The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
OG is easier to reload and dump with how the bowl part can be removed.
OG and Maxx are pretty much identical hit wise when using dry mouthpiece
i hardly use my Maxx anymore as I prefer dry hits so I use OG mostly. And now WITH restrict or disk and straight intake
I preheat the intake with lighter for a few seconds before first hit

for water hits I prefer to use the runt or Junior with adapter or sticky bubbler
l have actually never used my Maxx with a proper hydro tube setup, so I should probably try that sometime!

also I find using a fine mesh screen ( mighty/crafty oven) works wonders to keep the vapor path cleaner

Coustu

That’s funny. I got my max about 4/20 and I’m just getting around to using a hydro tube myself. Been loving the dry MP! But the hydrotube adds another dimension. Allows me to clear a bowl in a couple hits when with dry hits I seem to get many many more hits for some reason. Anyway, I went on and ordered the OG ...of course. Cause it was on a good sale at $143. VAS is a hell of a drug!

Drug

In my search for a new vape I was pointed towards this device (the regular HydroBrick). I'm still on the fence and have some questions regarding size and weight. i couldn't find any info on its dimensions and weight at all, so if anyone owning one could give me this info it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also it's been a while since I water-filtered through glass (I use a small ti bong currently). I still have a hydratube lying around from when I had a Cloud Evo but it looks pretty nasty from build-up and I remember I couldn't get it properly cleaned, so I would be looking to add some new glass. The HydroBrick has been around for a couple of years, so I wonder if there's perhaps a selection of community favorite glass pieces to pair with it? Or do's or don'ts concerning for example the percolator?

Alexis

In my search for a new vape I was pointed towards this device (the regular HydroBrick). I'm still on the fence and have some questions regarding size and weight. i couldn't find any info on its dimensions and weight at all, so if anyone owning one could give me this info it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also it's been a while since I water-filtered through glass (I use a small ti bong currently). I still have a hydratube lying around from when I had a Cloud Evo but it looks pretty nasty from build-up and I remember I couldn't get it properly cleaned, so I would be looking to add some new glass. The HydroBrick has been around for a couple of years, so I wonder if there's perhaps a selection of community favorite glass pieces to pair with it? Or do's or don'ts concerning for example the percolator?
Yes those EVO hydratubes- DEFINITELY not the easiest glass pieces to fully clean.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

With a hydrotube is often my preferred method of using my Hydrobrick Maxx

This particular hydrotube is a DHGate special, lol. Zero problems keeping it clean though.
Of course, these days I put cranberry extract into all my water. Now I just rinse it out daily and it stays clean.

IMG-2070.jpg

Drug

This particular hydrotube is a DHGate special, lol. Zero problems keeping it clean though.
Of course, these days I put cranberry extract into all my water. Now I just rinse it out daily and it stays clean.

IMG-2070.jpg
Cool! If I decide to go the HydroBrick route I'll try and clean my hydrotube, or look for a cheap similar piece of glass.

I also came across two recycler hydrotube imitations (one -pictured below- a lot more expensive and in a slightly different design than the other).

PG5132.jpg

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker

IMG-2070.jpg
I have the same maxx, and am literally waiting for that hydratube from dhgate to arrive at the moment :love:

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Cool! If I decide to go the HydroBrick route I'll try and clean my hydrotube, or look for a cheap similar piece of glass.

I also came across two recycler hydrotube imitations (one -pictured below- a lot more expensive and in a slightly different design than the other).

PG5132.jpg
I have that hydrotube, either from Yinming or Stevens on DHgate. Doesn't function for crap, leaked into the brick, and didn't get my face far enough from the flame intake. I'd trust the one Kenny sells, but not another one from China. The hydrotube I'm using now is this guy, which is the best I've found so far.

gingerbier,
Reactions: Drug

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

PG5132.jpg

I've seen that one, and was considering getting it.

I have the same maxx, and am literally waiting for that hydratube from dhgate to arrive at the moment :love:

I like it enough that I purchased it a second time after I broke the first one. Let us know what you think, once you've received it.

I have that hydrotube, either from Yinming or Stevens on DHgate. Doesn't function for crap, leaked into the brick, and didn't get my face far enough from the flame intake. I'd trust the one Kenny sells, but not another one from China. The hydrotube I'm using now is this guy, which is the best I've found so far.

Thanks for the opinion, as I'd been considering ordering this one. It doesn't have the second chamber at the bottom to catch any drips that make it down, like the one I have in the image I posted above has...and some liquid often makes it down there, even if it's only a little bit...but it never makes it down into my Brick.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Drug

shopdognyc

problem is i haven't seen it available in a long time

shopdognyc,

Drug

Thanks for the heads up, don't need leakage. Popular Glass sell that piece you mentioned over at their own site now. I like the look of it.

@shopdognyc they moved to their own site, you can find this piece here.

shopdognyc

thanks looks a little different but will look around

think maybe its

shopdognyc,

DingoGlittering

Wow... ordered my Maxx from PIU on Mon 1/18 @ 1:30 pm and it arrived today Wed 1/20 and I'm puffing on it less than 48 hours later. Still waiting for premium butane and torch in the mail, so filled up my honest with some blank butane canister I had laying around. This thing rips and is no joke. Only hit it dry so far and using the restrictor disk for now since it's my first SB and first butane vape. Can't believe there are only 29 pages in the forum, catching up now currently on page 24 and posts are still from 2017??

Ripstar

Wow... ordered my Maxx from PIU on Mon 1/18 @ 1:30 pm and it arrived today Wed 1/20 and I'm puffing on it less than 48 hours later. Still waiting for premium butane and torch in the mail, so filled up my honest with some blank butane canister I had laying around. This thing rips and is no joke. Only hit it dry so far and using the restrictor disk for now since it's my first SB and first butane vape. Can't believe there are only 29 pages in the forum, catching up now currently on page 24 and posts are still from 2017??
Enjoy, I LOVE my MAXX. The reason for so few pages is because each brick has it's own thread

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Puffitup is by far the best. And yeah the maxx RIPS.

DingoGlittering

Enjoy, I LOVE my MAXX. The reason for so few pages is because each brick has it's own thread
Still, the Maxx was a no brainier for me, seems like the Cadillac of the lineup and has been out for years so I figured there'd be more. Is it worth reading through any of the other SB threads?

Does anyone know of any active discount codes for stickybricklabs.com? I think I would like to order another device and I would prefer to order direct from the manufacturer, but it is hard to pass up some of the discounts I am seeing elsewhere...

DingoGlittering,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
xp44jpode1e61.jpg65yvxsode1e61.jpg

This is how I've set up my maxx and how I generally like it the best. I prefer smaller mouthpieces (rather than the bong-ish didgeridoo/trumpet style) and figured out a short while ago that my dreamwood combi mouthpiece fits into the glass mouthpiece nicely. I call it the swan.

//edit: you can't see it in the photos but because that dreamwood mouthpiece has an o-ring it actually creates a perfect seal and almost locks into place, no wobbling.

Last edited:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
View attachment 5611View attachment 5612

This is how I've set up my maxx and how I generally like it the best. I prefer smaller mouthpieces (rather than the bong-ish didgeridoo/trumpet style) and figured out a short while ago that my dreamwood combi mouthpiece fits into the glass mouthpiece nicely. I call it the swan.

Nice pics and I see some other fantastic vapes in the background, I really like your setup! I have one Bubbler with a trumpet-style mouthpiece but also like my other Glass with the smaller mouthpiece much more.

coolbreeze

Best vape ever.

Probably get higher off my Elev8r or Buddha--maybe even get better taste--and they're both plenty fun to use, but somehow neither satisfy quite like the ritual setup and slow roast of a bowl through whichever Hydrobrick configuration the day demands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom