The J-hook thread!

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
20240305-120532.jpg

Diatanium mouthpiece, as @666Honeybadger recommended, arrived today. Fitted to the Tinymight-J-Hook-With-Agate-Cooling-Marbles, from GVB. Looks well, works well.

Cool!
Nice looking TM2 too! Pretty dark! Love it!!
I like how the dark line in the wood lines up with the shape of the stem! Adds a nice schwung to it!

Don't have a fitting hook for it myself, nice combo!
Use them on straight tubes and by far prefer the tapered mp over the stock stem.
I'm really amazed how something that simple can make such a difference in the overall experience: almost feels like the last piece of the puzzle! A real upgrade for my use-case for sure!
Happy to hear you like it, now i'm sure you'll enjoy it!

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: condition

condition

Cool!
Nice looking TM2 too! Pretty dark! Love it!!
I like how the dark line in the wood lines up with the shape of the stem! Adds a nice schwung to it!

Don't have a fitting hook for it myself, nice combo!
Use them on straight tubes and by far prefer the tapered mp over the stock stem.
I'm really amazed how something that simple can make such a difference in the overall experience: almost feels like the last piece of the puzzle! A real upgrade for my use-case for sure!
Happy to hear you like it, now i'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Thanks, indeed the mouthpiece feels very cool, some degrees lower than the glass.

condition,
Reactions: 99944nt

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
With the 18mm nondimpled OGB hooks, has there been a discussion about filling the stem with cooling beads through the bowl area and then closing it off with a metal screen? It's already a cool piece, but thinking of ways of adding extra cooling.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Petetbay

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
With the 18mm nondimpled OGB hooks, has there been a discussion about filling the stem with cooling beads through the bowl area and then closing it off with a metal screen? It's already a cool piece, but thinking of ways of adding extra cooling.

No that's never come up and doesn't really interest me as it would get really dirty and restrict more? I don't know doesn't seem necessary personally and annoying to deal with in my mind as there are other options

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
This 18mm 3D j-hook cost £8 and is an absolute joy.

I'm used to thicker (2mm?) Sherlocks with some heft to them and this feels thin (like an Edwardian sherry glass feels thin) and tapers to a narrow straw-like mouthpiece.

It's clearly going to need handling with care (no holding it between my teeth, Captain Haddock style), but I really really like the way it produces such a fine jet of vapour.

I think I may be on a similar journey with glass as I have been on with barware. The younger me valued strength, solidity and a weighty feel in my hand. As I've aged, I've succumbed to the appeal of fine lipped Nick and Nora glasses and the impact of the sip on the taste experience.

Or perhaps I'm making a virtue of buying cheap-shit semi-disposable glass.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
It's spring sale on DHGate and I have just stumbled across the following j-hook:

I assume that this has been posted here in the thread before, but I can't find it... Buy or avoid?

Seems to be around the same like this one?

I'm looking for something for the Terpcicle I want to order as soon as they are available again.

Last edited:

nicknobody

It's spring sale on DHGate and I have just stumbled across the following j-hook:

I assume that this has been posted here in the thread before, but I can't find it... Buy or avoid?

I'm looking for something for the Terpcicle I want to order as soon as they are available again.
Avoid the trumpet mouth piece one. Not comfortable, too thin around flare, ugly and too much air flow honestly. (I don’t have anything against that style mp but this case I don’t prefer)

Other style mouth piece is better. I thought I saw you already had one similar in a photo from a different thread? Maybe vapman thread? Idk.

I vote save a couple bucks for ogb or gvb

Shit Snacks

Those are the same, same seller same manufacturer, just different mouthpieces, there are a couple other variations from them too, depends what you like

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Avoid the trumpet mouth piece one. Not comfortable, too thin around flare, ugly and too much air flow honestly. (I don’t have anything against that style mp but this case I don’t prefer)

Sorry, I may have linked incorrectly. I actually meant the one with the flat mouthpiece.

Other style mouth piece is better. I thought I saw you already had one similar in a photo from a different thread? Maybe vapman thread? Idk.

Wow, you're actually remembering absolutely correctly. And yes, I already have a similar j-hook, but I wanted a second one as a backup.

I vote save a couple bucks for ogb or gvb

That's actually a good tip. I'll check them out. Thank you!

Those are the same, same seller same manufacturer, just different mouthpieces, there are a couple other variations from them too, they're all alright, depends what you like

Got it, thank you! :tup:

Shit Snacks

Wow, you're actually remembering absolutely correctly. And yes, I already have a similar j-hook, but I wanted a second one as a backup.

All the variations should be linked here, there are listings that have two bundled, it's a shame you didn't just order from that listing if you wanted two of the same?

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
All the variations should be linked here, there are listings that have two bundled, it's a shame you didn't just order from that listing if you wanted two of the same?

Yeah I actually had two until I dropped one of them… :doh:

DHGate is unfortunately a bit confusing (for me) regarding the different (or not really different) models...

I’ll have an eye on the next GVB drop.

I had another look at TRWW and am now going with this one:

Plan is to use it with the Terpcicle (will buy a 14/18 connector too).

Shit Snacks

Yeah I actually had two until I dropped one of them… :doh:

DHGate is unfortunately a bit confusing (for me) regarding the different (or not really different) models...

Haha yeah you can't really navigate there that's why you have to use links here ultimately, it's tricky because manufacturers have different storefronts, multiple, and multiple listings within those, of the same items... Sometimes slight variations, different ordering bundling etc. Too many options!

I’ll have an eye on the next GVB drop.

Yes I really like his, if you can score a U-Hook, those are my favorite, there should be several for this week's drop, rainbow colors, different size and styles...

I had another look at TRWW and am now going with this one:

Plan is to use it with the Terpcicle (will buy a 14/18 connector too).

Oh yeah you can't go wrong with a basic version that has some extra features at a great price!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Good Vibes Boro dropped rn

Go go go!

Edit: I was so impressed with my jhook and the customer service that I got myself a uhook. Also wanted to try 14mm. I don’t like to use adapters on a hook… easier on something free standing.

Just ordered a beautiful 18mm uhook as well:

Very excited to try this with the glass TED‘s from TRWW! 😍

Top Bottom