• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

jivebuggered

Thank You!
Sorry a bit off topic but was wondering if the "engineer" (or anyone) will now produce a new model vap with halogen heating and fan assist FOR AUSTRALIAN & EUROPEAN markets??. I "nagged" herbalizer for so long regarding a European power model that they just ignored me in the end. I said among other points that the question had to be asked how long could they last with just supplying the American and Canadian markets?. Well who are the fool`s now then?? Wankers!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sorry a bit off topic but was wondering if the "engineer" (or anyone) will now produce a new model vap with halogen heating and fan assist FOR AUSTRALIAN & EUROPEAN markets??. I "nagged" herbalizer for so long regarding a European power model that they just ignored me in the end. I said among other points that the question had to be asked how long could they last with just supplying the American and Canadian markets?. Well who are the fool`s now then?? Wankers!

Calling them fools and wankers doesn't advance the discussion, doesn't reflect well on you, and breaks our Be Nice rule. No warning point this time, but please put more thought into what you post and show more respect in the future.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Vitolo

fishkid

@jivebuggered Considering that S&B holds those patents and the many other challenges inherent in bringing a vape to market, I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would try to build a Herbie-like device at this point in time. You are guaranteed a patent infringement lawsuit from S&B and quite possibly one from whoever ends up owning 1Ready's intellectual property.

Just because you want something badly, doesn't mean there's a viable market or even a path to one.

fishkid,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
There's nothing special about herbalizer screens besides the diameter. Planet Vape has various mesh sizes for herbalizer screens that I've ordered in the past and they work great!

Word of advice, use a domed larger diameter screen that fits down into the flare of the bowl and it will stop the top screen from getting nearly as clogged.

MinnBobber

If we’re talking about the bowl screens I haven’t been impressed with them. They make a fine bottom screen but the top screen gets clogged way too quick and I always had much better results with screens that weren’t so tightly woven.
I didn't like the Herbie chamber, at least the top half, the top screen, removing it and taking it apart when hot or cold, etc.

That's why I use a miniVAP Flexicone + only bottom half of Herbie chamber = much better experience :)
Pic is of the two models of Herbie Song from @Ratchett 's Delta 3D Studio.

KJL2Oay.jpg

l3hSpBz.jpg
er
I use a hydratube 99% of the time with Herbie

MinnBobber,

virtualpurple

I didn't like the Herbie chamber, at least the top half, the top screen, removing it and taking it apart when hot or cold, etc.

That's why I use a miniVAP Flexicone + only bottom half of Herbie chamber = much better experience :)
Pic is of the two models of Herbie Song from @Ratchett 's Delta 3D Studio.

KJL2Oay.jpg

l3hSpBz.jpg
er
I use a hydratube 99% of the time with Herbie

I had tried the flex one method but I couldn’t replicate your success, are there different sizes of flexcones?

I have made a few mods for the herbalizer that I thought worked pretty well, it is home in Alaska while I am in Texas for the next year but I should be home for a visit this week and I’ll try to remember to take inventory and pictures in case I haven’t loaded them into the thread in the past.

virtualpurple,

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
If we’re talking about the bowl screens I haven’t been impressed with them. They make a fine bottom screen but the top screen gets clogged way too quick and I always had much better results with screens that weren’t so tightly woven.
Do you swap the top and bottom screens between each other?

IIRC the Herbie manual suggested that when the top screen starts to clog, pop it out and put it in place of the bottom screen and move the bottom screen to the top. Between following that advice and using the Storz & Bickel brushes to tidy up between bowls we got a ton of use out of a set of 2 screens before they wore out.

MinnBobber

I had tried the flex one method but I couldn’t replicate your success, are there different sizes of flexcones?
.........................................................................................
The Flexicone is technically the cone-shaped top. That is only one size.
The rimmed baskets from Hermes had 3 different sizes over time, kind of small/med/large.
They currently list medium and small.

FYI, with flexicone module sitting "open face" in bottom bowl of Herbie, a hydratube (HT) can attach directly BUT some HTs
have a more recessed entry port that does not work. I add some degummed hemp fiber to the upper Flexi too, as the glass stays 10X cleaner without any of the tiny ABV dust :)

MinnBobber,

jivebuggered

You apologize and then take it back, you call them fools again, and you argue with a moderator. Here's the point I held back the first time.
Calling them fools and wankers doesn't advance the discussion, doesn't reflect well on you, and breaks our Be Nice rule. No warning point this time, but please put more thought into what you post and show more respect in the future.

I apologize for the wankers title (even though they are) and am all for the be nice rules but the same nice rules were not forthcoming from Herbalizer saying "doesn`t reflect on me well" doesn`t make me feel to good I`m not the fool here they are. Yes I am a bit bitter I have wanted a Herbalizer for many years and now there is no way I can get one for Australia. I contacted them many times over the years about a reasonable request only to be fobbed off like some idiot well now they have gone belly up im reprimanded for saying they are fools well what are they then?? How long do you think they could have only supplied those markets?

virtualpurple

Do you swap the top and bottom screens between each other?

IIRC the Herbie manual suggested that when the top screen starts to clog, pop it out and put it in place of the bottom screen and move the bottom screen to the top. Between following that advice and using the Storz & Bickel brushes to tidy up between bowls we got a ton of use out of a set of 2 screens before they wore out.

Yup I was pretty religious about it too, bought 50 screens so I could swap or rotate but at the end of the day it was way simpler using alternative screens because it ended up being way less upkeep.

Herbalizer is a device that had incredible potential but they were pretty steadfast against suggestions for improvement.

Their herb chamber design would have worked way better as a three-piece unit. They should have had 2 chambers with top and bottom magnets and a seperate chamber with a magnet on the bottom and the portal for the whip on top. That way when a screen from one of the top chambers begins to clog the bowl could be flipped so that what was the top screen is now the bottom screen closest to the heater.

I think this would have solved a lot of problems with complaints of leakage from the herb chamber if they used more magnets or an alternative system other than the bowl with plastic threading. I have had I believe three herb chambers now and each chamber would leak vapor, it was quite disappointing as those chambers were not cheap. The silicone cool grips were kind of a joke too, as a few other people besides myself found that if the cool grips were used to remove the chamber too often or to separate the bowl that the grips would become pretty loose and lax. I know I definitely am not the only one that had to remove the chamber by grabbing the plastic top where the whip coupler connects to the chamber and use the tip to apply leverage to remove the chamber for fear of damaging the grips.

Additionally they received numerous complaints about the quality of their bag system.

Despite the criticism I have for the device I am sorry to see they closed their doors. I hope that someone will come along with a spiritual successor that offers similar functionality that has improved on the areas where Herbie ultimately fell sort.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I apologize for the wankers title (even though they are) and am all for the be nice rules but the same nice rules were not forthcoming from Herbalizer saying "doesn`t reflect on me well" doesn`t make me feel to good I`m not the fool here they are. Yes I am a bit bitter I have wanted a Herbalizer for many years and now there is no way I can get one for Australia. I contacted them many times over the years about a reasonable request only to be fobbed off like some idiot well now they have gone belly up im reprimanded for saying they are fools well what are they then?? How long do you think they could have only supplied those markets?
There are a number of companies (and there are quite a few) that won't ship to certain areas.
That is their prerogative. I sell on Ebay, but I will not ship outside the USA.
Herbalizer is gone, and discussing or ruminating on the past will not turn back the clock.
There are so many makes and models of vapes to choose from that one can surely find a satisfying solution.
Keeping an eye on the classified ads will help , if you simply need to have an Herbalizer.
While when I have something listed in the classifieds, I do not ship outside the USA or Canada except in very rare cases, someone else might.
Here are 5 places that you can check that have Herbalizers available:
  1. They say they sell "slightly" used Herbalizers at https://www.tothecloudvaporstore.com/product/used-herbalizer-vaporizer-2/#
  2. Used and some new ones can be found at https://www.vaposcan.com/compare-prices/herbalizer-vaporizer/
  3. Try https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/the-herbalizer-limited-edition
  4. This guy is selling one at https://www.ebay.com/itm/401568212137
  5. And there are a couple for sale at https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr....H0.Xherbalizer.TRS0&_nkw=herbalizer&_sacat=0
Also... now that @herbalizerrepair is here you will not have to worry about parts or service on a unit you buy.

I stopped using the bags because they aren’t very good. I am ok with using a whip.
Same here.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Vicki do you still find the vapor cool with the shorter length of whip? With the larger diameter I imagine it helps with cooling,
The larger diameter tubing heat soaks slower and has more surface area so it does cool the vapour a bit more. The bigger advantage of the larger tubing is the greatly increased airflow because it allows you to get rid of the extremely restrictive stock whip adapter.

fishkid

I happened to order a couple wifi power switches from "Etekcity" on amazon (here) and noticed that they have a configurable "power protection" mode:
osx7cEW.png

Will it work or do anything? I am not sure. But it appears to be continuous monitoring as opposed to my "every 60 seconds" script, so I'm hoping it's at least a bit more effective in a theoretical sense. Those wifi switches are around $10 - seems like cheap insurance to me.

AirMax97

Now that the herbalizer has bit the dust, what other desktop vaporizer do you guys recommend? Somebody in this thread has to have VAS! Should I just get a volcano?

I love my herbalizer. However, I do not want to keep using a product I cannot buy parts for on a conventional basis. I know there is that herbalizer repair guy...but I think he isn't allowed to post. I do need some screens to hold me over until I can get money for a volcano. I hate how quickly they screens clog. But I also hate having to cut other screens to get them to fit.

Wildeyedzan

Now that the herbalizer has bit the dust, what other desktop vaporizer do you guys recommend? Somebody in this thread has to have VAS! Should I just get a volcano?

I love my herbalizer. However, I do not want to keep using a product I cannot buy parts for on a conventional basis. I know there is that herbalizer repair guy...but I think he isn't allowed to post. I do need some screens to hold me over until I can get money for a volcano. I hate how quickly they screens clog. But I also hate having to cut other screens to get them to fit.
When taken care of screens last indefinitely . Soak in iso or some other cleaner ..all clean :)

Top Bottom