The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
This has all got a bit toxic.

the fake ce mark… is fake. it’s a china export mark, not the EU mark. the photos of the CE testing the device show the marks on the device so he planned to ship with the mark printed whether they had a cert or not. the fact he got a real certificate to go with his fake mark doesn’t really make it better.

I have to say I totally disagree. If you intend to sell in Europe you need a CE mark. Makes total sense to design the device with the mark on as standard from the beginning. Sometimes certification takes some time, and if you don't pass 1st time you would redesign.

On a different point:

YLL is a Chinese company right? I can't help but feel we would not be giving an American company such a hardtime.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
If you intend to sell in Europe you need a CE mark. Makes total sense to design the device with the mark on as standard from the beginning. Sometimes certification takes some time, and if you don't pass 1st time you would redesign
👍
@Texus
what makes no sense is that one goes under all the scrutiny - R&D money and paperwork to be CE compliant and fail to print the logo, fail so much that the logo means no more “comformité européenne“ but ”china export”. the china export logo, by the way, is largely used by chinese manufacturers that do no want to undergo scrutiny but try to sell in EU nonetheless.

images

My_50p_worth

YLL is a Chinese company right? I can't help but feel we would not be giving an American company such a hardtime.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there.

I really do hope the mods start cracking down on the increasing anti Chinese sentiment soon, it’s creating a real hostile atmosphere for Chinese people who just want to be part of the community

vandalizedbythelotus

You’ve hit the nail on the head there.

I really do hope the mods start cracking down on the increasing anti Chinese sentiment soon, it’s creating a real hostile atmosphere for Chinese people who just want to be part of the community
+ @oddjobold

strongly disagree with this. nothing to do with race of nation. even western companies with very rudimentary devices like anvil or dynavap often come under the same level of scrutiny here.

altho perhaps this may not be true for other (chinese) manufactures, not for lack of trying but because they didn't engage and answer queries.
consequently many of us are not interested in those other manufacturer's product.

IMO this level of scrutiny and interest, only shows the potential and value of YLL's angus, and serves to promote it, like free publicity.
seems to me the feedback is overwhelmingly positive, and the quick turnaround on the potential CU issue by YLL is quite impressive.

however personal attacks and white knighting are what's doing everyone (including the manufacturer) a disservice by breeding toxicity.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have you read either of the Grasshopper threads? All American company, made a crappy product, got panned here. Just one example. FC puts makers through the ringer.
I won't disparage your feelings, but please, your post is speculative and now we talk about the race card and not the device? Talk about evidence of racism, or better yet, report it every time to our fine mods. But your "maybe" post just leads to more, like this:
I believe all are welcome here. Yes, we have a-holes who make intolerant remarks, but they are not the spirit of FC, and they will be dealt with, especially if members are vigilant. Please point out racist remarks to mods, every time.

Two very important features of FC:
1. The Report Button (use it!)
2. The Ignore Button (I mentioned just yesterday in this thread). Try it!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

It's naive to think we're not being influenced by the non stop anti China propaganda that's being spouted, well at least here in Netherlands. And also it wasn't until it people started to realize Apple made their phones in China that tens of millions of people started to realize it's not all junk coming from there. I try to be above that indoctrination, but shit just gets internalized.

sickmanfraud

I have to agree with @vapking, particularly about the Report and Ignore buttons. Someone made an anti-semitic comment and I reported it. The mods removed the post and I am ignoring the offending party.

I hope it is still okay to post about the Angus vape itself, not just the manufacturers. I am enjoying my Angus. Zero bad smells or tastes, with the cooling unit and with the WPA.

My TM2 still wins the reach test most times, but the Angus is finding a spot at the table.

I do have one complaint. I would like an audio signal when the vape gets to temp. I turned on my Angus and did not hold it in my hand and the whole session took place without me.

I can answer my own question, the cannabis gets cooked even if you don't hit the vape.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari your comment reminds me how times change. Growing up "made in Japan" was considered a pejorative. Today it is a sign of top quality.

I guess it is a good thing that there are no Russian companies making cannabis vaporizers after 10 months of war reporting.

My_50p_worth

I believe all are welcome here. Yes, we have a-holes who make intolerant remarks, but they are not the spirit of FC, and they will be dealt with, especially if members are vigilant. Please point out racist remarks to mods, every time.

Two very important features of FC:
1. The Report Button (use it!)
2. The Ignore Button (I mentioned just yesterday in this thread). Try it!

I don’t know, I feel you’re looking at it a little too simplistically. It’s not as simple as “member makes obvious racist remark, other member reports it” if it was so simple I feel the issue would’ve been resolved by now.

A lot of the comments in question are not overtly racist as they know the consequence. Instead aiming at “Chinese manufacturing” and/or using other disguises. It’s more of a subtle undertone and I know I’m not the only one that has noticed it.

My issue isn’t a lack of knowledge of report and ignore features (also ignoring just keeps you in your own little bubble and doesn’t address the issue) it’s more the issue of the masking the offenders use.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It's naive to think we're not being influenced by the non stop anti China propaganda that's being spouted, well at least here in Netherlands. And also it wasn't until it people started to realize Apple made their phones in China that tens of millions of people started to realize it's not all junk coming from there. I try to be above that indoctrination, but shit just gets internalized.
Do you understand this is completely off-topic? You infer that someone here is naive?
I don’t know, I feel you’re looking at it a little too simplistically. It’s not as simple as “member makes obvious racist remark, other member reports it” if it was so simple I feel the issue would’ve been resolved by now.

A lot of the comments in question are not overtly racist as they know the consequence. Instead aiming at “Chinese manufacturing” and/or using other disguises. It’s more of a subtle undertone and I know I’m not the only one that has noticed it.

My issue isn’t a lack of knowledge of report and ignore features (also ignoring just keeps you in your own little bubble and doesn’t address the issue) it’s more the issue of the masking the offenders use.
I do understand your point, and the others, I do see subtle and masked remarks. I talk in simplistic terms because this is a vaporizer review forum and not a round table TED talk on racism in all its ugliness. I would rather the thread stayed focused on the vaporizer?

My_50p_worth

Do you understand this is completely off-topic? You infer that someone here is naive?

I do understand your point, and the others, I do see subtle and masked remarks. I talk in simplistic terms because this is a vaporizer review forum and not a round table TED talk on racism in all its ugliness. I would rather the thread stayed focused on the vaporizer?
I think we’d all prefer that my dude. I come on here to talk vapes and have a laugh. Kind of stating the obvious there ;)

I’m glad you see the remarks too though, I just hope one day the mods will find a way to tackle it while allowing genuine criticism of IP theft and the like

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Maybe we can put some punctuation mark (an ending?) to this with a quote from a wise man.
From another thread, just last night.
Thanks, @Stu for being here for FC.
I just removed a bunch of posts as they became an off-topic, race-baiting derail. There were some bits about censorship that I deleted too, heh.

I'd like to remind everyone that you have agreed to our forum rules by participating here. One of our rules is:

I've given out one warning point already for violating this common sense rule. If you can't follow this rule, please leave FC.

Also, if you don't want to be called a racist, maybe try not to say racist shit? :shrug:

:peace:

FearAndLawyering

I had a private DM with a reseller after this message. It is against the forum rules to disclose the contents of the DM, but if you want to say how much you paid, what you received, and any agreements that you made about this vape I would welcome that.
this seems like a good honest way to clear up confusion and should’ve been policy the whole time

anyone posting reviews on a device that isn’t widely available should disclose their pre-order deals. i know at the very least all initial orders got a free WPA and i haven’t seen anyone disclose that

but let’s be honest, people who got the device under a special condition won’t bad mouth it because they lose special access to devices in the future. it’s because of your willingness to cooperate with the brand and marketing that you have that access

Texus

I had a private DM with a reseller after this message. It is against the forum rules to disclose the contents of the DM, but if you want to say how much you paid, what you received, and any agreements that you made about this vape I would welcome that.
Well then if it is against forum rules then by all means keep spewing accusations that are unsupported by any evidence you can share.

I paid 2 handfuls of ditch weed ABV and got an Angus, the WPA, 3 solid gold cooling stems and a red Ferrari. See? No undue influence on my opinion there.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
I find the whole defence of the Angus's current state a bit bizarre tbh. Not because the people sticking up for it are wrong IMO, but because the actual manufacturer (YLL) has decided that these new amendments to the vape are required/desirable.

One side is like "This vape is the bollox, nothing wrong with it".

The other side is like "Nah, XY and Z are not doing it for me".

The manufacturer is taking the "nitpickers" side. What does that say?

I dunno, I'll let you be the judge of that....all I know is that product improvements can only be a positive thing.

On a different note, I have 14 bags of gump weed ABV...what can I get for that???

Jesting, ofc.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

this seems like a good honest way to clear up confusion and should’ve been policy the whole time

anyone posting reviews on a device that isn’t widely available should disclose their pre-order deals. i know at the very least all initial orders got a free WPA and i haven’t seen anyone disclose that

but let’s be honest, people who got the device under a special condition won’t bad mouth it because they lose special access to devices in the future. it’s because of your willingness to cooperate with the brand and marketing that you have that access
I never want early access again tbh

Or only for feedback to maker

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer

What would be nice is if you were to clear up the fact that you are a manufacturer and you continue to go around and trash other manufacturers. Even respected members of this thread and forum have expressed this sentiment to me in private. You certainly have enough commercial interest to provide a fair amount of gifts for the Ed's maw drawing. You are making private sales here on FC. So I'd say that's commercial interest. I don't care how big or small. And neither does FC but for reasons unknown you are left without this tag.

For a guy who wants to spin all of this the way you are and pick and choose the information you find relevant or want to believe, It seems this is very relevant.

My_50p_worth

What would be nice is if you were to clear up the fact that you are a manufacturer and you continue to go around and trash other manufacturers. Even respected members of this thread and forum have expressed this sentiment to me in private. You certainly have enough commercial interest to provide a fair amount of gifts for the Ed's maw drawing. You are making private sales here on FC. So I'd say that's commercial interest. I don't care how big or small. And neither does FC but for reasons unknown you are left without this tag.

For a guy who wants to spin all of this the way you are and pick and choose the information you find relevant or want to believe, It seems this is very relevant.

I have also had issues with that same guy on Reddit, he’s a big mod power abuser with a very obvious conflict of interest.

How he’s gotten away with it for so long I’m not sure

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Well then if it is against forum rules then by all means keep spewing accusations that are unsupported by any evidence you can share.

I paid 2 handfuls of ditch weed ABV and got an Angus, the WPA, 3 solid gold cooling stems and a red Ferrari. See? No undue influence on my opinion there.
I am sure you are joking, but the reseller message I mentioned was because they were trying clear up confusion and not muddy the thread. I was not given permission to share any details and so I won't.

Again I am not insinuating anything. But I will point out that you did not say how much you paid. And you made things less clear by adding a joke. You aren't under any obligation to share anything about the early access deal, but I think it would be helpful for transparency.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I was given 10 pre-production units. As we have discussed there was not enough time to provide feedback before the production units came out.

I selected the 10 people based and who contacted me first regarding interest in the Angus. They were provided a 25% discount on the unit and because YLL gave me the WPA and water tool for free, I passed those items on for free.

Most of these folks aren't even on FC or any other forum. So all of this speculation about coordinated marketing to promote hype is absolute garbage. Nobody was told to say anything, good bad or indifferent.

I'm kind of tired of being accused of sending out shills. Sorry we provide good products and services to our customer. We answer all of their questions before and after the sale. It seems people really like that. I can't control if they come to FC or Reddit or any other place to express their satisfaction. But for people to continue to insinuate that it is being directed by us is absolute garbage. To insinuate that this campaign of hype on this product was facilitated is garbage.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Nobody was told to say anything, good bad or indifferent.
I bought directly from @YLLVAPE OFFICAL and also never got asked to post positive shit or anything.

We arranged so I paid retail (no shipping, no customs, no extra VAT), as I've stated before. I got some extras, bubbler and wpa. It was probably the bubbler and the wpa that got to me lol

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Finished version of my Cooling Mouthpiece/WPA.
I took a Boundless Tera WPA (Which screws onto the Angus WPA) Modified it so that any 12mm glass fits it.
Carved a couple multi-wood bodies (which can be switched back and forth) one is Bocote and Bloodwood, the other is Padauk and Purpleheart...
Did you take the wpa screen outta there or leave in? :)

Custom Flower Hardware,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It would be nice if we could just talk about vapes without attaching perceived motives to the comments of fellow members. If you find a post that you believe violates forum rules, please report it and move on. Let the staff deal with it, we don't need volunteer gatekeepers. Do not engage with rule-breaking posters which only causes more adversity and takes the thread further off topic.

As a friendly reminder:

Be Nice​

• All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
  • Liking flame posts by clicking the corresponding “Like” button is strongly discouraged and may result in a warning point depending on the situation.
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
  • No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
  • No offensive material. Do not post any content that is obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.

Thank you.

:peace:

Top Bottom