• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I would have been 😱.
Do you now turn off/unplug it, when not attended?

Remind me to be a fanboy.
Hoo, boy.

Cant be too careful, these daze.

Woody

I unplugged my fan to keep it quiet (as others have also done)...on both my units (the first one melted down while sitting being unused but plugged in for some reason, a pool of plastic in the heating orifice but no sign of fire)
Was it on? Even if plugged in the switch is a physical device. Perhaps the switch failed in a freak incident.
Have you considered the fact that you did remove the fan and the fan is there to cool it and it end up overheating? Once something gets hot enough it becomes a positive feedback loop.
Did you leave it on near some metallic objects that might have triggered the sensor?
I still beleive yours was an isolated incident as this unit has been sold for more many many years (mine had a 2010 stamp.)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I always unplug it now. I last used it as normal, the lights and cycling etc and the unit went into idle as normal and the next time I went to use it the cork in the bottom of my unit had melted into the unit. I do not believe it was related to unplugging that noisy cheap assed fan as my new unit has been unplugged like other users on here with no problems for quite some time now.
Edit...I just found I posted this 10 or so pages back,

mine just melted itself, a nice little puddle of plastic where the top hat used to be. seller said they had some with faulty solenoids and is replacing it for me for free. I really like the SJK IH, shits on a lighter for ease of use at home and you can heat more than 1 cap at a time, a handy feature for bonging along.:tup:
IMG_20180930_132327.jpg

Last edited:

Woody

It is coincidence that a solenoid broke (not sure how if it had no power from the mains - sounds like you kept it on? ) No solenoid can melt down because of itself if there is no power. Just like how a butane lighter cannot melt down n it's own if there is no butane inside to burn.
Did the seller just made a hypothesis (like me) on what could have gone wrong? I know that some people will say just about anything if they think that whatever they say might stop the hurt.
I still haven't heard of anybody with an unmodded SJK experiencing any meltdowns.

Woody,

Gottawin

I disconnected my fan almost 3 years ago and have never had an overheating issue.. U do however cut off the power when not in use.. Whether it be by light switch or unplugging it.. I never touch the switch on the unit (I personally think that it's a weak spot)..

LesPlenty

Company Rep
not sure how if it had no power from the mains
It was plugged in and powered on...I used to leave it on all day and let the auto proximity switch do the work, only turning off at the power point when I went to bed...I now leave it switched off at the wall when not in use (we have manual switches on our AC wall outlets in Oz).

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Gottawin
Top Bottom