Plasmah

Hennessy1414

Does the LB burn much? Or do you get that nice brown color when done vapeing?

Plasmah,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I would have to go out of my way to make the herb VERY brown.

It cooks at such an even rate...that's why I give this vape so much praise.

......and I only have the beta. ;) I can only imagine that the production model is a tad bit better, but I haven't hit it yet so I couldn't be the judge of that.

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Plasmah

Wow... Cool thanks

I only ask cause I seen the performance of the Launch Tube and that unit seemed to burn the herb in some of the demos I've seen on the web.

Plasmah,

chloe

oh crappy!!! I took a nap and slept past the closing time of the post office today...I rec'd the notice that a pkg is waiting for me today (only had to pay $16 in taxes to Canada) Ordered from Blissville last week and they said it should arrive this week so I'm pretty happy with that. Good thing post office is opened tomorrow until noon...can't wait!

I've been trying to think of ways to conceal it better like out of a to go drinking cup or something...we'll c

chloe,

josh

I'm digging my LB. Ordered it a few weeks back. I have been taking it to work for lunch break instead of the PD. The first week or so I was taking the battery in and out a lot, but now I just fill it about 1/2 to 3/4 way with very fine ground goodies and leave the battery in just shaking it after each hit or two. I prefer to use the short mouth piece deal. I get good vapor for five or ten minutes maybe. With the two batteries that takes care of me on lunch with a spare just in case I get an afternoon break.

josh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have to admit to using the FB on my breaks also. It is now usual for me to take 3 or 4 breaks at 15mins each if I work 9hrs+ which is my usual. I like this as I can sneak in my Sandwich between a couple of LB's.

I actually ordered the battery charger suggested earlier in this thread LA CROSSE BC-900. I wasn't sure at first because I wanted something with a car charger (my Duracell works half ass now.) The new one should be here with the roomie when I get back from work tommorow. Anyone buy this thing except me??LA CROSSE BC-900.

IAmKrazy2,

chloe

damn man...i picked up the box today...first thing i thought when i saw the pkg was that it wasn't the box since the pkg was so flat...opened it up and first impressions are that the pictures posted on the website don't do it any justice...hopefully I get around to taking some pics of it cuz it is an amazing piece of art....again haven't used it yet but (too early on in the day and need to be functional) but wanted to comment on how small the unit really is...i was expecting something bigger...

also so far i'm putting about 1/3 to 1/2 of what I typically put in my cannon..the amount I put in my cannon is good for 3-4 people to get toasty...i'll report back later

chloe,

Plasmah

Sounds good chloe... Looking forward to hearing your report.
Very excited about this unit.

Plasmah,

Durden

I am Jack's title
it's kinda odd to me you can only charge 2 of the cells at a time at 1800 (total output = 3600), since with 4 batteries you can do 1000 each (total output = 4000), but I'm sure there is a reason why it's like that. Best part about it is that I saved about 10-15 of my old batteries I had used in fast chargers and chargers without overcharge protection.

Durden,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
If you don't mind spending a little more, check out the MaHa Powerex MH-C9000 charger. It has a greater range of charging currents (including 2000mA per cell), and it will charge one to four batteries at the maximum rate, not just two. Now that the sale price on the bc-900 appears to be finished, the two cost almost exactly the same amount, though the MH-C9000 does not normally include free batteries.

Just my 2.

Haywood

ps Hennessy1414: I bought three production Boxes since I got my prototype, and they're all a little better in the way they hold the battery, and of course, the edges are beveled on the production Boxes, and the design has changed a tiny bit. I have to order a few more next week, as every friend I've shared a load with wants one, and more than once I've just handed a friend the one I was using and said "OK, you can buy this one, I have another one at a home". (And no, I don't "give" them away as a matter of routine, but some friends I only see a handful of times a year).

Haywood,
Reactions: ntaylor

max

Out to lunch
If you don't mind spending a little more, check out the MaHa Powerex MH-C9000 charger.
I'm a big MaHa fan. :tup: I've got one of their older chargers and their batteries are top quality.

max,
Reactions: ntaylor

chloe

so I couldn't wait...I loaded the trench 1/2 (not sure how many grams, I'll check later)...1 battery vaped 2 trenches completely (colour was dark brown)...I left the battery in the whole time...good for 4-5 good hits continuously (had someone with me)...my wife said it was like "magic"...after 5 seconds vapor started and after a few hits the herb looked spent...did another trench with the same battery and same results...i was pretty vaked....I am so glad I caught this product before buying the iolite (nothing against their product since I haven't used it) BUT what I do know is that for a fraction of the price I have something that completely does what I need it to do and does it well...I'm a huge fan of this product....I have nothing against spending $250 on a solid product that works well (iolite) but I'm also one to not spend a penny over what is needed

for my needs this fits the bill perfectly, but I can see certain rare circumstances I'd rather the iolite since the 1 battery per trench or 2 can be limiting to some (not me) I'm using duracell 2650mah...I used the Short Bulbous Stem with the whip attached (I'm just used to the whip from the cannon) and I like looking at the herb while it changes colour

one thing I've noticed right away is that it gets the job done quickly...with the cannon I tend to leave the temp at 11-12 oclock so the temp isn't too hot..and i take several hits b4 feeling anything...with the box it only took a few hits (although the product gets spent much quicker)...I'm sure its all the same in that u get most of the thc in your system at the end with each product...but the lil box only took a few draws b4 lookn' finished...altho I am using 1/3 less than I am in the box vs the cannon

so far 10/10 for this product...the price point was perfect for me...I'll try to get some pics up later....

good job to the team of Magic-Flight and thanks to this board for pointing me in the right direction with the great user base

chloe,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
awesome review chloe...that sums it up excellently.

I'm not sure what kind of wood you got...but mine has the smell of good times :brow: It's unlike any vape I have smelled...its partially the wood and all the resin in it, but its one of my favorite smells for sure :drool:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Steve1208

This may not totally belong here, but magicflight, could you tell us about the Aromatic Vaporizer advertised on the Magic-Flight site? The name sounds interesting, but there's no info about it.

Steve1208,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
interested on info in anything they make. great customer service and initiative products.

got my charger... like it so far.

IAmKrazy2,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Steve1208 said:
This may not totally belong here, but magicflight, could you tell us about the Aromatic Vaporizer advertised on the Magic-Flight site? The name sounds interesting, but there's no info about it.
Hi,

The Aromatic Vaporizer (AV) is for incense, oils, powders, resins, solids, etc. It is a portable unit which is the same size as a Launch Box but without the cover and a simpler and smaller screen geometry (and the battery lasts a little longer). To use, you take a bit of foil, press it into a specially shaped dimple in the upper right corner to form a small dish, which is then placed in the screen receptacle. You then put whatever you are going to vaporize into the foil dish and insert the battery. As with the Box, heating starts instantly and vapor rises over the unit.

The AV is not really intended for user ingestion of the vapor -- although by using a common straw in a fairly still room (no wind) you can get good results. Rather, it is intended for true aromatic oils, plant extracts, and the rarest and finest incenses, tree resins, ground bark, etc, for which it produces positively excellent results as measured in terms of the quality of the scents produced. We sell them to top end (world class) incense makers who use them as a sampling and quality assessment tool for incoming raw source materials, finished blends, etc. They are especially convenient for people who are out in the field, garden, market, etc, and need to quickly and accurately determine the quality of a potential source (which can vary widely from year to year, vendor to vendor). Unlike with charcoal, there is no waiting, no burning, no added charcoal smell, and it is possible to turn off instantly. This allows samplers to process and test many individual sources in minutes rather than hours. Furthermore, because of the precise heating, the quality of the scent is absolutely pristine. Currently, there is no better and more truthful/honest means of generating a scent on the market.

There will be information added for it on our website soon. However, please be aware that this product is currently being offered exclusively though another distributor: MermadeArts.com which makes some of the finest and highest quality incenses in the world. For people who are looking for things which smell nice (rather than for any medicinal quality), there can be no better recommendation. Otherwise, if you are looking for more information on the AV unit, please consult the MermadeArts.com website.

Also, although the AV is a true vaporizer, it is not directly built for consumption. It is therefore uncertain as to whether it is within the scope of the FC site. I suppose it could be, insofar as any common straw can make it operable as such, but technically, doing so is a custom "user mod" rather than an inherent part of the AV product -- in which case, it belongs in its own thread. If there is sufficient interest (and it is allowed), I will create one.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
max said:
If you don't mind spending a little more, check out the MaHa Powerex MH-C9000 charger.
I'm a big MaHa fan. :tup: I've got one of their older chargers and their batteries are top quality.
Hi,

Agreed about the MaHa MH-C9000. We use them as well and find them to be excellent. A bit arcane for the average user, but for those who are into the advanced "tech" of rechargeable batteries, it is a great unit. For people who simply want to get their batteries charged quickly, a good alternative is the Energizer 15 minute charger (a little less expensive). Also, for those who want to have a set of 'reserve' batteries which are sure to remain charged after sitting in your car for months, the Sanyo Eneloop batteries and chargers are unbeatable in terms of quality and maintainability. For the true vapor technicians, using all three of these products in succession, or together in an appropriate mix, is as good as it gets short of a dedicated battery lab.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

chloe

3623797355_6b84f593e4.jpg

took a pic with the loonie for the relative size...

** it did not come with instructions...just wondering what the best way to keep the screen clean? Can I use an ear picker to scrape debris off? Just wondering how sensitive the screen is to pressure.

Thanks

chloe,

josh

chloe said:
** it did not come with instructions...just wondering what the best way to keep the screen clean? Can I use an ear picker to scrape debris off? Just wondering how sensitive the screen is to pressure.

Thanks
Did you buy the version with all the accessories. If so you should have received a small brush that you use to clean the screen. I've seen these same types of brushes in my dad's garage when I was younger so perhaps they are also used in either painting or mechanic applications. The screen is delicate so what you use you want it to be soft and flexible and you do not want to apply much, if any, pressure to the screen.

josh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
magicflight said:
If there is sufficient interest (and it is allowed), I will create one.

-- Magic-Flight
That sounds like an impressive product! I suggest posting about it here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=402

as that thread was created for aromatherapy purposes. True, that thread was created to learn about what oils, etc. to get for our vaporizers that are designed to be diffusers as well, but this product would probably be a good contribution to that thread.

stickstones,

reece

magicflight said:
Hi,

The Aromatic Vaporizer (AV) is for incense, oils, powders, resins, solids, etc. It is a portable unit which is the same size as a Launch Box but without the cover and a simpler and smaller screen geometry (and the battery lasts a little longer). To use, you take a bit of foil, press it into a specially shaped dimple in the upper right corner to form a small dish, which is then placed in the screen receptacle. You then put whatever you are going to vaporize into the foil dish and insert the battery. As with the Box, heating starts instantly and vapor rises over the unit.

The AV is not really intended for user ingestion of the vapor -- although by using a common straw in a fairly still room (no wind) you can get good results.

-- Magic-Flight
Hi magicflight,

I'm wondering, could one place foil on the screen for the launch box to use it for oils, powders, etc?

reece,
Top Bottom