The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Dose the SS bowl hold more then the TIv3 ?
No. The volume of the bowls are the same. The difference is that the SS bowl is made with a thicker gauge metal and has the additional spiral air grooves machined on the out side of the bowl creating thicker side walls and hence more heat storing mass.

They both use the same cap allowing more air flow in the smooth sided Ti Dani and less in the SS due to the additional diameter of the outside of the oven.

2pumpchump

@endof3d thanks that is what I thought but wanted to make sure i had read correctly about it. And still planning to pick 1 up .. I plan on getting 1 for the friend that gave me my first vape that worked! But very hard to pick 1 as they all are so great I can't even pick my favorite but will probably pick up a extra cap and 2 ss tips so I can see about modifications to airflow just something to play with lol

2pumpchump,
Reactions: BeeSawd

2pumpchump

Yay I'm not the only 1 actually reading and quotes BFG data ! I was just making sure I didn't miss read anything or misunderstand that they were the same size. But extremely glad y posted it because it seems every day more people become interested in theas amazing vaps and this is a good comparison instead of listening to us arguing weather the green or blue torch is the best .

Personal appion the pink torch wins every time !
Just teasing we all have different vape stiles and needs out of our vapes .
NOT JOKING IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING 1 PICK WITCH 1 ON THE LIST SEAMS BETTER FOR YOU AND FIND YOU OWN STILE THEY ARE ALL AMAZING AND WORTH IT. JUST DO IT GET A BFG AND ENJOY!!!!

2pumpchump,

Th3Grim

I use a Is silicon Vape ban 2 to block my carb off when I don't need it .. I have considered taping it for a small set screw but to lazy when rubber ring works lol I believe the ends are SS but think the mid sec is TI let me dubb check

Can't post pick right now but end caps are SS THE MID SECTION IS TI . I will post as soon as I can get pictures to work

Update this should help and because it glass night somebody had a Dame good point lol
Oh damn! That chart from BFG is awesome. With how much mass the stem has it's actually smart to have the SS parts where they are to bleed heat away. Thanks to you I broke out my VVPS and anodized the tip and stem last night. I've only done solid colours before so I'm a little disappointed in how the gradient on the stem turned out, but I at least still like all the colours I ended up with. Kinda shadow-coloured.

Here's a link to the finished product! I've got three pics in there, the little black ceramic bit in the last one is from my V3P's glass WPA. It somehow fits perfectly into the MP and tip adapter so I use in the mouthpiece it as a final filter for any scooby snacks that rarely make it through.

The tip fared better. I wanted that yellow->magenta fade on the stem too but I did the stem first for some reason. Don't do that if you're trying something new. Low mass objects work better (faster) from my experience last night. It also looks like heat changes the finished colour; visually it looks like a 5v bump from magenta to blue, is that a pretty common thing with anodizing?

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Are the airport holes that much bigger on the FUSION over V3Ti ?

Edit yes I drilled them yes I will be ordering parts or a new vape soon

Last edited:
2pumpchump,

endof3d

@Necra No. they look to be the same size and number.

A little Dani history might clear some things up for you and those trying to decide which model to purchase.

The current Fusion provides the most air flow of all the previous models but the smallest bowl size. Keep in mind the OG Dani was designed to give a tight, joint like draw experience, so the air flow was minimum. The six air intake holes were the smallest diameter of all the models as was the stem diameter. Users requested more air flow, especially for water use and BFG responded with the V3 SS and later the V3 Ti model.

FWIW I understand the desire to tinker and customize your personal vape. If you read back in this thread, drilling larger holes provides minimal air flow improvements on the V2, V3 SS Dani's. I can attest to that. The V3 Ti air flow would likely be improved with larger air holes because of the differences in wall thicknesses of the Ti bowl and SS bowl, but can't confirm that.

To improve air flow on the V2, V3 SS Dani models, shaving the bowl diameter down produces the most benefits. This is precisely what BFG did to the V3 Ti bowl improving air flow considerably. The cap adjustable V3 Ti air flow gave the users a better experience for water use at the expense of losing approximately 45% + of bowl mass.

The V3 SS and V3 Ti have the same bowls size. The V3 SS has thicker bowl walls and and hence more heat retaining mass but less air flow due to the extra thickness restricting air flow between the cap and bowl. The V3 SS IMO produces the thickest MTL joint like hits.

They’re all really great vapes and hard to make a wrong decision when buying one. Each model is unique and worth exploring for their subtle and not so subtle differences and resulting vape signatures. Cheers to BFG for their customer centered philosophy. :cheers:

2pumpchump

@endof3d thanks I will refer to your post on the history Time from to time!
As far as my modifications this is not an attack on @batteryfreeganz I have modified other vapes at my own risk! Sometimes win Sometimes loose. I knew this will not help with the SS tip it dose work with the smooth TI tip ..

BUT VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND HOW BIG J
YOU CAN SO B4 IT CHANGES MORE THAN AIFLOW .
And the side effects mine is right on the sweet spot right now.

No the reason for me getting a new vape is not because it doesn't work correctly I'm buying a new 1 because I do like it
. BUT I WANT ENYONE THINKING ABOUT THIS TO THEIRS TO know the affect before doing it.
Note this is just a hold me over till BFG has time to make FUSION accries as he is I'm sure busy with working on a vape that what 10 minutes in a tread looks like half you are ungrateful for!🤬🤬🤬🤬

2pumpchump,
Reactions: endof3d

2pumpchump

personally i enjoy glass the most .
but not always the best for caring around.
which stem are people enjoying more?
i would say lots of people seamed to like long wood i only have the glass,metal,the short wood and a few customs but i love the short wood so im sure i would like it to ..
i guess it all depends on your needs out of it .but other than glass easy to brake its my favorite!!!!

2pumpchump,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Anyone else think this cap looks beat up considering it is new
Want to make sure I’m not tripping
It looks a little rough, but I would say it's OK... depending.

I bought 2 and they were both slightly different quality. The main difference between the two was on the very top of the cap. Little spirals on one, different than the other, which was smooth and shiny.

Also, the BFG on mine is much lighter than your one, but that could be the light or the fact the silver is now white on mine.

I'd say it's down to variations in machining but you could reach out to them. I found them very responsive so I think they would sort things out for you if needed.

For what it's worth I chose the rougher looking of the two I got -more character - but I'm funny that way.

But that is rougher looking than my one. Hard call.

Hope that helps

2pumpchump

Anyone else think this cap looks beat up considering it is new
Want to make sure I’m not tripping
is it OG or new IH stile ?

I bought 2 and they were both slightly different quality. The main difference between the two was on the very top of the cap. Little spirals on one, different than the other, which was smooth and shiny.

Also, the BFG on mine is much lighter than your one, but that could be the light or the fact the silver is now white on mine.

I'd say it's down to variations in machining but you could reach out to them. I found them very responsive so I think they would sort things out for you if needed.

For what it's worth I chose the rougher looking of the two I got -more character - but I'm funny that way.

Hope that helps
my OG v3ti had a few swirls on the softer silver like it had been onced over with something after machining was so happy to have 1 and knew it probably get scuffed any way didn't think much of it.
fusion looked a bit different mainly the alloy of it ....... but now that you bring it up mine has a few nicks in the same place will take a pick later

hard to tell if its light or is it really that pitted ????
id make sure it was noted from wear you got it if its not to bad give it a try... if it is that bad then get in touch with someone asap.

hoping the light makes it look worse!😱

2pumpchump,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast

Hope that helps
is it OG or new IH stile ?

my OG v3ti had a few swirls on the softer silver like it had been onced over with something after machining was so happy to have 1 and knew it probably get scuffed any way didn't think much of it.
fusion looked a bit different mainly the alloy of it ....... but now that you bring it up mine has a few nicks in the same place will take a pick later

hard to tell if its light or is it really that pitted ????
id make sure it was noted from wear you got it if its not to bad give it a try... if it is that bad then get in touch with someone asap.

hoping the light makes it look worse!😱
I did and I was told that all the v3 ih caps look like that land I would have to mail it back for a replacement so it’s not worth the effort but it looks worse in person especially the edges

checkyourlibido

I
I did and I was told that all the v3 ih caps look like that land I would have to mail it back for a replacement so it’s not worth the effort but it looks worse in person especially the edges
l wouldn’t care at all if it was disclosed that “all v3 ih caps look like that”

And they could give you at lease a partial refund for not disclosing something that they apparently noticed on all of them. Whatever they do, they should offer more than return shipping on a $35 item, that’s not even good for the planet. Even if they pay for the shipping, it’s not okay to sell all of us blemished units without disclosing.

It can’t be more blemished than me lol, I just want disclosure

Last edited:

endof3d

@Sour Dream I agree with you that it's probably not worth the cost and effort returning. In the photo below the two IH ready Dani caps look to have a rough finish and reflect the appearance of yours.

I recall that John at Vestratto mentioned that the 316 SS and 304 SS caps chip/machine, polish and flame/heat stain differently and to expect that when receiving your 'user addition' IH ready Anvil. He was right and mine's looked like crap compared to the OG Anvil after only the first few sessions. Always trade offs.
caps.png

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I

l wouldn’t care at all if it was disclosed that “all v3 ih caps look like that”

And they could give you at lease a partial refund for not disclosing something that they apparently noticed on all of them. Whatever they do, they should offer more than return shipping on a $35 item, that’s not even good for the planet. Even if they pay for the shipping, it’s not okay to sell all of us blemished units without disclosing.

It can’t be more blemished than me lol, I just want disclosure

Yea it would’ve been nice to know that’s how they looked beforehand, had no idea
@Sour Dream I agree with you that it's probably not worth the cost and effort returning. In the photo below the two IH ready Dani caps look to have a rough finish and reflect the appearance of yours.

I recall that John at Vestratto mentioned that the 316 SS and 304 SS caps chip/machine, polish and flame/heat stain differently and to expect that when receiving your 'user addition' IH ready Anvil. He was right and mine's looked like crap compared to the OG Anvil after only the first few sessions. Always trade offs.
caps.png
That makes sense, I guess I just wasn’t aware, I just gotta get over it

2pumpchump

Yea it would’ve been nice to know that’s how they looked beforehand, had no idea

That makes sense, I guess I just wasn’t aware, I just gotta get over it
Screenshot-20230502-014508-Chrome.jpg

OK I blowed up and screen shot my post the day I got mine has the same spot ..... I'm just guessing but the IH is a harder SS and what ever pitting on the die for crimping the silver ring is getting worse! But now my og cap looks better than my fusion because the IH SS is not forgiving and like to turn dark if you over heat it :bang:

Sir Wibble

Hi ,hoping you can help me.
Got a V3 Ti tip from a friend as it is well and truly stuck.
Tried all the usual methods on BFG YouTube video ,nothing works.
Any tips or tricks you know of .
Any help gratefully recieved.
TIA

2pumpchump

Hi ,hoping you can help me.
Got a V3 Ti tip from a friend as it is well and truly stuck.
Tried all the usual methods on BFG YouTube video ,nothing works.
Any tips or tricks you know of .
Any help gratefully recieved.
TIA
Sell it to me because I want an unaltered sticking cap just to put in my collection lol ..
But ok you said you got it from a friend was it stuck when you got it?
20230505-014148.jpg

20230505-014257.jpg

Edit OK maybe you will not need the 2 pare of pliers but might
The key is heat at the very bottom wear I put a dot ! Next use a small torch and flame when or b4 it clicks try unscrew with a quick snap ... also you might try about 3to 5 second after you have just started heating the cap from room temperature !

Last edited:
Top Bottom