The Lotus Vaporizer

budweis

Comfortably Numb
And when I thought there was nothing to worry about. This is my latest VAS nemesis, I have the walnut kit in the cart for a few weeks now. If only I could come up with a reason why to not buy :uhoh:

coolbreeze

And when I thought there was nothing to worry about. This is my latest VAS nemesis, I have the walnut kit in the cart for a few weeks now. If only I could come up with a reason why to not buy :uhoh:
No reason I can see, even if it's an occasional treat it's still gonna be a treat. If you are curious/desirous enough to hold it for a month you will probably love it and get your use from it.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Happy day! Cheers!
IMG-20240621-082030.jpg

DrShoe

Finally one tip for Lotus newbies: your primary method of temperature regulation is the flame length/intensity of your torch. Stop heating the cap when it starts to glow. If you can't get your material to a dark roast without a glowing cap, increase the flame instead.
I got my Olive Lotus some weeks ago, used it many times on my Water Tool and like it a lot. But I got the feeling that I am not able to get the full performance out of it.

When heating I try to let the Cap glow just a little bit by adjusting the distance of the torch while inhaling, pre heat til the light glow starts. That way I get a soft and mellow vapour out of it but I am not able to get bigger Clouds that are not harsh and bringing me to cough a lot by heating more. Not combusting then and a roast that is coloured like Burley Tobacco but the Vapour is too sharp often.

Plus when heating with low Heat I lost many goodies that are sticking on the Side of the sieve, I have to deep clean the Sieve after every use.

I use the original Sieve in it, is it a good Idea to change that for a coarser Sieve? I think I would like a litte less draw Resistance for it, too.

And, are there more tips to get a more satisfying vapour out of it or is it just me and the need to learn how to ride the Line more accurate?

Ariwe

I got my Olive Lotus some weeks ago, used it many times on my Water Tool and like it a lot. But I got the feeling that I am not able to get the full performance out of it.

When heating I try to let the Cap glow just a little bit by adjusting the distance of the torch while inhaling, pre heat til the light glow starts. That way I get a soft and mellow vapour out of it but I am not able to get bigger Clouds that are not harsh and bringing me to cough a lot by heating more. Not combusting then and a roast that is coloured like Burley Tobacco but the Vapour is too sharp often.

Plus when heating with low Heat I lost many goodies that are sticking on the Side of the sieve, I have to deep clean the Sieve after every use.

I use the original Sieve in it, is it a good Idea to change that for a coarser Sieve? I think I would like a litte less draw Resistance for it, too.

And, are there more tips to get a more satisfying vapour out of it or is it just me and the need to learn how to ride the Line more accurate?
The only other thing I would suggest is to slow your inhalation speed. That greatly affects the vapor production in my experience.

The screen does get clogged quite often but it’s super easy to clean, just shake in a bag with iso. I personally haven’t tried swapping out the screen but it might work.

186°

Hi, just FYI, I wasn't happy with the original sieve either; it seemed just not stable enough after cleaning, kind of wabbly. So back then I just put in one of the fine sieves of a Mighty which I had lying around. It is that sieve, that is usually at the bottom of the heating chamber in the Mighty, i.e. it is very fine. The draw restriction wasn't affected much. I'm very happy with this. It fits well (altough I had to bend it a little bit into a bowl-like shape), and I expect it to be more durable than the original sieve of the Lotus. Also a big plus: less stuff (still green weed, AVB, dust and dirt) gets sucked in my waterpiece or pipe.

n0tu2

I thought with the newer Lotus it was not recommended to look for this glow effect anymore? Was under the impression newer ones don't glow like the originals. It may be way tooo hot if you are seeing a glow?

Great results with 3 second spinning pre-heat and then just keep pulling softly while spinning flame and you can feel the vapor warmth and either put flame closer (vapor is too cool) or back flame away (vapor is too hot) as needed. If you want to pull a little stronger then give more flame/heat. May be easier to overheat if through water bubbler.. Try bubbler dry so you can feel the vapor intensity and heat when learning.

Lotus is pretty much a ripper for me if you go in hot - after 2 or 3 8-10second hits, it pretty much feels done. Can go a few more but taste is finished. An even quicker finish if you go longer and harder on the flame.

Medium grind, 3/4 full ..no tamp.

If you just go softly you can get many hits without much visible vapor and lots longer for taste. Even though you don't see as much cloud when going easy with heat it will still have the same effects. The goodies are still coming out!

I really like the Lotus.. worked right from the start. The Vapman agitated me at first until I figured it out, lol. Lotus was a no-brainer if you use common sense with the heating, nice vapor from the 1st hit. Both have their place.

Material doesn't really get through seive/screen unless you are pulling way too hard? I never removed the original screen. Just iso baths.. Doesn't seem to move around at all for me?

Just wanted to add:

SIP vs. RIP ..sometimes seeing makes more sense 😉

Last edited:

DrShoe

Thanx for your Inputs to my Problems.
So here is what I have found out so far:

First of all i think it's kind of a misinterpreting the Terms Sip and Rip with this Device. Sipping to me means more of a puffing like smoking a ciggie or jollie, like drinking an old Scotch. Ripping in my mind reminds me about myself many years ago with my 60cm Bong and a spliff inside the Head, one and done with a high Volume of Air in no Time.
What Lee is showing to me is that ripping did not mean far more volume of air to be moved but more of the goodies to be moved in a bit more air.

What I have done when i got the Lotus is to set it on a cylindrical Bong (ca 350ml) and try to let it be my little Ripper.
Now I think that this type of water tool did not work that good with the Lotus for me. In general I think it would work but in my Mind the cylindrical Glass means high speed inhaling. And sucking that hard means to compress the Weed, resulting in a decreased flow Rate and a clogged Screen in no time.
I have other options, named the Herborizer for doing official Rips, but I would like to have an other option that is more accessible without preheating for this style.

So yesterday i thought that if it did not work properly i have to go an other Route. A waterless Bong is a good option, but it came to my mind, that there's one option I never did try: the J Hook.

Oh my God.

I never thought that there is so much taste to loose with water. Damn, this is truly a fantastic tasting Device.
This way there is a direct feedback about the vapour temperature which is great. But over all, the original j hook is a bit on the warmer side, I will have to get an other one one day.

And I have to see that in the end I am too fucking old for doing big Rips anymore.
Makes me just a little bit sad, as I really enjoyed this, but what Lee does in the 2nd Part of his Video did not work for me these Days without coughing mao.
Have to do my payment for smoking 30 Years now.

For the next times i will try different Grinds in it and lifting the Screen a little bit for smaller Sessions.

So thanks helping me finding a better Route and happy Friday Folks!! :love:

n0tu2

Oh my God.

Exactly. I use mine with just a regular Jhook. I think the taste is better then the Vapman tbh. Better then most out there. Water robs flavor that's why I suggested try your water piece dry and draw softly and don't push the heat until the end. It still cools plenty. Medium or Course grind to prevent bits getting through the screen. You can use whole nug too and after first hit or two break it up with the built in tool.

If you take those huge rips you will cough. It's just volume and thickness of the vapor. Very heavy. I have a few ball vape heads and I like B1 w.injector the best but on high temp for sure ball vape huuuge cloud but it is so thick it is just like smoke/combustion feel. Cough the same. Stink the same (reeks up the room). I can't really just leave my ball vape setup out so set up and get ready ritual is really a bummer so I hardly use it anymore (lazy?). You can set ball vape temp lower and get similar SIP/RIP hits but in that case it's just easier to break out Lotus and Jhook from its case. Clean up a breeze too. Enjoy

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
my bowl adaptar screen has fallen out and I'm having a surprisingly difficult time getting another screen to stay in. any suggestion ?

VapeKnight,

n0tu2

my bowl adaptar screen has fallen out and I'm having a surprisingly difficult time getting another screen to stay in. any suggestion ?
Never took mine out, but if i had to guess: I think it uses .5inch 12.7mm exactly .. the .2mm makes a difference. 12.5mm no fit.. some companies aren't that precise to the mm w.their screen dimensions they advertise and there is a groove that it should slip into to hold it in at the bottom.. make sure you have the right size screen and make sure the groove is free of debris all around and no previous screen tiny metal pieces wedged in the groove blocking the new screen from getting in the groove.. the screen probably needs to be super flat during insertion and insert evenly with the backside of an S&B brush or something. Evenly push it down from all around very slowly and lightly without bending its shape on the way in or it won't go in the groove on the bottom if out of shape or concaves up. Then once down go around screen perimeter and press with back of a flat tamping tool.. maybe the backside of the S&B plastic tamper tool might work instead of the back of the brush. Make sure it slips in groove perfectly all around.. need to find a way to push it in evenly all around at the same time without bending it in the process.. optimally a tamper that exactly fits over the whole screen on the way down..

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
thanks for the reply. I had already tried everything that you have mentioned with poor luck. I'm an optician by trade and feel comfortable working on smaller and more detailed items and have loads of useful tool, but this is being difficult. Admittedly, I have been trying to cut screens from all my other vapes spare parts but haven't found a good match yet. Hopefully I can cut an accurate 12.7. Unfortunately , this is not a replacement part offered bu Nowinhale. I have a few screens yet to be tested🤞

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The screen was my biggest complaint about this vape. I also cut my own spare as it only came with one and it's much better than the OG which frayed the moment I looked at it! I'm generally really kind to screens too and very rarely need spares, shame as it should be the easiest bit to improve.

T9R

thanks for the reply. I had already tried everything that you have mentioned with poor luck. I'm an optician by trade and feel comfortable working on smaller and more detailed items and have loads of useful tool, but this is being difficult. Admittedly, I have been trying to cut screens from all my other vapes spare parts but haven't found a good match yet. Hopefully I can cut an accurate 12.7. Unfortunately , this is not a replacement part offered bu Nowinhale. I have a few screens yet to be tested🤞
Shoot them an email if you haven't already. I'm sure they can sort out a new one for you even though it isn't listed as a spare part on the website (which it definitely should be IMO).

n0tu2

No prob.. it's just very tough to cut them that exact. Some vendors on Amazon claim precise and clean rounded cuts w.no sharp edges (search 12.7mm pipe screen, a gamble) If you don't have the right tool it will fray out around the perimeter and be a mess.. You could also slightly taco it on the way in (no crease bends) so when its all the way down when you flatted it in the center it spreads out flat and into the groove..like a contact lens shape on the way down, lol. For all we know they have custom 12.74mm or 12.78mm screens.. or even their own tool to make em' or insert em'.

I see they sell a restore kit that has one screen but don't know if the cap is the same screen as the wpa.. not worth it for a single screen.. Best to ask (curious now as well) they should offer the wpa screen replacements separate if they are such a custom size.. will try to avoid ever taking it out now if possible..

budweis

Comfortably Numb
One week in and I am still surprised how good the Lotus is. The flavor is superb, hits hard and maintenance is almost nonexistent. It's surprisingly easy to use, I find it even less finicky than Vapman. All in all, it makes perfect sense to have Lotus as a part in your torch vape collection.

8jNCqs0.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom