The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

FrogBoy138

i was wondering how many of you unplug your EQ every time.. i do but i find it annoying ha... i think i'm gonna start leaving it plugged in all the time, maybe unplug something else in its place ha.
Hey Dozer I unplug my EQ every time and also been wondering the same thing. I'm all OCD about it and was worried about burning up the charger or whatever the box with green light is.

FrogBoy138,
Reactions: harmudge

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
fwiw for future ref . . . some of us use this, same NSF51 . . . more $ per foot, but USP charges ~the same shipping for 10' as it does 25'. If you're Prime ends up less total (maybe even if not Prime???) . . .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMWTSY
Yup, that's exactly what I use. Just got a new one last week in fact. Great stuff IMO. And with Amazon Prime it's cheaper than the US Plastics + shipping by a wide margin.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Reveen

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
for solo+EQ owners out there... how does your solo compare to your EQ.. it seems really capable.. the reason i ask is because a friend is looking to get a new vape, and i suggested the solo w/ the puff it up discount at $160.. but he said if he's gonna spend money he wants one that's gonna replace his ez vape..
EDIT: i just found a coupon code for the EQ too for $175

hoptimum

for solo+EQ owners out there... how does your solo compare to your EQ.. it seems really capable.. the reason i ask is because a friend is looking to get a new vape, and i suggested the solo w/ the puff it up discount at $160.. but he said if he's gonna spend money he wants one that's gonna replace his ez vape..
EDIT: i just found a coupon code for the EQ too for $175

Solo tastes better, heats up faster, is portable, cooks herb more evenly and conserves it more efficiently, is easier to share and hooks up to glass more easily. The only reason to prefer the Q is if you need to fill a bag.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Solo tastes better, heats up faster, is portable, cooks herb more evenly and conserves it more efficiently, is easier to share and hooks up to glass more easily. The only reason to prefer the Q is if you need to fill a bag.
I'll take these one at a time:
Solo tastes better Disagree. I think the EQ provides better overall flavor.
heats up faster True, but once on, the EQ is at the ready for hours.
portable True.
cooks herb more evenly and conserves it more efficiently Disagree completely.
is easier to share and hooks up to glass more easily It's only easier to share in an environment where mobility is required IMO.
The only reason to prefer the Q is if you need to fill a bag I think that if mobility is not a requirement, then the EQ is the better option.

Please keep in mind that I use my Solo much more than I use my EQ, so I have no dog in this fight at all.

Edit: I forgot that I don't even have an EQ anymore. :lol: This weed stuff makes you silly.

hoptimum

I'll take these one at a time:
Solo tastes better Disagree. I think the EQ provides better overall flavor.
heats up faster True, but once on, the EQ is at the ready for hours.
portable True.
cooks herb more evenly and conserves it more efficiently Disagree completely.
is easier to share and hooks up to glass more easily It's only easier to share in an environment where mobility is required IMO.
The only reason to prefer the Q is if you need to fill a bag I think that if mobility is not a requirement, then the EQ is the better option.

Please keep in mind that I use my Solo much more than I use my EQ, so I have no dog in this fight at all.

I respect your opinion, but for me the short glass pathway of the solo results in a cleaner flavor than the extreme q, where the vapor must pass up the bowl, make a sharp turn through the elbow and then travel through a couple of feet of plastic. Of course, taste is subjective, and what tastes good to me might not taste good to you. As far as efficiency, I usually use the elbow bowl with the q, and it doesnt seem to cook as evenly without stirring as the solo. As for groups, I feel like whips are inherently difficult to share easily, whereas with the solo you just pass it around.

Cheers

Reveen

Hey friends!

Just thought I'd show you my recent pickup: 7g of Sour Diesel and 7g of Sour Kush (aka Headband) for $120 that I will be running exclusively through the EQ.

I also received my 10 feet of tubing from US Plastics, and I gotta say . . . this tubing is absolutely PERFECT! It fits the EQ elbow adapters very nicely (nice and snug, but doesn't require a hair dryer to remove!) and extremely flexible. I should have bought this sooner. It makes vaping out of my bubbler so much easier.

The smell on both of these are amazingly different, considering they both contain Sour Diesel. The Headband has a nice sour fruit scent to it (like a sour sweet-tart candy). These are homegrown flowers (not by me).

Sour Kush (Headband):

yqjdl3l.jpg

XmuZBLI.jpg

Big, super-dense nugs. Nice hybrid leaning more on the indica side. High from .1g (vaped with EQ) lasted about 4 hours!

Sour Diesel:

hrYtmxk.jpg

AlBNqrl.jpg

Much smaller nugs . . . typical Sour Diesel smell and head-high. High from .1g (vaped with EQ) lasted about 2.5 hours.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i just put about .3 of good wax on a cotton ball and turned the EQ up to 150C... i can not believe how many bongs it filled.. i didn't quite finish it ha..

Buildozer,
Reactions: Reveen

pendiente45

Hello,

I want to use the solid valve system in my arizer extreme q, but I guess Its impossible. Can I use a bag from Herbal Aire or Vaporfection? I just want a bag with valve.

Thanks you.

pendiente45,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I want to use the solid valve system in my arizer extreme q, but I guess Its impossible. Can I use a bag from Herbal Aire or Vaporfection? I just want a bag with valve.

There is a lot of discussion in this thread about making a valve mod. Here's one:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-178#post-261661

Just try using Search in this thread for "volcano AND valve".

A simple stopper like a pencil eraser can be used, too. Some users don't bother with a valve at all because once the pressure in the bag equalizes, the vapor will remain inside.

pendiente45

pendiente45,

Tanhands

Hey Just started posting yesterday on another section and thought beings I have a EQ I should stop by here. I will try to read everything but 200 pages is a lot to read while using the EQ.

For now I will sit in my cloud and watch.

Tanhands,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
welcome Tanhands... 200 pages ha... can't say that i read them all.. i read some though haa.. the EQ is pretty user friendly and straight forward.. but the all tips and advice i got from the people in here have really helped me get more out of it than before.. oldiebutgoodie has been especially helpful w/ the good advice. enjoy that EQ.. mine is warming up now..:cheers:

Tanhands

I have had mine for about a year. I love that it is 3 vapes in one without being forced to use any one aspect of it.

I can just suck like I would a Box Vape, I can turn on the fan like a forced air or use the bag. Ya there are vapes that do all of these things but not separately. Volcano can bag but not whip, Vaporite forces air but no bag and must have fan on and box vapes do nothing special but my EQ can do them together or separately.

I was noticing the conversation about the power plug being left plugged in. Mine has been plugged in when not in use for about the same year I have had it. No problems so far.

Tanhands,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
ya it is nice... i usually just vape through the bong... but its nice to have those options... i do use them... it nice to have the option of the elbow pack and a cyclone bowl to roast... i'm getting ready to load the cyclone right now. i remember when the volcano first came out, a couple of friends of mine split the bill and shared it ha.. that was the sickest vape back then.. it does work really good, it's just a boring vape for me ha... maybe if they rigged the bowl to a whip and a bong haha... i wish i had thought to try that back then, its probably awesome.. i used to let the volcano run under a heavy blanket w/ no bag ha.. that was a fun way..

i take it back about that volcano bong haha.. i forgot how strong the fan is. i guess the bag to the bong is the most practical way... seems fun:rolleyes:;) haa

Buildozer,

cMe

Wow it has taken me almost a month to read every post in this thread and thread 2. I've had the eq for about a month now and it is great. At first I was really digging the bag option but now I'm mainly using the whip through a bubbler. Elbow packs are incredible. Can almost get thick clouds like da buddha.

One thing though, is there any more news on the melted plastic part that holds up the heater? I've read arizer had stated it is mica but then others say mica shouldn't melt at these temperature. Maybe this has been fixed with midnight chrome version?

Seems like the issues was brought up and now never been discussed again. Can any one please put my mind at ease with whether it's been removed with the new midnight chrome version or any further info on this

cMe,

oldiebutgoodie

Wow it has taken me almost a month to read every post in this thread and thread 2. . . . One thing though, is there any more news on the melted plastic part that holds up the heater? I've read arizer had stated it is mica but then others say mica shouldn't melt at these temperature. Maybe this has been fixed with midnight chrome version?

Seems like the issues was brought up and now never been discussed again. Can any one please put my mind at ease with whether it's been removed with the new midnight chrome version or any further info on this

Congratulations on your slogging thru the Q threads. And in only a month! :clap: But well worth the time.

As far as the "mica issue" . . . I wouldn't presume that there is a "fix", not unless Arizer acknowledges there is a problem. While a couple users did find the part decomposed to varying extent, it's a helluva big leap from there to a conclusion that this is a widespread problem. For that matter, none of us has access to the component and unit specifications, and few if any the engineering background, to draw materials science conclusions. This isn't to say that there may not be a recurring problem with that component, or something else in the unit which can indirectly affect that component. We just don't know. But the dearth of complaints or evidence in a population of many thousands of units over a period of years, does IMO argue that this is not a cause for concern.

way2

My Q arrived today!!:rockon: I'm off work this week so I can spend the day with her!! She's all cleaned up and ready to be broken in. I've got a bunch of lovely buds, a few ice cold iced green teas, and a big container of assorted fresh cubed fruit. I'm off to the man cave for the rest of the day/night! I'll try to post some thoughts if I'm still coherent later :ko: Initially I can say it sure is pretty, and fairly quiet(not silent by any stretch) everything came in perfect condition as ordered so at least I'm off to a good start!

I do have 1 minor complaint though it makes no difference to me because I was aware of it from reading this thread. The tubing it comes with is awful though I do like the clear better than my replacement white... it's very rigid and I've not heard mention of this but mine had a funny smell/taste. I can't put my finger on it but a bit funny is all,. also it's made of pvc is that safe?? I have a roll of silicon tubing so I've replaced and significantly shortened the original before using it anyway but I found the smell odd. Again I'd like to thank everyone for helping all us noobs out here. Well she's probably all warmed up by now so off I go!!!

see ya later!!!

oldiebutgoodie

. . . I do have 1 minor complaint though it makes no difference to me because I was aware of it from reading this thread. The tubing it comes with is awful though I do like the clear better than my replacement white... it's very rigid and I've not heard mention of this but mine had a funny smell/taste. I can't put my finger on it but a bit funny is all,. also it's made of pvc is that safe?? I have a roll of silicon tubing so I've replaced and significantly shortened the original before using it anyway but I found the smell odd . . .

Yes, the stock tubing is a non-toxic PVC which meets spec NSF-51, i.e., "food grade". The odor is typical and will dissipate with time and/or use. So off you go to . . . Enjoy! :tup:

EDIT: Well, maybe not so typical after all. :) But, it has been complained about before here.

oldiebutgoodie,

hoptimum

My Q arrived today!!:rockon: I'm off work this week so I can spend the day with her!! She's all cleaned up and ready to be broken in. I've got a bunch of lovely buds, a few ice cold iced green teas, and a big container of assorted fresh cubed fruit. I'm off to the man cave for the rest of the day/night! I'll try to post some thoughts if I'm still coherent later :ko: Initially I can say it sure is pretty, and fairly quiet(not silent by any stretch) everything came in perfect condition as ordered so at least I'm off to a good start!

I do have 1 minor complaint though it makes no difference to me because I was aware of it from reading this thread. The tubing it comes with is awful though I do like the clear better than my replacement white... it's very rigid and I've not heard mention of this but mine had a funny smell/taste. I can't put my finger on it but a bit funny is all,. also it's made of pvc is that safe?? I have a roll of silicon tubing so I've replaced and significantly shortened the original before using it anyway but I found the smell odd. Again I'd like to thank everyone for helping all us noobs out here. Well she's probably all warmed up by now so off I go!!!

see ya later!!!

I never noticed any smell from the tubing but I hated how rigid it was too and replaced it with silicon

hoptimum,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
My Q arrived today!!:rockon: I'm off work this week so I can spend the day with her!! She's all cleaned up and ready to be broken in. I've got a bunch of lovely buds, a few ice cold iced green teas, and a big container of assorted fresh cubed fruit. I'm off to the man cave for the rest of the day/night! I'll try to post some thoughts if I'm still coherent later :ko: .... Well she's probably all warmed up by now so off I go!!!
see ya later!!!
1zb44jr.jpg

Buildozer,

whitemilk

i hooked up my friends roor to my extreme q last night with the two elbows and pvc pipe that came with it. i couldn't function after a few rounds of that! trying to find a new bubbler/bong for my vape since my old bong just broke a week ago but i can't find anything in the $100-$150 range that I like

whitemilk,
Top Bottom