• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

Gottawin

That's cute.. If it's seen 30 states in the past 3 years then you are doing something.. I seriously doubt it though..

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
i understood what you were saying, just trying to find the humor in things.

Speaking of which, would one of you post a picture of yours, say with a quarter, for scale.

GoldenBud

got my SJK today. added some Isolierband with 18/14 glass adapter, it works so well! impressive upgrade to my VapCap.
the best tip I've got: with SS tip, if you want big hit, pull if out 2-3 seconds after the click so it'll be hot enough. works great!

Woody

This IH is mostly empty space inside and the case is the bulk of the weight. They made it this way so it sits nice and stable in a clinical setting where you might not get too happy burning yourself with hot knives and wax.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Issue prolly been discussed before, it would make for an attractive unit if the casing
Wasnt so clinical.

But fully functional, and the price is right. 🤔

Woody

I like the clinical looks and features. It doesn't look like it's for "smoking crack" so you can leave it in plain sight.

I don't think anybody has mentioned this but some people will care - adding any orifice restricting hands free mod like DDave's mod or adding a 18mm to 14mm adapter will mean that the mod will start to SMELL as it accumulates vapor resin. An unmodified SJK won't trap in that little puff of of vape we all see. My unmodified SJK IH is odorless compared to my WDLX which I need clean as the glass gets gummed up and it REEKS! I have to store my WDLX inside a case. or it stinks up the whole place.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It’s BIG, and SLOW (1 plus cycles to click) 15 second cycle time out. But.....
It’s inexpensive, and a good backup.
Doubt the fan is needed, so some space can be saved, but the board itself is long.... to those considering a replacement case...

4C722668-F184-413C-8C33-25D50BAF0B6A.jpeg

Woody

Issue prolly been discussed before, it would make for an attractive unit if the casing
Wasnt so clinical.

But fully functional, and the price is right. 🤔
Just a heads up that this IH has a GENTLE PWM type of heating profile. It takes a lot longer than most setups but if time is not an issue (good for sessions, not so good for single hit micro dosing) it makes for a great desktop IH.

It’s BIG, and SLOW (1 plus cycles to click) 15 second cycle time out. But.....
It’s inexpensive, and a good backup.
Doubt the fan is needed, so some space can be saved, but the board itself is long.... to those considering a replacement case...

View attachment 10578
It being BIG and SLOW is actually what some people want. This perfectly complements my small, portable and fast WDLX (it was too fast, I slowed it down.)

SJK + WDLX combined is still cheaper than a lot of other setups!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It being BIG and SLOW is actually what some people want. This perfectly complements my small, portable and fast WDLX (it was too fast, I slowed it down.)

SJK + WDLX combined is still cheaper than a lot of other setups!

I rarely use it, as I have a Fluxer Deluxe, but it was my GATEWAY IH, so I’m familiar with its operation.
My DDave glass insert mod works great, don’t have any lingering smells with any of my IH units.

*read rules on back to back posts..... :)

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Woody

Another positive thing about the SJK is that it's an actual commercial product that has been in production for a long time.
For the one guy that it almost burnt up (it didn't) you know there are hundreds or thousands of dental technicians that leave this thing plugged in and use this thing full-time as an actual job. I think that is why the fan is there. So it can cool down a device that is plugged in and working all day long. NOBODY can consumes this much herb!

*just read "rules" on back to back posts under Ettiquette - When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Sorry! :\
...but
*about the rules section
-they are flexible.
- If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.

Okay, i'll behave

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Is a battery/portable conversion possible?

Be cool to have it out in the yard, with a six pack. —OK, a beah.

Woody

Is a battery/portable conversion possible?

Be cool to have it out in the yard, with a six pack. —OK, a beah.
Sure anythings possible but it's not very practical. Unlike other IH that use an external power brick to convert AC to DC (something that nobody discusses in other desktop units - you need to supply the ZVS module with 12v DC and for a desktop unit that means a power brick.) the SJK unit has mere cord that plugs into any socket. It converts AC to DC directly on the one board, effectively making this self contained desktop unit much smaller than it actually is compared to other DC based IH units that need an external power brick.
You would have to redesign the board to use DC directly or you would have to supply it with DC voltage that is converted to AC then back to DC.
It's best to keep this as a desktop unit and get a seperate portable device to supplement it. I say supplement instead of replace because no battery powered IH can match the gentle and easy heating of the SJK. This is why I have this and the WDLX.....and other methods

Top Bottom