The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
@Hackerman Thanks for starting this thread already two years ago! And to all of you for your imput. It prompted me to get one and it is indeed super efficient and quite convenient. And the fan does not bother me as I apprehended it would. Thanks again and have an enjoyable summer in the mids of the turmoil. :peace:

Last edited:

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
I am in need of some advice here please. With a flame on the cap of my M 2020, I had two clicks and vapour, mostly on the second cycle. With the SJK I get one click, rarely two, and no visible vapour. Should I leave the VapCap beyond the clicks and, if so, how long? I get medicated but I don't get really flavourfull draws nor any visible vapour. Thanks for your :2c:...

FabulatorPoeta,
Reactions: LesPlenty

NexVision

I am in need of some advice here please. With a flame on the cap of my M 2020, I had two clicks and vapour, mostly on the second cycle. With the SJK I get one click, rarely two, and no visible vapour. Should I leave the VapCap beyond the clicks and, if so, how long? I get medicated but I don't get really flavourfull draws nor any visible vapour. Thanks for your :2c:...
If you are only getting 1 click with the 2020 you are not leaving it in long enough. I advise putting it in with a empty bowl and timing out the clicks.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

While it’s best to attempt reading the whole thread for ultimate knowledge, if you like start at my post linked below. I ended up finding the DDave insert pushed all the way in the heater gave the best results. Both my titanium and SS tips, don’t click after the 1st FOUR cycles, but after taking the VC out then back in, the click/clicks happen.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
If you are only getting 1 click with the 2020 you are not leaving it in long enough. I advise putting it in with a empty bowl and timing out the clicks.
I’ll do more dry run, an excellent idea. Thank you for your input @NexVision .

While it’s best to attempt reading the whole thread for ultimate knowledge, if you like start at my post linked below. I ended up finding the DDave insert pushed all the way in the heater gave the best results. Both my titanium and SS tips, don’t click after the 1st FOUR cycles, but after taking the VC out then back in, the click/clicks happen.

Thank you @RustyOldNail. I have read the full thread before purchasing the unit. For the time being I’ll try to go at it holding the VapCap which for me feels more “in control” I guess, experimenting with length of time after the click(s). I will look around if I can find a tiny glass container to give it a try. :tup:

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
One of my caps has a 3 second delay between the first and second click when used with the SJK so I would say as stated above, you need to leave the tip in until your second click @FabulatorPoeta.

Now I went for the second click (starting with a cold M20 & captive cap) to find out in amazement that the second click has vanished never to come back... since I use the IH :hmm: So I combusted :cry:...

A few extra seconds are indeed needed and, to get there, almost 2 complete cycles of the SJK timer are needed.

I also noticed during the first heating period some vapour leaking from the M20, something that was mentionned earlier somewhere in this thread if I recall...

To be continued...

Last edited:
FabulatorPoeta,
Reactions: LesPlenty

RustyOldNail

Now I went for the second click (starting with a cold M20 & captive cap) to find out in amazement that the second click has vanished never to come back... since I use the IH :hmm: So I combusted :cry:...

A few extra seconds are indeed needed and, to get there, almost 2 complete cycles of the SJK timer are needed.

I also noticed during the first heating peirod some vapour leaking from the M20, something that was mentionned earlier somewhere in this thread if I recall...

610011cf740a0121362f19935774e60f.jpg

To be continued...

You may not be able to hear the 2nd click, or it’s not there. Just pull on 1st click. But you should not need 2 full cycles regardless. Experiment with the depth you insert into the unit, as I explained in my earlier posts. Or, maybe it’s the unit itself. I don’t use this much anymore as I bought a Fluxer Deluxe IH.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
You may not be able to hear the 2nd click, or it’s not there. Just pull on 1st click. But you should not need 2 full cycles regardless. Experiment with the depth you insert into the unit, as I explained in my earlier posts. .

Hello @RustyOldNail. You are right, the depth makes the difference; and now the second click is audible one time out of four. I'm starting to get the hang of it I think. Practice makes parfect as the saying goes. Thank you for your support.

RustyOldNail

Hello @RustyOldNail. You are right, the depth makes the difference; and now the second click is audible one time out of four. I'm starting to get the hang of it I think. Practice makes parfect as the saying goes. Thank you for your support.

Glad I could help, I’m only right about twice a year. Consider the DDave mod insert, all the way in, is a good depth.

JJ785

Good to see this thread back in business. Is it normal that using the SJK (quite quickly) tarnishes the M tip exterior with a brown tinge? As opposed to using a torch, that doesn't. It's my first IH, so just wondering if it's common to all of them? It takes coffee machine cleaner rather than ISO to get it clean again.

Last edited:
JJ785,

impolioid

Does anybosldy have a link on where to order one of these heaters? Ebay and selling to europe would be beat

impolioid,

RustyOldNail

Good to see this thread back in business. Is it normal that using the SJK (quite quickly) tarnishes the M tip exterior with a brown tinge? As opposed to using a torch, that doesn't. It's my first IH, so just wondering if it's common to all of them? It takes coffee machine cleaner rather than ISO to get it clean again.

Are you talking about the CAP? If so, it’s probably the little bit of vapor that escapes when the VC heats up each time, and gets baked on the outside of the cap. As I’m unconcerned about the caps exterior look, I just wipe it with ISO now and then. I tend to devote more time on cleaning the parts that the vapor moves through before reaching my lungs.

Does anybosldy have a link on where to order one of these heaters? Ebay and selling to europe would be beat

I bought mine on the Amazon US site, so sorry, you will have to search EBay on your own.

RustyOldNail,

JJ785

Are you talking about the CAP? If so, it’s probably the little bit of vapor that escapes when the VC heats up each time, and gets baked on the outside of the cap. As I’m unconcerned about the caps exterior look, I just wipe it with ISO now and then. I tend to devote more time on cleaning the parts that the vapor moves through before reaching my lungs.
Hiya. I'm talking about the tip under the cap, not the cap. It starts to have a brownish tinge pretty quick in use, subtle to see at first but it gets more noticeable after a weekend of pretty light use. The torch not at all in comparison. I was expecting an IH to be 'cleaner' than the torch, not the opposite (although likely that a torch will discolour the cap more obviously)

Other than that (slight) annoyance, I do prefer the IH. You get more effectively medicated and it's easier to use.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Hiya. I'm talking about the tip under the cap, not the cap. It starts to have a brownish tinge pretty quick in use, subtle to see at first but it gets more noticeable after a weekend of pretty light use. The torch not at all in comparison. I was expecting an IH to be 'cleaner' than the torch, not the opposite (although likely that a torch will discolour the cap more obviously)

Other than that (slight) annoyance, I do prefer the IH. You get more effectively medicated and it's easier to use.

I took a photo of my titanium tip for you, any IH and heat will begin to effect the metal. It’s sitting on a clean Simrell stem for comparison, as well as the SS cap. Enjoy your vape, lighters make the parts even messier.
1FF90385-0440-4E22-BE9E-0A94D54A5734.jpeg

JJ785

I took a photo of my titanium tip for you, any IH and heat will begin to effect the metal. It’s sitting on a clean Simrell stem for comparison, as well as the SS cap. Enjoy your vape, lighters make the parts even messier.
thanks, cannot really discern any browning of the tip from the picture... but you have reassured me regardless.

I will indeed continue to enjoy the sjk/vape :)

vaping herbs

Hello dear FC,

I would like to buy a Chinese heater like this now.
Wanted to make sure that it is the right model.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Hello dear FC,

I would like to buy a Chinese heater like this now.
Wanted to make sure that it is the right model.
I have that exact model it works great.
I shoved a 18 to 14mm reducer in and it is hands free.
With a little practice you can play a dynavap like a fiddle.

vaping herbs

Basically, there are 2 versions.... 110v and 220v. Just make sure you get the right voltage for where you live.

In my country is 220v voltage.
In the description it says 110v and 220v, so I am not sure if it is the right one for my country.

I have that exact model it works great.
I shoved a 18 to 14mm reducer in and it is hands free.
With a little practice you can play a dynavap like a fiddle.

What tension do you have in your country?

vaping herbs,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom