The HI

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Got an email the other day from Alan, says he hopes to have my couplea units ready soon!!! Am so stoked to get em, ohhhhh I can only imagine what the Afzelia Burl and Sindora Burl finished up like, oh I am anxious!

Thanks Alan!

Hey you ever do any trade-shows or anything like em Alan?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hahahhahaa thanks VH, I cant freaking wait!!! Seems I may have just landed myself on another waiting list to beta the hot pod!

CHIDOY

BEAUTIFUL stuff Elluzion and OTA....
ED! Your HI's might be the most anticipated HI in the galaxy! I know Alan will amaze us all!! CANT WAIT!!! :popcorn:

CHIDOY,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I'm loving the HI! I haven't touched my Zap since I got it. My VV ps for the zap was broken on arrival and I guess it wasn't meant to be, so I got HI instead. ;)

... The glass nipple also doesn't mate very well with the UD's heater port because of this, however Alan's GonG stem functions very similar with the HI and UD.

Thanks OhTheAgony, I was wondering if the GonG stem would work with the UD. Might be about time I email Alan and pick up a couple :)

Rename Rev Ye Us,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony - You just came up with another way to use the stainless steel tips. They are intended to be used with the herb in the long end, but they can be used either way. The longer tip will be the easier one to remove for screen maintenance. You may not need to take it completely apart for cleaning. The entire tip could also be soaked/cleaned with alcohol.
I like to stir between hits as well. The longer tip allows room to fluff the herb between hits. The glass nipple provides a little extra space for stirring too.

u bwade wunner - Thanks. The bell and ring core is working much better. Working to get back to your name on the list again.

Elluzion - Glad to see your HI arrived safely. Thanks for posting the video. Jeb-HI is working well. Love the new glass. Looks like some potent herb. Sorry to hear about your VVPS. I'm sure it will be resolved quickly. Stay HI in the meantime.

Ed - I have never done a trade show. Would love to do it if I ever have the time. I did attend an AAW symposium a few years back. I was totally blown away by some of the wood turning and wood turners I saw. Amazing selections of wood for sale. Looking forward to creating you some wooden jewels.

everyusername - Would be happy to fix you up with some glass stems. Shoot me an email and we can arrange it.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You're welcome Every. Be warned that it isn't a tight fit though. The play is less then a mm, but don't expect a tight seal like with the silicon.

Haha, did I Alan?

It just seemed to make more sense to me to use it like this.

I've tried it the other way around later but the HI doesn't seem to produce enough heat to do a bowl that long (I filled it to the brim when I tried it but very little got vaporized, from what you wrote about the stirring I gather that I probably put to much in there though, so I'll have to give it another go). The draw also became very restrictive with a load that size.
The smaller end seems of a perfect length for me though, and it seems I'd even be able to combust with it if I take a really long draw at 11,8V or higher. I haven't so far, but I have seen some black spots.

I did a first quick ISO soak of the stem and tip yesterday without taking the SS nipple apart and I got most of the debris out of the screens. But ime a few bits always get stuck at the edges eventually, I see this build up on screen edges with all my vaporizer stems btw. So it's nice to be able to remove screens to give them a thorough brushing with a toothbrush around every third cleaning or so :tup:

I also took out the screen of the GonG stem. It was a bit pointless to have it in there since I'm only using it with the SS tip at the moment. It got a lot of wand hash build up and it got clogged after a good day of heavy testing already. I hope this means I can clean it every other day or so now instead of every day.

Can you guys tell me a little more about how you use the glass nipple and why you like it so much perhaps? Because I tried it again and couldn't really get them to work. At this point I just have no use for them. Perhaps I need to try a higher voltage? My HI might be one of the cooler ones with it's 22ohm resistance, idk. How much of the nipple do you guys fill, and do you pack your load or not?

I also tried the HI with my modded UD stem a few times now, but I do notice a significant difference in heat retention compared to my UD when using it with the same stem and bowl-load. The UD retains a lot more heat than the HI, probably due to the difference in mass in heater cores? But with smaller loads it isn't that noticeable and the SS nipples still produce a few impressively dense bong hits, which make the HI my daytime vape now and my UD my heavy hitting night time vape. Always nice to have options :haw:

I can't wait to see how those pieces Ed send to Alan end up looking btw, it really looked like something special should be in there.

OhTheAgony,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed - I have never done a trade show. Would love to do it if I ever have the time. I did attend an AAW symposium a few years back. I was totally blown away by some of the wood turning and wood turners I saw. Amazing selections of wood for sale. Looking forward to creating you some wooden jewels..

I bet the AAW show was bad ass, I would have been in hog heaven there! Hey book a flight and come do the CHAMPS Show with me Aug. 21-23, they have the glass games where only the best artist create and are judged during the show. They have so many vendors there, all great folks. Met Randy from Puffitup and Andy from EpicVape. I know you would make some great connections out there, I did! Got a suite booked for two nights at the Tuscany, My gal from CHAMPS comped one of my nights, there is a check waiting for me at the check in desk, and only a block off the strip. GLOW Industries always throws private parties with open bars. A time or two back they had it in the Playboy suite at the Palms!

Book a flight bro, make it happen!

Ed's TnT,

PB88123

Vaporist
Can you guys tell me a little more about how you use the glass nipple and why you like it so much perhaps? Because I tried it again and couldn't really get them to work. At this point I just have no use for them. Perhaps I need to try a higher voltage? My HI might be one of the cooler ones with it's 22ohm resistance, idk. How much of the nipple do you guys fill, and do you pack your load or not?

You may have to try with a higher voltage. I just put the HI core up to the glass nipple and do a semi slow inhale. It's a white out a second later. I got 3 hits (5 or so seconds a hit) off this. I don't pack it down. I like it because I can rest the HI core against it and not worry about blackening the herb due to getting too close to the herb.

V4Kt4.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony - Sounds like you are getting things figured out. Good air flow is definitely the key. I give the nipple a stir after each hit. The draw can be a lot slower with the nipple. Keep it straight in line with the center tube for the best seal. I have found that some herb doesn't work as well as others in the nipple. More potent herb seems to work better for me. Some herb needs the full seal of the silicone.
When roasting with the SS tip, I always start just at the entrance to the center tube and use the marshmallow method. That will give the best flavor. Near the end of the roast, I will place the SS tip all the way into the HI center tube. The HI is not really meant to be used like a traditional log vaporizer where the stem stays in the core the entire time. It is more like a hot air lighter.

Ed - CHAMPS sounds very tempting. I would have to drive as I am boycotting the airlines until the TSA is abolished. Will have to see how things look when it gets closer. Thanks for the invite.

PB88123 - Thanks for posting the photo. I will have to give that configuration a try. I have been using the nipple in the silicone sleeve with a 10mm glass mouthpiece tube. So many different combinations. Fun trying them all.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for the tips guys :tup:

I got my glass nipple working properly now, I was over stuffing it way to much, lol

I still prefer the SS nipple though, even though it does restrain the airflow a bit and the glass nipple is easier to stir. It gives me denser, tastier clouds, probably because it makes a better seal with the HI than the glass nipple. But I also really like the fact that the small bowl allows me to have many of them per day without having to use an awful lot of weed. Can anyone tell me if the bowl size of the smaller end of the SS nipple is similar to the CRZ/PD perhaps? I'd really like to get my hands on one of the SS CRZ stems to give it a try someday. Even if it's just to know how it feels to using them after reading so much about 'm.

I wish all log-vape makers would use the same size inner tubing in their core so I could use my fav stems with all of them.

OhTheAgony,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Nice cloud man :tup:

Can't wait to see that picture, me thinks the image may have to do with 'other factors', haha.

What stem configuration were you using in that video?

Thanks Bwade! Like I said though, it was just a first impression so far.

Haha, no I am being serious about the picture though. It honestly freaked me out when I realized what I was seeing. I am hoping my camera will be able to catch what I see because it is crazy.

I was using a 18>14 adapter and put an all glass 2.5'' turbo tube into that. I would pull the turbo tube to clear the glass and it was super easy to use.

My current issue is that it is so easy and fun to use that I am playing with it a few times a day, and hence getting super HI. It's a fun ride..

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, I've been doing a lot of bakin' myself the last few days :lol:

Do you prefer the GonG stem plain, without anything else attached to it I mean?

I've been playing with the glass nipple some more and added a short silicon sleeve to make a better seal with the HI, I like it much better this way. Not sure if it's all that visible, but here's a picture:

minip1010894.jpg

It's just a standard glass stem with nipple, with another piece of silicon over the nipple end just long enough to slide over the heater port as well.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was playing around with my stems some more today and noticed that my spare glass nipple looks a bit smoother/more evenly rounded than the one I was using so far. So I gave it a shot without any extra silicon sleeving and it worked great actually. So it seems like my one nipple is just off a bit, dislike retracted :tup:

This one also mates well with my UD btw, so I'm afraid I spread wrong info in my initial trial post thingie. Unfortunately I can't edit the post anymore :(

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I was playing around with my stems some more today and noticed that my spare glass nipple looks a bit smoother/more evenly rounded than the one I was using so far. So I gave it a shot without any extra silicon sleeving and it worked great actually. So it seems like my one nipple is just off a bit, dislike retracted :tup:

This one also mates well with my UD btw, so I'm afraid I spread wrong info in my initial trial post thingie. Unfortunately I can't edit the post anymore :(

Sorry about the misshapen nipple. I will need to watch a bit closer when making them.
Glad to hear you are liking the nipples now and it is also working on the UD. I also like your modification with a bit of silicone past the nipple to provide a seal. I do something very similar with my 3/8" stainless roasting bowls. They have a silicone sleeve to align it with the HI center tube and to provide a seal. The roasting all takes place within stainless steel. So many different ways to roast.

Elluzion - Glad you are having fun playing with your HI.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm just glad I thought of ordering a spare nipple now :tup:

I tried copying one of Boobs bowls last night with a bit of green, some Moroccan hash and a few scoops of kief (sorry bro, I was all out of oil, I'll try to do better next time), and at one point I felt my face was starting to melt of my skull, lol. That sure was a first for me. It didn't stop me from finishing it in one sitting though :brow:

It does present me with a problem however: what to put in there today to top that? :haw:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OKcomputer - Glad to hear it is staying cloudy at your house.

OhTheAgony - Nice to hear of your face melting session. Wish I had access to that kind of stuff. Glad you are enjoying the nipple.

Ezi - This is my first try at cocobolo. Hoping it will work out.

stickstones - It is nice to hear that bOObs HIwalker is teaching some new HIsaber moves. Have a fun time practicing.

Thanks CHIDOY. Here is another one still on the lathe. The wood is Ziricote.

lathehi.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, it was a lot of fun. So much so that I couldn't resist getting some more hash today :brow:

I'd send you some if only they'd let me :(

Nice looking piece of wood, I don't think I've ever heard of that species before.

Is it standard that the wood is only connected to a lathe on one end with the more modern machines btw? When I learned to use one myself (this was over 20 years ago) they all used a system that held the wood from two ends, with the wood you were working on spinning in the middle.

Top Bottom