The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ipax

No, that is PVC - same base material as Arizer stock but not NSF certified and max temp <200F while an NSF-51 will be >400F.

Go to top right of page Search, use term "amazon AND silicone" or "Plastics AND tubing", click on "This thread only" and you'll get lots of posts with the tubing you want from Amazon, U.S. Plastics, or McMasterCarr. Be mindful of the shipping costs; sometimes USP is less by the foot than Amazon but with shipping the net total is greater.

The tubing cuts easily with scissors.

EDIT: Damn it Stu, there you go again. :D
So, I'm looking for replacement tubing for mine too, but all I can find is tubing good up to 400*F, which is basically 200*C. So that's actually really bad isn't it? I'd consider 200 to be in the high range of vaping temps, but It's still something I'd like to be able to hit safely...

ipax,

way2

Stu posted a link to an Amazon seller a page or so back IIRC it's like $35 for 25'

way2,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
So, I'm looking for replacement tubing for mine too, but all I can find is tubing good up to 400*F, which is basically 200*C. So that's actually really bad isn't it? I'd consider 200 to be in the high range of vaping temps, but It's still something I'd like to be able to hit safely...

No, that's what you want. The air temperature leaving the vape is considerably less than it is at the heater. 200C is twice the temp of boiling water. If the vapor in the whip was even close to that you would be scalded.

Btw the tolerance on the tubing Stu and I use, see his link above, is 260C. Also, you probably don't want the durometer (i.e., hardness, rigidity) to be less than ~50A or it might fold/kink too easily.

oldiebutgoodie,

Herbal Ant

Bout to order mine from here if you guys think its good, just wondering, has anyone else ordered it before? Amazon has the better deal, just don't see myself using 25"...Idk...maybe. I do get kind of creative with it, made a practically all glass path for balloons from the two extra "mouth pieces" and a couple pieces of PVC I cut from the balloon whip. I cut the pieces a little short though I think, had to make a support. (Made it out of a paper towel tube and cut some feet out of a cardboard box flap, looks like a rocket.) I even hook the whip up to it, slide on the little o-ring from my cheapy bong stem that happens to be the same size, stick it in the bong, turn the fan to 3 and rip it up. Now, what to do with the extra cyclone bowl and elbow piece...
:science:

Also, I know in 200 something pages it has prolly already been mentioned, but can someone provide a link to a piece with a lip on it to cover that hole around the cyclone bowl. Why did they leave it so open like that? Every time I take a elbow pack off and put one on, I feel like there is some dropping in there. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-16-I-D-Si...602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa6d649a

oldiebutgoodie

Bout to order mine from here if you guys think its good, just wondering, has anyone else ordered it before? Amazon has the better deal, just don't see myself using 25"...Idk...maybe. I do get kind of creative with it, made a practically all glass path for balloons from the two extra "mouth pieces" and a couple pieces of PVC I cut from the balloon whip. I cut the pieces a little short though I think, had to make a support. (Made it out of a paper towel tube and cut some feet out of a cardboard box flap, looks like a rocket.) I even hook the whip up to it, slide on the little o-ring from my cheapy bong stem that happens to be the same size, stick it in the bong, turn the fan to 3 and rip it up. Now, what to do with the extra cyclone bowl and elbow piece...
:science:

Also, I know in 200 something pages it has prolly already been mentioned, but can someone provide a link to a piece with a lip on it to cover that hole around the cyclone bowl. Why did they leave it so open like that? Every time I take a elbow pack off and put one on, I feel like there is some dropping in there. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-16-I-D-Si...602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa6d649a

The tubing on eBay should be fine assuming it's as advertised. It's true that 25' is a lot; I still have some after ~18 mos. I don't reclaim nor do I try to clean it, so I replace it when it gets dirty. I use an 18" whip btw.

Sorry don't know what you're ref'g to re covering the hole around the cyclone . . . what hole? All I can think of is the center opening thru which the hot air passes.

oldiebutgoodie,

Herbal Ant

The tubing on eBay should be fine assuming it's as advertised. It's true that 25' is a lot; I still have some after ~18 mos. I don't reclaim nor do I try to clean it, so I replace it when it gets dirty. I use an 18" whip btw.

Sorry don't know what you're ref'g to re covering the hole around the cyclone . . . what hole? All I can think of is the center opening thru which the hot air passes.

How come you don't clean or reclaim, I thought that was the point of getting the silicone tubing. If your just gonna toss it anyways, isn't PVC cheaper? :hmm:

I'm talking about the big hole in the middle of the unit that you set the cyclone bowl in, I was wondering if someone found something with a outer rim that goes over the open space so I don't have to worry about dropping herbs in there. :brow:

Edit: Hmm how can I explain this better, the open space around the outside of the cyclone bowl on top of the unit. Where herb sometimes falls by accident and you have to turn the whole unit upside down to get it out. I would like to prevent this...:lol: I want something that has a raised lip, so as not to cover the hole.(I assume it needs to breath in there or they wouldn't have left it open like that.) But to hover right above it and act like an herb umbrella and extend a little out around the edges of the opening.

Herbal Ant,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How come you don't clean or reclaim, I thought that was the point of getting the silicone tubing. If your just gonna toss it anyways, isn't PVC cheaper? :hmm:
IME reclaiming from tubing isn't worth it.

I'm talking about the big hole in the middle of the unit that you set the cyclone bowl in, I was wondering if someone found something with a outer rim that goes over the open space so I don't have to worry about dropping herbs in there. :brow:
Your screen doesn't cover the Cyclone bowl? I don't fully understand your question.

:peace:

Stu,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
My advice is just remove the cyclone bowl from the unit when loading it,
or make a paper funnel to transfer your material into it. I use a business card that has been creased down the center, into a v shape then I roll the outer edges up so when you transfer it the end fits into the bowl. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

oldiebutgoodie

Edit: Hmm how can I explain this better, the open space around the outside of the cyclone bowl on top of the unit. Where herb sometimes falls by accident and you have to turn the whole unit upside down to get it out. I would like to prevent this...:lol: I want something that has a raised lip, so as not to cover the hole.(I assume it needs to breath in there or they wouldn't have left it open like that.) But to hover right above it and act like an herb umbrella and extend a little out around the edges of the opening.

No, the reason for the silicone is ease of use. The stiffness of the pvc makes it difficult to add/remove glass attachments, move the whip around, etc. I've never understood Arizer using pvc, AFAIK the other major manufacturers use silicone.

Then you are talking about the middle hole. That's the airway! You do have the flat screen over the hole, teflon coating side up, right? If the screen isn't fitting tight - and as a little airflow performance improvement for the cyclone - try shaping the screen concave (like a dome) a little bit with your fingers/thumb. Push it thru the top side-ways and the use the glass stick to tuck it down onto the ledge dome up. It will take a few tries to shape it just right so that it is even and sits snug. You will only need to remove it for cleaning occasionally (just push it up from the bottom with the glass stick).

oldiebutgoodie,

way2

No, I'm pretty sure he means the top of the machine between the outside of the CB and the top black plastic rim of the EQ. I think covering this opening would cause the whole unit to get warmer than it should? maybe you could rig a big screen (2"possibly) to fit around the top of the heater? I just flip it over now and then and blow it out or gently shake, but I'm sure there are still at least trace bits of herb in there.

oldiebutgoodie

No, I'm pretty sure he means the top of the machine between the outside of the CB and the top black plastic rim of the EQ. I think covering this opening would cause the whole unit to get warmer than it should? maybe you could rig a big screen (2"possibly) to fit around the top of the heater? I just flip it over now and then and blow it out or gently shake, but I'm sure there are still at least trace bits of herb in there.

If that's what it is, turn upside down, couple little shots from a can of compressed air, will keep it clean.

When I remove the cyclone, there's sometimes a little bit of particles down and atop around the heater. I just blow on it. Or, again, occasionally a gentle blow-out with the compressed air.

Reloading the bowl while in the machine will likely result in material falling down around the cyclone. The black teflon coating is so the bowl can be removed while still hot. ;)

oldiebutgoodie,

Herbal Ant

I'm surprised how many responses I got in only 8 hours. These forums are awesome, thanks to who ever started FC and thanks to you guys for all your posts.

way2 hit it on the money, I really like the big screen idea. I think I'm going to put it around the cyclone bowl in a upside down umbrella shape. That way it just catches it all there and I can empty it as I see fit. I elbow pack and almost never remove the cyclone unless too much material falls out of the screen caps during vaping and builds up in there. Also if you saw the way I have it set up right now with my bong, you would understand why this is a great idea for me. I shall let you know how I make out. :tup:

No, the reason for the silicone is ease of use. The stiffness of the pvc makes it difficult to add/remove glass attachments, move the whip around, etc. I've never understood Arizer using pvc, AFAIK the other major manufacturers use silicone.

Then you are talking about the middle hole. That's the airway! You do have the flat screen over the hole, teflon coating side up, right? If the screen isn't fitting tight - and as a little airflow performance improvement for the cyclone - try shaping the screen concave (like a dome) a little bit with your fingers/thumb. Push it thru the top side-ways and the use the glass stick to tuck it down onto the ledge dome up. It will take a few tries to shape it just right so that it is even and sits snug. You will only need to remove it for cleaning occasionally (just push it up from the bottom with the glass stick).

Yeah I can see what you mean with the stiffness, often I set it on the table, only to watch it straighten and fall to the floor or unseat the elbow from the cyclone.:argh: So I got fed up and modified it with my bong, did a kind of cork deal on top of the bong with a smaller 2 ft whip, and ran about a foot from the bong to my homemade "Double Glass Mouth Piece Path".(On a side note, I cut bigger pieces to practically cover the two mouthpieces entirely with the tubing and still kind of felt "The Rocket Support System" was necessary when it gets real hot.)

Patent Pending on "Double Glass Mouth Piece Path" and "The Rocket Support System". :brow:

Herbal Ant

One quick question, I would have added it to the post from yesterday but the edit button is gone.
Is the red light under HEAT supposed to flash constantly? :hmm:

Herbal Ant,

oldiebutgoodie

One quick question, I would have added it to the post from yesterday but the edit button is gone.
Is the red light under HEAT supposed to flash constantly? :hmm:

IIRC, yes it does. It indicates that the heater is being powered up to the set temperature, which is pretty much a steady process.

oldiebutgoodie,

Herbal Ant

IIRC, yes it does. It indicates that the heater is being powered up to the set temperature, which is pretty much a steady process.

Thanks I figured it was normal, I leave it on practically all day unless I leave the house. Which is rarely ever aside from going to physical therapy for a hour or so, then it goes right back on! Works pretty good and has a lot of versatility with the fan, I'm happy with it. :D Just needs a little customizing, as far as the tubing, mouth piece, and what not, but really what doesn't need a little customizing. Just wanted to make sure about the light thing, usually when something flashes red it means stop or Danger, Danger Herbal Ant! :o

Herbal Ant,

johntuan

Im using bags but the vapor isnt as thick as it used to be any help ? Temps vary from 195c -230c max. I usally load the cyclone bowl 1/5 to the black. Meds is also a fine grind.

johntuan,

Herbal Ant

Im using bags but the vapor isnt as thick as it used to be any help ? Temps vary from 195c -230c max. I usally load the cyclone bowl 1/5 to the black. Meds is also a fine grind.

I would assume it's an airflow problem, the elbow may need cleaning, maybe one of the screens, or maybe it's time to replace the bag. Worst case scenario is maybe the glass male end you set the cyclone on is cracked or broken inside the unit?

Herbal Ant,

oldiebutgoodie

I agree with Herbal Ant. I would place the short whip on the cyclone with bag removed and see what the vapor is like, and then start working back from there checking each possible issue. The cyclone is ordinarily filled 1/3-1/2 to the teflon, make sure the grind is not clogging the elbow, and stir 2-3 times. Sometimes variation in the herb itself can give different results.

oldiebutgoodie,

ipax

Make sure you're giving it ample time to heat up before you attach the bag, turn the fan on 1 and I think your temps could be lower

ipax,

DHosa713

Ok, so I've had my Extreme Q for about a month now, and though it seems pretty cool, i cant get it to perform as well as my old vaporite digit mini. With the vaporite digit mini i was getting some extremely dense hits using the whip but when i use the extreme q im not getting that density on just whip alone. ive come close but i had to turn the temp up pretty high like around 460 degrees. I was getting these dense hits at 390 with the vaporite digit mini. Same thing with bag mode. i was able to mod my old vaporite digit mini to blow bags, and did better than extreme q in terms of density in the bag. Now what i did was use the glass bowl that came with my vaporite digit mini on the extreme q and BAM!!! i was getting those dense hits again. Only thing is that the way the glass bowl is made i have to use the extreme q upside down, if not, all my weed would fall onto the heating element. I am getting what i want now but in a way that wasnt meant to be. I think the cyclone is totally wrong. If you notice in this picture below, there is a lip in the glass which holds the screen in place.
whip_7.png

I think this is whats giving me the dense vapor, because air isnt escaping through the side of the bowl so easily. The cyclone is just straight up and down, and im sorry i think the loose screen in the cyclone is just ghetto. If they can make a cyclone with this lip for the screen, i think it will perform better. Im a try to get this idea made, i know a guy that knows a guy that blows bongs and shit...

Also, i know yall are going to tell me about the elbow pack method and believe me ive tried it and it is still not as dense as with this vaporite glass bowl. I noticed that not all the hot air passes through the weed aswell as with this method. there is air that goes through side. right between where u put the screen into the elbow. the part where the glass touches the screen.... how else can i put this, air passes around the outside of the metal lip that is on the screen that goes in the elbow. All that air isnt going through the weed. If i put my hand over the screen when its in the elbow and suck through the other end i still have airflow, i thought it was suppose to be air tight.... im not enjoying this, everybody says they get very dense vapor using this method but for some reason i cannot, ive tried regular temp from 375 all the way to like 450 and still no good :(

DHosa713,

oldiebutgoodie

I have seen and used bowls like yours above except with 2 screens between which you pack your herb; this bowl therefore sit normally on the Q with nothing falling down. I gave mine away and don't remember for sure, but I think it may have been a Vapor Bros. or VaporTower. It may have been this one, but again my memory is rusty. (Before buying, I'd check with the store re fit to the Q.)

https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=whipHF

Re the Q flat screen in the cyclone, if you shape it with thumb/fingers into a dome - it will take a few attempts - you can get a screen which sits snug (tuck it in with the glass stick) and which raises the material for better air circulation.

As far as air leaking from a screen in the elbow, something seems amiss there. With the Q in operation, there should only be vapor entering the elbow so you would be leaking vapor (not air) and that of course would be a problem. (And air leaking while the Q is not loaded would mean that vapor would leak, too.) The elbow screen is intended to create back-pressure into the cyclone to create turbulence (the "cyclone effect") aiding circulation and extraction; a leak would compromise that. Perhaps you have a defective screen or elbow?

Re vapor density: I don't know the vaporite, but the Q's hits are often compared here to the SSV/DB, which are known as big hitters. Fwiw, it seems that most think that with the cyclone you can at least get close to the SSV/DB, and with the elbow-pack, definitely can do so.

:2c:

Top Bottom