The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Maschine

Broke the original mouthpiece during cleaning and ordered a rocket pearl stem for the Angus v1 too.
Although smaller then imagined the rocket pearl stem provides a remarkable better cooling compared to the original mouthpiece. I noticed no loss in flavor or smaller clouds.
What I don`t like is how loose both mouthpieces now sit and fit after a while and some switching and cleaning. Feels like it could always fall off by itself though never happened!

Maschine,
Reactions: Jill NYC

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Sorry, I didn't mean to make a big deal about this. But it seems to me that if it were NOS or seconds, then VGoodiez would just say that, and not maybe/maybe not get a warranty.

The product page does say that, along with the nebulous statement about the warranty.
I admit that a hundred bucks is a dirt cheap price, and a no returns policy is fine, I just wonder about why no warranty. Either it is a manufacturer policy to warranty their product or it is not, eh?
He may cover it. You just need to ask him.

To be clear these are all brand new and have been opened only to perform a necessary firmware update. They don't have Ruby (can be added later) but are all out of the last batch and include the updated cooling unit.

It's not uncommon for manufacturers to try to deny warranty coverage on products. There are various reasons they will try to do this. To be clear I don't think that there are any justifiable reasons where warranty coverage would be declined. But I am just warning people because I simply don't know.

I'm not taking returns because dude it's 50% off! But of course I will take care of folks that would receive a DOA unit. You would get a replacement or a refund if I was sold out already. And for you folks in the EU who want to go on about how we have to accept returns, of course we're going to follow your laws too! We operate as a legitimate business and will comply with the local laws of commerce. But we are not shipping these international so no worries there anyway.

That's about all I would like to say on this topic. I could say a lot more but it won't serve me well and frankly probably wouldn't go over so well here on FC.

No need for speculation folks! If you want clarification you can just ask me or the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like Iā€™m winninā€™ when Iā€™m losinā€™ again
Mine arrived tonight, best sub $100 vape in my kit for sure. There is a taste signature, I really only noticed it when ripping it on max heat on a water piece. It can definitely chuck some clouds if you want it to, but I think it shines in the middle of itā€™s heat range, you can pull nice fluffy vapor for a surprisingly long time on a single load. The taste is fairly good up front, fades quicker than others, but again in those middle heat ranges it pumps a lot of vapor out in a sort of terp sprinkled popcorn flavor. Iā€™m happy with it, would def break it out along with Mighty and AVLP when seshing with friends of any experience range.

Iā€™ve been perusing the thread the past couple of days, I know a number of people including TRWW took a crack at a stem load setup. Are there any that are available that anyone is aware of? I think I might like a stem load over the stock cooling unit.

dutchey666

He may cover it. You just need to ask him.

To be clear these are all brand new and have been opened only to perform a necessary firmware update. They don't have Ruby (can be added later) but are all out of the last batch and include the updated cooling unit.

It's not uncommon for manufacturers to try to deny warranty coverage on products. There are various reasons they will try to do this. To be clear I don't think that there are any justifiable reasons where warranty coverage would be declined. But I am just warning people because I simply don't know.

I'm not taking returns because dude it's 50% off! But of course I will take care of folks that would receive a DOA unit. You would get a replacement or a refund if I was sold out already. And for you folks in the EU who want to go on about how we have to accept returns, of course we're going to follow your laws too! We operate as a legitimate business and will comply with the local laws of commerce. But we are not shipping these international so no worries there anyway.

That's about all I would like to say on this topic. I could say a lot more but it won't serve me well and frankly probably wouldn't go over so well here on FC.

No need for speculation folks! If you want clarification you can just ask me or the manufacturer.
Such a good deal I could not refuse, Thanks Scott!

Maschine

Iā€™ve been perusing the thread the past couple of days, I know a number of people including TRWW took a crack at a stem load setup. Are there any that are available that anyone is aware of? I think I might like a stem load over the stock cooling unit.
Are you talking about something similar like the TM or Airizer has as a loading system? I was thinking the same but never found something :( Should be roughly around a 10-11mm diameter what should be available as plain tubes but my skills in glass works are non existent...
Would be a save buy for me if someone came up with such a solution!

Maschine,
Reactions: Timps27

Gonchin

I recieved mine yesterday. I was only able to run one load through.... after a quick burn off.

It worked well, but there was a weirdness to the draw. The best I can describe it is taking a drink through a cracked straw.

It was a slight rattle or maybe popping. My guess is maybe the beads moving during the draw?

I did disassemble the cooling unit before I tested it... so maybe I didn't get it back together well enough.

It didn't seem to affect performance. The abv was an even chocolate brown.

Last edited:

Pcloudy

Anyone know about how many rubies it takes to do the mod? Id hate to tear it all apart and not have enough on hand.
NVM looks like the breakdown photo shows 26 (im assuming 3mm).

Last edited:
Pcloudy,

Timps27

Feel like Iā€™m winninā€™ when Iā€™m losinā€™ again
I put 27 3mm in, they seem to be bunched more around the outside, I still get white light shining through the middle of the bowl a bit.

Timps27,

Gonchin

I recieved mine yesterday. I was only able to run one load through.... after a quick burn off.

It worked well, but there was a weirdness to the draw. The best I can describe it is taking a drink through a cracked straw.

It was a slight rattle or maybe popping. My guess is maybe the beads moving during the draw?

I did disassemble the cooling unit before I tested it... so maybe I didn't get it back together well enough.

It didn't seem to affect performance. The abv was an even chocolate brown.
After a bit more investigation, I found if I remove the cooling unit and suck air through it, the sound is more pronounced. I think its more like the gurgling from sucking the last bit of soda through a straw. Not a deal breaker, but weird.

Anyone else notice this?

Gonchin,
Reactions: Timps27

budski

cantre member
I like the angus rattle, I put beads in the CU and the ruby mouthpiece,, restricts the air flow but super cool!

Last edited:
budski,
Reactions: Gonchin

Maschine

After a bit more investigation, I found if I remove the cooling unit and suck air through it, the sound is more pronounced. I think its more like the gurgling from sucking the last bit of soda through a straw. Not a deal breaker, but weird.

Anyone else notice this?
I think I know what you talking about and con confirm this too! Funny side note, you can buy metal straws over here in almost any household store and they fit exactly into the CU, so you can really take a sip from a straw :lol:

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Anyone else notice this?
The gurgling comes from the inlet holes on the sides of the metal rotating piece.

My Angus came from the first batch. I soaked the cooling unit in iso and rinsed with water, I thought there was liquid still inside so I levered the rotating piece out using an S&B brush to find it was totally dry.

The iso soak destroyed the internal washers that seal the metal rotating piece.

The updated cooling unit has the same gurgling noise and washers made out of liquorice.

Angus sits in a drawer unused.

Axel_420

New Angus version with rubies and a 100W halogen bulb

floribud

Mine arrived tonight, best sub $100 vape in my kit for sure. There is a taste signature, I really only noticed it when ripping it on max heat on a water piece. It can definitely chuck some clouds if you want it to, but I think it shines in the middle of itā€™s heat range, you can pull nice fluffy vapor for a surprisingly long time on a single load. The taste is fairly good up front, fades quicker than others, but again in those middle heat ranges it pumps a lot of vapor out in a sort of terp sprinkled popcorn flavor. Iā€™m happy with it, would def break it out along with Mighty and AVLP when seshing with friends of any experience range.

I keep mine down on temp 1. The first couple rips are light, but then it gets going and the flavor is outstanding. It produces enough vapor for me to be happy on the low setting. This is now my slow session vape and I keep my ALP our for when I want a fast session. My Mighty+ has been sitting in the drawer.

Anyone else notice this?
Mine have always gurgled a bit, I've had two since the first batch came out. I haven't noticed a problem with it.

New Angus version with rubies and a 100W halogen bulb
Did the old version not have a 100W halogen bulb?

floribud,

Old Stoner1958

Anyone else notice this?
I have an OG Angus with the v2 cooling unit and after I reseated the big white silicone piece in the mouthpiece the gutgling stopped.

Last edited:
Old Stoner1958,
Reactions: 364F

Maschine

I keep mine down on temp 1. The first couple rips are light, but then it gets going and the flavor is outstanding. It produces enough vapor for me to be happy on the low setting. This is now my slow session vape and I keep my ALP our for when I want a fast session. My Mighty+ has been sitting in the drawer.

Mine have always gurgled a bit, I've had two since the first batch came out. I haven't noticed a problem with it.

Did the old version not have a 100W halogen bulb?
Mine says 50W Max on the bottom label.

Maschine,
Reactions: Axel_420

budski

cantre member
if the new 100w bulb is double, what'll that do to the battery life?
Wonder if there's different firmware to drive the high wattage?

budski,
Reactions: 364F

Pcloudy

100w is a hot bulb for sure. That could definitely lead to combustion. Has anyone managed to combust with their angus?

Pcloudy,
Top Bottom