magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stuey said:
I think we can rule out batteries as I am using the same batteries.

But 100% its not the batteries.. otherwise I wouldn't notice any difference when putting old batteries into a new LB.

Hi,

Not sure I understand your last comment: do you mean that you see no difference in performance when using the same Box with different batteries (ie batteries having very different ages and/or usage histories)? The current hypothesis is that each battery undergoes some internal change in the first 10 or so charge cycles. If all of your batteries happen to have had at least that much usage, a null observation would neither confirm or deny that it may be the batteries. Rather, such might indicate that perhaps the unit you have is running too cool.

Earlier on this thread was posted a set of instructions for testing if a given Box is running too cool (they might be posted in the Wikipedia). Basically, the idea is to let the Box heat without drawing on it and check for a color change in the load. If there is no color change after a reasonable time, then it is a warranty issue and you should contact us for support.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

CarltonBanks

So I just got my gym bag out from summer hibernation. In it was one of my old glass pipes, wrapped in an umbrella sheath, and a few assorted clean gym clothes, like a t-shirt and socks. It turns out that the clothing now has a faint but distinct pipe odor to it.

Would the same thing have happened if it had been a well used LB in there instead of an old glass spoon pipe?

CarltonBanks,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
magicflight said:
In regards to your question about making an adjustable Box, we have an adjustment on the desktop power unit that will allow for hotter (or cooler) operation. These will be available soon.

-- Magic-Flight

ooohhh that sounds shuweet, can't wait for these to drop!

DeepFried,

Anthony

Anthony
CarltonBanks said:
So I just got my gym bag out from summer hibernation. In it was one of my old glass pipes, wrapped in an umbrella sheath, and a few assorted clean gym clothes, like a t-shirt and socks. It turns out that the clothing now has a faint but distinct pipe odor to it.

Would the same thing have happened if it had been a well used LB in there instead of an old glass spoon pipe?

no.

Anthony,

george

CarltonBanks said:

Nah...smoking pipes smell a lot worse than a LB ever would.

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
magicflight said:
In regards to your question about making an adjustable Box, we have an adjustment on the desktop power unit that will allow for hotter (or cooler) operation. These will be available soon.

Originally I thought I had no use for an AC adapter, but you're making me reconsider. An adjustment capability would let me use the LB a lot more like a temperature-controlled vaporizer. OTOH, now my LB would be tethered to an outlet, and I already have an Extreme...

Thanks for the comments concerning the break-in theory. It's nice to know that your theory is pretty much the same as I've suspected.

magicflight said:
Earlier on this thread was posted a set of instructions for testing if a given Box is running too cool (they might be posted in the Wikipedia).

The instructions are there but buried a bit. I just fixed that:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...w_can_I_tell_if_my_Box_is_running_too_cool.3F

You sure keep a fella busy ;)

pakalolo,

Walter White

pakalolo said:
Originally I thought I had no use for an AC adapter, but you're making me reconsider. An adjustment capability would let me use the LB a lot more like a temperature-controlled vaporizer. OTOH, now my LB would be tethered to an outlet, and I already have an Extreme...

Thanks for the comments concerning the break-in theory. It's nice to know that your theory is pretty much the same as I've suspected.

I'm waiting for the AC power adapter to become available before I purchase a MFLB. It will probably be used multiple times a day between me and about 4 or 5 of my friends/roommates. Because of this, I'm afraid to drop money on a charger/batteries when I'm sure the batteries will quickly become useless and I'll have to buy more. I'm still kicking myself for not discovering this forum before October 26th but I'm ok to wait a few months for the adapter. I'm assuming that there will eventually be a new package available that just includes the box and the power adapter? That's probably when I'll buy. I'd like to learn to use the box and make my friends use the box with the power adapter and then buy a charger/batteries for times when I really need portability.

Walter White,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Walter White said:
Because of this, I'm afraid to drop money on a charger/batteries when I'm sure the batteries will quickly become useless and I'll have to buy more.

The battery problem is much over-hyped in my estimation.

The stock charger is just fine unless you're a huge consumer and impatient to boot. Even if you are constantly using a 15 minute charger, your batteries will probably last as long as it takes for the adapter to be available on the general (non-FC) market. For the usage you describe, you probably will need six or eight batteries though. Also, batteries are easily available and not that costly.

I think your concerns are misguided, and I'd hate to see you deprive yourself and your friends of the wonderfulness of the LB just because of a misconception.

pakalolo,

caseball2051

Walter White said:
pakalolo said:

I'm waiting for the AC power adapter to become available before I purchase a MFLB. It will probably be used multiple times a day between me and about 4 or 5 of my friends/roommates. Because of this, I'm afraid to drop money on a charger/batteries when I'm sure the batteries will quickly become useless and I'll have to buy more. I'm still kicking myself for not discovering this forum before October 26th but I'm ok to wait a few months for the adapter. I'm assuming that there will eventually be a new package available that just includes the box and the power adapter? That's probably when I'll buy. I'd like to learn to use the box and make my friends use the box with the power adapter and then buy a charger/batteries for times when I really need portability.

I love my LB, but it sounds like a LB is not the ideal choice for your situation. It is a great device, but it seems like a desktop unit will benefit you more. Especially if yall split something liek an extreme, silver surfer or something of that nature.

Just trying to help you the best I can.

caseball2051,

champ3185

i personally would get in now.. your going to want batts and a charger anyhow for portability and you might as well be using the box now and enjoying it as opposed to waiting for the power cable..which could take another couple of months to release

champ

champ3185,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
pakalolo wrote:

I couldn't agree more. When I first got my LB, I ordered two extra batteries. Then, I bought the 15 min. charger which came with 4 more. I've used the 15 min. charger once, in the beginning to see how it worked. Since then, not once. I also feel I have too many batteries. While I do feel that it was a good idea to buy the extra two, that's more than enough. I've only found myself without a charged battery once and that was my own neglect. The stock charger works just fine and I'm still on my original batteries. Granted, I have 8 of them, but use it daily.

And while I also love my LB, I would agree with caseball2051 in that it isn't the best vape to share.

momofthegoons,

Walter White

pakalolo said:
Walter White said:
Because of this, I'm afraid to drop money on a charger/batteries when I'm sure the batteries will quickly become useless and I'll have to buy more.

The stock charger is just fine unless you're a huge consumer and impatient to boot. Even if you are constantly using a 15 minute charger, your batteries will probably last as long as it takes for the adapter to be available on the general (non-FC) market. For the usage you describe, you probably will need six or eight batteries though. Also, batteries are easily available and not that costly.

I think your concerns are misguided, and I'd hate to see you deprive yourself and your friends of the wonderfulness of the LB just because of a misconception.

Is there a consensus on the best batteries/charger available? I've been reading a lot but there are so many choices. I'm sure it will see nearly daily use once my friends try it out. I'm also a little confused on the different products and packages. Is it possible to buy just the MFLB without the stock charger/batteries so that a different charger/batteries can be used?

Walter White,

Walter White

caseball2051 said:
Walter White said:
pakalolo said:

I love my LB, but it sounds like a LB is not the ideal choice for your situation. It is a great device, but it seems like a desktop unit will benefit you more. Especially if yall split something liek an extreme, silver surfer or something of that nature.

Just trying to help you the best I can.

I have thought about this but I absolutely love the look, price, size, simplicity, and good reviews of the MFLB. I'm annoyed because I feel like it would be perfect if I was the sole user but I know my friends will want to use it too. Then again, if it gets broken or builds up too much tar, the warranty will save me. The main problem I see is that the batteries won't be able to handle 5 college student's daily smoking habits. Maybe I'll selfishly sell each of my friends their own battery? lol

Walter White,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Walter White said:
Maybe I'll selfishly sell each of my friends their own battery? lol

I would. ;)

Actually I think your real problem is that it is small and lovable and could easily grow legs in a group setting, if you get my drift.

There is a lot about chargers and batteries at the link in my sig. It's the consensus that the best charger is the Maha C-9000. Maha makes a few other chargers that are less sophisticated (hence cheaper) but are still quite good. A lot of people have the Lacrosse BC-900 and are happy. It's probably the second most popular.

The best batteries, before you ask, are the Maha Powerex 2700 mAh, but they are HSD and need to be recharged after a week or so if not used. (Doesn't sound like that will be your problem.) The batteries shipped with the LB are Maha Imedion 2400 mAh, which are LSD thus hold their charge for much longer. They are the best LSD batteries. For frequent use, I always recommend the Powerex batteries because in my opinion, the difference is noticeable.

Order it, go on, you know you want to...

pakalolo,

Walter White

pakalolo said:
Walter White said:
Maybe I'll selfishly sell each of my friends their own battery? lol

I would. ;)

Actually I think your real problem is that it is small and lovable and could easily grow legs in a group setting, if you get my drift.

There is a lot about chargers and batteries at the link in my sig. It's the consensus that the best charger is the Maha C-9000. Maha makes a few other chargers that are less sophisticated (hence cheaper) but are still quite good. A lot of people have the Lacrosse BC-900 and are happy. It's probably the second most popular.

The best batteries, before you ask, are the Maha Powerex 2700 mAh, but they are HSD and need to be recharged after a week or so if not used. (Doesn't sound like that will be your problem.) The batteries shipped with the LB are Maha Imedion 2400 mAh, which are LSD thus hold their charge for much longer. They are the best LSD batteries. For frequent use, I always recommend the Powerex batteries because in my opinion, the difference is noticeable.

Order it, go on, you know you want to...

Order it with the stock charger/batteries?

Walter White,

lwien

pakalolo said:

If you don't want to use the default settings, the C-9000 is a bit more complicated to use than the LaCrosse chargers. A LOT more button pushing, but it is a great charger. I'd stay far away from the BC-900 though. There's been numerous reports of the charger actually going into melt down mode due to missed terminations. The BC-700 has no such issues.

btw, if you do go with the C-9000, it terminates a bit early so keeping it on trickle charge after the initial charge for about 2 hours will get you a complete charge, which is not the case with the LaCrosse chargers. When they say "Done", they are truly done. ;)

A great place to find out about chargers and batteries is here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9

They are like the FC of the battery/charger world.

lwien,

clayton

I ordered mine from VapeWorld and it came in 2 days flat. I originally was going to order from BlissSVille, but the website seems kind of sketchy. There were barley any pictures of any of the products, it was difficult to navigate through the items and it didn't even have a paypal options. All in all I didn't not feel comfortable ordering from there.

clayton,

george

clayton said:
I ordered mine from VapeWorld and it came in 2 days flat. I originally was going to order from BlissSVille, but the website seems kind of sketchy. There were barley any pictures of any of the products, it was difficult to navigate through the items and it didn't even have a paypal options. All in all I didn't not feel comfortable ordering from there.

:o

haha Blissville is definately reliable, they have the most direct connection with MagicFlight and always have the latest model. Not to mention fast shipping and good service.

Nothing wrong with vapeworld either though..

george,

Desensitzerrr

What is the best form of tobacco to vape out of this? I don't want anything there that would interfere with herb or stain it. I have Black and Mild Wines, Djarum blacks, pipe tobacco, and can buy other stuff. I wanna make sure that there is no reside or left over material from the tobacco.
Edited for clarity

Desensitzerrr,

george

Desensitzerrr said:
What is the best tobacco to smoke out of this? I don't want anything there that would interfere with herb or stain it. I have Black and Mild Wines, Djarum blacks, pipe tobacco, and can buy other stuff.

You shouldn't smoke tobacco out of it. But if you meant vape instead of "smoke", i doubt there's a "best" tobacco for it. They will all probably leave the same amount of smell, i would just experiment and see for yourself which you like best.
I've tried AmericanSpirit rolling tobacco in my LB, it wasnt bad :cool:

george,

tripabl3

Walter White said:
pakalolo said:

I wish I found the forum sooner as well... Just got my MFLB, and would LOVE an AC adapter :(

tripabl3,

B.

War Criminal
clayton said:

I ordered my box from blisssville and their customer service is top notch. they are tight with magic flight, and i cannot recommend them highly enough.

i had no trouble at all making my purchase thru their website.

B.,
Top Bottom