• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

sparrowman

I spoke with an austrian Wood/glassmaker and to see if he would do an oregon glass blower spiked jhook and He told me that normal glass hooks often broke after they cooled down. It only works with boro he said and he didnt have it.. I saw myself with a very Long spiked j hook in my intermediate Future, but it didnt Happen. Maybe i ask these chinese dudes.
This was the man

Ask @glasscharlie he made me a super amazing saxophone style J hook. UK based but sure he'd deliver to Europe

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
God love the way the Chinese pack their glass.
china-pack.jpg

These J-Hooks are very nice. The joint is plenty far from the stem to stay out of the way.
J-Hook.jpg

And they cool very well also. Definitely worth the price paid.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
china-pack.jpg

These J-Hooks are very nice. The joint is plenty far from the stem to stay out of the way.
J-Hook.jpg

Oh nice, yours has the pinched tip, I forgot had you requested that? And now they offer it as a result, I put the order in :tup:

I'll buy one
Yeah, I’d be in for one of those flattened mouthpiece models if you end up ordering 4 🙂

I'll be in touch!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Actually I didn't request it. That was what was up on the site. It's a nice change from all the trumpet MPs I currently have. Trumpets or joints other than plain stems.

Added: It is even comfortable in my hand. I think I have actually found a combination that will encourage me to take the TM out and about. Just as springtime approaches. How bout that. And since I had to get 3 I won't even be afraid I might break it...
TM-w-Jhook.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Actually I didn't request it. That was what was up on the site. It's a nice change from all the trumpet MPs I currently have. Trumpets or joints other than plain stems.

Oh, I could have sworn you ordered it so fast that it had the original photo, must have missed when they updated it until now, glad you are enjoying it! I love that you can turn the TM button towards you and hold the entire thing in one hand :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: cybrguy

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I almost want to order one of these just for the pinch tip. However, I don't want to have to pay for four of them.

Ramahs,

OldPotHead

I vape to get even

Added: It is even comfortable in my hand. I think I have actually found a combination that will encourage me to take the TM out and about. Just as springtime approaches. How bout that. And since I had to get 3 I won't even be afraid I might break it...
TM-w-Jhook.jpg
that's a sweet piece of glass right there

OldPotHead,
Reactions: cybrguy

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't want to have to pay for four of them.
I got YinMin to change the listing to 2, I have also asked for a 3rd option of one of each style. (yet to be done)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I got YinMin to change the listing to 2, I have also asked for a 3rd option of one of each style. (yet to be done)
Nice. Unfortunately he wants 15usd postage to France. Shame.

Shit Snacks

china-pack.jpg

J-Hook.jpg

Oh nice, yours has the pinched tip, I forgot had you requested that? And now they offer it as a result, I put the order in :tup:

I'll be in touch!

Well my 4 arrived today, each one seems to have a crack somewhere lol partial refund!

Texus

Just got this France-made J-hook from @Ed's TnT . Pinched mouthpiece and Spiked stem. Plus according to Ed can stand upright (though certainly major tip risk if kept that way, as Ed noted).

Inception can be my 14mm J-hook and this'll be the 18mm

Shit Snacks

Just got this France-made J-hook from @Ed's TnT . Pinched mouthpiece and Spiked stem. Plus according to Ed can stand upright (though certainly major tip risk if kept that way, as Ed noted).

Inception can be my 14mm J-hook and this'll be the 18mm

Oh awesome, I believe that is the one from Nicholas, right @Chicken No Name?? Glad to see he is still making these, wanted to see him make one just like this that was just a TM stem too... He was able to pretty much customize any which way if you emailed him, good idea for Ed to get some stock to offer as a nice dry option for log vaping!

I am using one of the four hooks now, mostly superficial defects, unless it is dropped then probably going to break easily haha but they are pretty effective (and cheap now that you only have to order two) option, well as long as the quality control improves I suppose...

Shit Snacks

Bugger...should have got a full refund...Yinmin5 is usually pretty good at looking after problems when they arise.
(well Lumin88 in this case, but yes both are the same great Genesis Glass CS)

Yeah they already processed the refund, very quick and easy, and I told them to do better inspection for quality control when they are shipping in the future, which they will, so it is good for anyone else who wants to order, they are still a very good seller and this is a nice product if they get it right!

Yeah I asked for the partial refund, processed via customer service to open the dispute for me, before I inspected all of them more closely to realize each one was cracked, but I don't care because they are still usable. I am totally fine paying $12 for what I got, I don't need them to give me a full refund, they gave me back $30 which is plenty considering my situation...

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Oh awesome, I believe that is the one from Nicholas, right @Chicken No Name?? Glad to see he is still making these, wanted to see him make one just like this that was just a TM stem too... He was able to pretty much customize any which way if you emailed him, good idea for Ed to get some stock to offer as a nice dry option for log vaping!
Yep, well spotted.
Nicolas is selling them in France but his web site is still being developed.
If you can navigate through the default template you can find it here:

This is my favourite. Very effective at cooling.
No way would I let it stand independently.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Well look what just turned up on recvapes!

At £18 they are a bit pricy but the pair with delivery from China is about the same price each to the UK so this is probably a better option

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Well look what just turned up on recvapes!

At £18 they are a bit pricy but the pair with delivery from China is about the same price each to the UK so this is probably a better option
Good spot. I sent Matt a link when @LesPlenty detailed them in here. He said he would get them in.
So from FC to RV. FC rules!

Shit Snacks

Nice, they are where I bought my xmax v3pro originally, great shop... Hopefully they do good quality control on the hooks they are selling, I know their customer service will take care of anyone just like Genesis Glass does though so no worries really! :tup:

Top Bottom