GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Nice! That was my setup exactly but put a Launch Box, or an E-Nano in place of that pen.

Thanks man. I've never actually used my MFLB through the Orbiter as I'm not a fan of the silicone tubing but I have used a Woodscents log vape with it.

You are right to call out the size of the Orbiter as well, it is smaller than one thinks. That's what I love about it, fits in the palm of my hand.

I recently got into mason jars as bubblers due to breaking my Orbiter.

I've been considering a Mason Jar bubbler. All I would need is to get the down stem.

Sorry to hear about your Orbiter, if I broke mine I'd immediately replace it. I have other glass but I use my Orbiter 95% of the time. It just suits my use case.

How would you make a mason jar as a bubbler?

j0vmJ.jpg

"I present to thee, my DIY Mason Jar Oil Rig!"

Basically, buy:

junny89

Thanks man. I've never actually used my MFLB through the Orbiter as I'm not a fan of the silicone tubing but I have used a Woodscents log vape with it.

You are right to call out the size of the Orbiter as well, it is smaller than one thinks. That's what I love about it, fits in the palm of my hand.

I've been considering a Mason Jar bubbler. All I would need is to get the down stem.

Sorry to hear about your Orbiter, if I broke mine I'd immediately replace it. I have other glass but I use my Orbiter 95% of the time. It just suits my use case.

j0vmJ.jpg

"I present to thee, my DIY Mason Jar Oil Rig!"

Basically, buy:

Oh haha that looks well cool! Awesome idea! Question is how does it perform?!

I want a orbiter right now! Usually I buy everything in one go, as I got everything direct from MF. Not sure why this time I left it out of the cart:cry:

junny89,
Reactions: vapirtoo

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Go Mcguyver! Fabulous DIY

That's not my setup BTW, I was just posting it as an example.

I'd be wanting something similar but I want to use a low height Ball jar, maybe a wide mouth 16oz.

Question is how does it perform?!

I'll let ya know when I've made mine.

I want a orbiter right now! Usually I buy everything in one go, as I got everything direct from MF. Not sure why this time I left it out of the cart:cry:

Did I mention how much I love my Orbiter. If it were me I'd order one right away. I know there are cheaper options like Sneaky's but I think the Orbiter is worth every penny.

junny89

That's not my setup BTW, I was just posting it as an example.

I'd be wanting something similar but I want to use a low height Ball jar, maybe a wide mouth 16oz.

I'll let ya know when I've made mine.

Did I mention how much I love my Orbiter. If it were me I'd order one right away. I know there are cheaper options like Sneaky's but I think the Orbiter is worth every penny.

Ohhh haha I thought it was yours! My bad!
I kno I am going to get it maybe next payday let's see. Just the one I want is mor exp as its walnut version to match.
I could see my self using it everyday also since its so small and just awesome.

What is the drip tip mouth piece called that's really long in you're pic @GreenHopper? Looks awesome and I want one! I know sneaky pete has one similar

junny89,
Reactions: AtomicPB

OF

Any ideas?

Yes, be sure your batteries are the approved ones, are in good shape and freshly charged. Be ready to swap them out.

You herb should be well cured (dry, to very dry) an ground fine. Fill no more than 'to the rails'. Engage the battery but don't hit it until you see vapor condensing on the inside of the cover, then GENTLY SIP that vapor away. And 'shake, shake, shake' between hits (not during).

MFLB as a pathetic amount of power available compared to most vapes to start with, and almost half of that ends up heating the battery itself, and other things than the load. It is strictly conduction, only that part that actually is in firm contact with the trench bottom and side walls can make vapor. Mixing it during heating will prevent any vapor. Likewise drawing a lot of cold air will cool it off and maybe even blow the load around. Sip, don't hit.

Be sure your goods are dry, moisture in the weed robs what little heat is available before it can make vapor. And that moisture will condense against the wood, under the trench where you can't get it and really gum up the woks. The box 'lasts forever' kept dry, not so if you dump damp herb in and use up your batteries trying to dry it out.

Experiment with it, watch for the vapor to form, put the fancy WT away until you can make vapor reliably (one set of problems at a time), keep it dry and fine ground, batteries freshly charged.

Maybe even look up some of the excellent videos around?

It's a champ, witness this thread length, but you have to learn to control it......strictly manual you know. No temperature sensors or Bluetooth.

Regards to all as this most important Holiday draws to a close.

OF

junny89

Yes, be sure your batteries are the approved ones, are in good shape and freshly charged. Be ready to swap them out.

You herb should be well cured (dry, to very dry) an ground fine. Fill no more than 'to the rails'. Engage the battery but don't hit it until you see vapor condensing on the inside of the cover, then GENTLY SIP that vapor away. And 'shake, shake, shake' between hits (not during).

MFLB as a pathetic amount of power available compared to most vapes to start with, and almost half of that ends up heating the battery itself, and other things than the load. It is strictly conduction, only that part that actually is in firm contact with the trench bottom and side walls can make vapor. Mixing it during heating will prevent any vapor. Likewise drawing a lot of cold air will cool it off and maybe even blow the load around. Sip, don't hit.

Be sure your goods are dry, moisture in the weed robs what little heat is available before it can make vapor. And that moisture will condense against the wood, under the trench where you can't get it and really gum up the woks. The box 'lasts forever' kept dry, not so if you dump damp herb in and use up your batteries trying to dry it out.

Experiment with it, watch for the vapor to form, put the fancy WT away until you can make vapor reliably (one set of problems at a time), keep it dry and fine ground, batteries freshly charged.

Maybe even look up some of the excellent videos around?

It's a champ, witness this thread length, but you have to learn to control it......strictly manual you know. No temperature sensors or Bluetooth.

Regards to all as this most important Holiday draws to a close.

OF

Hey buddy, thanks for that!
I know how to use the LB through the standard glass stem, I've mastered that technique completely. I ran in to a few issues few months back but as you have said it's the damp bud.
Tried again and dried it out first and was perfect.
I'll try the water tool again and see, as you have mentioned good techniques there so will try it again.

You are right about the batteries warming up alot, I ran in to that issue yesterday lol

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hey buddy, thanks for that!
I know how to use the LB through the standard glass stem, I've mastered that technique completely. I ran in to a few issues few months back but as you have said it's the damp bud.
Tried again and dried it out first and was perfect.
I'll try the water tool again and see, as you have mentioned good techniques there so will try it again.

You are right about the batteries warming up alot, I ran in to that issue yesterday lol

After I mastered using my MFLB with the stem, and then natively (I prefer native to using the stem, because my lips temp-sensing ability is so much better than I could ever do visualy by looking at the stem or the MFLB window), when I first tried using it with a hose and glass it was a pain in the ass, because I had to relearn how to use the box. It's all visual, and all I find useful is to watch the window on the MFLB, and take a tiny a bit of vapor has built behind the window. So it's still sip...sip...sip...sip...sip, which is very different than the way you are used to using glass with a vaporizer.

Watch how this guy sips it. Watch the bubbles:

Last edited:

Sparkpug

I'm terrible at using my Box native or with just the stem. I would love to be able to do some of the techniques, like the mflbninja, but my lungs are small and don't have a normal capacity due to my bone disease. Anyway, adding water made it nearly effortless to control via watching how the bubbles in the Orbiter were moving and visually watching my vapor form. I can get monster rips off the Launch Box (with a power adapter) and water. My issue is that due to poor breathing control already I am combusting constantly. That's why I like the E-Nano but reading this thread made me pull my old Box out. I really miss the little MFLB ritual I had...

To make my mason jar bubbler I got a pint sized wide-mouthed Ball jar and drilled holes into it and slid some stuff from Mike@OGB inside (a 3" downstem works for a pint.) It's not that great cause the stock lid is too thin and it warped but the setup itself works rather well. The next one had a better quality steel top, with twin 20mm holes made with a Greenlee knockout. I used silicone hookah fittings in the holes to seal for air-tightening for one 18mm to 14mm down stem and an 18 to 14 adapter in the other with a small 10mm hole on the side of the lid somewhere for a built-in carb cap. If I didn't have either my bone disease or pain I'd be more interested in making these sorts of lids. The knockout requires a lot more force on a thicker steel lid, wish I had pneumatic ones.

I found "pre-built" styles of these on the market and ended up buying and trying them. I really like the setup on the dealiebuddy @ domoredealie.com -It's a standard mouth plexiglass lid with 2 hole cutouts and high quality Grainger rubber washers for sealing on a jar with a mug style handle I like, but I hate the decals on the jar especially. Wish they'd just sell the completed lid. I did put my own down stem in it and don't use the glass straw mouthpiece it came with. Instead I put an 18mm to 14mm adapter in there and use a glass vapor fitting with tubing over it connected to the Sneaky Pete mouthpiece but I will replace it with a custom length mouthpiece from OGB soon enough.

mplx

Question, i know this is not the "cheap glass-thread" but it is somewhat flightbox related. I might buy a new desktopvape in the future but for now i`ll stay with the flightbox. It still works and maybe because i`m Dutch and i don`t like spending money on replacing a still good functioning device:lol:

Anyway, i use my flightbox with a PA as a desktopvape and inhale trough a cheap D020 bubbler. Works fine, awesome bubbler for the price. Now i want to buy a new piece of (china)glass and i came across these recyclers or vortex-recyclers.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/8-7-inch-glass-recycler-amazing-vortex-recycler/216222776.html

My question; will this work for vaping flowers with a flightbox? The FB isn`t exactly a cloudcannon and with the D020, sipping very slowly till the glass is full with cloudy vapor works the best. These recyclers seem to be made for fast, hard dab-hits. Not the "take your time, wait till you can see clouds in the glass hits" that i get with FB.

I still like my current bubbler but i want a new piece of glass and not every bong or bubbler works great with a FB. My first one was way too big and it took too long to get it filled with clouds. Second one was too smal and the size of de D020 is just right.

howie105

For me the more water movement and volume I have to deal with in a MFLB glass piece the more attention I have to pay to the process. On the other hand small volume pieces with less diffusion are easier to deal with. I found that the Orbiter http://sales.magic-flight.com/original-maple-orbiter-1/ is about right for me while the D020-D is a bit large. May I suggest a Bottle Rocket http://sales.magic-flight.com/bottle-rocket/ type setup (DIY is great) to find the volume you like then look at the amount of diffusion you want or need. IMO recyclers In general seem to work better on wider open vapes but thats just one opinion. Good Luck

Top Bottom