The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

djchexxx

Firefly, if you're out there listening: you need to make glass concentrate pads. Please and thank you. :luv:
Maybe some glass makers can start making mini fritted discs that would fit in the FF2 chamber. I think that would be awesome and there would be some sick colors too.

djchexxx,
Reactions: Goatpig74

Kermitt

In mid-August, the FF2 should be availeble in Europe. I pre-ordered the FF2 and it is difficult for me, to wait so long :-)

I'm curious, especially how far I can get with a battery charge. Please FF2, come to me :-)

Kermitt,

Majordude2626

I have a FF2 now for about two weeks. I am usually vaping alone and really love this thing. One thing. don't care for is having to stir the bowl. To those that are using less than a full bowl with a screen, or concentrate pad on top does this alleviate having to stir the bowl?

Thanks.

I use a ss screen on top and I still have to stir. I also lost the little screen in the mouth piece, so I replaced it with same ss screen cut down to fit where the old was. The screen on top keeps a lot of material from making its way to the mouthpiece hole. It also keeps the unit a lot cleaner. I do believe I have improved air flow by swapping out the screen in the mouthpiece. I called firefly to inquire about getting a new mouth piece or mouth piece screen, but all they could tell me is that one day they will have more, and they could contact me when the magic day arrived. They have been out of docks, mouthpieces, external chargers for so long, and with them still rolling the unit out to new countries I've got a feeling it could be while before these things are available.

Majordude2626,

BabaRobDass

I have a FF2 now for about two weeks. I am usually vaping alone and really love this thing. One thing. don't care for is having to stir the bowl. To those that are using less than a full bowl with a screen, or concentrate pad on top does this alleviate having to stir the bowl?

Thanks.
For some reason I have never had to stir and always get even extraction. I use a grinder, fill slightly past bowl rim and gently tamp down. As the bowl progresses the material becomes slightly more compact and no longer fluffy, allowing me to simply tap the unit on my wrist with top on. This has never failed. ABV is always nice and brown.

Has anyone else tried this and found no need to open up to stir?

BR Ron

For some reason I have never had to stir and always get even extraction. I use a grinder, fill slightly past bowl rim and gently tamp down. As the bowl progresses the material becomes slightly more compact and no longer fluffy, allowing me to simply tap the unit on my wrist with top on. This has never failed. ABV is always nice and brown.

I'll give this a try and report back.

BR Ron,
Reactions: steama

STaX420

In mid-August, the FF2 should be availeble in Europe. I pre-ordered the FF2 and it is difficult for me, to wait so long :-)

I'm curious, especially how far I can get with a battery charge. Please FF2, come to me :-)

I pre-ordered mine too like a week ago :) the waiting is horrible :D

STaX420,
Reactions: Kermitt

NoCo970

Been lurking as a non-member reading posts for a while and decided to pop in and give my shipping timeframe so far since a lot of people seem to be curious. I ordered the BLUE on July 15th and haven't heard anything yet. When I ordered it was for August ahipping anyway so not a big deal, but just thought I would let people know since it looks like BLACK ones are shipping even before my order. I love my firefly 1 and have no problem waiting. Im not sure what I would do without it, I use mine atleast every 2hrs all day long....no way I will let it go.

I agree even with only having the Firefly 1 right now I still don't stir the bowl. ABV is usually dried up and brown. I guarantee if your running it through long enough there isn't much of anything left. Dump it out and crumble it up in your fingers, for me its super dry, not sticky, and falls right off your hand which is a very good indication it's pretty well spent.

NoCo970,

greenextinguisher

Man, I wish. I have not found a combo of grind, pack and temp that fully satisfieds me and doesn't require taking the lid off to stir.

What temp do you usually use? You tamp and grind sounds about in line with mine. I use a space case 4-piece.

It's possible I just got too into cloud chasing and maybe I should step back and take a bowl slowly to see if I can get there now that I'm settled in with the fly.

Edit: my other thought is that I should experiment with smaller draws. Mine are just massive and that may have something to do with it.

greenextinguisher,
Reactions: Supercow

Vigor

Well, I am hoping the 3rd time is the charm.

Did you receive a 3rd unit? I am very interested in your update as chemical smell or taste is a major concern. Really hopping that they fixed their materials and process.

Can anyone from a recent order batch comment on their experience?

BabaRobDass

Man, I wish. I have not found a combo of grind, pack and temp that fully satisfieds me and doesn't require taking the lid off to stir.

What temp do you usually use? You tamp and grind sounds about in line with mine. I use a space case 4-piece.

It's possible I just got too into cloud chasing and maybe I should step back and take a bowl slowly to see if I can get there now that I'm settled in with the fly.

Edit: my other thought is that I should experiment with smaller draws. Mine are just massive and that may have something to do with it.

I think you may have hit on why so many like to stir, but I haven't found it necessary to get properly medicated. Seeing a cloud is not a priority to me, though in the beginning of vaping it was. Sometimes it happens sometimes not. I can definitely see how stirring would produce a bigger cloud, but as I said, in the end, my bowl is properly browned.

Space case and SC shredder both work for me. I usually start out on low or medium low and when I'm no longer getting a buzz off that, I go to medium high or high to finish it out.

I understand the whole need to see a cloud thing though. I believe it is a very real psychological effect that is difficult to extinguish at first. This is classic conditioning for those of you who have had pretty basic psychology courses.

A person has spent years seeing clouds and pairs this with being medicated. Then finally a product comes out that delivers the same buzz but the cloud feedback is not always there and so the brain tells the user that in fact it is not "high".

I think it's just a matter of re-training the brain.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Hey folks can anyone compare this to the Haze 3? Looked online for a head to head review and never found one so if someone has both I would be curious to know.

Such a nice looking vape, that price tag though is intense.

Creeper,

Majordude2626

Hey folks can anyone compare this to the Haze 3? Looked online for a head to head review and never found one so if someone has both I would be curious to know.

Such a nice looking vape, that price tag though is intense.

Well they are totally different experiences IMO. I have both and they compliment each other well. I'd say the haze is better if you want sessions with multiple people. It works well with people that are new to vaping because you just kinda pack up a can turn it on and hit it. I tend to the use the haze first when I'm start an evening session. I'll then use the firefly to maintain.

Firefly has better flavor, and I can achieve huge cough inducing rips with it. The firefly requires more work so when I'm lazy I tend to not use it. For me it takes a 10-20 second draw to get a nice rip. Not everyone can do that right away. Some don't need to stir the firefly but I do. That being said, the firefly is great if I just want a couple of solid hits. If its ready to go you can take a couple of rips in 1 or 2 mins time, and be on your way. The haze will still just be warming up, and you can't just take a couple of rips without pulling out the can and throwing it in the cooler chamber or similar shenanigans.

I'd like to try the haze with the new water tools offered so that would change things a bit. I've not used either with concentrates but it sounds firefly has gotten rave reviews if you search the thread. Neither vape is smelly and both clean easily, but the firefly has the least amount of odor of any vape I know of. My friends that don't vape or use a pax prefer the haze in general. Hope this helps a bit.

Majordude2626,
Reactions: Creeper

turk

turk
...I haven't used my firefly for weed in weeks...IMO it's concentrates where this unit really shines...if I need to suck on something for 10 sec. Or more....I want it potent...and tasty...u may feel differently.

Reggie Watts

I understand the whole need to see a cloud thing though. I believe it is a very real psychological effect that is difficult to extinguish at first. This is classic conditioning for those of you who have had pretty basic psychology courses.

A person has spent years seeing clouds and pairs this with being medicated. Then finally a product comes out that delivers the same buzz but the cloud feedback is not always there and so the brain tells the user that in fact it is not "high".

That's an interesting Pavlovian interpretation! I never thought of it that way, but I guess clouds are the conditioned stimulus. It's not a totally arbitrary pairing, though. Sometimes stimuli can be paired arbitrarily, like the classic case of Pavlov's dogs pairing a bell sound with the anticipation of food. But in this case the pairing is non-arbitrary because exhaling a cloud does often indicate that you just inhaled something psychoactive. Of course, it is also possible to do that and not exhale a cloud - but if you do exhale a cloud, you almost certainly inhaled something other than normal air, which means it could be psychoactive. Then there are all the times you breathe normal air and don't exhale clouds. From a probabilistic perspective, the brain assumes if you're breathing clouds, you're most likely altering your consciousness. Haha :)

YungLeaner

That's an interesting Pavlovian interpretation! I never thought of it that way, but I guess clouds are the conditioned stimulus. It's not a totally arbitrary pairing, though. Sometimes stimuli can be paired arbitrarily, like the classic case of Pavlov's dogs pairing a bell sound with the anticipation of food. But in this case the pairing is non-arbitrary because exhaling a cloud does often indicate that you just inhaled something psychoactive. Of course, it is also possible to do that and not exhale a cloud - but if you do exhale a cloud, you almost certainly inhaled something other than normal air, which means it could be psychoactive. Then there are all the times you breathe normal air and don't exhale clouds. From a probabilistic perspective, the brain assumes if you're breathing clouds, you're most likely altering your consciousness. Haha :)
I really believe that there are different highs being discussed when it comes to the "do clouds get you high" discussion. I used my friend's FF2 for the first time this week and I'm not experienced enough with it to have much of interest to say about it. But I have found that the lower temp spectrum that does not produce clouds can definitely get you just as high as the higher temp spectrum, the latter beign the cloud-producing spectrum. But it's a different type of high. I think that in normal usage for a lot of people the Firefly isn't going to create huge clouds at the lower temp ranges. But if you vape at low temps for awhile, and then put it in a vape at high temps, you get psychoactive results on the second round! So I don't think clouds are just for people who want to record cool Snapchats, and I do not think it is purely a matter of conditioned stimulus.

I have hit many a bowl in my Herbalizer at 360, and there is almost no visible vapor at that temp (similar convection purity to FF2) unless you're in a dark room with a flashlight. And I do get very stoned at that temperature, but it is a purely cerebral tickle that makes me laugh, an almost stimulating high. Then I crank it up to 445, and get the full-body effects that I'm going for most of the time. Overall, I think clouds do get you higher. I've tried vaping without clouds many times, and felt like I was missing a certain spectrum of cannibanoids that I find crucial to the experience. YMMV I guess. I think some people just don't like the additional giddiness and body load from higher temps.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I really believe that there are different highs being discussed when it comes to the "do clouds get you high" discussion. I used my friend's FF2 for the first time this week and I'm not experienced enough with it to have much of interest to say about it. But I have found that the lower temp spectrum that does not produce clouds can definitely get you just as high as the higher temp spectrum, the latter beign the cloud-producing spectrum. But it's a different type of high..

Of course. There's a myriad of different chemicals released at different temps along the spectrum (you can find multiple threads on the subject in other forums here)...there are most definitely different effects at different temperatures, which is in part why some folks like clouds so much...they get a specific effect from them.

But it's worth noting the FF2 has a pretty broad temp spectrum and can definitely generate temps high enough to nudge into the upper end....it's not hard to generate clouds with it IME and it's a definitely a device you can use to dial in a fairly wide variety of effects (with a little practice, of course). The FF1 I would describe as a "low temp device" but the FF2 is much more versatile.

YungLeaner

Of course. There's a myriad of different chemicals released at different temps along the spectrum (you can find multiple threads on the subject in other forums here)...there are most definitely different effects at different temperatures, which is in part why some folks like clouds so much...they get a specific effect from them.

But it's worth noting the FF2 has a pretty broad temp spectrum and can definitely generate temps high enough to nudge into the upper end....it's not hard to generate clouds with it IME and it's a definitely a device you can use to dial in a fairly wide variety of effects (with a little practice, of course). The FF1 I would describe as a "low temp device" but the FF2 is much more versatile.
Yeah I definitely got that impression with the FF2. The FF1 turned me off of the brand for a time because of my difficulty using it but I really like this new one. Fantastic and easily achievable taste, and never combusts like my FF1 did all the time

YungLeaner,
Reactions: mitchgo61

b0

Cloudy...
Yeah I definitely got that impression with the FF2. The FF1 turned me off of the brand for a time because of my difficulty using it but I really like this new one. Fantastic and easily achievable taste, and never combusts like my FF1 did all the time

To be honest I'm a bit surprised there is so much issues about "clouds" with the FF2. I didn't have any issues to learn how to hit it and get good clouds, but I have been using vapes for a lot of years. But I still remember the first day that my gf tried it. After trying the omnivap, pax 2, alpha centauri and having the EVO as a main vape when at home (all of them really easy to use) I was expecting her to find that it was too much effort using the FF2.

So after explaining her the drawing speed and how to hit it properly she tried it and dude, she got a huge cloud in her first try! She was amazed by the flavour and when we finished that bowl she told me that of all my portable vapes, that was without a doubt her favorite :lol:

VapoShop

Retailer
But there is already people in Europe with units from vaposhop) is totally out of place.

I just wanted to chime in and clarify that we have NOT sent out any units (yet). Our stock has not arrived yet - that is why we are taking pre-orders only at this time. In addition, we are an authorized reseller and will of course honour the warranty in the EU.

I hope that meanwhile Firefly has gotten back to you and they are able to help you out with your FF2!

VapoShop,

b0

Cloudy...
I just wanted to chime in and clarify that we have NOT sent out any units (yet). Our stock has not arrived yet - that is why we are taking pre-orders only at this time. In addition, we are an authorized reseller and will of course honour the warranty in the EU.

I hope that meanwhile Firefly has gotten back to you and they are able to help you out with your FF2!

I just said about your shop because there is a well known vaporist doing a ton of advertising about your shop while testing/reviewing a firefly 2 and thanking you for it, or at least that's what he says.

Also wanted to update, since I got in contact with firefly customer service with the help of @mitchgo61, everything has been awesome. Quick answers all the time and my unit will be sent as soon as I go back to Scotland this Thursday.

I don't know what happened before, maybe they just lost track of me. But the customer service after that has been as good as the best ones.

Will update when I know what's happening with my unit!

smoking2long

Portland availability? Didn't bring a backup for the Hammer and I would be willing to just go buy at local shop. Anybody know any retailers in Portland that have these in stock? If not, I might buy a cheap pen and do the cartridge thing. Never cared much for the taste though.

smoking2long,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom