DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
annaK said:
thanks for everyones input...

i just purchase the C9000 charger kit, which came with a case and 4 maha 2700mAh batteries.... Honestly, I've gone through so many battery chargers in the past 5 years... this time I just wanted quality, no matter the price.

I also purchased a 4 pack of the maha IMEDION AA 2100 mAh Ultra Low Discharge.... i'll let everyone know how they fit when I receive them (and the LB!). If they are no good, i'll buy some eneloops.
Make sure to take the time to read the instructions, it is an advanced charger and you need to put some numbers into it for any particular battery to get optimum results. For me the MAHA 2700's last at least twice as long as the batteries that came with my LB which I believe were 2100's.

DeepFried,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
philmcneal said:
hey if your travelling with the MF, is it possible to clean it out of resin before boarding a domestic flight?
This is precisely one of the problems I recently encountered, and it was not all, but a significant part of my motivation to buy a Vapor genie. With the VG, you can use a cheap metal pipe, (Either buying it at your destination or buying one new at home), and screw it into the filtered top piece. Since the ceramic insert never touches anything that could pose a problem when boarding a plane, you can simply dispose of the metal pipe at the end of your trip and bring the top piece back home with you to be happily reunited with its other half :)

On a separate note to the Magic Flight team

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS UP AND COMING CAR CHARGER OPTION.

You have no idea how handy this will be, and how much less ridicule, (By my impatient friends, not me ;) ), will be involved with bringing a vape on a mobile trip. I've been getting sick of my car smelling like smoke, but your product wasn't ideal for group sessions with my easy-as-smoking-preferring friends. With this adapter, converting my car to a smoke free environment will be so much easier than the alternative :)

There's one addition I would like to suggest though:
I know that a button for the LB has been proposed and justly shot down in previous posts, due to a more complicated design, and a general distaste for the complexity, which I wholeheartedly support.
On this car adapter however, and maybe on the home adapter as well, is there a remote possibility of a push button being added? The Launch Box would be absolutely perfect for my personal range of use if such an addition was incorporated, :2c:

sneezyjesus,

Mojo

A button solution takes as assumption that , whatever car or home cord ,
the connexion's feature on the LB side will fit 'better' than with a battery !

If it fits the same , as i understand ,
the pushing on the battery ( or the cord connexion's feature ) IS the pushbutton ...

... or not ! :cool:

Mojo,

VivaSativa

So I've had my replacement LB for over a week I think, and I love it :D
Also, I find that if I smoke ~0.2g of ABV in a bong, I get a nice stone from it. It's more of an indica stone coming from the current sativa dominant strain I use, so I guess most of the THC was vaporized, and I get more CBDs and other cannabinoids in the smoke.. So basically I get 50% extra use from my weed, and I have this great vaporizer I can use anywhere.. Highly recommended :brow:

VivaSativa,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Mojo said:
A button solution takes as assumption that , whatever car or home cord ,
the connexion's feature on the LB side will fit 'better' than with a battery !

If it fits the same , as i understand ,
the pushing on the battery ( or the cord connexion's feature ) IS the pushbutton ...

... or not ! :cool:
I can deal with and even like the qualities of usibg the battery as the pushbutton, but when in a group with more than one or to people, I think it's far too much to ask to remember to turn the *ignition* on and off after every hit :(
Not to say that I don't love the LB. ITS AWESOME. Just not in the vape groups I would use this thing in...

Thats why I was hoping the adapter could have a switch :)

sneezyjesus,

B.

War Criminal
I bet most people are pretty well accustomed to hitting the ignition every time they take a hit. Kinda like smokin a bowl back when we were primitive and still combusted like suckers :p

B.,

Monsoon

B. said:
I bet most people are pretty well accustomed to hitting the ignition every time they take a hit. Kinda like smokin a bowl back when we were primitive and still combusted like suckers :p
From reading MF's description on how to use it , it sounds very similar to using a pipe and a lighter. Size and method means I'll be sharing it a lot more than my SSV. I never took it to parties because I'd need to babysit it since the learning curve is a bit higher and I don't want it to break. I also have one friend who for some reason cannot inhale properly through her mouth and blows instead. The weed then burns on the ceramic heater and then you need to wait for it to cool off and put it back together after all the while stoned.

I think overall though bags will always be the best for groups since they're easy and you can't really screw it up. But of course you can't fit a bag of vapour in your pocket. All vapes have their place and it just comes down to personal preference.

- - - - -

My LB was shipped yesterday from BlissSville. I had a small issue with the order and Ariel did a great job fixing it. Buying things on the internet is always a bit of a game of chance since there's a risk that you'll get that 1 in a 1000 unit that's defective and then going through the pain of the RMA process. I also really love the fact that if I have an issue with the Launch Box a couple e-mails will be all that's needed. Same with the warranty too since I'm Canadian. A Canadian on another board sent his Da Buddha back for repairs and it took 1 month and cost him $175 of which $75 is the customs/duty fee. Even if he had gone with cheap USPS shipping instead of UPS it's still extra money out of your pocket for something that broke through no fault of your own.

Bottom line, it makes feel a lot more confident about my purchase and it's great to know that it will last as long as Magic Flight is in business which is hopefully a long time.

Monsoon,

aero18

vaporist
Just ordered my own Launch Box! It will be here in a couple of days. When it does I'll write up a review of it. :brow:

aero18,

tomitface

alrightt so one bowl in, i can say this thing packs a suprisingly powerful punch without all too much vapor. one question i have is regarding the color of the inside of the loading chamber. does the bottom have a brown tint new? cause clearing out the first bowl i saw that the bottom half of the chamber is a resin colored brownish golden. discoloration from one bowl :o ?

tomitface,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
It's just wood below the screen.

Shine a really bright (flash)light down into the screen and you should be able to see everything more clearly.

Welcome to the club!

Haywood

Haywood,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
tomitface said:
...one question i have is regarding the color of the inside of the loading chamber. does the bottom have a brown tint new?
Yes -- we have started using a new burn-in technique that allows us to check the unit calibration. The discoloration is normal.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sneezyjesus said:
I can deal with and even like the qualities of using the battery as the push-button, but when in a group with more than one or to people ... I was hoping the adapter could have a switch
This makes a lot of sense. There was a completed design for the power module which had started test, but it did not have a push-button -- since it was about the same size and shape as a battery, and thus worked the same way. However, due to the recurring requests for a push-button for the power module, it is getting reworked to see if something can be added. No promises yet, but it is definitely getting looked at.

Also, for those who have been asking about a light, we have started putting them into Boxes. They will be available at around the same time that we release the desktop power adapter. This should solve the problem of determining if the Box is "on" or not, how charged your batteries are, etc.

Another bit of news is that the power module will come with its own cord, independent of the fast charger. The fast charger accessory will be released somewhat later, as its own item -- probably in December (planned). We are hoping to have the power module and car adapter available by the end of this month (around Nov 1).

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
vap999 said:
Can the copper contact ring be safety bent or pushed to be a little tighter?
Hi,

It is possible -- but very difficult -- for someone to adjust the ring. We use a press with a special fixture to make the adjustment, and generally suggest that users treat this as a warranty issue. We will be glad to recycle or re-adjust your existing units and/or send a replacement for a Box that is otherwise unusable (ie making no contact, regardless of battery used).

However, if you would like to attempt to make the adjustment, most often the best bet is to push the entire ring upwards from the bottom of the Box towards the lid side, with the lid open. Use a vice and a tool with a flat edge that can press with an even, gradually increasing pressure on the center of the bottom of the ring. The idea is to treat the entire ring as a unit, rather than to change the size/diameter of the ring itself. The main risk is not applying the adjustment force exactly perpendicular to the bottom of the Box at the center of the ring. If the ring moves at all forward or backward (rather than just up or down), the screen will be displaced and potentially damaged as the rod slides. Also, just the right level of force is necessary -- too much and the ring will either become too small or be moved too far out of position -- at which point, an opposite adjustment must be attempted. Above all else, please be safe -- think about what you are doing before you do it.

If you have a Box that is not working due to this issue, and you attempt to make the adjustment and further damage the Box, please let us know so that we can send you a new Box.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,
Reactions: ntaylor

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lo said:
:) Can't wait to see the artwork!
We have selected a winning T-Shirt design (see below). We had some great suggestions and some truly beautiful artwork submitted -- thanks to everyone who submitted ideas and drawings!

People who want a Magic-Flight T-Shirt ($19) should send us an email indicating the size/quantity. We will place a combined order next week and ship to your address as soon as we get them.

PS: It was SunDaddy that submitted the winning design. If anyone ever needs T-Shirt work...

sundaddy said:
I do tee shirt art for a living, since '86. I can make about anything work ...
multi.jpg

magicflight,

tomitface

i just want to thank you magic flight for your goods. one more question what tempature does the ceramic heating element burn at...im sure its in here somewhere and i may have overlooked it. il go check again. :ninja:

tomitface,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
tomitface said:
i just want to thank you magic flight for your goods. one more question what tempature does the ceramic heating element burn at...im sure its in here somewhere and i may have overlooked it. il go check again. :ninja:
Hi,

The heating element is 304 stainless (the same material used in high-end cookware) and is usually calibrated to be at 380 Fahrenheit four seconds after the moment the Box is started, assuming a fairly slow constant draw rate and average environmental conditions.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow! Great job on the shirt design there Sundaddy!! I think it's great... Jeepers, collecting vapes, now I'll be collecting vape shirts... What is next :D

Lo,
I am considering the Magic Flight, however, I am thinking that this vap may not work in cold. As in -20 F or lower cold. This is one of my primary concerns with a portable unit - its ability to withstand the frigid temperatures of Alaska.
If there is anyone out there who has done any testing, then the results would be greatly appreciated.

Orange Hairy Mist,

B.

War Criminal
I have nothing to back this up, but I bet the batteries give you more of a problem than the box will.

I do wonder what temps that cold would do to vapor. MF will have the answer. MF is all knowing ;)

B.,

Monsoon

Orange Hairy Mist said:
I am considering the Magic Flight, however, I am thinking that this vap may not work in cold. As in -20 F or lower cold. This is one of my primary concerns with a portable unit - its ability to withstand the frigid temperatures of Alaska.
If there is anyone out there who has done any testing, then the results would be greatly appreciated.
I think it was mentioned previously in the thread (read the last 6 or so pages) that cold shouldn't be an issue. If the LB is the ideal vape for your predicted usage, just pick up some hand warmers to keep it from freezing. You could probably even wrap a hard warmer around the LB during use. For greater stealth and warmth, get a kid sized mitt, keep the battery in the thumb and you should be able to use it provided it's a good fit.

Monsoon,

Mojo

sneezyjesus said:
I can deal with and even like the qualities of using the battery as the push-button, but when in a group with more than one or to people ... I was hoping the adapter could have a switch
magicflight said:
... Also ... about a light, we have started putting them into Boxes. They will be available at around the same time that we release the desktop power adapter. This should solve the problem of determining if the Box is "on" or not, how charged your batteries are, etc.
-- Magic-flight
@sneezyjesus : Once known if box is "on" or not , is a pushbutton still needed ?
( if any doubt , i have nothing particular against a pushbutton .... )

magicflight said:
... light ... will be available at around the same time that we release the desktop power adapter
Another bit of news is that the power module will come with its own cord, independent of the fast charger. The fast charger accessory will be released somewhat later, as its own item -- probably in December (planned). We are hoping to have the power module and car adapter available by the end of this month (around Nov 1).

-- Magic-flight
Difficult choice ......

I would highly like to order now ( .... stopping combustion the sooner :tup: .... and starting whole France conquest with LB :party: )

.... but would appreciate the little light .... if really stealthy ... ( Nov 1 )

.... as well as the car+desktop power adaptater ... ( Nov 1 )
.... as well ( certainly ) as the fast charger .... ( Dec ) ... but will need one in the meantime ...

and i have to add 1 or 2 weeks delivery for France .... :cry:

Mojo,

Monsoon

I love the t-shirt design! It stands out as a cool looking shirt that at the same time doesn't scream to everyone that you're a stoner.

The light sounds interesting. I don't think everyone would necessarily want one with it and depending how it's integrated it could diminish stealth in certain situations such as a movie theater. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the box with a light on it?

Monsoon,

Monsoon

Mojo said:
@sneezyjesus : Once known if box is "on" or not , is a pushbutton still needed ?
( if any doubt , i have nothing particular against a pushbutton .... )
Depending on the placement of the pushbutton, it could allow easy one handed usage. This would be a major benefit to people who are medicating who have trouble with their hands.

Monsoon,
Top Bottom