• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yeah I got an 18 mm female one from him with my last tool order, it is very nice indeed! Although the female joint, most of my 18 mm male stems are wobbly in it, though they still work fine! No complaints for $13.50 on sale lol

I actually think the right angle bends are even better than the dimples, but check out Oregon Glass Blower and you can get both to try!
ill look into it thanks again

Snooppossum

What's up guys? hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I'm looking for some 18mm MALE mini j hooks like the one in the lamart website. Lamart is currently all sold out (damn my luck 🤦‍♂️) and it's mad crazy but literally NOBODY has any male J-hooks. Only females everywhere I look.

I know what you're thinking, just get a female hook and an adapter....well I do have one of those as well but it's not quite the same as it moves the herbs a bit farther away from the heater in my tetra, requiring higher Temps I'm sure. Besides that I muuuuch prefer the little mini hooks for their size and would rather not have multiple connections.

Can anyone help a brother out please 🙏 if you can point me towards someone who either has this style hook or is willing to make a custom one I'd be forever grateful. Thanks for reading and happy vaping my dudes 🤙

Snooppossum,
Reactions: Bologna

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What's up guys? hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I'm looking for some 18mm MALE mini j hooks like the one in the lamart website. Lamart is currently all sold out (damn my luck 🤦‍♂️) and it's mad crazy but literally NOBODY has any male J-hooks. Only females everywhere I look.

I know what you're thinking, just get a female hook and an adapter....well I do have one of those as well but it's not quite the same as it moves the herbs a bit farther away from the heater in my tetra, requiring higher Temps I'm sure. Besides that I muuuuch prefer the little mini hooks for their size and would rather not have multiple connections.

Can anyone help a brother out please 🙏 if you can point me towards someone who either has this style hook or is willing to make a custom one I'd be forever grateful. Thanks for reading and happy vaping my dudes 🤙

Why do you think using a WPA would make the herb further away? If you are loading herb in a rimmed basket screen at the tip, then the load is always going to be close to the heater and efficiently extracted... So a wpa would only add more cooling to a female j-hook... But yeah I understand the appeal of having it be all one piece for you, and really outside of a custom piece, your best bet is going to be to just wait until Lamart has more of theirs in stock... I bet you can try to email or message or something to get on a wait list notification when they're in stock? Try them on Instagram, maybe Padriano can help... And try posting in classifieds to request one??

Snooppossum

Is the search maddening enough that you are willing to wait weeks at this point?

Getting one in a few weeks is better than Getting one never ! Lol thanks for the link brother. I actually already ordered some similar to the ones in it, but will probably order one from the link you provided too since they are likely to be slightly different and besides...I can never really have enough stems I don't think.

I'm just hoping they fit because the ones on the lamart site looked slightly more cut out for the tetra .

Shit Snacks

Getting one in a few weeks is better than Getting one never ! Lol thanks for the link brother. I actually already ordered some similar to the ones in it, but will probably order one from the link you provided too since they are likely to be slightly different and besides...I can never really have enough stems I don't think.

I'm just hoping they fit because the ones on the lamart site looked slightly more cut out for the tetra .

Any 18/19mm male should fit the tetra, but there is always variance in glass, so it's really going to be hit or miss how well it fits into the tetra and how well it fits basket screens... Another reason I suggest WPA ;)

Snooppossum

Why do you think using a WPA would make the herb further away? If you are loading herb in a rimmed basket screen at the tip, then the load is always going to be close to the heater and efficiently extracted... So a wpa would only add more cooling to a female j-hook... But yeah I understand the appeal of having it be all one piece for you, and really outside of a custom piece, your best bet is going to be to just wait until Lamart has more of theirs in stock... I bet you can try to email or message or something to get on a wait list notification when they're in stock? Try them on Instagram, maybe Padriano can help... And try posting in classifieds to request one??
🤦‍♂️ lol whoops. I actually never pack the basket screen, just the stems because when doing so I always get a ring of light colored material on the outside of the herb and in order to vape it I either have to stir, which is not preferable especially in a basket screen, or push it dangerously close to combustion.

I see what you mean though and it totally doesn't make a difference either way as far as distance from the heater goes, not sure what I was thinking there...but I would still like to keep it in one piece so there will be less chance of me breaking something lol.

I did post to ent exchange on reddit, if there's a thread like that on here please lmk!

And I'm not sure who this Padriano person is but I'll definitely hit them up if they have the goods! Thanks for the help snacks ¡🙏🤙

Shit Snacks

🤦‍♂️ lol whoops. I actually never pack the basket screen, just the stems because when doing so I always get a ring of light colored material on the outside of the herb and in order to vape it I either have to stir, which is not preferable especially in a basket screen, or push it dangerously close to combustion.

I see what you mean though and it totally doesn't make a difference either way as far as distance from the heater goes, not sure what I was thinking there...but I would still like to keep it in one piece so there will be less chance of me breaking something lol.

I did post to ent exchange on reddit, if there's a thread like that on here please lmk!

And I'm not sure who this Padriano person is but I'll definitely hit them up if they have the goods! Thanks for the help snacks ¡🙏🤙

Oh yeah, I never really load that way, always use basket screens, and I also never stir, temp stepping 375-425F typically...

Paddy is affiliated in some way, I'm not exactly sure, but he has awesome stuff he posts on IG so maybe he can help I don't know lol

There's a classified section here on the main page, if you have posted enough you should be able to make a listing...

Any WPA in particular?

Just need a male to male adapter, I don't even know where I got the one I use the most, I still need to try out the lamart multi one I got with the glass screen...

Shit Snacks

Finally have this custom heady hook in my hands and it is glorious! Perfect size too

PXL-20210517-185014726.jpg

PXL-20210517-190953386.jpg

PXL-20210517-185002448.jpg

Super thick glass, swirls of blue cobalt into foamy amber and purple, cooling spikes near the mouthpiece, which is a comfortable flat taper, and the clear glass beneath the joint allows you to see the vapor flowing!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Finally have this custom heady hook in my hands and it is glorious! Perfect size too

PXL-20210517-185014726.jpg

PXL-20210517-190953386.jpg

PXL-20210517-185002448.jpg

Super thick glass, swirls of blue cobalt into foamy amber and purple, cooling spikes near the mouthpiece, which is a comfortable flat taper, and the clear glass beneath the joint allows you to see the vapor flowing!
god damn man that is dope where did you get this?

Shit Snacks

god damn man that is dope where did you get this?

Haha sorry this is a custom piece from Phineas, took a while and was not easy at all, so it's my one of a kind Heady Hook!

And HOLY SHIT SNACKS, forgot it was color-changing glass, look what happens in the sunlight, photos cannot even capture:

PXL-20210517-234707810.jpg

PXL-20210517-233924374.jpg

PXL-20210517-224243361.jpg

^so great with FW7 as well as TM! Bought it with those in mind, but I am excited to try everything I have... New go-to home hook!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Haha sorry this is a custom piece from Phineas, took a while and was not easy at all, so it's my one of a kind Heady Hook!

And HOLY SHIT SNACKS, forgot it was color-changing glass, look what happens in the sunlight, photos cannot even capture:

PXL-20210517-234707810.jpg

PXL-20210517-233924374.jpg

PXL-20210517-224243361.jpg

^so great with FW7 as well as TM! Bought it with those in mind, but I am excited to try everything I have... New go-to home hook!
its really dope i would be afraid to use it

Shit Snacks

its really dope i would be afraid to use it

Haha yeah that's why it won't be leaving the house, leaving my room, but I was also afraid of that, however now that I have it in hands I can tell how thick the glass is! Though yeah he was a little concerned shipping it, but packed it very well... I'll do my best to baby it of course, but must use it!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Stunning.
Simply stunning.

I'm afraid I'm a tad new to this glass blowing business. When you say one off custom piece, can more custom pieces be made?
I would be in for some of this. Would love a single piece of custom work and something like this would be more practical and more usable than a larger rig which I would be very worried about breaking.
So is it possible to get more of these made?

Shit Snacks

Stunning.
Simply stunning.

I'm afraid I'm a tad new to this glass blowing business. When you say one off custom piece, can more custom pieces be made?
I would be in for some of this. Would love a single piece of custom work and something like this would be more practical and more usable than a larger rig which I would be very worried about breaking.
So is it possible to get more of these made?

It depends, can be tough to find someone with the time and willingness to make you a custom piece, especially depending on what you want exactly... Generally tends to take a lot of patience and costs decent amount of money as well!

For example this piece was pretty complicated to make, fusing the female joint was tricky and broke the first attempt, I believe the second as well, then the third successful joint also entailed repairing all the cracks throughout the process... So this was a many months long process, requiring a lot of work on his part, while he also had a lot of other orders particularly wholesale orders to fulfill (case in point I have a simpler non-heady custom mouthpiece that has also been waiting for him to be able to have the time, even piggybacking on the wholesale orders...)

So yeah stuff like this is why it can be tough to find someone willing to do the work for a custom order like this, I'm not sure he has the time or whatever to make more like this? There are so many glass workers on IG, I gotta think plenty would at least take like input before making their own version of a custom (like I gave him a lot of freedom with mine but had some particular requests, based off of previous work from him and other pieces I had) but yeah if you see a lot of the custom crazy glass on Instagram that gets old, the prices are crazy high too!

So all I can say is, you're kind of on your own for finding a way to get something similar to this type of heady piece, not easily acquired and I feel very fortunate to have it!!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Thanks for the detailed reply. Not what I wanted to hear but as I suspected.
Tbh, whilst I have liked many custom pieces, this one really has my envy. I like j hooks being practical, effective and portable. In this case a work of art.
So it appears I have a few options.

Block @Shit Snacks so I reduce my vas and gas to manageable levels (but where's the fun in that)

Find a glass blower that has the skills to make such art

Shed a tear and get on with the dhgate hook, that up till this moment had been perfectly fine but I now look upon with a small amount of contempt, thinking what it could (should?) have been.....

I think options 2and 3 are for me.... settling on option 3 I suspect.

Enjoy your beautiful piece of glass.....

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the detailed reply. Not what I wanted to hear but as I suspected.
Tbh, whilst I have liked many custom pieces, this one really has my envy. I like j hooks being practical, effective and portable. In this case a work of art.
So it appears I have a few options.

Block @Shit Snacks so I reduce my vas and gas to manageable levels (but where's the fun in that)

Find a glass blower that has the skills to make such art

Shed a tear and get on with the dhgate hook, that up till this moment had been perfectly fine but I now look upon with a small amount of contempt, thinking what it could (should?) have been.....

I think options 2and 3 are for me.... settling on option 3 I suspect.

Enjoy your beautiful piece of glass.....

Haha there's definitely some in between options, like a piece from Oregon glass blower is more easily accessible, if less heady... There's a lot of variety in jayhooks aside from DHgate though that is certainly the cheapest option! Hell if you get in touch with a good seller you can see what they can make you there, but yeah not quite the same... Listen if price and time is not a factor, hold out hope so you can get lucky like me! Trust me, I've wanted a piece like this for so many years, quite the wait :lol:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Haha there's definitely some in between options, like a piece from Oregon glass blower is more easily accessible, if less heady... There's a lot of variety in jayhooks aside from DHgate though that is certainly the cheapest option! Hell if you get in touch with a good seller you can see what they can make you there, but yeah not quite the same... Listen if price and time is not a factor, hold out hope so you can get lucky like me! Trust me, I've wanted a piece like this for so many years, quite the wait :lol:
But I want it NOW....

I'm in the EU so less options but I am exploring a couple.

If anyone knows of friendly blowers, please let me know.

And I have referred to ogb to the couple of folks I'm corresponding with as examples of what to make.

But they are all very utilitarian. I like that with some things (my newvape kit fits this bill) but for other items Im trying to favour form as well as function.

So I'm afraid non of the standard fare will scratch that itch.

But as you have pointed out, the search can be long but worth it. I best get my tramping gear (and plenty of batteries) and start my own journey.
I know the hunt can sometimes be as much fun as the kill so to speak.

Thanks again for making my day. I think that piece is one of the more stunning pieces I have seen. And then you rubbed salt in when you displayed against the light.

WOW!!!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
There are plenty of Glass blowers on Instagram that take custom work. I would spend some time there, then reach out to the ones who catch your eye.
Agreed. Not many EU based though and it would be a tad impractical if I need to deal with America.

If anyone knows of EU based glass blowers, pls let me know.

Shit Snacks

Agreed. Not many EU based though and it would be a tad impractical if I need to deal with America.

If anyone knows of EU based glass blowers, pls let me know.

Yeah sorry my guy is also US based anyway, you need to hunt down your own locals I guess! All right one last tease and then I'll stop torturing you so much I swear:

PXL-20210519-004229825.jpg

PXL-20210519-004409233.jpg

PXL-20210519-004111371.jpg

Top Bottom