The Lotus Vaporizer

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Ok, thanks for the info.

Last question, what thickness do I need?
Well i think lotus plate consists of few layers plate. If i have to guess about 3 or 4 and each is 0.1mm thick. cannot really tell for sure ,as mine broke years ago and threw it away.
I am wrong. The heating plate itself is only one layer of 0.1 or 0.15 mm Nickel but you have the plate holder above it,which is like 0.2-0.3 mm and two more elemets under the plate each 0.1 mm

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

VanCough

Environmentalist
Aren't the diffuser and plate holder ring reusable though?

My lotus hasn't arrived yet, but it's not coming with any spare heat transfer plates so I'm trying to source a solution in advance. I've contacted the owner of lotus on here, and he has sold some on eBay in the last 6 months so I've messaged him on there too.

coolbreeze

Sunday morning wake-n-bake with the Lotus on Wicked Sands inline recliner, a real flavor machine:
IMG-0543.jpg

IMG-0540.jpg

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze is that female WPA?! first time I'm seeing this outside the store! that's a cool piece
It is! I learned about the demise of Lotus a few months late and I went searching and wanted a set with a wpa, but at first all I could find was a female in a store in Germany, so I snatched it. I eventually found a male, too, somewhere else. Anyhow, I got the WS rig largely because I liked its look and justified it on that Lotus female WPA, my only female piece! As it turns out, though, it's also perfect for little torch vapes like a DLX One or Piro that can use a 14/18 adapter with basket screen as a bowl. It's a great piece, and that adapter made it all...justifiable?

coolbreeze,
Reactions: GoldenBud

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Sometimes after years of using... and cleaning... ok, being a little bit aggressive with the screwdriver.. but luckily me, i kept my old laptop's screws
works 100% like new..
Lotus-Re-Cap.jpg

@coolbreeze is that female WPA?! first time I'm seeing this outside the store! that's a cool piece
Damn @GoldenBud, you got some mileage on that ol' girl. Impressive :wave:

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
The black pipe--it's aluminum, but do we know what the coating is? I'm assuming it's anodized. I ask because I got some paper stuck in my lotus when cleaning and I scratched the crap out of the inside getting it out. :lol:

VapePerson,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
shameless...
With red-hot TI plate which also is great conductor and you can see he is also smoking the wood on his knockoff .... Clearly someone hasnt done homework. Instantly makes me question the safety of all of his creations.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: coolbreeze
I've had my Lotus for a year or two now, and it seems draw resistance through the cap is going up. Anyone else experience this? It doesn't look dirty, so not sure what else might be causing reduced airflow.

flyingmonkeystick,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
is the screen in the mp/wpa clean? I replaced my stock screen in the wpa with a finer one lotus also sold a while ago and if you do a fair amount of hits and stirring it gunks up so damn fast, unless you blow out your abv religiously

Spleeeno,
Yes. The screen on the wpa is freshly cleaned and if I remove the cap there's basically no draw resistance through the Jhook. When I put the cap on even with no herb in the bowl, the resistance goes up. So seems it's the cap itself that's causing it.

flyingmonkeystick,

GoldenBud

after a year or even more, there's some amount of dust/abv inside the air intake holes. clean it gently with a pick tool, avoid touching the nickel plate as much as you can..

I haven't. Basically why I'm posting here. I'm wondering if people have had to clean out the cap for this reason and how they did it. i think I'd need to take it apart to clean it properly

flyingmonkeystick,

GoldenBud

I haven't. Basically why I'm posting here. I'm wondering if people have had to clean out the cap for this reason and how they did it. i think I'd need to take it apart to clean it properly
if you have a screen above the herb load, you probably don't need to open the cap for cleaning, well maybe..... depends also in how grinded your herb is.... up to you, i used to clean a lot under the cap and i did damage to the holes but i over cleaned it.... not recommended.....

if you don't have an upper screen, you can do it, you may find some amount of ABV there, but again be gentle with the screwdriver when you open the cap, you want these holes to last...

GoldenBud,
There is an upper screen, which looks pretty clean. I actually pulled that out too to see if it would improve air flow, but didn't seem to make much difference. Now I need to figure out how to get it back in place. The whole think actually looks pretty clean, which is why I'm confused about the low air flow. I'll try poking something through the intake holes in case that clears them out, but after that I think I might need to take it apart. Would prefer not to though

flyingmonkeystick,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do not recommend breaking down the earlier models unless you need to, the later versions were designed to be more user serviceable for cleaning, replacing upper screens, etc..

I really never "clean" any of my caps. If needed, I just give them a big blowout... you might try compressed air if you need push.

FlyingLow,

recursive

Any vids of this beauty in use? I know it’s discontinued but I’ve heard great things about the lotus, just have never seen anyone using one

recursive,
Top Bottom