Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Vaporisateur,

slvelocity

Vitolo said:
slvelocity said:
Do your guys' battery heads look like that?
It looks exactly like that! There was no silver coating. You were ultra excited, and registered it wrong!

thanks for the confirmation :) guess im just getting tripped haha

slvelocity,
Does anyone know if i can clean combustion residue from the bed of the trench by using a cigarette lighter's flame to burn it off ? I don't have any Isopropyl Alcohol... I have mouthwash that has alcohol in it LOL.

Bah, i have to buy ISO don't I. I'll just give up proper food.

chimpbacca,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
chimpbacca said:
Does anyone know if i can clean combustion residue from the bed of the trench by using a cigarette lighter's flame to burn it off ?
I would not do that. Chances are that the box will catch on fire
smiley_flamethrower.gif

chimpbacca said:
Bah, i have to buy ISO don't I. I'll just give up proper food.
Yes, do that. And buy at minimum 95% ISO, nothing less than that.

Vaporisateur,

elevation

Hey everybody,

I am really fucking amazed with all the positive help i get on here!
Vitolo, thanks a lot for that video. That helps a lot. I brought it out to a friends house yesterday with 4 charged 2700's and had a great time. My throat is a little itchy, but i think i'll have to take that for granted. We went through 6(!) bowls last night.

To the guy with the water filtration advice, i am going to try the hot water bong hits soon.
I already have a small bong laying around here, so if i get a change to buy the whip anywhere next week i'll pick it up. :peace:

elevation,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am about to go hit that SSV hard. I just want to say, that thanks to my MFLB power adapter, I just was on low power, and I slowly milked all the goodness out of one trench for an hour!
I have a perfectly golden load in the trench. Can't say how happy I am with it!

Vitolo,
I just got my LB from a local headshop yesterday. I was very leary. I used a cheap vaporizor a few years ago and i was very disappointed. Not only was I getting a much better high from my LB, therefore using less herb than smoking a bowl, but I was not expecting some of the negative experiences of smoking a bowl to be completely .

I'm normally a pipe user.. my favorite one being my proto pipe... but everytime I smoke, my eyes feel loke they are being pushed back in my head... they hurt, i squint, the whites of my eyes are very red... im so obviously high. When I used the LB my eyes are not affected at all... if anything, my eyes are wide open. I guess I must be sensitive to the smoke when using a pipe. Ive always wondered if it was the smoke or the high that bothered my eyes. I never want to take a lighter to my herbs again lol.

The other difference to the LB high, although I get an amazing high... I'm more functional. I can stay alert and focused. When Im talking I can actually string a sentence together. lol. Not sure if its from the novelty of the LB and being really excited about it, but normally to smoke i have to do it at the end of my day. The LB is going to change the way I carry on my routine. I cant go on enough about this device. I never thought I would retire my Proto pipe. Im a vapor guy now :brow:

autoguyldn,

vapirtoo

Yeah, the vapor high is cleaner than combustion and allows one to
function with less paranoia or muddled thinking. The lb will let you
get zooted in new places , but please be mindful that you are still
impaired and adjustments must be made to avoid problems. :o :2c:

vapirtoo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
autoguyldn said:
Im a vapor guy now :brow:

Welcome

Been a year for me now, and I think it's better,

(your thread may be moved to the "Vapor Lounge" section where we shoot the isht when we're not talking in one of the vaporizer specific threads, please don't be put off by this, we all take a while to familiarize ourselves with the forum here)

VWFringe,

Nycdeisel

Vapor ftw(obviously :cool:)

Glad that you have fully converted, yea the rare, rare occasion that I smoke I get a very very short lasting high that leaves me feeling very burntout for at least the rest of the day and the toll it takes on my throat lasts up through the next day, sometimes longer. And with the staggering amount that I would use when doing that, its totally not worth it for me.

Keep in mind, even with the low price of the LB, it is still a very high quality vaporizer, but a portable stealthy one, not meant to do what some other units can do, as they all do their own thing if you catch my drift.

Nycdeisel,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
slvelocity said:
Hey guys i just need some help verifying something with my pa. When i first got the pa, i swore the battery head was completely covered in that silver tin coating. Now, the head of the battery seems to have lost part of that silver tin, revealing the plastic underneath which now seems to be melting without that tin. I have attached a pic.

mine definitely has a silver coating and not plastic showing there

Vaporgin.,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vaporgin. said:
mine definitely has a silver coating and not plastic showing there
I have handled 3 PA's brand new from the box, other than my own, and non of these have silver.
The black plastic is an insulator meant to keep the pole and body of battery separate.
I am taking the liberty this minute of looking at a friend's PA straight from the box. It has nor ring.
Photoon2011-06-12at1048.jpg

Vitolo,

Herborizer

I saw a MFLB in person for the first time yesterday. So simple but nice. There was a deal going and I could get it for $80. I already have an IOLite and an Extreme-Q.

Because of both of these, I guess I am timid on any Vaporizer purchase these days. The Exterme-q is freaking awesome, zero complaints at all except I wish it got to full temperature faster. While the IOlite is cool for it's portability, I really dislike vaping on it after the first two puffs on a fresh bowl. It starts to have a STRONG popcorny taste, but in a really bad flavor.

Though, one of the things I like about the IOLite is that it can be transported while the bowl is packed. This is one of my concerns with the MFLB. It looks like your herb can fly everywhere in that thing and make a mess. Also, having to use that brush to clean it out. Looks like it would annoying while out and about.

Another thing I have been telling myself for about a year now, is that the next portable Vape I get will have variable temperature that I can set. This is one of the best things about the Extreme-q. My personal preference is a temp of 215C. The IOLite only goes to 180-190C. This is too low for my taste. I know the MFLB has a variable temp based on how long you press on the battery, but that seems so inaccurate. From the experience on the Extreme-q, it feels like accurate temps are important.

I just seen on these boards that the Arizer Solo is just released. But wow, so expensive! It seems it has all the features I am looking for. Though, I feel the price is way to high. The thing has a glass bowl (fragile, but glass really is the best I think). Though, it doesn't come with a carrying case that would protect the glass etc. You would think for that price it would include a case at least. The IOLite does. Lastly, the battery (which is LION) is not user replaceable. That seems like a major problem. LION batteries last a maximum of 2-3 years. Arizer says they will replace the battery for $99 plus shipping and handling, but who is going to ship their resin coated device through the mail? Not I.

I keep waiting for the perfect portable vape, but I just don't get why the manufactures can get so close but so far. So far, the Arizer Solo looks like the most promising if I can find a decent 3rd party case. Though, this thing would have to be just as good as my Extreme-q to even be considered at the $300 price tag.

Sigh...

Herborizer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Using a brush to brush out the trench is easier than stirring and dumping my SSV wand, or any other vape.
every vape has some maintenance between hits.
If the MFLB is still available for 80, that is a good deal, and if nothing else, you could sell it to a friend!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Here is how I would do it if I were to be going out and about with my LB:

load fresh trench, close the lid, and use one of the little rubber bands that are included to hold the lid closed. that goes in my 'LB kit', along with a plastic battery case holding two freshly charged batts, and toss the stem into the case too, it all fits perfectly, and is smaller then a glasses case(my case) and it takes just seconds to get out the Box plus a battery and hit it, then it can even be almost completely hidden in the palm of your hand, which is amazing! the Iolite is huge in that aspect, its also loud. I have used my LB during a movie with one other person with absolutely no problems!(that person later went on to buy their own MFLB after that little outing)

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
....I have used my LB during a movie with one other person with absolutely no problems!
You Lil daredevil!
My most public vape was when I used my MFLB at the zoo sitting on a public bench a week ago!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

I havent done it again since, I rarely use at all outside my home, but I also used it in CP at night, it was pretty cool.

edit: no stem ftw!

Nycdeisel,
My most public vape was in the chemo chair a few weeks ago. I'd been using it in the bathroom at the cancer center, and I didn't think it smelled. However when I took a hit in my chair my girlfriend looked horrified, and said she could smell it. I don't want to cause any problems at my cancer center, so I have avoided it since.

harleyamazon,

elevation

Vitolo said:
elevation said:
.... so if i get a change to buy the whip anywhere next week i'll pick it up. :peace:
MFLB whip

I appreciate the effort, but i am still living at home as i am just a student.
My parents know about my hobby, but i'd rather take the 1 hour trip than confront them with my new tools. :peace:

elevation,

elevation

A brief tip if you have a MFLB and want to take it with you stealthy and small.
Buy some Sennheiser CX-300 headphones, or every other heaphone in the CX line.

They come with a small pouch that goes open when you apply pressure to the sides, and fits the MFLB, the stem and 1 battery perfectly.

cx%20300%20II%202.jpg

elevation,

eddy

Magic Flight Launched
I've found the MFLB incredible for public use. I used it at a concert two days ago (I could've used anything as people were combusting occasionally, including me). I have also used it on the bus and MTA (NYC). Used it once in lecture. Sometimes I use it at home, while my mom is home, and she has smelled it (my mom could be a K9 though). Nevertheless, I had it confiscated once by campus security, because my friend held it in plain view as security turned the corner. Never again.

Be careful but confident. The MFLB is very easy to use in public as most people will be curious at most--no one ever know what it is. In general you only need to fear authorities, so look out for those. Some of you also live in medical states, where you should be good. I'm in NYC, marijuana arrest capitol of the world :)

eddy,

Nycdeisel

Wow, on an MTA bus and train? :o :o :o

That is crazy, I have thought about that quite a bit, but more in a joking manner, way too risky. I see police all the time in the subway.

I am too afraid to take mine to a concert since I would be pissed if something happened to it or I somehow couldnt get it in(thinking about metal and scanners here). but it would be great pleasure to do so as I notice when I go to concerts I like to smoke.... a lot. using my Box at a show would save me so much herb(and hassle in a way, since it would be extremely difficult to get caught using, unlike a smoldering joint)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom