The GTR

Hagbard Celine

@Hagbard Celine looks like you’re having fun experimenting. I like these types of simple convection plugins. Interested in seeing your GTR after your name comes up. Have you thought about requesting a wooden spa from Alan?

I’m thinking of adding a wooden or cork paper paper adapter to hold paper roasting tubes. Perhaps some other things, can you enlighten me on the wooden spa?

Hagbard Celine,

Hagbard Celine

My name came up on the custom list, so going to get a GTR! I'm thinking of doing the SS 18M, given the number of injector bowls I have. I do have a ZX with some 14mm injector bowls, so the 14M could be interesting, too.

My custom build is coming up soon too…. Really excited too cuz I’m ready for a 14M to use with a bunch of the 14mm injector bowls I have aquired recently. I have just a couple 18mm bowls as well, but every time I think about using them it seems like they would hold TOO MUCH herb for my preference. Plenty of people seem to disagree with me though, and I often wonder what I’m missing out on… How much herb are those of you who prefer 18M wanting to load at once? I think the perfect amount for me is like 0.10 or 0.15 max…

coolbreeze

My custom build is coming up soon too…. Really excited too cuz I’m ready for a 14M to use with a bunch of the 14mm injector bowls I have aquired recently. I have just a couple 18mm bowls as well, but every time I think about using them it seems like they would hold TOO MUCH herb for my preference. Plenty of people seem to disagree with me though, and I often wonder what I’m missing out on… How much herb are those of you who prefer 18M wanting to load at once? I think the perfect amount for me is like 0.10 or 0.15 max…
For what it's worth, I went with 18mm female so I'd have the basket screen bowl; I've got a bunch of these in use for Piros, DLXs, etc. Should be about the size you're describing.

fropones

Honestly I couldn't say, I don't really weigh my flower. I generally put enough to cover the bottom screen, if I really want to get ripped I'll make that layer taller
For what it's worth, I went with 18mm female so I'd have the basket screen bowl; I've got a bunch of these in use for Piros, DLXs, etc. Should be about the size you're describing.
I'm hoping to pick up an iHeat, too, to use all of the Mi stems I've got

coolbreeze

Honestly I couldn't say, I don't really weigh my flower. I generally put enough to cover the bottom screen, if I really want to get ripped I'll make that layer taller

I'm hoping to pick up an iHeat, too, to use all of the Mi stems I've got
That's a good idea!

coolbreeze,

fropones

Those Mi stems could be used in a Female GTR as well though, correct? Simething to think about.

I agree with @coolbreeze that for the female version, the 18mm makes most sense.
That's true, but my brain associates the female joints as portable (Milaana, Splinter, Lamart, etc) and the male joints as desktop (all of the ball vapes), so getting the iHeat that's female and GTR that's male just made sense to me. Not to say I couldn't be convinced another way, though

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
It’s truly magnificent 😍.
I finally see what a GRT can look like in 2024!
Congratulations.

And how does it work?
Is this GRT effective?
If you used it of course.

Are all these stems made by Alan himself?
I have not vaped on it yet as I am still enjoying the iHeat that arrived along with it. I did test the heater and heat up time with some burn off cycles, and it seems very efficient going from room temps to vape temps very quickly.

Although I have several stems that Alan made, none of those pictured were made by him. I have a cigar box full of 18/19mm wood and glass stems from various artists for my devices that take this size. And several adapters from @khelek41girl that let me convert my dyna stems to this size as well. Alan also got me started with some of his paper stems which are killer, he sent plenty of supplies to help me fiddle around and perfect my technique on those when I’m house bound soon. Winter is Coming.

Happy Fish

Does anyone here own both a GTR and an underdog alpha and/or e-nano XL and/or a couchlog? I'm curious to know how you think they compare and which you favor and why.

Top Bottom