• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteSeattle

Yeah I did that earlier. Gonna do it again now. Thanks. :nod:

EDIT -- so is the seal on the lid a silicone seal or what? It stinks and taints the taste. Still haven't been able to get it out with ISO or running it on the concentrate setting. You guys really don't smell/taste any of what I'm talking about?

I just received mine.
It does give off a taste but I thought it was the diesel like quality of my flowers.
I did get clouds! I was so worried from users here having issues with it. Not even close to the Evo but like everyone reports the effects are strong.

I'll try another strain to see if the taste is there and will report back.

... ok, well, at this point I'm too blazed to notice :ko:

11eleven11

How much have you used it? It has gone away for everybody that I've talked to. Not everybody experiences/notices it, but it doesn't last.

Use the concentrate setting.

I have. I don't think the concentrate setting fixes the issue because it is not heating up the seal enough to do anything. Either I got a especially smelly seal or people are just accepting the combined smell of the unit as their herb makes a different taste to it.

11eleven11,

purplenurple24

I have. I don't think the concentrate setting fixes the issue because it is not heating up the seal enough to do anything. Either I got a especially smelly seal or people are just accepting the combined smell of the unit as their herb makes a different taste to it.

Mine was very strong when I got it. I was kinda pissed, but I figured it was normal since I had heard a couple of people mention it. I used it normally for a couple bowls and it slowly went away. My first session with concentrates, I noticed it slightly ( probably because of the higher temp) but it has completely disappeared now. My herb tastes exactly the way it should now.

How long have you ran yours for? Are you actually using it, or just running it "dry?" If you have only used it minimally, I would suggest continuing to use it. The smell/taste should eventually vanish.

EDIT: When I say a couple bowls, it was probably more like 4 or 5. I didn't keep track.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Yeah I did that earlier. Gonna do it again now. Thanks. :nod:

EDIT -- so is the seal on the lid a silicone seal or what? It stinks and taints the taste. Still haven't been able to get it out with ISO or running it on the concentrate setting. You guys really don't smell/taste any of what I'm talking about?

It's medical grade silicone. Seems like some of the lids have a smell when they're new, but not all....my blue had it but I used two black that did not. If you use it, or even just leave it out seal-side up for a day or so it seems to dissipate pretty fast.

Again you need more time...in my experience it's more about giving it some exposure to air for a period of time than usage, though a combination of both will alleviate it. Don't sweat it, it'll pass. :2c:

Stoney Baloney

Cannabis Connoisseur
I just had a mini heart attack thinking I broke my mine! I was using it with concentrates when I noticed I wan't getting much vapor, so I opened it up and saw that the concentrate pad had become loose and a little bit of the now melted wax was sitting directly at the bottom of the bowl. I turned the vape upside down without the pad and took a few hits, hoping the mixture of gravity and air suction could prevent the wax from going in any further. The vape seems to be fine now. I cleaned the vape, changed the pad, and now I'm actually getting much better results which leads me to believe the first pad was slightly faulty and wouldn't fit very well. I'm not even sure if any of the wax got in cuz I caught it pretty quick and turned it upside down, But I'm still really paranoid thinking I have damaged it and now it's functioning at less than 100%. What do you guys think? Those of you who are more familiar with what is inside, do you think I would know if something was wrong? Thanks!!

Stoney Baloney,

murf2010

I'm struggling to feel like this thing is worth the wait! I wasn't a fan of the original but I felt this was a good risk

murf2010,

HvOg

I'm not sure if it's my batteries or my FF2 that's defective, (or maybe the charger) but when I charge (on the dock) after 45 minutes the flashing blue light just shuts off...no solid blue, just nothing. Then if I take it off and use it at medium high, I'll get a flashing red light after 5-6 seconds of heat up. This happens with both batteries pretty consistently.

HvOg,

mitchgo61

I just had a mini heart attack thinking I broke my mine! I was using it with concentrates when I noticed I wan't getting much vapor, so I opened it up and saw that the concentrate pad had become loose and a little bit of the now melted wax was sitting directly at the bottom of the bowl. I turned the vape upside down without the pad and took a few hits, hoping the mixture of gravity and air suction could prevent the wax from going in any further. The vape seems to be fine now. I cleaned the vape, changed the pad, and now I'm actually getting much better results which leads me to believe the first pad was slightly faulty and wouldn't fit very well. I'm not even sure if any of the wax got in cuz I caught it pretty quick and turned it upside down, But I'm still really paranoid thinking I have damaged it and now it's functioning at less than 100%. What do you guys think? Those of you who are more familiar with what is inside, do you think I would know if something was wrong? Thanks!!

Yes, I think if anything dripped onto the heater you'd know. It would affect performance dramatically. You're likely fine.

I'm not sure if it's my batteries or my FF2 that's defective, (or maybe the charger) but when I charge (on the dock) after 45 minutes the flashing blue light just shuts off...no solid blue, just nothing. Then if I take it off and use it at medium high, I'll get a flashing red light after 5-6 seconds of heat up. This happens with both batteries pretty consistently.

I find the cradle temperemental....sometimes the contacts lose connection just sitting there. Next time take the FF off and re-seat it on the cradle and see if you don't go back to pulsing blue. Your cradle isn't completing the charge cycle, most probably because the tolerance of the contacts is causing them to lose connection ever-so slightly.

HvOg

I find the cradle temperemental....sometimes the contacts lose connection just sitting there. Next time take the FF off and re-seat it on the cradle and see if you don't go back to pulsing blue. Your cradle isn't completing the charge cycle, most probably because the tolerance of the contacts is causing them to lose connection ever-so slightly.

Thanks for the reply, yea ive tried that...if I take the unit off of the charger and then place it back on I get nothing. No flashing blue or solid blue. I just ordered the external charger (I think it's crazy this thing doesn't come with an external charger...what's the point of multiple batteries if the unit has to be on a cradle charging?) so I'll see if that solves the problem. I'm just worried I got a bum unit.

I know the battery indicator on the app is wonky, but even the triple side tap will show me 100%, then go down to 0% after a few minutes.

HvOg,
Reactions: TheHoF

vape4fun

My dream attachment for this thing is a little fan device you can attach to mouthpiece that circulated the air for the first ten seconds then take it off and start pulling and five seconds later you get a cloud. I love this thing but sometimes like after walking up tons of stairs or even walking while hitting it it's hard to breath in for 20-30 seconds!

hi_there

Last edited by a moderator:
hi_there,

Mr Mellish

Thanks to everyone for the comments regarding the cradle vs. the external charger. You have cured my VAS for the moment; I will be interested again when I can buy a device with an external charger rather than the included cradle.

mitchgo61

Thanks for the reply, yea ive tried that...if I take the unit off of the charger and then place it back on I get nothing. No flashing blue or solid blue. I just ordered the external charger (I think it's crazy this thing doesn't come with an external charger...what's the point of multiple batteries if the unit has to be on a cradle charging?) so I'll see if that solves the problem. I'm just worried I got a bum unit.

I know the battery indicator on the app is wonky, but even the triple side tap will show me 100%, then go down to 0% after a few minutes.

If you read my post a couple pages back you'll see that I mentioned the app and device will both read the same level, always....the app reads the device's battery meter and just reflects that. What you are seeing is behavior I also noted in that post....the meters can read erroneously full if the battery only gets a partial charge. Which is what is happening to your battery on the dock.

So, what's causing your cradle issues?

1. Weird battery, maybe. You replicate this with both batteries or just one?
2. Weird positioning with the cradle, though you seem to have controlled for that.
3. Bad USB transformer block. Happens more often than you think. Try a different one. If you have an ipad block, use that. Charges 2x faster than an iPhone block due to higher transformer power.
4. The FF itself....very unlikely. These battery issues seem to occur independitly from the device functionality itself.

Try both batts with a different USB block and let us know what happens.

EDIT: Reading this again makes me think you have a bad USB block....I experienced the same thing myself. Try a different one.

Don't forget you also need the FF1 AC adaptor in order to use the external charger.

Last edited:
mitchgo61,

toked23

Still like mine for sure. Not nearly as easy to use as the pax2 I have though. BUT, when she's right, which I think is my learning curve more than anything, it's fantastic...

Just loaded some new material, set it to high, waited 2-3 seconds after green light came on and took a long(12sec) pull and got a nice long flowing cloud and an amazing taste... I read someone above said something about not letting it whistle(pull slower) and it really really helped immediately. And this was a cold unit but spotless clean and very first pull...

So I was watching VapeCritics video on how to use the ff2 properly and he brought up the subject of using an air duster to unclog any clogged ff2 holes (the holes in the bottom of the bowl). I noticed that my ff2 has about 10 clogged holes because my friend accidentally added too much oil for one bowl. These are the steps I used to try to unclog those oily ff2 holes.
1. Cleaned ff2 bowl very well with a generous amt of iso (do this holding the ff2 upside down so no liquid ends up in the holes).
2. Line up air duster tube with ff2 holes as close as possible (no, the tube did not fit perfectly into the ff2 holes) and let out a couple bursts of the air duster.
3. Examine ff2 holes and become depressed when all 10ish holes are still clogged.
Am I doing something wrong, any tips on how to keep my ff2 in pristine condition?

lazypotato,
Reactions: 8weight

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I also got a call from fedex, so you got your invoice and there was no additional charges at all? Can you point me towards the exempt status of vapes so I can argue if I get charged anything?
I had called fedex back..they said it was something new they were doing. Just bc you received the call, doesn't mean you're going to be billed..they called it a courtesy call..in case they were additional charges. Seemed odd to me but I haven't paid a penny more than what I did at point of order.
I had googled it and came across a few links denoting it's duty exemption.

Vapenado,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom