The Lotus Vaporizer

Hagbard

its a fidget toy guys.. underneath the wood are some magnets and you can flip the metal balls on the board. its handmade by a good friend of mine. fidgets give me so much relaxation, helps with my anxieties and nervousity. they are considered medication as well for me ;)

Texus

It can make decent hits, comes in ballvape territory almost from what I have seen.
As someone with both, I don't find that the Lotus comes close to ball vape territory. Lotus is lovely, but the way a ball vape hits is just on another level. There is just something about the extraction that the heat stored in those balls...

But I'd say that a Lotus is probably the heaviest hitter of any butane vape I've tried that isnt a direct air intake deisgn (like a Sticky Brick) or the Anvil.

Electrofever

I’ve been using my lotus for a few months now, I think I’ve dialed in my technique, even though I am still learning and sometimes I can get close to combustion. I think it mainly comes from the flame’s length and the way I inhale. Since a little while, I noticed some charring on the top of the lotus, more or less all around the metal part. Am I doing something wrong or does that happen usually ? I doesn’t taste of burnt or anything, but I was wondering 🤔
Happy Vap and happy New Year to everyone :rockon:

cannasoor

I’ve been using my lotus for a few months now, I think I’ve dialed in my technique, even though I am still learning and sometimes I can get close to combustion. I think it mainly comes from the flame’s length and the way I inhale. Since a little while, I noticed some charring on the top of the lotus, more or less all around the metal part. Am I doing something wrong or does that happen usually ? I doesn’t taste of burnt or anything, but I was wondering 🤔
Happy Vap and happy New Year to everyone :rockon:

Yeah, I have a little of that charring, too. I've had my Lotus (saucer & long, black stem) for about 4-5 years. Most of the "charring" occurred as I got used to it, I imagine … but then maybe that's just what I tell myself :). I try to think of it like seasoning a pan (coping, coping, …).

Mine's just a little charred ring, somewhat irregular, right around the black ring that's outside the silver lotus heating plate.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

When I get things just right, the first hit on the Lotus can be a "peak experience" (à la Abraham Maslow), especially with the right strain (I'm looking at you, Blackberry Pie from Shango! (among several others)). Must also have been the Lotus when I had a satori/eureka moment about the flavor of Ghost Train Haze; took me a couple of years to figure out that it was only the version grown by Phresh up in Forest Grove that had that characteristic flavor. Specifically: cedar and menthol, versus the pine and lemon reported by most with GHT.) It was several years ago, and I still remember exactly where I was standing and looking, etc., when I took that hit.

I have a bit of charring on my new (about a month old) Kotibé Vapman as well, where the mica would be if it were "classic". (But I've finally learned to hold it flat, upside down, while heating.)

Edit: Oh, and Happy New Year to you, too!

Electrofever

Thank you for your answer ! And I am glad hearing you recall such precise experience you had regarding taste and specific strains.
The charring I get seems to be the same as you describe, so I will go on supposing my technique isn’t too bad :)
And yes, the lotus is really a nice experience, I am very glad it came back to life !

cannasoor

Thank you for your answer ! And I am glad hearing you recall such precise experience you had regarding taste and specific strains.
The charring I get seems to be the same as you describe, so I will go on supposing my technique isn’t too bad :)
And yes, the lotus is really a nice experience, I am very glad it came back to life !

Well, I don't have too many experiences that are as specific as that one with the GTH, but I have quite a few strain-specific or strain-family-related memories of just sublime flavor. As another example, I wish I could find again some Emerald Jack: I've had it from 2-3 growers here in Oregon, and while one in particular stood out, all were just stellar, every time. It derives from Jack Herer (another fave of mine, very popular) and Emerald, which I went out of my way to sample, even though I could only find it as a pre-roll. Anyway: pine from the Jack side, plus … something … was it what the Emerald tasted like? Was it something licorice-y like Where's My Bike or (I hear) Jaeger? Sort of a woodsy-but-not-woody/mossy/savory?/herbal? flavor. But synaesthetically more blue-green than Jack's sort of slightly-yellower-than-Kelly-green (if that makes any sense—I may be a bit elevated :p …). Within the Jack family, I naturally (I suppose) “visualize” the more lemon-y ones as yellower, the more lime-y as greener, etc.

These flavor things are so subjective, so suggestible … and I know it sounds looney when I try to verbalize it all like this, but it's very difficult to convey these experiences in any way that doesn't. Very personal, sensory, shifty/shifting? I only have some faith in them as not-totally-subjective because I can recognize and distinguish even some close strains in a repeatable way. For example, the other day I mixed up two stems holding very different strains, but I knew right away that something was up when I hit the first one and didn't get what I expected, like red-alert-level “Hunh?”. (This was on my E-Nano, not the Lotus.) I also sometimes have “revelations”, where I suddenly understand a flavor in a new way, even though it hasn't itself changed. (And neither has my sort of primary sensory experience of it, but rather a kind of interpretation that nevertheless affects the experience, through feedback, sometimes in a “burst”-y way.)

Point is, the Lotus has been a crucial tool (companion??) in my road to experiencing flavor sublimity. Those “peak experience” first hits can be strong, clear, multi-faceted, gob-smacking wonders, where you pick up all the notes both separately and harmonizing together, all at the same time, paradoxically. Like a heavenly choir with fanfare trumpets against a “Jerusalem sky”… .

Well, OK, I have clearly sunk off into the deep end, and this discussion obviously belongs elsewhere, if anywhere.
Oops! :ko: :mental::leaf::myday::shrug::rofl:

I am off to hit a newly-loaded Lotus with Phresh GTH! Enjoy your evening!

Electrofever

Thank you for your post, really elevating. Kind of poetry ;) I guess talking about strain taste has something subjective, but I do think there is some kind of reality underneath, terpenes etc… but putting words on all that remains not very easy, and you just managed that really well ;)

StellarLarve

So… I am quite ready to succumb to VAS curiosity and order a Lotus to complement by beloved Vapman.

Just to be sure, the purchase of the WPA is quite mandatory right? Does the cap alone work only on the original stem, that isn’t sold anymore, or with any bowl with the right diameter?

So a basic starter kit is: Cap + WPA + J-hook?

Edit: another question, do I need the concentrate pad? I quite like traditional hash in the Vapman. Does a bed of flower with a few hash sprinkles ion top works well in the Lotus?

I am fucked… I have not even purchased the Lotus yet, and I am already thinking about glass and buying a nice little bong/bubbler…

Do you have any recommendations for a good Lotus glass companion? I have not used bongs in a couple decades, and I have zero idea what makes a good vape glass. Aesthetically, I definitely lean on the scientific side, I quite like the look of the Mobius sidecar, the Grav mini-beaker, Coffee Mug… Or even a nice straight tube.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star
Do you have any recommendations for a good Lotus glass companion?

Ehle bent cyl. 250ml with kickhole is my favourite for the lotus... (Or smth. similar).
the Lotus is great through a waterpiece, i love it. Produces smooth vapor i never have to cough....
I like the straight forward design, robusticity here... and of course a little bong (with kickhole) combined with lotus is fun and convenient.

Last edited:

StellarLarve

I know Ehle has a very good reputation, and the bent form makes a lot of sense… It is tempting, but I absolutely can not stand big obnoxious branding on objects. :shrug:

Thanks for the advice, I’ll keep it in mind!

rizlafreak

two dog star
More universal would be ehle power tower (or the special edition) and similar ehle waterfilters. but power tower is most recommended (edit: and i own the special edition myself. great piece of glass, i bought it a bit cheaper on sales).
Lacks the kickhole though...

Last edited:

coolbreeze

So… I am quite ready to succumb to VAS curiosity and order a Lotus to complement by beloved Vapman.

Just to be sure, the purchase of the WPA is quite mandatory right? Does the cap alone work only on the original stem, that isn’t sold anymore, or with any bowl with the right diameter?
Mandatory! It's excellent, accept no substitutes.
Yes. Although everything is currently listed by parts, yes.
Edit: another question, do I need the concentrate pad? I quite like traditional hash in the Vapman. Does a bed of flower with a few hash sprinkles ion top works well in the Lotus?
Probably no pad necessary for traditional hash. I think people love hash or hash salads in their Lotuses.
I am fucked… I have not even purchased the Lotus yet, and I am already thinking about glass and buying a nice little bong/bubbler…
Lol.
Do you have any recommendations for a good Lotus glass companion? I have not used bongs in a couple decades, and I have zero idea what makes a good vape glass. Aesthetically, I definitely lean on the scientific side, I quite like the look of the Mobius sidecar, the Grav mini-beaker, Coffee Mug… Or even a nice straight tube.
A small bubbler with a very simple perc and some kind of sherlock-like config would be best. A small tube with a 45 degree intake is nice too.

One of the issues is that the heat bouncing off the plate will force your torch to shut down as overheated unless you can hold the cap at an angle rather than horizontally. With a handheld rig you can adjust the angle easily, with a stationary piece the angled downstem is helpful.

EDIT: @StellarLarve, something like this Texas hot Glass Sherlock Shredder would be good: small volume and simple perc for flavor preservation; small and lightweight enough to use hand-held; Standard downstem joint rather than dewer joint so the stirrer clears; enough room between the downstem and can for the Louts cap to clear; mouthpiece above and back from the cap for a clear sight-path at a good distance.
IMG-6771.jpg

Last edited:

zer0k00l

A j hook is my favorite accessory, and a must have for learning technique imo.

morfraen

This cheap stainless pipetool should be handy link
or this medical grade stainless double scoop/ nail tool link

I ordered them both.

Just got a version of the pipe tool, it's pretty good for loading. I have a small metal flask funnel I use for the Lotus but it's not great. Have to tap and push material through.

morfraen,

Zak McKracken

Sorry but I couldn't find it earlier in the thread.What kind/size mesh screens are you guys using?

My new Lotus came with an extra heating plate.I assume I can replace my old lotus plate?(I think the old one had some extra plates inside?Or maybe Im wrong...)

Zak McKracken,

Vapinski

IMG-0159.jpg
Impressions after 90 days with first Lotus set up:

Number one butane vape for me, hands down! The on-demand ritual that emulates smoking out of a piece and the ability to fluctuate vapor intake are my two second favorite things about it. My favorite thing is its sheer beauty…

It took a bit of time to get the technique down with rare combustion (which is not nearly as gross as say a Dynavap) but am now at the point where it’s perfect almost every time and easy to choose whether to take a nice toke or smash a whole bowl to the face. Can’t believe it took until the revamp to discover this wonder of a vape but am glad that I did, and the purpleheart edition was the nail in the coffin after scoping it out for months.

Ps. The piece is aptly named Littlefoot!

Last edited:

Electrofever

IMG-0159.jpg
Impressions after 90 days with first Lotus set up:

Number one butane vape for me, hands down! The on-demand ritual that emulates smoking out of a piece and the ability to fluctuate vapor intake are my two second favorite things about it. My favorite thing is its sheer beauty…

It took a bit of time to get the technique down with rare combustion (which is not nearly as gross as say a Dynavap) but am now at the point where it’s perfect almost every time and easy to choose whether to take a nice toke or smash a whole bowl to the face. Can’t believe it took until the revamp to discover this wonder of a vape but am glad that I did, and the purpleheart edition was the nail in the coffin after scoping it out for months.

Ps. The piece is aptly named Littlefoot!
I totally agree with your description of this little marvel :) it takes a little while to master the technique, but once you are there, as you say, you can choose how to go through your bowl, gently or more aggressively, all that mostly depending on how you inhale.
And your setup is very nice ! Enjoy :)

Top Bottom