The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshAir

Pre ordered a firefly 2 a few days ago after researching every possible little detail. this lid situation is concerning and makes me reconsider my purchase. It seems as if they're not willing to stand behind their product completely if they really are asking owners to shell out extra money for something that should've been right in the first place. I'm currently still combusting (bongs) and I've been really looking forward to the change as this will be my first vape

FreshAir,

Reggie Watts

Pre ordered a firefly 2 a few days ago after researching every possible little detail. this lid situation is concerning and makes me reconsider my purchase. It seems as if they're not willing to stand behind their product completely if they really are asking owners to shell out extra money for something that should've been right in the first place. I'm currently still combusting (bongs) and I've been really looking forward to the change as this will be my first vape
For a first vape, I recommend the Mighty! It is a much better transition from smoking IMO (and works more consistently).

Reggie Watts,

purplenurple24

I decided not to send it in for "testing" because I want to have two lids in my possession at the same time, so I can compare them myself. And I suspect that FF would just tell me nothing is wrong again, which would be a waste of time.
I'm leaning the same way. I think I'm gonna leave them alone until I can test another lid. I'll buy one when they become available and if my new lid is superior to my old lid then I'll send my OG lid back. That should give me plenty of ammunition.

On the other hand, if I get a new lid and it doesn't work well, I'm probably gonna end up throwing this thing out a window.

It's driving me crazy :rofl:

purplenurple24,

FreshAir

Reggie portability isn't really something I need but the firefly seemed so sharp and the flavor+cold vapor is what really sold me on it. It was between this and the evo. I am an avid bong user (.2-.4 hits of medical) but it has really taken a toll
on my lungs and I have a long life ahead of me so the switch seems necessary

FreshAir,

Sh4dy15

Reggie portability isn't really something I need but the firefly seemed so sharp and the flavor+cold vapor is what really sold me on it. It was between this and the evo. I am an avid bong user (.2-.4 hits of medical) but it has really taken a toll

Obviously some others will disagree here but I wouldn't sweat the defects too much. It seems like there are a few for sure but of the people here that have it there were only 3 or so I think that had this lid issue. It seems like its a real issue and they will know soon enough if they buy a new lid (which they shouldn't have to do).

Sh4dy15,

FreshAir

Hopefully the next batch of pre orders will have that corrected. someone mentioned there's airflow to the battery area?
Sh4dy your posts and love for the ff on the various forums actually influenced my purchase!

FreshAir,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Comparing an EVO to a FF2 is like apples to oranges. The EVO in my opinion, is hand down easiest easy/good/taste/punch/medical/recreational vape device that I tried. Don't work for the 100% of people, but I'm sure you can please the 99.99999999999999% of the people. There's always medical reasons/conditions like dystonias, Parkinsons, and many more spastics/muscular/dystrophies/atrophies & movement conditions that makes whips/bags more logical/less cumbersome/less dangerous because not glass involved...

""I am an avid bong user (.2-.4 hits of medical) but it has really taken a toll on my lungs"""
This is singinging out loud EEEEVVVVOOOOO, I got 2x EVO plus Cloud+.
All of them rock man...
Stay vaped...

FreshAir

Not to take it off topic but it seems as if the older hydratubes were better? Swagger version I think. Which one do you have. I'm really
hoping I love the firefly and now I'm considering ordering the evo while waiting

FreshAir,

Sh4dy15

Hopefully the next batch of pre orders will have that corrected. someone mentioned there's airflow to the battery area?
Sh4dy your posts and love for the ff on the various forums actually influenced my purchase!

haha glad to hear it man! I am sure if there WAS an issue they got it worked out...still should do right by their current customers tho!

Sh4dy15,

Baron23

@Baron23 I agree with Firefly needing to be responsible for helping people if they have defective lids(as they already have for some people) but I also wouldn't blow the FF2 issues out of proportion.

If people are really comparing grinding your material and taking a longer hit to solving theoretical physics equations, I'd say that's a bit of a stretch. :lol:

I will admit I did say quite a few pages ago something like "I'm ok with getting my device a little later so that any minor kinks in manufacturing are sorted out before I get mine."

This kind of thing is what I was referring to ;)

Hi Jay - no, I don't think grinding or hit length is comparable to theoretical physics but if you look over the long list of posts in this thread, it seems obvious to me that people are proposing all sorts of body English in how to use this thing to compensate for what appears to be either design or unit manufacturing defects. People have been told to try this, try that, try it all while standing on your head, etc, etc, etc.

My question to any of these FF supporters is this: would you accept this level of finickiness in a $300 coffee pot? I suspect that NO, you would not and vaporizer are home and personal appliances in the final analysis. IT SHOULD JUST WORK....otherwise the designer didn't do a proper job IMO.

I'm not out to bash FF and really, really want FF2 to be successful as I want either an FF2 or a GH to compliment my Volcano and wax box mod & pens. But I do find FF's rebuffing of people with air path issues to be....well, let's just say that they have not earned my respect with their approach and communications on the subject.

I'm going to stop now as the more I defend my views the more it would appear that I am bashing FF and that's not my intent at all.

Best of luck

jay87

I'm going to reserve judgement until I receive mine and see how it really is.

It's still early and there's a relatively small amount of Firefly 2's that are out there right now. There's been people who have had no issues with their units at all. There's also been a few reported issues that are probably legitimate which is to be expected; but at the same time there's been people who thought they had issues, then came back later and said they figured it out and it works great now as well.

Firefly replaced at least 1 lid that we know of and offered to "test" others. That's not complete dismissal of the idea that a lid problem exists, but just as we are uncertain they are uncertain as well.

It's possible that the lid issue and other issues that we don't even know about have affected a small number of units and have already been corrected on the manufacturing side. It's also possible that the lid issue will affect the next batch of FF2's too but we just don't know yet. :shrug:

Like I said I'm going to wait until I get some first-hand experience before deciding if the device performs up to my expectations. :leaf:

snamuh

ghost
Not to take it off topic but it seems as if the older hydratubes were better? Swagger version I think. Which one do you have. I'm really
hoping I love the firefly and now I'm considering ordering the evo while waiting
That was me that mentioned the battery. I used paint tape to cover the two intake holes by the bowl. I don't think its an issue unless your hitting it with those two holes completely covered and take a hit. I didn't put much effort into this test at all...

It is kind of disapointing that the battery area or whatever isn't completely separate from the air path at the price range of the this vape.

I also tried to cover the whole vape except the mouthpiece with the tape. When I did this I still got air flow and if I blew into to the vape the tape would puff out over the battery area (I taped it up without the battery cover on.)

As for using this vape I still stand by my thoughts that all vapes have tek to learn (yeah some may have defected units but I think its far far from a majority). I own a mflb, enano, AA, and imag and all took me a week or two to get the tek right... And sometimes after using a different vape and going back to another I find that I can hit it better than when I was actively trying learn the tek.

I'm content with my purchase though I do think its more worth $250-280 than $330

Last edited:
snamuh,
Reactions: KeroZen

Sh4dy15

Hi Jay - no, I don't think grinding or hit length is comparable to theoretical physics but if you look over the long list of posts in this thread, it seems obvious to me that people are proposing all sorts of body English in how to use this thing to compensate for what appears to be either design or unit manufacturing defects. People have been told to try this, try that, try it all while standing on your head, etc, etc, etc.

My question to any of these FF supporters is this: would you accept this level of finickiness in a $300 coffee pot? I suspect that NO, you would not and vaporizer are home and personal appliances in the final analysis. IT SHOULD JUST WORK....otherwise the designer didn't do a proper job IMO.

I'm not out to bash FF and really, really want FF2 to be successful as I want either an FF2 or a GH to compliment my Volcano and wax box mod & pens. But I do find FF's rebuffing of people with air path issues to be....well, let's just say that they have not earned my respect with their approach and communications on the subject.

I'm going to stop now as the more I defend my views the more it would appear that I am bashing FF and that's not my intent at all.

Best of luck

This is going to sound extremely fanboyish and I am well aware but if the coffee pot was making some of the best coffee ever for most people then yeah I would try peoples recommendations. However, some peoples recommendations were very extreme because people were trying to get a understanding of what was going wrong.

Either way I do agree with you that it should just work and for most of us that is exactly what is happening, its just working the way it should.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Got my used FF2 today. Anyone want to help me out with pairing it to my device? I am just now doing the reading I should have done. I'm thinking I'm having issues because it was previously paired to a different phone?

darkrom,

snamuh

ghost
Got my used FF2 today. Anyone want to help me out with pairing it to my device? I am just now doing the reading I should have done. I'm thinking I'm having issues because it was previously paired to a different phone?
On android you need to have location set to on. When I got mine I thought it just had to "allow" location but it does actually need to be on for it to work. Also press both buttons to make sure the ff2 is awake. Then just open the app and go to the connect section.

snamuh,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Oh so GPS has to be turned on? WTF lol. I leave location off all day. No big deal, but DAMN.

Thanks you just saved so much frustration :)

EDIT: it showed up in the app and then vanished. I'm on a beta version of android N, so I'm going to assume thats fucking things up at this point lol. Waiting for my roomate to get home to see if I can get it adjusted on his phone for the time being while I downgrade back to the current OS.

purplenurple24

I'm thinking this may be one with some kind of magnet/lid issue :/ Is it supposed to whistle fairly loudly when you hit it lol?
I'm not sure if anybody has found a correlation between whistling and performance, but mine does whistle a little when I hit it harder.

I don't think it's an issue, though. I feel like somebody else mentioned the whistle, but didn't have any issues with vapor production, so don't think too much about it yet.

pushpaw

I'm thinking this may be one with some kind of magnet/lid issue :/ Is it supposed to whistle fairly loudly when you hit it lol?
A little whistling is normal, or at least mine does and mine works great. I use the small sound it makes as a guide sometimes to slow my intake on the first hit or so.

Reggie Watts

Oh so GPS has to be turned on? WTF lol. I leave location off all day. No big deal, but DAMN.

Thanks you just saved so much frustration :)

EDIT: it showed up in the app and then vanished. I'm on a beta version of android N, so I'm going to assume thats fucking things up at this point lol. Waiting for my roomate to get home to see if I can get it adjusted on his phone for the time being while I downgrade back to the current OS.
Wait what? I'm on Android and I can connect with location off. Just bluetooth is on.

Reggie Watts,

snamuh

ghost
Haha... Im gonna mod a dog whistle into my ff.
Wait what? I'm on Android and I can connect with location off. Just bluetooth is on.
I just double checked on mine and it disappeared from the app when I turned off location. It might have to do with whether you have android 5.0, 5.1, or 6. I don't know why google hasn't changed their code yet... they must have more data to mine....

snamuh,
Reactions: Vapenado
Thank you to everyone who post their opinions and comments on FB, cause that really helps out when deciding on purchases.
I currently have the volcano, (absolutely love it) and had the HAZE v3,until durability issues got me to the point of just trashing it. Preordered the firefly 2 over purchasing the mighty. Wanted a top shelf portable to go along with my cano.

Am hoping the air flow/gasket/lid/whatever issue gets resolved or found out. Had nothing but trouble from the Haze V3 and still hear nightmares about people having trouble with the mighty as well which is 1 of the reasons that drove me away from that unit. So fingers crossed about the FF2! Thank you again and keep sharing yalls opinions and experiences! Much love to the FB Familia. -Keep on vaping and stay lifted everyone!

colomarijuana

Thank you to everyone who post their opinions and comments on FB, cause that really helps out when deciding on purchases.
I currently have the volcano, (absolutely love it) and had the HAZE v3,until durability issues got me to the point of just trashing it. Preordered the firefly 2 over purchasing the mighty. Wanted a top shelf portable to go along with my cano.

Am hoping the air flow/gasket/lid/whatever issue gets resolved or found out. Had nothing but trouble from the Haze V3 and still hear nightmares about people having trouble with the mighty as well which is 1 of the reasons that drove me away from that unit. So fingers crossed about the FF2! Thank you again and keep sharing yalls opinions and experiences! Much love to the FB Familia. -Keep on vaping and stay lifted everyone!

For sure! Have read info on this site for a couple years and finally just created an account a few weeks ago. Always great information and everyone has been very friendly :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy your FF2!

colomarijuana,
Reactions: snamuh

darkrom

Great Scott!
No vapes feel finished in the portable market. Still downgrading my phone, but I'm overall enjoying the FF2 so far, but no idea what temp I'm running on. I'm going to see how fast I kill a battery tonight with my heavy use at this unknown temp.

The flavor is good. Not a real upgrade over the FF1 yet to me, but the only thing I personally thought it needed was better battery life. If it nails that I'm fine with it as a daily driver.

EDIT:

App working on freshly formatted AOSP Marshmallow rom.
So that setting was medium high. I tried another bowl at high. Then a third at medium.

Battery indicator on the app shows full.... really?! Is that broken or...

I'm going for bowl 4 now. Will report back when it dies.

Anyone got any guess how many big old dabs they can get out of a battery? Anyone tried testing that yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom