Chronic

It depends on the customs bro, if it gets through customs then its cheaper, if not it ends up being more expensive, the only thing we allow for free is books i think.

I just tried it out & its great, got me real nice, first toke smelled/tasted amazing, if anything its too good at what it does as it heats up really fast!
5 Seconds has my green turning black, so for me its more 3 seconds & start toking/pull the battery out, im not that bothered about the wood being chipped its just a lot of to drop on such a small piece so had to give it a once over when it arrived

The batteries i got seemed to work straight away, but still light up red in the charger so im leaving em in there til later...

I also bought a Maha c900 & 8x2500mah powerx batteries that should arrive soon :brow:

Chronic,

spacelooper

I will try grinding my herb a bit finer, however it has not been a very rough grind at this point. I use a Space Case grinder which does a very nice job. I also flip and shake the box after every hit. I still get black particles. I will try the grind. I am really trying everything I can think of. Did several people have this problem at first and then figured it out? I noticed posts earlier where others seem to have this issue, but never really saw many posts of people figuring out the problems. hope I can though, I really like this little box and would love to use it for portability. It definitely won't replace the SSV for just great overall vaping though. I love my SSV, it just seemed that the MFLB was the best portable option.

spacelooper,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
spacelooper said:
I will try grinding my herb a bit finer, however it has not been a very rough grind at this point. I use a Space Case grinder which does a very nice job. I also flip and shake the box after every hit. I still get black particles. I will try the grind. I am really trying everything I can think of. Did several people have this problem at first and then figured it out? I noticed posts earlier where others seem to have this issue, but never really saw many posts of people figuring out the problems. hope I can though, I really like this little box and would love to use it for portability. It definitely won't replace the SSV for just great overall vaping though. I love my SSV, it just seemed that the MFLB was the best portable option.
Definitely try the finer grind. When you think you've ground it too fine, grind it some more. I think I'm going to end up getting a coffee grinder for mine.

Also, it seems they tend to run a little hot when you first get them. Mine did that too. I remember seeing a lot of black, but after a couple of days of use, about 4-6 times a day, it has cleared up a bit. Of course, it could also be the learning curve. Either way, I say give it some time, it should work itself out whether through finer grind, normalization, mastering the box, or all of the above.

CombustionJunction,

Chronic

Toke as soon as you put the battery in

Your breathe controls how much heat reaches the herb, you gotta gently toke as soon as you put the battery in, as long as you keep a decent amount of air between the bud & the heat then it wont burn.

If you put the battery in then wait to see vape before you toke then it will burn, i've had it a couple hours but the way it works it makes sense that the more air you get between the herb & heat, the less it burns
:peace:

Chronic,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Chronic said:
If you put the battery in then wait to see vape before you toke then it will burn, i've had it a couple hours but the way it works it makes sense that the more air you get between the herb & heat, the less it burns

Actually, it depends on a) how strong/fresh your battery is, and b) whether your Launch Box runs hot. Mine ran hot the first few times I used it (back in March/10), and I combusted twice. Since then, I can easily leave the batteries in until I see vapor.

Tom

tdavie,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Chronic said:
Toke as soon as you put the battery in

Your breathe controls how much heat reaches the herb, you gotta gently toke as soon as you put the battery in, as long as you keep a decent amount of air between the bud & the heat then it wont burn.

I find the opposite, I like to leave the battery in for at least 6 seconds before starting to draw slowly on a broken in box to get the high temp vapors. Yours is burning because it is NOT ground fine enough.

Listen to peoples recommendations and grind that shit up, you want almost table salt consistency, get yourself a cheap coffee grinder. I actually find the cheaper coffee grinders better than expensive ones because they take twice as long to grind giving you better control over the consistency.

DeepFried,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
It is interesting hearing the current problems with the heat and getting black herbs the first couple of times. I am hoping that this is just user fault from herb not being ground fine enough.

But I guess we'll see when I try it in a week.

Also, for the first time using MFLB would it be beneficial to wait 4 seconds or to just start hitting the box because it may run hot the first couple of hits? (sounds like a consensus, or again user error)

Elluzion,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
I've found that drying the bud in a food dehydrator makes the grinding process much easier. I'm trying to get by on a hand grinder, but I may just end up with the coffee grinder soon. the hand one just doesn't seem to get it fine enough.
just got the c9000 charger, so i guess that is the next logical accessory.

and i put the battery in and wait a few counts, then inhale. i don't combust unless i space out for some reason and hold battery in too long. I've had one box replaced on warranty and both the first one and the second one ran hot initially. they do mellow out, but the older, pre-pushback ring one still seems hotter. DH prefers that one even thought he trench is barely hanging on.

MFLB Rules!

herbgirl,

spacelooper

so are you guys not holding the battery in for the entire hit? I pretty much stick my battery in count to maybe 2...then start sucking with the battery in . I pretty much keep the battery in until I get ready to pull away. I pull the battery a couple seconds early and then draw a few extra seconds to get anything left. Total maybe 15-20 second draw. Does that sound in the ballpark?

spacelooper,

OC513

Dabaholic
spacelooper said:
so are you guys not holding the battery in for the entire hit? I pretty much stick my battery in count to maybe 2...then start sucking with the battery in . I pretty much keep the battery in until I get ready to pull away. I pull the battery a couple seconds early and then draw a few extra seconds to get anything left. Total maybe 15-20 second draw. Does that sound in the ballpark?
Thats it.......sounds pretty much exactly what I do and I get big rips from this lil box. I stick the battery in and then stare at the hole until I see vapor swirling towards me........depending on battery freshness it can take anywhere from a second to 5 seconds.

OC513,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Elluzion said:
It is interesting hearing the current problems with the heat and getting black herbs the first couple of times. I am hoping that this is just user fault from herb not being ground fine enough.

But I guess we'll see when I try it in a week.

Also, for the first time using MFLB would it be beneficial to wait 4 seconds or to just start hitting the box because it may run hot the first couple of hits? (sounds like a consensus, or again user error)

There is always going to be a learning curve for any individual who buys a new vape. Sometimes the learning curve will be almost non existent; sometimes it's going to take a bit longer. If a vape is more comlpex, expect a longer learning curve (or if the vape has characteristics that take longer to shake out or settle in).

I really don't think it is user error getting blackened herbs; just part of a learning process. Example; the first time I used the silver surfer, I ended up with very black, slightly combusted material (but boy was I vaked). Since then I can get the herb to any desired degree of 'doneness'. If I want to fall asleep in a hurry, I take some of my ABV and hit it once or twice with the SSV cranked up to the max. Bad taste, but works as wanted.

For a first time MFLB user though, I would start drawing slowly but steadily as soon as you insert the battery. And take it from there; draw slower or faster. Leave the battery in for a bit more. Grind the herbs a bit better, etc.

Tom

tdavie,

spacelooper

Well, I am waiting to see if it is a battery issue. MF are supposed to email me back. At this point it has to be a hardware issue, either batteries or it just runs hot, or runs hot when new etc. Because I have tried every other aspect on my end with no results. The difference with the SSV when you are learning is that when you baked it you either turned the heat down or drew faster etc and you fixed the problem. There is nothing I can do on my end to counteract the problem with the MFLB. The reason that those of us with burning issues are so adamant about it being the device is because those that don't have the issue make it seem like they couldn't burn the herb if they tried. That sort of spectrum is 2 totally different vapes, not user error or learning curve. Crossing my fingers that MF has good news.

spacelooper,

spacelooper

so I was curious also are guys really grinding with a coffee grinder...and is that how fine you are suggesting? That would be more powder like. Is that the general status on grind?

spacelooper,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I think the consensus is that you want a finer grind with the launch box than for almost all other purposes :)
also, i think packing a smaller amount cooks more evenly, i think those are the best 2 pro tips

rabblerouser,

return2heaven

spacelooper said:
so I was curious also are guys really grinding with a coffee grinder...and is that how fine you are suggesting? That would be more powder like. Is that the general status on grind?

imo, the finer the better. i don't have a coffee grinder but i try to get the herbs as close to powder as possible.

return2heaven,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
rabblerouser said:
I think the consensus is that you want a finer grind with the launch box than for almost all other purposes :)
also, i think packing a smaller amount cooks more evenly, i think those are the best 2 pro tips

I agree with the consensus. A fine grind is the best. Personally, I have found that dry kief works great in the Launch Box, all by itself. It has not ruined my screen either. Dry kief is as fine as you can get, and it works wonderfully.

I only fill my trench halfway. I have found that the LB works more efficiently that way.

Vicki,

vapedg13

It might be that a new box or new batteries requires a burn in period ???

after seeing my pictures and asking me a few questions in a email ......they are sending me new batteries.

I guess a supplier sold MF some faulty batteries :peace:

vapedg13,

toadyfatz

I've had mine now for 8 or so months and yes when I first got it I combusted twice. Turned black etc....this went away like most have said and now I wait about 3 to 5 seconds b4 drawing on it depending on the battery strength etc....I also tried three different hand grinders at first only to finally get a coffee grinder and I haven't looked back. Here is another vote for a table salt fine grind. I could not imagine life without my LB:)

toadyfatz,

spacelooper

yeah.. at this point I am not wasting any more herb til this is figured out by MF. I have done probably 10-15 bowls and every single one has had burnt parts..not matter what I try... there is no way for me to not get burnt herb. Actually I have not seen what I would consider a good bowl out of this thing yet. Good thing I have a SSV. I need it after dicking with this for so long. I really hope that I have a dud or some dank batteries or something...

spacelooper,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
spacelooper said:
yeah.. at this point I am not wasting any more herb til this is figured out by MF. I have done probably 10-15 bowls and every single one has had burnt parts..not matter what I try... there is no way for me to not get burnt herb. Actually I have not seen what I would consider a good bowl out of this thing yet. Good thing I have a SSV. I need it after dicking with this for so long. I really hope that I have a dud or some dank batteries or something...

It would be good if you could post a picture of your burnt load and then maybe someone might have a suggestion that you have not tried yet.

DeepFried,

jasho

sundaddy said:
I feel you bro. Here's what worked for me. Bought the Duracell 15 min charger that comes with 4 batteries, works great, batteries peeled effortlessly with no residue. Then I bought some Energizers to go in the charger, peeled easily but they sucked. Finally found Energizers that work great, but the packaging was different than the others. The pack has a bunny on the front, bottom right corner, it also has a 4x in pink on the left side, and says NEW and NOUVEAU on the top right. These were a bitch to peel and had all kinds of adhesive I had to use GooGone on, but they work great. Also, buy them from a store that has good turn around (WallyWorld) you don't want some that's set on a drug store shelf for the last 5 years. Good Luck
Thanks for the help. I decided to bite the bullet and get an POWEREX MH-C9000 Charger - Analyzer and 2700 batteries. I'll report back on my success with these.

jasho,

Rash

Is there anyone that has a two piece space case grinder? Do they grind the herb small enough? Also, does the black (titanium coated) space case grinders work better than the normal aluminum ones?

Rash,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Oops! :uhoh:

So I had to shut down my browser, and that logged me out of Vaporpedia, and now it says the password I thought I used is not valid, and it says I didn't provide an email address to recover the password although I was sure I had...

That's a long way of saying that the updating of the Vaporpedia entry for the Magic-Flight Launch Box might take a little longer than I originally anticipated. :(

pakalolo,

hanfhead

is high
Rash said:
Is there anyone that has a two piece space case grinder? Do they grind the herb small enough? Also, does the black (titanium coated) space case grinders work better than the normal aluminum ones?

I have the two piece Ti spacecase. I would say that for the most part it grinds fine enough, however there are times when the herb is too fresh and sticky that it doesn't get all the way ground. Sometimes I grind up a pile at night for the next day and regrind it in the morning and it comes out perfect.

hanfhead,

rgdfilms

I just got my Magic Flight a few days ago. I love the thing. The two batteries that I got with it work really well. I ordered an 8 pack of the Eneloops. I received them today and peeled a label off of one. I used tape to get the gunk off. I put it into the MB and the light DID NOT come on. I put the peeled new battery on the supplied MB charger and waited. After charging, the battery DID work but it had a really loose connection. if I turned the battery a bit, the light would get brighter and I assume hotter, if I turned it a little that way, the unit would shut off. Really disappointing. Also, I don't have time to really search through 209 pages of a forum to find out if other people have had this issue. What to do. Order some 2700s? Are they going to have the same problem? Magic Flight says they use Eneloops, yet I noticed that the nipples were different between the ones I bought off Amazon and the ones shipped with my MB.

rgdfilms,
Top Bottom