The J-hook thread!

ezpz

Cannot edit my last post, but just wanted to pop in to say that @RogueGuy seems to have some basic 18 and 14 mm j hooks available now on his Etsy store!

I can highly recommend the rogue wax works store and the tools are phenomenal!
I'm kind of in the same boat as @Bad Dog. I ordered 4 j hooks from Dhgate on February 16. I got tired of waiting, and ordered a 14mm j hook from rogue wax works on March 1st. Delivered March 5th. Outstanding service. 👍
@Shit Snacks knows.
I'm loving my new toy. 😎

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I want one for my logs!!!

unnamed-30(1).jpg

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I know that I’m late to the party, but finally purchased a J-hook (actually two) from simpleglasspipe, with fast & free shipping. I’ve used it with my e-nano, nonovong and sticky brick with nice results.

I’m usually a water guy, and while being a bit more harsh, but tastier, I feel that I get a stronger buzz with the J-hook. It’s nice to have options. I think it was money well spent.

BBFFADCC-75ED-4050-ABCF-BC5D9B2C8508.jpeg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Shit Snacks,

Ramahs

It’s nice to have options.

^ Exactly!

Oh nice! He added some standard versions based off the customs we did, glad he found a price that works for him! (niiice n hiiigh)

I also see the other style we came up with, available in 14 mm, and my plain non-spiked three right angle side car j hook version...

Yeah, it's not cheap...but I get it. I'm sure it's a lot of work to make all those little poke-in spikes without going too fast and end up cracking the piece. Plus, his stuff is significantly thicker and better quality than the likes of what one would find on DHGate.

As with many things, you get what you pay for.

Nothing wrong with saving some money, and buying the cheaper stuff. I own plenty of budget glass.
However, I also appreciate the "buy-once, cry-once" mentality, if I can find a way to afford to buy quality.

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?

I've been looking at this one a bunch as well to use as another dry flowerpot piece but I'm not quite sure I have the desk space. Reminds me of a big ol' vapor saxophone :spliff:

The one thing that I don't understand is why it seems to be almost impossible to find any J-hooks with little feet on them so they can rest upright, you see them pretty often on sherlock style combustion pipes. I realize they are kind of more meant as a mouthpiece compared to a stand-alone piece but for something so simple it's a hard feature to find.

Ramahs

I've been looking at this one a bunch as well to use as another dry flowerpot piece but I'm not quite sure I have the desk space. Reminds me of a big ol' vapor saxophone :spliff:

The one thing that I don't understand is why it seems to be almost impossible to find any J-hooks with little feet on them so they can rest upright, you see them pretty often on sherlock style combustion pipes. I realize they are kind of more meant as a mouthpiece compared to a stand-alone piece but for something so simple it's a hard feature to find.

I have this big-ol' cannon of a steamroller that has that feature.
It's kind of like a giant J-hook. lol :razz:

IMG-0785.jpg

IMG-0786.jpg

Shit Snacks

I wouldn't want to use feet like that, because then it's too precarious, easy to get knocked over and have something break. I prefer to lie them on their side on my coffee table, or stored in drawers, like I do with most vapes.

For what it's worth I think the right angle j hook he is offering that is similar to mine is pretty damn effective even without any spikes, and as a result it is far cheaper...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: tb42091

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

Like this? I know it of stock, sorry!

710yota

Like this? I know it of stock, sorry!

I actually pulled that out of google after my post last night but like you said its out of stock so I didn't think to bring it up. I'm gonna keep a eye out for it to come back in stock, much thanks anyways!

710yota,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Hippie

I got a couple of these last month
I would give it 3 thumbs up but I've only got 2 of them :tup: :tup:
And I haven't figured out how to remove the logo yet

710yota

I got a couple of these last month
I would give it 3 thumbs up but I've only got 2 of them :tup: :tup:
And I haven't figured out how to remove the logo yet

I've been looking at these since sometime last summer, exactly what I'm looking for but I can only find it shipping from Europe and I'm across a ocean from there so shipping gets pretty expensive for such a small thing. This whole J-Hook with feet thing is something I only think about every once in a while but i do keep coming back to it.

710yota,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
This whole J-Hook with feet thing is something I only think about every once in a while but i do keep coming back to it.
If you have any interest in the sneaky Pete standing j hook be advised it’s balance when standing is very precarious and has the tendency to fall backwards onto the mp from the slightest of brushes and I’m not sure how many of those falls it has in it before it breaks. Might be ok with something small left in the connection like a dynavap to counter balance but I do not leave mine standing so it seems a little silly and I think it’s to small as well.

been farting around with bits and bobs and put this together and I feel so steam punk
View attachment 6366

almost there

I've been looking at these since sometime last summer, exactly what I'm looking for but I can only find it shipping from Europe and I'm across a ocean from there so shipping gets pretty expensive for such a small thing. This whole J-Hook with feet thing is something I only think about every once in a while but i do keep coming back to it.
you can find the canegun in a vapocane set from planetvape.ca
Just an FYI- the prices listed is in Canadian dollars

Hippie

The balance on Sneaky Pete's sounds pretty similar to the Cane gun
I balance the Cane gun on two feet and the mouthpiece half the time as it's a lil more stable that way

QF1994

I had so many issues finding a good rhythm with my little $10 ebay J-hook. The draw just felt too airy and even with reliably good Dyna stems like my hydrovong i just wasn't getting good hits.

I tried using the rubber "Master adapter" from PuffItUp last night with my TI-tip on a grav one-hitter, and it's completely transformed my j-hook experience. It's made it crazy easy to sip little hits from the dyna, and I'm getting nice clouds. I guess the issue is that cheap glass=poor tolerances, and until I jammed in what's effectively a rubber stopper it was just too open to work properly.

Shit Snacks

I had so many issues finding a good rhythm with my little $10 ebay J-hook. The draw just felt too airy and even with reliably good Dyna stems like my hydrovong i just wasn't getting good hits.

I tried using the rubber "Master adapter" from PuffItUp last night with my TI-tip on a grav one-hitter, and it's completely transformed my j-hook experience. It's made it crazy easy to sip little hits from the dyna, and I'm getting nice clouds. I guess the issue is that cheap glass=poor tolerances, and until I jammed in what's effectively a rubber stopper it was just too open to work properly.

Oh yeah with glass variance you never know what you're going to get, the 14 mm female joint on my inception j hook even, not a cheap hook, does not fit all my 14 mm male adapters... Fortunately I have enough variety, and one of the ones that fits is my 14 mm male to 18 mm female adapter, so ultimately I have no issues using it with anything!

Shit Snacks,

QF1994

Oh yeah with glass variance you never know what you're going to get, the 14 mm female joint on my inception j hook even, not a cheap hook, does not fit all my 14 mm male adapters... Fortunately I have enough variety, and one of the ones that fits is my 14 mm male to 18 mm female adapter, so ultimately I have no issues using it with anything!
Yep, as best as I can figure from what fits, it's just over 14mm, so a good push with the rubber adapter gets me a nice seal, while the hydravong had just a little too much play, which isn't an issue in my other 14mm joint. All I know is that I'm super happy I got the setup working, because it's finally working the way I wanted, as a little pipe-like way to puff the dynavap and savor it a little.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Looks great. Any differences? Got a favorite?
Only gone through a few loads but my early favourite is the big Sherlock/creative genius or whatever DHgate is calling it at the bottom , the smaller Sherlock on the left with flaired mouth piece is also nice the turbulence might make for tastier vapour. But the smaller right angle one with trumpet mouth piece is probably my least favourite, it’s just too small and thin and the mouth piece exposes more sensitive parts of my lips and feel a little hot at higher temperature settings. Still too early to call it more experiments 🔬 needed

El Rawn Hubbard

I don't remember if it's been mentioned here, but I've found using a dropdown on a j-hook can be a great way of making it stand up. If it's turned to the side, there are generally 3 points of contact that are much more stable than some of the lackluster 'feet' that have been posted. A bonus is that it also adds length/labyrinth.

Last edited:

ezpz

I don't remember if it's been mentioned here, but I've found using a dropdown on a j-hook can be a great way of making it stand up. If it's turned to the side, there are generally 3 points of contact that are much more stable than some of the lackluster 'feet' that have been posted. A bonus is that it also adds length/labyrinth.

Looks like I'll be buying a drop down soon. Or maybe four. 😂

I got these from Dhgate. I ordered two 14mm (for my Fw7) and two 18mm (for my TM). They sent me four 18mm and two adapters. And my 18mm WPA hasn't arrived yet. 😭. I'm definitely glad I got the 14mm roguewaxworks j hook.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Cannot edit my last post, but just wanted to pop in to say that @RogueGuy seems to have some basic 18 and 14 mm j hooks available now on his Etsy store!

I can highly recommend the rogue wax works store and the tools are phenomenal!
this is actually where i got mines last week dude to this post, its a nice little j hook, looking for one with dimples now

Shit Snacks

this is actually where i got mines last week dude to this post, its a nice little j hook, looking for one with dimples now

Yeah I got an 18 mm female one from him with my last tool order, it is very nice indeed! Although the female joint, most of my 18 mm male stems are wobbly in it, though they still work fine! No complaints for $13.50 on sale lol

I actually think the right angle bends are even better than the dimples, but check out Oregon Glass Blower and you can get both to try!

Top Bottom