• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The CORRECT way to store your bud?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Anyone else use herbguard jars? Also, how often should one swap out humidity packs?

The Boveda packs just DRY out and get HARD.

Yeah, as long as it feels "squishy", like there is liquid flowing around when you squeeze the pack, then it's good.

Once the pack starts to feel "grainy" and dry when you squeeze it, then it's done, and you should replace it.

Also, be aware that it can be possible to rehydrate and reuse these Boveda packs...at least a couple of times.

Ralph

Because Boveda influences the flavour. How the hell do you want me to measure that... but I do have these things called tastebuds so case closed imo.

I think you may need to smoke some of your bud and chill out dude! Just a simple question. People take measurements all the time and when you make a statement it would be nice to back it up with some data.

El Magico

I think you may need to smoke some of your bud and chill out dude! Just a simple question. People take measurements all the time and when you make a statement it would be nice to back it up with some data.
I'm chill you're the one using all them !!!!!
Besides I didn't make any claims I just recommended Integra so people wouldn't have to take my word for it and taste it for themselves.
Again tell me how to measure flavour ?

It sure does...it makes it last for ages. :lol:
I have wanted to try some of those Integra 55% jobs but they are not as easy to come by as Boveda 58% (that I may also try) around here.
Smartass :p
Overhere it depends one shop carries Integra the other Boveda some have both.
If you live in Europe I don't mind helping you to get your hands on some not that I'm racist or something it's just that shipping would get expensive for some packs :lol:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't mind helping you to get your hands on some
Thanks for the offer but I am in Australia, Tassie. I just managed to snag 1x4g 55% Boost pack cheap on Ozzie eBay (last one!) so I can try some with this batch that is almost finished burping and ready for O2 removal/storage...just have to use a little quart Mason wide mouth for 1x 4g (hopefully it is big enough to work its magic on my 62% cure...might sprinkle pack the jar so less material for it to work on (I will report back in 6 months when I will get to vape it)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
This Boveda versus Integra debate comes up often. It ends up as a “taste” issue, and therefore one based on personal preferences.

As many cigar connoisseurs use Bovida packs in their humidors, I tend to believe if they altered the taste they would not be popular.
I received some Integra packs with a product, but after testing they were NG, so I was unable to use them.
There was NO humidity level card included with them, and that’s the main reason I prefer the Boveda packs as you can tell by feel when they are dried out, the Integra packs never feel dry, instead relying on a card indicator.

If you read my post #8 in this thread, you can easily test humidity output in a simple mason jar with the Bluetooth Govee humidity gauges. That would be the best way to monitor any brand pack, and I use them in SS CVaults in a kitchen cabinet, and can see both temperature and humidity on my iPad in another room.

So…. back to TASTE…. decide for yourself which is best. I’ll stick with Boveda, and could care less what your taste buds say…

TheEncore

Does anyone use a wine fridge? Since there is some disagreement about the optimal temperature, a wine fridge or even a cheap beverage cooler that maintains a temperature of 40-60 degrees would be a good compromise. The lowest temps for these appliances carries no risk of freezing if you're worried about trichomes freezing and breaking off. Plus it just seems a cool way to store your cannabis. Affordable options from $40 to $150 seem reasonable.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Alright so I recently acquired a couple of hydrostones and the booster packs. I needed some leger storage as well so I got some wide mason jars. To keep shit from getting into contact I got some of that mouldable polymer and made some crude separators. Better than those expensive ass baskets lol though I love the idea of the stone and and pack hanging on top (I suspect the polymer doesn't allow the refinement needed for such a setup).

And the results are impressive. I've consequently used it with three batches of 5g each (max. amount sold, bs law). First I think was in pretty good shape already, so after leaving it for 24h it was a bit much. When I took the stone out it soon improved though. Second batch was also pretty good already, left it for 12h and did get a more juicy experience (nicer vapor and better flavor over a wider temp range). Yesterday I picked up batch 3 and though it looked good it was really lacking in flavor and vapor production. After leaving it for 24h it's a world of difference. Thanks for bringing this to my attention @VapePerson i will definitely keep on doing this!

You Seem Stunned

I used both on my last grow. Just finished it after a year in Boveda jars and Integra jars. IMO, the Integra seemed to keep the material a LIL BIT fresher. Both maintained Excellent flavor even after a Year.
I did the same because fuck the bro-science shit. I like to see if there's any validity to all the things they say you gotta do for growing and I like break all the rules to see what happens (I do the same with growing shrooms). Most of the time there's no difference. Wet vs Dry trim, Flush vs No Flush, VPD vs what the fuck ever as long as you don't get mold, rot, or sad plants...

I found no difference between boveda and integra and just buy what's available or cheaper at the time.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Does anyone use a wine fridge? Since there is some disagreement about the optimal temperature, a wine fridge or even a cheap beverage cooler that maintains a temperature of 40-60 degrees would be a good compromise. The lowest temps for these appliances carries no risk of freezing if you're worried about trichomes freezing and breaking off. Plus it just seems a cool way to store your cannabis. Affordable options from $40 to $150 seem reasonable.

Unless you are very experienced with bud storage, I do not recommend anyone ever store in their fridge or freezer. Without proper care, you will eventually experience humidity issues and potentially mold...

How many of you have started/converted to those raw stones?

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

buzzy funny

I store in vacuum-sealed mason jars in a Curidor unit. The latter is a small refrigerator specifically for cannabis. As Abele said, storing in a household fridge or freezer can cause issues in the short and long term.

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I have hoarding issues from growing up in the 60s and 70s. I keep my excess cannabis in Mason jars, w/Boveda, and, if it's long term (over 6 months) I add a couple oxygen eaters to the mix. I store it in an old dorm fridge, set at the warmest setting. Does it work? Works for me.
Thanks for the refrigerator suggestion. I grow some years and I like you hold on to my older cannabis for sometime. Cheers mate!

Okla68

I have hoarding issues from growing up in the 60s and 70s. I keep my excess cannabis in Mason jars, w/Boveda, and, if it's long term (over 6 months) I add a couple oxygen eaters to the mix. I store it in an old dorm fridge, set at the warmest setting. Does it work? Works for me.
My wife just said that I was a Pack Rat...didnt realize I was effected by the 60s 70s...a Hoarder, lol !

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have hoarding issues, and I grew up in the 90’s.

The hoarding habits are caused by the being illegal issue. When I lived in Texas a couple years ago I tried to never have less than a quarter pound of flower total among the strains I had in my stash.

It would have been at least a pound if I could afford it.

I didn’t want to find myself with less than a few months supply in case my current hookup gets arrested or otherwise disappears.

These days I have anywhere from 1 - 2 oz in my stash, between ten or twelve strains. And I keep a few grams of concentrate at any given time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom