• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

cptofnthng

i gotta say, i really like it. had a lucky Bowl first, good flavor and clouds, then combusted a little (or almost?) during the second. takes some learning and i think by the time i tried the third bowl, i was already to stoned to properly handle the torch.
maybe its a good Idea to sort of standardize the hits somehow and then slowly only change one variable at a time. i do that with my espresso in the morning. until it came naturally.

Gigsabits53

i gotta say, i really like it. had a lucky Bowl first, good flavor and clouds, then combusted a little (or almost?) during the second. takes some learning and i think by the time i tried the third bowl, i was already to stoned to properly handle the torch.
maybe its a good Idea to sort of standardize the hits somehow and then slowly only change one variable at a time. i do that with my espresso in the morning. until it came naturally.
It took me a while to get the hang of the Lotus. It's one of those vapes where it takes some use before it starts to click. Once you master it, the clouds are incredible and the flavor on the first hit is amazing. Also, the torch, flame length, etc are all things to factor in.

I still combust from time to time with the Lotus, but that's only because I tend to really push it to the max. It happens sometimes.

Choices

For those who made Vaporstore purchases where the magnets are not holding the lid in place, on mine it appears the holes for the magnets are just a shade deeper than the magnets are tall so they are recessed in the stem and unable to do their “magnetic magic” so to speak. I was able to remove them using a separate magnet and I’m in the process of looking for some additional magnets that fit. If I find something that works I’ll let folks know on here.
On a separate topic, Is Max actively looking to find someone to continue the Lotus, similar to Rene’ and Vapman? I know he is establishing an EBay spot but beyond that is he looking for someone to carry on the Lotus manufacturing? Here’s to hoping!

Choices,
Reactions: djchexxx

cptofnthng

It took me a while to get the hang of the Lotus. It's one of those vapes where it takes some use before it starts to click. Once you master it, the clouds are incredible and the flavor on the first hit is amazing. Also, the torch, flame length, etc are all things to factor in.

I still combust from time to time with the Lotus, but that's only because I tend to really push it to the max. It happens sometimes.
so whats your technique my man?

cptofnthng,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Mine: fire it up and keep it moving on the plate, look for the red dot to appear, wait a second and begin inhaling while you keep that red dot moving and dancing all over. I do not just dance the red dot around, I also spin the cap around and around on the WPA the entire time I am inhaling. I do this with my left hand as it holds the piece. I also spin the cap on the metal dry piece, spin one way till the stir stick hits the stem, then the other way, and back again, constantly until my lungs are FULL.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I personally don't spin the cap and I tend to stay in the circle above the bowl rather than dancing around the cap, but my heating is similar otherwise creating the red dot to get enough heat into the bowl. The main factors for me controlling how much heat the load gets are length of the flame, concentration of the heat (time on plate) and draw speed. I DO find stirring helpful in getting the most from a load.
Because I am always on glass I can easily see how much vapor I am getting so that I can adjust those factors to get the hit I am looking for. Being able to see my vapor production is probably the most important factor for me in controlling my hit and managing it's density, and the main reason I rarely use the stem.

GoldenBud

Following the red dot on the plate is very helpful. once I see that red dot, i stop heating, while taking faster draw. less chances to combust... If I want to check my limits I keep the red dot for 1-2 seconds more, but very fast draw.. can't remember the last time I combust with the Lotus.. and glad it's like that

Gigsabits53

so whats your technique my man?
I normally use mine with a j-hook and I do a preheat of the cap before I take the 1st hit. I try to keep the flame moving on the cap so there wont be any hot spots, then just gauge the vapor coming through the j-hook. It's one of those things, you get the hang of your cap and torch with use, flame length, draw speed, etc.

My point about combusting in my previous post is just because I push it to the limit, and once in a while I go past that limit and end up with a mouthful of smoke. I think its fairly simple to get what I would call smaller hits, but it takes some practice to get the big rips. It's a really fun vape to experiment with, use with the regular stem, a j-hook, or a water piece. I dont use the black stem ever. I like to be able to see the vapor production with a j-hook or water piece.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Choices

Don’t feel guilty. Vaporstore misrepresented the product they had in stock. They had all three “models” up at one point a few weeks back. They then sold the ones they had left as all being Model III which they even tried to switch the price higher after Max announced he was closing. It appears they basically took their old stock and their scraps and piecemealed a bunch of them together with no concern for actual accuracy. I didn’t receive my wpa either.
Update: After my outburst about Vaporstore, I think it would be less than honest to not share the end result. Rather than return them they offered me a 50% discount on the ones I received, which had missing and loose magnets, no stirring tool, and one stem with a messed up bowl. My wpa showed up separately so frankly I have some crow to eat here. These are going to be gifts which is why I unwisely voiced my displeasure about a vendor before giving them a full opportunity to provide me customer service. I have never done that before so this isn’t like me. I just want to say I am sorry if I biased anyone about Vaporstore. I was wrong and apologize. Also I was able to contact Max and he is adding to my stem order some of the other items mine were missing. So I am a fortunate person and will let my use of the Lotus always be a reminder to me to be mindful of what I think and say about others. Much Peace....

GoldenBud

Decided to do a "wild" thing with my Lotus.. damped down the bowl. going against the recommendation. but... pinched the bowl, almost full sized bowl, in the middle. set in a dark room so i can catch 100% of the red dot, big torch, big flame, away from the plate... I got so medicated like... it was wild. huge hit. but my throat was hot AF.

where can I get dimpled 14mm Jhook shipped worldwide?

GoldenBud,

Woodisgood

you mean tamped down the Bowl? i saw sneakypete doing that too.
i still combust every third bowl. its Not easy
Could it be the lighter flame is too big? I am finding flame size to be crucial. Only had a Lotus for a couple of weeks and so far I have never combusted in it, but sometimes I have the opposite problem: no vapor when the flame is too short.

I prefer to use it in lower light so I can see the red dot emerge. Sometimes that takes up to about seven seconds, but sometimes it can be as little as three before it appears and I can start moving the dot. Also I notice different torches perform differently, even with the same length flame, so try a couple of different ones to find which works best for you.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Experience. Get more time on it and you will be able to taste getting to the line before it combusts. Just back off when you get that flavor

FlyingLow,
Reactions: hoptimum

davap84

Hello Lotus Lovers.
I have recently learned that the Lotus will be discontinued. Thinking about buying a second unit for backup but short on money, i would like to know if the Lotus is a lifetime vaporizer, by your opinion ?
I think that the answer is a big YES, but i know that some of you have bought several units across the years. Misusing's consequences ? New models appealing ? Buying fever ? Holy carefulness ?

GoldenBud

you mean tamped down the Bowl? i saw sneakypete doing that too.
i still combust every third bowl. its Not easy
tamping down the bowl, is not the right thing to do usually. just if you want to check your limits
usually i never tamp down, and make sure my bowl is fluffy.
use only your heat from the flame, not the strong blue flame on the plate. rotate your hand, don't stay on 1 place only. and stirr every hit.
like this:

GoldenBud,
Reactions: mendeazy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The Lotus is an outstanding vape, big hitter and my favorite butane vape. I always use it on glass so I can see the vapor production and control it easily. I have never (yet) had to replace a plate (the only consumable part) tho I have purchased one for backup. I fairly recently bought a Saucer cap which I really like. And after the announcement I bought another WPA just to future proof this bad boy. I should be set for life... ;)

El Rawn Hubbard

Also I notice different torches perform differently, even with the same length flame, so try a couple of different ones to find which works best for you.
Good advice.

Even multiples of the same torch can perform differently. My half a dozen Honest torches are all slightly different.

It's not bad to have options that suit different conditions too. One of my Zico torches will work comfortably at about half the flame length of the common Honest torch. It's perfect outdoors because when you run it at the same length as an Honest, the extra energy helps to overcome the wind etc.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
My order from lotus came today. All the hot plates the future may require, and a spare cap. Initially ordered the saucer but then got emailed they were already out, so got a normal cap (that apparently should be b-stock because of wood issues but literally can't see anything wrong with it). Damn, it felt feels real sentimental, it is so upsetting that this was discontinued, the lotus is really one of the best

Woodisgood

My order from lotus came today. All the hot plates the future may require, and a spare cap. Initially ordered the saucer but then got emailed they were already out, so got a normal cap (that apparently should be b-stock because of wood issues but literally can't see anything wrong with it). Damn, it felt feels real sentimental, it is so upsetting that this was discontinued, the lotus is really one of the best
How many hot plates does one need to keep the lotus in service indefinitely?

Woodisgood,
Reactions: mendeazy
Top Bottom