The J-hook thread!

cliffhanger1

does anyone know where there are nice J hooks in europe? thx

Edit: i am searching for 14 mm j hook male

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I got a black leaf j hook from somewhere but I've had a look and I can find no record of where so not much help I'm afraid.....

I have 3 coming from China for the same price but obv wait for those.....

Chicken No Name,

Hippie

They don't call them J-hooks on the black leaf website
I couldn't find a 14mm male but here's 2 18mm Fs you could use with an adapter

Last edited:

codexica

@Shit Snacks, I'm so jealous! That is far and away the coolest hook I've seen. I'm gasping at the colors....

In Love Cartoon GIF by Space Jam

StringTheorista

72-E3-BAE5-92-CD-4-E47-9040-5-D47918-AFFD8.jpg
I love using a j hook (most recently, with my prrl neo), but haven’t found one I love that stands. So I cobbled this together from wood scraps on hand. Ugly but it works.

i also have this 18mm black leaf cane-gun one, which does stand by itself quite stably, on 2 legs and mouthpiece end. A little less phallic looking in person than this pic, because the mouthpiece end is flattened. High volume, easy to see vapor forming, but I like using it less than a Sherlock-bend one.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Best thing I can think of for a "stand" would be a dish/bowl with aquarium rock or marbles.
Tried that, less good that a square or rectangular box or tin, I found, because the hook really wants to flop sideways. In a box, you can rest the joint end into a corner

StringTheorista,

west-elec

Got the quote from Labglass in Brisbane for custom cooling mouthpieces.
Custom dimpled L hook, like in my pics- 14mm male joint, 13mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 125mm long, 9 dimples. AU$53 ea (about US$41)
Custom dimpled J hook- 17mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 250mm long, 12 dimples, tapered mouthpiece end. 14mm male joint AU$59 ea, 18mm male joint AU$60 ea (about US$47)
I have to pay 10% tax, but export is exempt. Postage depends on distance and quantity, they will quote when you inquire. Local is $15.
They use German Schott boro and do very nice work from the 2 orders I have given them. Packaging is OTT with small parts swimming in a sea of shredded paper in a big box. Roughly 2 weeks from payment to shipping.
I've ordered one of the 14mm J hooks, so if you want to wait to see pics before you order I should have it in about 2 weeks.
They are an industrial supplier so wouldn't be able to do fancy works of art like @Shit Snacks gets, but standard fittings are no problem, see their old school catalogue for ideas. Labglass catalogue
email Graham at labglass.office@gmail.com
If you call them "Custom dimpled L, or J mouthpiece" he will know what specs we are talking.
Reposted from the Firewood thread, anyone interested in good quality custom hooks at very reasonable prices. These prices were males for the Firewood but obviously they can do female dimpled like the inception etc.

Fillmore2

FYI, y’all, GRAV is having 20% Memorial Day sale with free shipping to US

Thanks for the heads-up on that sale! I've been using the Grav 16mm Octo Taster with silicone skin. Works great with the TM - using one of TM's basket screens below the glass "screen" in the Octo I cut off the "herb end" of the skin close to the mouthpiece. This left me with a silicone stand to lean the TM onto. Love it!

west-elec

WARNING AUS PEOPLE- DO NOT USE LABGLASS
I posted this last week;
Reposted from the Firewood thread, anyone interested in good quality custom hooks at very reasonable prices. These prices were males for the Firewood but obviously they can do female dimpled like the inception etc.

Received this alarming email yesterday;
We will be supplying your prepaid order as arranged when complete.

We have however be advised by the drug squad (with whom we are closely in touch on an almost daily basis due the reporting requirements of the law within our industry) that do not want us to manufacture further units of the your mouth pieces.

There must be a reporting requirement for glass manufacturers (probably more to do with ice pipes, not sure), so avoid this supplier if you are in Aus and be aware of this reporting requirement- I had no idea.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn that really sucks, thanks for letting us know dude @west-elec at least you were able to get yours! Oh the battles we face

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ramahs

west-elec

Damn that really sucks, thanks for letting us know dude @west-elec at least you were able to get yours! Oh the battles we face
Yeah got me a bit nervous, I asked if they had all my details, 'Yes, they see everything' I asked if I should expect a knock on the door 'I don't think so. They are mainly looking for labs'.
I hadn't thought about those meth labs, hopefully that is all they are interested in.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah got me a bit nervous, I asked if they had all my details, 'Yes, they see everything' I asked if I should expect a knock on the door 'I don't think so. They are mainly looking for labs'.
I hadn't thought about those meth labs, hopefully that is all they are interested in.

Oh shit yeah I guess that is pretty serious and could be a problem there I don't know, certainly a problem here I think!

Shit Snacks,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Damn it I'm sorry, I forgot about the US problem, hoping maybe he would have worked with you or something... Also wow it moved faster than I expected!
Moved too quick for me. It's just turned 7 am here. Big storm last night tried to wake me so someone was trying to get me to look at my messages but that last vrod hit before nite nite kept my head stuck to the pillow. But big thanks for thinking of me.....:cheers:

Top Bottom