The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

hypnos

I've had a walnut HydroBrick Maxx for a while, and recently started using it again. However, the draw seems a lot more restricted than what I remember. I've cleaned the screen and the bowl area with sparing amounts of iso and cotton swabs, but that didn't seem to help. Could it be that the wooden channel between the bowl and the 18mm attachment is clogged? If so, would using pipe cleaners for their original purpose work? I tried using this thing that came with my whipped cream dispenser (I figured since it was flexible and bristly, it would work the same), but it's not quite flexible enough to go through the channel.

hypnos,

YayVap

Hi @hypnos what I do when mine gets clogged is take whatever I have (coathanger, pipe cleaner, actual poker, etc) and push it through the bottom hole (carb hole) a few times and I'm golden. My channel is straight and whatever I use goes right through . I can tell when I don't get a good hit the screen or air path or both are clogged. Good luck.

ilsasta

I've had a walnut HydroBrick Maxx for a while, and recently started using it again. However, the draw seems a lot more restricted than what I remember. I've cleaned the screen and the bowl area with sparing amounts of iso and cotton swabs, but that didn't seem to help. Could it be that the wooden channel between the bowl and the 18mm attachment is clogged? If so, would using pipe cleaners for their original purpose work? I tried using this thing that came with my whipped cream dispenser (I figured since it was flexible and bristly, it would work the same), but it's not quite flexible enough to go through the channel.

I would suggest you using hot water and cotton swab rather than ISO, wood is porous and it can penetrate. ;)

disGRUNTled

05914178-229c-4146-bc8d-12ccdb4a4853.jpg

7f0ddb26-9fb6-4ebd-b7cb-ea72a4e7b810.jpg

dron19

On these vapes, is there wood in the vapor path? or just the glass stem?

dron19,

JacoboP

I'm curious why this device is only available in wood imo all the wood is for looks wouldnt a 18 mm male adapter with a screen pinch and a intake with a gong female end make it all glass path and easier to clean if you accidentally combust literally I don't understand why no one has thought of just a flame intake with a gong instead of the silicone rings I really hate silicone and any plastic in a device and the wood seems it would hold onto carbon if accidentally combust and harder to clean we all know about wand hash what's happening inside the wood?

I also tried to have a local blower make my idea and he insisted the flame intake would break I have dealt with glass and high temp torches for years its literally not a problem unless direct heat to a cold glass tube causes heat stress and fractures even then. Flame intake would be a less than 20$ replacement part if you did break it on accident

So a flame intake with a gong port, a j hook and a male on male adapter with a screen pinch or crevice (like the ssv wand) t to hold your herb
a glass joint in the end of a flame intake

Last edited by a moderator:
JacoboP,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm curious why this device is only available in wood imo all the wood is for looks wouldnt a 18 mm male adapter with a screen pinch and a intake with a gong female end make it all glass path and easier to clean if you accidentally combust literally I don't understand why no one has thought of just a flame intake with a gong instead of the silicone rings I really hate silicone and any plastic in a device and the wood seems it would hold onto carbon if accidentally combust and harder to clean we all know about wand hash what's happening inside the wood?

I also tried to have a local blower make my idea and he insisted the flame intake would break I have dealt with glass and high temp torches for years its literally not a problem unless direct heat to a cold glass tube causes heat stress and fractures even then. Flame intake would be a less than 20$ replacement part if you did break it on accident

So a flame intake with a gong port, a j hook and a male on male adapter with a screen pinch or crevice (like the ssv wand) t to hold your herb
a glass joint in the end of a flame intake
It sounds like you have your own idea for a butane vaporizer, and it could be interesting. I encourage you to pursue that dream further!

I personally love the wooden aesthetic of the Sticky Brick vapes. It is pleasing aesthetically and it is very durable as well. I’ve been using my OG Brick for three and a half years and it is still in great shape.

Buy a Brick to use while you develop your own idea, it will help with the research process. You’ll probably find a lot of things you like and maybe a couple things you would do differently.

Gigsabits53

Thinking of picking up a Maxx - I hear it’s more easy to combust in than the OG though, is this true?
I dont have the OG but it is definitely easy to combust in the Hydrobrick, at first. Once you get the hang of it with the torch it shouldnt be a problem. They do have the resistor discs now that are supposed to help with that. I dont have one of those either but I hear they help. I think they ship with every vape now, though I not 100% sure of that.

Vapor4me

Don't have an OG, but since my order for the restrictor discs came in, combustion has never been on the map.

nonamekevin

thank you - doesn’t the restrictor disc...restrict the vapour output?

I love the Maxx but I love kickin it OG!
The name "restrictor disk" can be misleading in my opinion.

The disk simply delays combustion. Imagine a baseball pitcher trying to strike out a batter, and you're the batter. And imagine that if the ball gets past you, that's the same as combustion. Without the disk, you're trying to prevent combustion and get on base against a pro pitcher throwing 90mph+; you only have a limited amount of time to swing before the ball gets past you.

What would make it easier to get that base hit, or home run? A slower pitcher! That's what the restrictor disk does. It doesn't prevent combustion. You can still strike out with the disk in! It simply allows you to ride the bowl longer, taking whatever kind of hit you want easier. You want to take a little sip, or you want to smash the full bowl, the disk delays vapor production.

With or without the disk, the possibility of combustion is always there, just like any vape. Vapor production is based on material used, not disk in/out. :rockon:

P. S. - I realize my baseball analogy is easier to understand for those in the states. If it doesn't make sense, I could come up with a cricket or futbol example if needed. :goon::D:leaf:

grogazola

I enjoy béisbol. I see what you’re saying. But wouldn’t Jose Canseco or Mark McGwire argue with needing a slower pitcher lol?

Imagine if the majors said, screw it, we’re allowing all steroids AND we’re moving all the walls back 200 feet.

I have an OG in my cart right now because it looks beyond milky. I really want a Maxx but I haven’t found a solid comparison between both besides “Maxx is a better value” which is great!

OG looks to have a wider longer mouthpiece (aka more precise airflow?) this could make all the difference as I enjoy high temp vaping for pain relief

I find my volcano classic to be really harsh at high temps...

Last edited:

nonamekevin

I enjoy béisbol. I see what you’re saying. But wouldn’t Jose Canseco or Mark McGwire argue with needing a slower pitcher lol?

Imagine if the majors said, screw it, we’re allowing all steroids AND we’re moving all the walls back 200 feet.

Yea, but they didn't start their careers by cranking out home runs. It took many years of hard work and steroids to get to that consistent home run production. Once they got to that level, slow pitch, fast pitch, curveball, doesn't matter.

The disk will make it easier to hit home runs consistently. After perfecting the brick with the disk, you could always take it out the disk for maximum speed. I leave it in all the time, because consistency is king, and even with the disk in, bricks are the fastest vape I've ever used. :rockon:

grogazola

I think I’m sold on the OG - it’s the flagship.

I’m still worried about technique - @nonamekevin, I tried re-watching one of your videos, do you find that you’re putting the flame inside the tube? ...or are you simply aiming to heat the air around the ‘opening’ of the intake?

does your device taste like butane if you run it without any flower?

grogazola,

nonamekevin

I’m still worried about technique - @nonamekevin, I tried re-watching one of your videos, do you find that you’re putting the flame inside the tube? ...or are you simply aiming to heat the air around the ‘opening’ of the intake?

I'm a big fan of using a multi flame torch with my bricks. I turn the flame up also, so that the heat from the flame fills the intake completely

Start with the larger, lighter blue flame outside of the flame intake, pointing into it. When drawing, find the spot in the intake that makes the intake sound like a turbo "whirl", and hold there. Because I use a triple flame and start so far outside of the intake, once I find that sweet spot, I'll hold it there and push the flame into the intake very slightly. Once the vapor density is where I want it, I hold there and increase my draw speed. I can tell when I'm getting close to combustion, so once the signs are there, I'll back the flame away a little until I've had the hit I want.

Just like anything, the more time you put into something, the better you will be. I've used the runt daily for about 10 months, multiple bowls a day, so I've scorched/combusted my fair share. I still scorch every so often because I push the bowl to its furthest. I rarely combust in the runt. :rockon:

Ive never run the brick without herb in it, just to see if I can taste the butane. When the herb won't produce anymore vapor, you taste warm/hot air, maybe a little bit of the wood species. I would change the lighter out if you taste butane, cause you aren't getting a complete burn from your torch.

Coal Cracker

I use a single flame(same as the 1 that comes with it), and turn it up high to a long flame. Medium to fast pace on inhaling. Start with the tip of the light blue flame, and move it closer when u hear the flame sucking down the tube. When u feel the tickle in the back of your throat or see the vapor in the mouthpiece, back off the flame. All while holding the carb hole. But when u remove the flame, play with the carb hole, moving your finger on & off of it, while still inhaling. You might prefer the bent intake stem over the straight.

PapaEmeritusCDXX

Microtonal Banana
I recently got a hydrobrick during 4/20 and holy shit, I am ripped by the time the bowl turns light tan. A blazer torch is a little overkill for this, but does the job well.

I want to use trates with this, so I tried the pad. didn't get much luck with that, but got ripped anyways even with minimal vapor. I mixed wax with herb? 20/10, bowls just seem to go on and on and on.

I am pissed I didn't order the Hydro before the Jrs I had. Better late than never.

Coustu

Dude they’re all nice but that Hydrobrick is a gem for sure! He’s to combust. Hard to even hotspot! And monster rips! Was thinking about getting the OG too but it probably is pretty close to Hydrobrick with dry mouthpiece experience.

Coustu

Ok to all my VAS sufferers, my question is for all of you with an OG AND a Max, do you still use your OG for dry flavor hits? Or do you use Max with dry MP? I ask because I LOVE massive hits from my hydro tube (VXL Calyx) but something in me wants an OG but if the experience is same between the two devices, I’ll pass, and buy a double perc China Glass hydrotube or something.

Top Bottom