• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

Zak McKracken

Just received it.Did 2 runs,loved it!Then the cap is stuck forever! What do I do now?-I have to say I was cautious not to screw too hard .
I bought it from Lacentralvapeur and abroad so they will probably also tell the same to me @Abysmal Vapor ...Sucks so much.Mine has also vaped weed inside so a bit uncomfortable to send it under my name to another country (but it s almost charred,I take no prisoners lol)Also scratched the tip a a bit already trying to get it out...
It's curious how it's v3 and all those problems occur.I would definitely expect a replacement tip + cap no questions asked since this has happened to quite a few people.It's a shame cause I found it quite appealing in terms of vaping.

ps.Also what about that metallic thingy in the body?It moves ,is it supposed to?

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just received it.Did 2 runs,loved it!Then the cap is stuck forever! What do I do now?-I have to say I was cautious not to screw too hard .
I bought it from Lacentralvapeur and abroad so they will probably also tell the same to me @Abysmal Vapor ...Sucks so much.Mine has also vaped weed inside (but it s almost charred,I take no prisoners lol)Also scratched the tip a a bit already trying to get it out...
It's curious how it's v3 and all those problems occur.I would definitely expect a replacement tip + cap no questions asked since this has happened to quite a few people.
I am very sorry if my post has lead you into buying one.
I just had a talk with Max from LCV who is a great dude and i told him about my situation with the shipping prices. He said i am going to get a resolution till the end of the day.
I asked about why i am getting that email a week after i was told i am getting a replacement,he told that it was some kind of error and it shouldnt been worded like that,i dont really understand what he had in mind,but it isa bit hard to communicate in English when we are not both very good at it from the sound, so please excuse me if i cannot share more input on that.
He even offered to give me a 20 euro voucher for the return shipping ,which is nice,but i am not really looking to shop again soon.
I refused and told him that i either want a replacement cap or to return for a full refund. He told me that he will communicate this with the manufacturer and give me resolution till the end of this day.
Also for the record It is not LCV that decided to do this, he said BFG asked him to recall the caps,so just because someone got special treatment and got a tip without having to return his ,doesnt mean we are in the same boat evidently.

Last edited:

Zak McKracken

Yo man no prob not your fault! I also will accept either full refund to return the whole vape or I will need a replacement cap+tip,(mine even worse lol) ...Still not feeling too well returning the vape with vaped weed inside...tricky. Worst is that the joy of getting a new vape is replaced with dealing with annoying and time consuming things,which is the reason we vape in the first place lol...

Abysmal Vapor

Yo man no prob not your fault! I also will accept either full refund to return the whole vape or I will need a replacement cap+tip,(mine even worse lol) ...Still not feeling too well returning the vape with vaped weed inside...tricky. Worst is that the joy of getting a new vape is replaced with dealing with annoying and time consuming things,which is the reason we vape in the first place lol...
Yeah it is Catch 22 really. Cant send it like that or risk damaging it and not getting a refund,lol. Anyway i have faith in LCV to make it right.
I also just inspected the orings on mine and they have melted since i overheated due to the mechanism failure... thank god i didnt inhale this crap
I am with you wondering did i paid for a beta version of v3,lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As expected LCV did make right on me and i already have a tracking number for the replacement.
------------------------
For all the people that rounded up on me,i just wanna say that i wasnt attacking anyone,sorry if it it seemed like that. I was just frustrated about an inadequate solution to a problem that i am not responsible for. I am all in for supporting vaporizer manufacturers and retailers,but you just cannot make buyers pay for your mistakes.
Next time think twice of the impact that recallin caps and having user sending it on their expense would have on your business. For LCV who are long enough in the game it was an easy choice. I ve had a few order with them and had problem only one more time in the past with a defective divine tribe atty which came with defect on the glaze and they also did the right thing,so i havent doubted them,but i wanted an answer WHY from BFG? I dont care if i will receive it anymore since i got a resolution. I will also mention it one more time ,if it wasnt for the defensive team i would have posted just a single posle and the resolution after,but thanks to you it turned into a pages long drama.
Lesson learned ,this is the last time i engage in back and forth with people who dont even care to read all the info or dont have empathy just because they had special treatment or a problem free vaporizer.

Last edited:

Zak McKracken

Yeah it is Catch 22 really. Cant send it like that or risk damaging it and not getting a refund,lol. Anyway i have faith in LCV to make it right.
I also just inspected the orings on mine and they have melted since i overheated due to the mechanism failure... thank god i didnt inhale this crap.
I am with you wondering did i paid for a beta version of v3,lol.
LCV just told me they are sending a new one today! I hope both tip and cap,I clarified it to them now.They didn't ask for anything back.Props to them.

Abysmal Vapor

LCV just told me they are sending a new one today! I hope both tip and cap,I clarified it to them now.They didn't ask for anything back.Props to them.
Yeah they are stand up guys . He thought it was you that was calling on the phone ,haha . I told him that i know you and said i feel bad for recommending it to you and they said not to worry and you will also be taken care of !Let's not forget that he is still one of us even if he doesnt take part at the forum anymore . It is really a small community so it is good for us to have our backs and raise the flag when needed . Cheers !

Zak McKracken

Yeah they are stand up guys . He thought it was you that was calling on the phone ,haha . I told him that i know you and said i feel bad for recommending it to you and they said not to worry and you will also be taken care of !Let's not forget that he is still one of us even if he doesnt take part at the forum anymore . It is really a small community so it is good for us to have our backs and raise the flag when needed . Cheers !
thanks a lot dude,your word probably played big role in resolving this so fast :) He just told me he sent cap+ tip !And yes he seems like a really cool guy,didn't know him from here but yes definitely not a cold businessman so I definitely prefer dealing with them over others.So this tip/cap should be from the last batch?

Abysmal Vapor

thanks a lot dude,your word probably played big role in resolving this so fast :) He just told me he sent cap+ tip !And yes he seems like a really cool guy,didn't know him from here but yes definitely not a cold businessman so I definitely prefer dealing with them over others.So this tip/cap should be from the last batch?
Btw do you have a vice or two sets of pliers ? I chucked the tip on the vice wrapped with a cloth and gripped the very top of the cap with pliers wrapped in cloth and still managed to scar ,but it got free.
P.S When tip is on the right ,you rotate the cap towards you ,to get it free.(counter clockwise)
Btw if i could think of simple fix,it would be adding the right size washer that will prevent the cap from sticking all the way !(The black one on the top right,i dont know how are these called in English,but it is the horseshoe type).
metal-washers-different-shapes-and-sizes-on-a-white-background-cut-picture-id1303638640

Last edited:

checkyourlibido

Deleted. I got angry because it seemed like a rude response to a person who received a defective product, which finding a defect does not seem to be unique for the V3, but I don't know how many units they produce or percentages. Also, I don't get why people don't just accept people that come to warn others about a bad experience. I love getting a heads up.

Anyhow, I do want to get a Dani. Thanks for all the positive AND negative feedback.

Last edited:

Mando

I'm new here & don't wanna get y'all hate but since every coin has two sides i want to share my experience... I am very pleased with my v.3. I think some people mistake that BFG is some grand vaping company like S&B or Dynavap or any other major brand. It's a small business in VietNam selling their product half way around the world! Peeps here that say this vape is a beast are not making this up. The other vapes that i use ever since i got my Dani is the DV's Omni v.1. It' that good. I use it few times a day as with my DVs i could spin them all day to feel that high. Yes, i'm a heavy user but who here isn't. I only have a few vapes but i always expect some issues when i order one- not because i want to have issues just my experience has taught me so(guess i'm old :) I ordered directly from BFG on IG with hopes to get the latest iteration of the device & so i did. Yes, it sucks to get a faulty unit but try to settle things with diplomacy first. Jumping & saying this & that before you have resolution leads to nothing but confusion to folks that are considering to buy it or not 'cause it's a vape worth having.
Now something i found that stopped the o-rings from tearing apart when i remove the tip from the adapter part. I now lube (with lip balm) not only the o-rings on the tip but inside the adapter as well- where the o-rings are in contact with the wall! I have maybe 15+ pull out & ins of the tip & not a single damaged o-ring ever since! Just don't forget to lube these parts after every cleaning process and you should stop having this issue. Last but not least something very important- make sure the device is still warm not hot(recently after use) before you try to disassemble the tip. If the metal is cold o-rings tearing is very likely.
Cheers to this great community!

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

@Mando Welcome.If you ask me the reason why orings brake is because there isnt mirror polish inside the screw ring which facilitates the tip. It is just too abrasive at least on my unit.Next version of Danivape should be mirror polished on the inside,it is easier for cleaning ,too. Using lube might be a solution ,but i dont want such substances in hot areas . I am here for a long time and i am pretty aware of what goes as ok and what not. Glad that i got a resolution that is adequate to the situation. In:: my country we say : Measure twice,cut once. If a tailor cuts your sleeves ,too short will you pay him extra too make them the right lenght ,this is how this situation stands with me,i agree my point of view isnt absolute ,but i think it is pretty fair.

Last edited:

davap84

I was about to buy a ti Dany form LCV.
I think i'll wait for a v5, i don't really need it now.

Thanks for the warning.
You have change the deals for simple customers like us about cs.
I'm okay to being a loyal customer of a little vietnamese shop. But i'm not a sponsor. A deal is a deal. That's business's rules.

Abysmal Vapor

I was about to buy a ti Dany form LCV.
I think i'll wait for a v5, i don't really need it now.

Thanks for the warning.
You have change the deals for simple customers like us about cs.
I'm okay to being a loyal customer of a little vietnamese shop. But i'm not a sponsor. A deal is a deal. That's business's rules.
Yeah my trust in LCV has even increased after that situation and they can have my business for the future,because it is important how it ends. I am not writing off Danivape and BFG,it is a cool design ,i can live with a little roughness and still be happy. Hopefully this mistake will not drive them in the ground and they can continue to develop the product.
You should at least wait to hear our feedback on the replacements before you commit to order just to be on the safeside !

Weedaholic

Unfortunate that your having that experience with the Dani. Have a V2 and V3 SS models and the V3 smooth sided Ti model which will be delivered today. My experience with the Dani has been the total opposite of yours. Still haven't touched any of my DV's since May.

The thread tolerances on both my SS's were quite close when they arrived, so I gently turned the cap on and off until they opened up. Any rough spots I gradually applied more pressure while turning, going back and forth till they smoothed out.

Should the treads have been cleaned up better before leaving the factory? Sure. However, my Anvil that cost 3 times more arrived with the threads in far worse condition. That was a disappointing day.

Not sure if the above is a fix for your unit, but it worked for the Anvil and both Dani's for me.

OT: Metals don't normally wavier in price to extreme when inflation is under control. Banks/countries have been buying huge volumes of physical silver and gold over the past few years looking for a safe haven, anticipating the current high global inflation and markets dropping. The COMEX physical silver inventories are presently very low. Paper contracts can only buffer the current spot price for so long if the global economy continues on the road it's on.

So why am I telling you all this? If I was a betting man I'd wager that the Dani will be too costly to manufacture in it's current iteration this time next year. Hope I'm wrong for many reasons.
Thank you kind sir for your suggestion on the thread issue i will give it a go.....I put it in the freezer and tapped it on a bit of wood and it came free for now. Unfortunately my main problem has not being fixed..No matter how long are what torch i use i cant get any decent vapor from it. No vapor whatsoever on the click and when i push it past the click to the point of combustion i only get light vapor from it, and i mean light. Thanks again anyway for your suggestion on the thread issue.

Weedaholic,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
My smooth sided Ti V3 Dani arrived yesterday. Every thread is buttery smooth and all sharp edges have been removed. I also lube my O rings but not even necessary on this version. Air flow is about 25% more open than the V3 SS version when the oven is fully closed down and at least twice that when fully adjusted open.

The walls of the bowl is about half the thickness with the spirals removed and hence lighter with less mass. Haven't fired it up yet, but should function well for native or water use with the adjustable air flow feature. Phil @ soothingvapours.ca threw in a bunch of goodies including a glass stem. Anxious to see what it taste like through glass with a Ti bowl.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I will share my story. I did get a sticky cap once. In the end I got it lose. I have not tightened it all the way since and it has not stuck again. I think this gets better with use.

The clicker seems to be working fine, and my orings are okay.

My tip is very tight in the metal body. To be honest I have just left it in the metal top section and not touched it. When I clean I don't disassemble the tip from the top section and use cotton buds. Perhaps a little wet and dry sand paper might help? Might try that but a little afraid to mess with it.

Other than these points the vape is fantastic. It keeps passing my reach test time and time again. I generally get three reheats per bowl. 1st heat 3seconds past the click. 2nd - 1 second. 3rd on the nose. The AVB is dark and even. Each heat you get a fair few tokes each time.

For people with problems, I can understand your frustration. I recommend you stick with it - it's worth it in the end.

Fox

Hallo Leute, hat jemand die Erfahrung gemacht, dass die Kappe des V3 nach dem Erhitzen nicht mehr abgeschraubt werden kann und eine andere Lösung gefunden, als ihn nicht ganz zu drehen? Vielen Dank!

Last edited:

maremaresing

So, the smooth ti tip has much larger airflow (great!) but does it retain the same performance/clouds as before? With ti, do you get less rips as it cools faster? I REALLY shouldn't be tempted to buy yet another dani lmao. Would be nice to switch the ti smooth tip to glass, and the v3 to my amazed stem.

Both my V2 and V3 pass the reach test over every single other vape I own, and have for at least a month or two. The only thing I don't have packed away right now is the pax2, which is an exclusively sporting vape, but even it doesn't get used.

V3 on the glass diy wpa performs splendidly through glass. It's a one hit wonder that wrecks me every time. It's the go to home vape.

V2 (on the v3 body with the mtl drip tip) has the restriction to provide just the most incredible cool MTL hits. I usually get like five or six nice clouds before it clicks. Satisfying and relaxing, and I haven't had a mouthfeel like this since I quit cigs (:rip: why did i ever smoke those horrible things?!). It's really the perfect fun MTL for me.

The V2 really surprised me on a recent cold weather campout. I brought the pax because its nice and no fuss, but ended up finding the V2 to be more portable and faster extracting. Taking a "spark up" break off to the side before getting on with things reminded me of the days carrying bowls or one hitters. A nice experience, with all the benefits of vapor. Between the body and MTL tip, the vapor comes out really cool.

My partner who doesn't normally partake and coughs like crazy from the smallest hits was always down for a mouthful from the dani when I pulled it out. That's new.

Fox

So the solution to a cap that is stuck is. Sand the tabletop, sandpaper and cap a small amount so that it does not sit on the ring but seals the chamber in the cap.

Fox,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I believe this is more to get the silver back instead of just wasting it and leaving it on a broken cap. Plus, how can he fix a problem without actually seeing the product in his hands? Also, I'm sure u will b surprised to hear this, but there are people that will try to just get free stuff without there actually being a problem with their caps. Sending the cap back helps put a stop to this, allows bfg to inspect to see what can be fixed so it doesnt happen again, and to recoup some of the costs in the silver(the plan is to melt down and make new rings). Bfg isn't a big company by any means. So, to lose out on the silver and to send out caps(the most expensive part) for replacement caps that aren't defective will put him out of business. I would say talk to who ever u bought it from. The shipping shouldn't be ,20 euros, bad and then they can send it back to bfg. And if it's straight from bfg I'm sure he can figure out a fix for ya. He has been more than accommodating when it comes to replacements. But I am also ordering more than just the cap so the shipping isn't as noticeable for me. He has asked me to collect the defective ones back to send to him. And I have asked for the damaged ones back and I haven't had much luck. I have sent out replacements only to receive nothing back. I don't make much on the dani sales so for me it makes sense to send the replacement (5.00 usd for tracked shipping out of my pocket) and then ask the vaporist to send the defective cap back( 5.00 usd out of their pocket). That hasn't worked out well. Lol. But I'll keep sending them, because I'm more concerned with customer satisfaction. I can't speak for any other resellers but I know every other reseller that I have dealt with have been pretty upstanding people and want the same when it comes to customer satisfaction. And bfg is all about his customer service too so just give him a chance here.
I had planned on ordering from you anyways but it's nice to see a company that give a crap about the customer

@thunderstealer1337 If you are going to play advocate ,know the facts. I already mentioned i would have lived with the scars and the threading defect,but my cap stopped clicking.. I can illustrate that perfectly in a video or live video call or are we going to need some experts to do an investigation if there wasnt sound manipulation or a deep fake software used...
Situations like that is just what turns an understanding customer into an unhappy one that wants refund. Hope the people on the business side can do the math ,too. If they are going to earn more money from reselling defective used vapes than sending out a 10$ cap, it is cool with me.
I need to see your last 6 months of call/text logs, I need your blood type and a stool sample before we can process your return sir

Wesleypipes

I had planned on ordering from you anyways but it's nice to see a company that give a crap about the customer
I try to do what I can. I wasn't giving @Abysmal Vapor a hard time, i was trying to help him understand where bfg's mindset is. But that is what it is. I'm a vaporist first and foremost so I tend to fall on the side of how I would want to be treated but I also have to relay the message from bfg. Which I can understand wanting the caps back for the silver. But I can also understand that its a hassle, inconvenience, and it sux when u can't use ur dani

checkyourlibido

So the customer has to pay the return shipping, so the manufacturer of a defective product can have more of a precious metal? Is that compensating someone for failure?

It’s too early. I must be confusing things as I normally do. Maybe I’ll just wait for the V4, maybe the policy and sticking issues will be better then

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The cap stuck again. On my third attempt I got it unstuck.

I stuck my Dani in the freezer, then heated the very tip of the cap. I was hoping the cap would expand and free itself. It worked!

I have now used a very small amount of some food safe brewers lube on the threads. The cap moves very freely. Hope the lube can take the temperatures involved.

I was going to buy another tip and cap, but I'll hold off for the v4.

Abysmal Vapor

So the customer has to pay the return shipping, so the manufacturer of a defective product can have more of a precious metal ?
Exactly my feelings. Also it is not really just the 20 euro. Also having to deal with packaging and arraning pickups. Also imagine if one has to make time and get off work so he can go to the post office and send it for "cheap" . In my situation such trip would end even more costly as i dont have any post offices nearby ,nor the time to deal with that crap. Not to mention i had 1 of 4 packs lost with that shitty national posts of our and it would have been a month to France. It was better to ask us if we would like to support them and donate them the cost of the silver ,rather than contributing further more to the CO2 emissions on this dying asteriod we are living on. Not wanting to sound like Greta Thungberg,but I can recycle mine just by putting it in the metal bin and waste will be even further minimized.
Anyway Kudos to LCV for stepping up on the situation ! Still waiting for the package to arrive. @Zak McKracken did already received yours,our national posts are the worst.

Last edited:
Top Bottom