duh

IAmKrazy2 said:
i love the idea for the cup. . . .but seems kindof like a lot of work for a paper FB case. I wonder if there is anything else that would be more durable in the long run.
I'm not sure it's a real case there - the point is stealth - you know - :ninja:s :D

This was also done w/the IO and it looks nice but I still don't like inhaling plastic. I wonder if it would be possible to fit a longer custom pipe stem that could be fitted inside of the plastic straw. Now, we are talking duhduhduhduhduh McDonald's ;).

duh,

sundaddy

Hi I'm new here, not new to vaping though. One question I have is, I noticed that the screen seems to have some sort of soldering to give the mesh screen good contact to the heating elements. Has this been looked into. I'm of the understanding that solder contains lead. I will purchase one of these if anyone knows this to be a safe solder. It looks like a cool unit.

sundaddy,

chloe

thanks guys...and yeah duh is right...its strictly meant for stealth...not a case...

hmm..haven't thought about the inhaling plastic part...I mean I didn't taste anything different vs the glass, but maybe it's cuz I typically don't pay too much attn to taste after the first 2 hits

chloe,

duh

sundaddy said:
Hi I'm new here, not new to vaping though. One question I have is, I noticed that the screen seems to have some sort of soldering to give the mesh screen good contact to the heating elements. Has this been looked into. I'm of the understanding that solder contains lead. I will purchase one of these if anyone knows this to be a safe solder. It looks like a cool unit.
There is no solder. The screen is bonded onto the poles. This is using some metallurgy MF uses. They state that a bunch of places in the threads.

chloe said:
haven't thought about the inhaling plastic part...I mean I didn't taste anything different
It's not a taste thing. It's a soft/cheap plastic melts in the path of hot vapor and mixes into your hit thing. I doubt it'll kill you right away, though. :/

duh,

chloe

duh said:
chloe said:
haven't thought about the inhaling plastic part...I mean I didn't taste anything different
It's not a taste thing. It's a soft/cheap plastic melts in the path of hot vapor and mixes into your hit thing. I doubt it'll kill you right away, though. :/
:o

That's a good point...so you think the vapor is hot enough to melt the plastic? I think I have a quick fix for that since I have those thick bubble tea/milk shake straws that I can fit one of the longer glass tubings in

chloe,
Reactions: ntaylor

max

Out to lunch
I doubt the iolite plastics are either soft or cheap. From the iolite thread (manufacturer info)-

"The Outside plastic is not your everyday commonly found plastic.
It is ?Ultem 1000? which is FDA and United States Pharmacoepia Class VI compliant. Ultem 1000 is a thermoplastic polyetherimide high heat polymer designed by General Electric. Ultem is also commonly machined into parts for reusable medical devices, electrical/electronic insulators and a variety of structural components requiring high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures.

The reason we picked this plastic was because it has low thermal conductivity. If we used metal or other far cheaper plastics like glass filled nylon we could not make it so small without burning your hand off.

The internal plastics are made from DuPont Automotive Zenite* liquid crystal polymer, which also has a very low thermal conductivity and is FDA approval for use in repeated food-contact applications. Zenite* liquid crystal polymer is also used in auto ignition fuel handling, ovenware and the aerospace industry and for fuel or gas barrier structures."

max,

duh

chloe said:
duh said:
chloe said:
:o

That's a good point...so you think the vapor is hot enough to melt the plastic? I think I have a quick fix for that since I have those thick bubble tea/milk shake straws that I can fit one of the longer glass tubings in
Fraid so. Some people use starbucks straws which are better at higher temps, but those are still stirrers.

Love the look tho, major kudos to craftiness!

duh,

chloe

ok so I'm no longer using the mcdonalds plastic straw (thanks Duh)

that longer plastic tubing is one of the extensions you can buy from MF
5082_195209450525_810130525_7257310_634736_n.jpg

5082_195209455525_810130525_7257311_3145712_n.jpg

chloe,

reece

reece said:
magicflight said:
reece said:
Could there be another way, besides the straw, to modify the AV for consumption?
The most likely approach is to make a lid with similar airwork as associated with the Box. One disadvantage of nearly all designs of this type is that there is no real way to preload it. The user would have to keep it right side up to avoid tipping liquids and powders into places it should not be, even while in use. However, if this sort if thing is widely desired, we can make them using our existing tooling.
So, FC community, is anyone besides myself interested in a dedicated vaporizer for oils/resins?
Beezleb said:
I would love to see a Magic Flight vape for oil.
I just wanted to throw this question out there again in case it was missed. Is there anyone else that would be interested in Magic Flight making some modifications to its AV unit for consumption of hash/oil?

reece,

HMVape

i've yet to purchase... but i must say, im in love with this little thing. Magic, indeed. Its economical efficiency in its design has me slack-jawed and awe-struck... it JUST MAKES SENSE to use simple designs with complex concepts. I mentioned in the LT thread that im impressed that everything is calibrated perfectly- the surface area of the contacts, the materials used (the amount of materials used), the simple and efficient design, all are enough to sell the skeptic out of curiosity alone. imo- this is borderline (if not) revolutionary.

Not to mention the reviews have been fantastic- nothing but positive feedback. the batteries are rechargeable, very eco-friendly =)

do you (magicflight) have any plans on building a desktop (possibly plugin, possibly portable, possibly both) utilizing your team of gifted engineers for the purpose of creating the environmentally (and wallet...ly? walletly? monies.) friendly medium to large sized vape?

P.S. plan on ordering one. will definitely let you know what myself (and my friends) think. Spread the love.
:peace:

HMVape,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Duh, i was worried about inhaling the plastic straw also. The long LB straw could be cut to look like a standard straw, i think that is what Chloe is using in the second set of pics on the inside of the platic straw.

As far as my durability issue, i wanted to remain stealth also. There is plastic water bottle with built in straws. Maybe modify one of those? I'd have to check Meijer or Walmart and see what's available. But, the McD's cup surfe would be quick, cheap, easy. For now, I will simply use it as is.

IAmKrazy2,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I just wanted to throw this question out there again in case it was missed. Is there anyone else that would be interested in Magic Flight making some modifications to its AV unit for consumption of hash/oil?
I would be interested as long as it remained portable. My straw days are over though ;)

Durden,

reece

TylerDurden said:
I would be interested as long as it remained portable. My straw days are over though ;)
It would still be portable and stealthy but you wouldn't be able to pre-load it (and once loaded it would have to stay upright). Depending on the situation, that could be a problem but not necessarily. I mean, I've rolled many a joint when the circumstances called for discreetness. I've also smoked many a pipe under similar conditions. I think loading and using the box would be easier.

reece,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi HMVape,

Thanks for the great feedback!

HMVape said:
...do you have any plans on building a desktop (possibly plugin, possibly portable, possibly both) ... vape?
This question has been asked a few times before, and as a result, we have started looking into it more seriously. At the moment, we have a prototype design for the power management bits and are working toward a working model for alpha testing. It will probably be a while still before we have something that is ready for market (months), assuming that various usability tests checkout and we do not hit any other unforeseen roadblocks.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

For the use of a drink cup as stealth enhancement -- I applaud the creativity. In regards to the question of plastics, etc, the temp of vapor stream decreases very rapidly the farther from the unit you get. By the time the vapor is more than 2 inches down the tube, the temp is generally well below 135 Fahrenheit -- cool enough for a straw. I definably suggest that you put the straw onto either the short Peg or (better) the Bulb Bend and attach to the Box if you are going to use a straw.

Also in regards to stealth, you may notice that if you hold the Box 'overhand' (with your palm downwards over the cover of the Box), that the Box is small enough to be completely hidden within your closed hand.
Held in this way, the native draw hole is still accessible and you can hit on the Box (the heel of your hand presses the battery in) without anyone being able to see -- it looks like your yawning or suppressing a cough.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

Steve1208

Though a desktop model may be far off, as something possibly in the nearer future I would love to see an LB with the same design as now except it can be plugged in. That would be a great way to not have to worry as much about batteries while at home and conserve them for when an outlet is unavailable.

Steve1208,

chloe

Steve1208 said:
Though a desktop model may be far off, as something possibly in the nearer future I would love to see an LB with the same design as now except it can be plugged in. That would be a great way to not have to worry as much about batteries while at home and conserve them for when an outlet is unavailable.
that would be cool...someone asked me about that as well...if they can plug it in if at home...i told him no it doesn't maybe due to its simplistic design and small size as well as cost...

but I agree if they can maintain this size and add an optional plug ...i dont know if i'd use my desktop model as much

chloe,

duh

magicflight said:
well below 135 Fahrenheit -- cool enough for a straw. I definably suggest that you put the straw onto either the short Peg or (better) the Bulb Bend and attach to the Box if you are going to use a straw.

Also in regards to stealth, you may notice that if you hold the Box 'overhand' (with your palm downwards over the cover of the Box), that the Box is small enough to be completely hidden within your closed hand.
Held in this way, the native draw hole is still accessible and you can hit on the Box (the heel of your hand presses the battery in) without anyone being able to see -- it looks like your yawning or suppressing a cough.

-- Magic-Flight
Awesome on the LB+MCDs love approval! :D

If you are going stealth, :ninja: native or otherwise w/the LB or another vape - I would highly recommend knowing your plant beforehand. Some strains out here in LA, particularly the Diablo/Skywalk stuff (I have *ahem* heard about) is really stinky. No way around a nice stinky plant and the vapor is going to stink too.

duh,

Plasmah

Does anyone know if when you order from Vapenow you get the complete LB kit now?
I was reading in the forums somewhere someone got a kit from them and it was missing a few things.

Has this been remedied by Vapenow?

Thanks

Plasmah,

digglover

Plasmah said:
Does anyone know if when you order from Vapenow you get the complete LB kit now?
I was reading in the forums somewhere someone got a kit from them and it was missing a few things.

Has this been remedied by Vapenow?

Thanks
According to an email I recieved from Magic-Flight this has been remedied.

digglover,

chloe

what would be the best or safest way to cut the plastic straw that came with the unit? The curved end is bugging me.

TIA

chloe,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I NEVER hit my unit with the newer curved straw..it makes hitting the box SO AWKWARD!

I would saw it off...wouldn't take the chance of it shattering into bits if I attempted to break it off :uhoh:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom