The J-hook thread!

coolbreeze

Just ordered a beautiful 18mm uhook as well:

Very excited to try this with the glass TED‘s from TRWW! 😍
...:D
4203221800.png

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Last edited:

nicknobody

That 6 inch purple jhook from the last drop produces the coolest vapor I’ve ever had. Even cooler than my water pieces. I can’t imagine wtf the uhook will be like. STOKED

I was torn about sharing this as I didn’t want someone to take it the wrong way as far as the quality of GVB glass but here it goes… my dumbass sheered off a cooling spike on my first cleaning because I was WAY too aggressive although it was my “normal” cleaning procedure. I reached out to ask if it’s something he has seen before and immediately I got a response saying he’s going to re make it for me and no worries. Next day I had a picture and a tracking number. Are you kidding me? Man I feel special and extremely grateful.

That kind of generosity goes a long way with me. I’m a customer for life. Hence the uhook purchase yesterday and all the ones to come!

To be clear. After trying the jhook, there is no way I could be without one. I would have purchased another even without the replacement coming. It’s that effing good

Thank you GVB and fc for introducing me to that awesome person

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
That 6 inch purple jhook from the last drop produces the coolest vapor I’ve ever had. Even cooler than my water pieces. I can’t imagine wtf the uhook will be like. STOKED

I was torn about sharing this as I didn’t want someone to take it the wrong way as far as the quality of GVB glass but here it goes… my dumbass sheered off a cooling spike on my first cleaning because I was WAY too aggressive although it was my “normal” cleaning procedure. I reached out to ask if it’s something he has seen before and immediately I got a response saying he’s going to re make it for me and no worries. Next day I had a picture and a tracking number. Are you kidding me? Man I feel special and extremely grateful.

That kind of generosity goes a long way with me. I’m a customer for life. Hence the uhook purchase yesterday and all the ones to come!

To be clear. After trying the jhook, there is no way I could be without one. I would have purchased another even without the replacement coming. It’s that effing good

Thank you GVB and fc for introducing me to that awesome person
Top notch customer service from GVB. Had a BAKx stem break upon first insertion. Reached out to GVB immediately and he had a return label for me within hours, with an offer for full refund. Instead of a refund I went with two u-hooks and a 18mm giraffe. Thick glass on all, excellent work. I have to look away on most drops now before the u-hooks become my new obsession.

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Got it. I like it. It’s thick and feels well made. Nice in the hand. I just stopped by the house to get it so I’m using it with the tempest for now. I’ve only put one bowl through it. I’m debating if I should pull and clear it or just keep ripping since I only get 2-3 hits.
I think it would be great for a one hit extraction.
It’s very free flowing. Straight hollow. I think it will be perfect for the Screwball.
I’m looking forward to experimenting more with how to run it.

If I had to come up with one complaint it’s the mouth piece. I don’t like it as much as I thought. It’s round and feels like it would be more comfortable oval. That’s a nitpick if anything. No complaints.

nicknobody

Got it. I like it. It’s thick and feels well made. Nice in the hand. I just stopped by the house to get it so I’m using it with the tempest for now. I’ve only put one bowl through it. I’m debating if I should pull and clear it or just keep ripping since I only get 2-3 hits.
It’s very free flowing. Straight hollow. I think it will be perfect for the Screwball.

If I had to come up with one complaint it’s the mouth piece. I don’t like it as much as I thought. It’s round and feels like it would be more comfortable oval. That’s a nitpick if anything. No complaints.

Beautiful hook man! Thanks your sharing. I wasn’t aware of that company before you posted about it. Thank you. I love to use a hook. I get that glass rig feel and cooling but way less fuss and cleanup without the water.

I like you’re tempest setup too. Sorry a bit off topic but what wpa do you have in that photo? Thanks

LordOfTheVapes

That looks way bigger than I thought it would be for some reason... I'm really interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this j-hook as I've been eyeing it for a bit now. I'm especially interested on what else you would change about it to improve the experience, like the oval mouth piece you mentioned. Is that mouthpiece annoying at all with the raised inner ring?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

damn - I was looking at that last night too... grr...

ApparentlyStoned

Beautiful hook man! Thanks your sharing. I wasn’t aware of that company before you posted about it. Thank you. I love to use a hook. I get that glass rig feel and cooling but way less fuss and cleanup without the water.

I like your tempest setup too. Sorry a bit off topic but what wpa do you have in that photo? Thanks
I found it googling j hooks and came here to ask and it was already posted. 😆
Thank you.
It was from a seller on Etsy but I just went to get a link and it’s saying they’re not selling on Etsy now. 🤨
It’s was a seller named DynaboxPl and it’s a titanium 14mm. I wonder if they’re still selling it somewhere. 🤔
Edit: I wanted to add that I filed four little grooves in the top of the wpa to fit the corresponding fins on the tempest. To prevent it from spinning.
Without the notches it would sit higher and the fins would be visible. Just incase anyone gets one and is confused why it looks different.
That looks way bigger than I thought it would be for some reason... I'm really interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this j-hook as I've been eyeing it for a bit now. I'm especially interested on what else you would change about it to improve the experience, like the oval mouth piece you mentioned. Is that mouthpiece annoying at all with the raised inner ring?

Interesting. It’s a little smaller than I expected!
I’ll get some more use out of it and look for more pros and cons.
So far I think that’s it. Maybe a wider base. I might look into 3d printing one. It will stand up but would fall if you bumped the table.
The mouthpeice was a little weird but after a couple times I’m getting used to it. My lips fit in the little angle and create a seal. It’s just a little unnatural. I’m about to run the Screwball though it now.

damn - I was looking at that last night too... grr...
If you want one order it now! It took a damn month to ship. It did say it could take 3-4 weeks if it needed to be made but I figured it was in stock because it was on sale. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s absolutely stellar with the screwball. The airflow is perfect. You can draw as fast as you want. You can easily clear it by continuing your draw after you take the heater off. Just a direct to lung draw.
Warm on the vaper but not hot by any means. Great flavor. The flavor really came through.
I ripped three bowls back to back and the glass never got too hot to hold.
Probably averaging 5 hits a bowl.
Comfortable to hold and use with a ball vape. Bowl is in view but not close enough to feel the heat on your face.

I’m pretty happy with it now. The mouthpiece is less of an issue than I thought. Overall a joy to use.
This is just a three bowl opinion so I want to test it more. I really want to.
I usually only break out the screwball at night but I’m going to rip a couple bowls in the morning.

Only con is don’t stand it up unless you won’t be around it or you have an extra.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I like that but I don’t smoke so I’d like to find an 18mm version. I really wonder if they could make a custom one. 🤔

I want something like that but with the bowl end shaped to fit the screwball head. 🔥🔥🔥
Did you happen to catch this post from a couple of months ago? His work certainly isn't as fancy, polished and precise as Sky's scientific stuff, but you probably could get something sized and somewhat shaped the way you need or want?:

I searched and scoured pretty much all my google hits sites for hammers, j-hooks and sherlocks a few weeks ago... took days. Many sherlocks looked similar to the Sky one but virtually NONE had a gg joint.... very few hammers. too.

ApparentlyStoned

Did you happen to catch this post from a couple of months ago? His work certainly isn't as fancy, polished and precise as Sky's scientific stuff, but you probably could get something sized and somewhat shaped the way you need or want?:

I searched and scoured pretty much all my google hits sites for hammers, j-hooks and sherlocks a few weeks ago... took days. Many sherlocks looked similar to the Sky one but virtually NONE had a gg joint.... very few hammers. too.
I’ll look into it. The glass pass link didn’t go to his page. I wonder if he has an instagram. One with a 18mm joint where the screwball bowl can seat fully would be great to.

ApparentlyStoned,
Top Bottom