I thought that just meant they would last longer. I'm wondering if they put out more power or just last longer. I'm happy with the way the batteries I have work but if they lasted even longer that would be SWEET!

Thanks for sharing!

Lo,

reece

I just got my new Ansmann 2500mah low self discharge batteries. First off, removing the label is a breeze. I just used a small knife at the negative end to cut a little slit, then peeled it off. No gummy adhesive whatsoever. I put three in my maha charger on break-in mode and the other I used to see how charged "pre-charged" is. The light on the Box was strong. The LB hit seemed like one from a freshly charged battery. The trench was a left over one but isn't cashed yet. I'll update this post when the battery is drained to let y'all know how many more trenches I finished on a battery right out of the pack.

reece,

wtfd03

stickstones said:
^^^
thanks for that battery review...that shit helps me out because I do not want to become an expert on batteries!

So you spent $35 on that setup?

Does it work the same with the included oneloops?
Yeah, I actually didn't want to either but hey, it was worth it for what its doing to me. :D:D

Actually it was a total of $42.96.

Yes, the BC-700 will charge all NiMh and NiCd batteries. The BC-700 has three charging rate, 250mA, 500mA, and 700mA. I always use 500mA, btw.

wtfd03,

wtfd03

lo said:
Nice battery review. I'm also intrigued :)

On BlissSville's site:

2 Rechargeable Batteries $8.00

Click to enlarge
2 Extra Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries NiMh 2000 mHa or better in their own battery case.

*A battery case is necessary for the peeled batteries that work in the Launch Box*

2 Extra Rechargeable Batteries...
Are Sanyo & Eneloops the same thing but these just have more MAH?? I thought that just meant they would last longer. I'm wondering if they put out more power or just last longer. I'm happy with the way the batteries I have work but if they lasted even longer that would be SWEET!

Thanks for sharing!
I'm pretty sure the more mAh the batteries have, the longer it last (Don't quote me, I just vaped, lol) However, with the smart BC-700 charger, you will always BE SURE that you are using fully charged batteries because it does make a difference. I noticed a big difference from using the eneloops with stock charger, to sanyo 2700s w/ the BC-700. Anyhow, they are both very good batteries but I prefer the sanyo. They seem to unleash the beast in the LB. lol

I forgot to mention, mAh stands for milli-amps for one hour. So 2700mAh = 2700 milli-amps for one hour.

wtfd03,
Top Bottom