The Lotus Vaporizer

BestBuds

The Dude
I had some biscotti flower that was really delicious, so I cracked out the Lotus tonight... I just cant wrap my head around how good it is. It brings out the creaminess in those kind of strains and it is just such a unique flavor signature. I just had to show my appreciation for what is, in my opinion, one of the top butane vapes ever. :peace:

Sneech

Hey all, since the Lotus was discontinued and I was unable to purchase another cap for it before the store closed down, my Lotus is on its last leg. :(
The Lotus has been my daily drive for over 7 years. I use it with the WPA and a glass J-hook. I also own a Pax 3, a couple M type vapcaps, and a desktop Extreme Q. None of those have ever come close to the control, flavor, and vapor production I get out of the Lotus.

I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a suitable replacement for my failing Lotus that can become my daily driver?
Thank you guys so much. RIP Lotus.

Sneech,

cptofnthng

Sneech, apparently you can still buy replacement hot plates, so maybe youre good.
Otherwise there is no vape really close i think.
But you can still find a lot of them here and in entexchange.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: Sneech

Spleeeno

Horsin around
maybe check out the vapman? also butane powered, also mostly metal and wood, different heating ritual though, and smaller bowls but still pretty tasty

edit: and they might be coming out with a new mouthpiece (that blocks some of the airports by default, so you dont need to hold them close) soon, which would allow thicker hits, closer to the level of the lotus.

Last edited:

Sneech

Sneech, apparently you can still buy replacement hot plates, so maybe youre good.
Otherwise there is no vape really close i think.
But you can still find a lot of them here and in entexchange.
Thanks so much for the quick reply guys. Where did you see the replacement hot plates available at? I did a search around and couldn't fine anything that wasn't sketchy looking.

Also I haven't really been keeping up with the portable and desktop vape market since I got my OG Lotus, has there been any new knockout innovations or new products in the last few years that have become a must own?

@ Spleeeno Thanks! I'll take a look into the vapman!

Sneech,

davap84

Thanks so much for the quick reply guys. Where did you see the replacement hot plates available at? I did a search around and couldn't fine anything that wasn't sketchy looking.

Also I haven't really been keeping up with the portable and desktop vape market since I got my OG Lotus, has there been any new knockout innovations or new products in the last few years that have become a must own?

@ Spleeeno Thanks! I'll take a look into the vapman!
On ebay.
But it's out of stock now.
The seller is "leveng100"

The Lotus has no equivalent.
Easy to use, micro dose, flavorfull, real on demand. The Keeper.

Last edited:
davap84,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I got a lotus. I'm preheating in the center for 4 seconds before slowly moving in circles. My flame is the length between 2 petals. I am not getting any vapor. Any tips?

VapePerson,
Reactions: ataxian

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
I got a lotus. I'm preheating in the center for 4 seconds before slowly moving in circles. My flame is the length between 2 petals. I am not getting any vapor. Any tips?
I find that the bowl needs to be about half full or more for full effect.

BT Bean,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I find that the bowl needs to be about half full or more for full effect.
The bowl is full. I checked that it was assembled properly but IDK if it's right:
1. very thin metal thing
2. spacer ring
3. heat ring
4. lotus top

I made sure that the screws went into the screwholes. I made SURE everything was aligned properly. The screws are put in gently. I am getting NO vapor. The herb is NOT being heated. This torch is the one troy uses for his dynavap and is tremendous. The plate is heated until it's glowing red hot. I have tried playing with my draw speed. Where the hell is the heat going?

VapePerson,

darkstar72

Definitely don't fill the bowl. Less is more. What is the Lotus cap attached to? Is it the aluminum pipe or the stainless steel wpa? I think that was all that was sold by the Lotus maker.

Preheat, move in circles, draw slow, while inhaling slowly continue to heat in circles and just change the distance of the flame for more or less heat. It has the best flavor. Runs hot on my throat through the aluminum pipe. I have not used mine in about a year, but this week I just received an EpicVape / Enano's 14mm adjustable GonG. I tested the fit and it sits nicely under the Lotus cap. Will be trying out the Lotus cap again but through a j-hook (possibly with a little water and some borosilicate balls for diffusion / cooling / humidity).

https://epicvape.com/product-category/glass-adapters/ for a compatible wpa for the Lotus cap.

darkstar72,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Preheat, move in circles, draw slow, while inhaling slowly continue to heat in circles and just change the distance of the flame for more or less heat. It has the best flavor. Runs hot on my throat through the aluminum pipe. I have not used mine in about a year, but this week I just received EpicVape / Enano's 14mm adjustable GonG. I tested the fit and it sits nicely under the Lotus cap. Will be trying out the Lotus again but through a j-hook (possibly with a little water and some borosilicate balls for diffusion / cooling / humidity).

https://epicvape.com/product-category/glass-adapters/ for a compatible wpa for the Lotus cap.
Please read my comment, thank you. I am preheating for 4 seconds.
I have tried playing with my draw speed--I tried until I could barely draw slower, slightly faster, faster, etc. I am heating in circles I watched troy's butane lineup video and vapelife's video. I cannot feel it in my throat.

VapePerson,

darkstar72

Huh, weird. Try it with no herb or very little, you should feel some hot dry air. Does the inside of the cap sit flush on something (aluminum pipe or wpa)?

darkstar72,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Huh, weird. Try it with no herb or very little, you should feel some hot dry air. Does the inside of the cap sit flush on something (aluminum pipe or wpa)?
Yes it sits flush. It doesn't seem like the air is getting hot. I can get air in when drawing with the cap on, and I can get air with the cap off, I can get air blowing thorough the cap.

VapePerson,

darkstar72

Not sure. Does the Lotus cap sit on the pipe or wpa? And is the diameter of what it sits on the same or slightly less than the diameter of the large hole on the bottom side of the cap? The fit should be tight or almost air tight on what it fits over.

darkstar72,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
The cap should have six little holes in the wood for air intake. The air passes on the under side of the metal plate to warm up and then comes down the large center hole. Do the little holes look clogged?
I actually used a flashlight while assembling it. Clear as day.

VapePerson,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Question: should the total flame be the total
Not sure how the Lotus is put together. You may need to read this thread. The metal (nickle) sheet that gets heated may have a crack in it.
It's a new sheet.

How long should the flame length be? Should the INNER blue flame be the distance between the two petals, or the combo of the two? I've tried both and neither works. If it makes any difference, this was feralcomprehension's lotus and he was apparently WAY overheating it but I think I'm starting to see why. This just doesn't work. I have spent 2 hours trying different things and I have yet to get a single fucking puff.

VapePerson,

darkstar72

Yes, the blue part. About a medium size flame. And from memory, the end of the yellow flame should almost touch the metal plate as you make tiny circles.

darkstar72,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Yes. And from memory, the end of the yellow flame should almost touch the metal plate.
"Should it be A or B"
Your response: "Yes."
That's not one of the options. I do not know which you mean.

"Yellow flame"
I am using a torch lighter. There is no yellow flame.

VapePerson,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
turn your lights down. Don't worry about 4 seconds, preheat till you see a little spot/dot on the cap
Yeah I'm slowly getting the hang of it, the amount of flame size needed is shocking. I can confirm what the owner said: it does heat too much to one side. TYVM for the glow tip.
My issues were caused by vaporizing excessively indoors with improper ventilation.

All headaches ceased as soon as I started using my lotus vaporizer outside or with a fan running in the room. As far as I can tell, my issue was caused by the inhalation of unspent butane.
Hey how's it going lol love your stuff: just gonna confirm this.

Last edited:
VapePerson,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I would check the order of assembly and also if the screws are snug.
From the bottom up:
Wood frame
Diffuser (metal plate with multiple holes, formed ‘hill’ facing up) (actually two plates folded together)
Spacer ring
Hot plate ( dimple down)
Lotus ring

Wood frame should have a ring with patent number bonded to the bottom
You shouldn’t need more than a small red hot spot on the plate.

Top Bottom