The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Texus

It's not a matter of not wanting to buy it, it's more a "why buy it now, when in a few weeks, the new and improved version will be out", kinda situation.

we will wait, wait for the huge increase $ for the updated new model, i bet'cha

Fair enough. Being an early adopter is not for everyone.

And I want to feel that if I am an early adopter the manufacturer (and/or seller) will take good care of me. Which all indicators so far suggest @YLLVAPE OFFICAL and @VGOODIEZ will.

So what I am most concerned about is that the current situation is being accurately characterized. And that is where I worry that certain takes are being cherrypicked.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So what I am most concerned about is that the current situation is being accurately characterized. And that is where I worry that certain takes are being cherrypicked.

There's nothing to worry about, these individual perspectives, like any good FC thread, there are points and counterpoints, made from both sides... Yes the key is to not cherry pick in either case, always take it all together and make an informed decision, that is what proper research is for and what this place is really geared toward, right? :tup:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
It's not a matter of not wanting to buy it, it's more a "why buy it now, when in a few weeks, the new and improved version will be out", kinda situation.
I am sitting on a whole bunch of units. I don't even have it listed for sale right now. It's not because I think there is something wrong with it. I'm just being cautious and waiting to hear back about the photo that went around. I feel good about the unit as is but it's fair if others want to wait.
we will wait, wait for the huge increase $ for the updated new model, i bet'cha
Absolutely not. The price is not going up.

The folks who purchased will be taken care of with new parts. I will not leave anyone hanging.

I will say this though. There is this thread on Reddit just today. Similar pictures to what we saw with the original concerns around the cooling unit with the Angus. Strange this post is not getting nearly the attention the Angus got for the basically the same reason?

Last edited:

Pukka

I will say this though. There is this thread on Reddit just today. Similar pictures to what we saw with the original concerns around the cooling unit with the Angus. Strange this post is not getting nearly the attention the Angus got for the basically the same reason?
Interesting. I wonder if that piece is from the new or old version of the POTV and what plastic is being used. Also wonder if something has changed in the formulation of ISO since that which shouldn't be named. Inquiring minds want to know 🙃

blackstone

The EU distributors updated their banner to this:
"Pre-order! Shipping of the version with the new cooling part from the second week of December"

Not sure if that is just an estimate from them.

I've seen photos of a melted mighty,

Absolutely, but as we have seen melting in both the Mighty and the Angus (remember, the Angus has not been out long and I suspect there are not as many units out in the wilderness as there are with the Mighty), its proof it can and does happen

I think what you saw were pictures of a fake Mighty from China that melted. The first ones used to crack after a year or two of use but I've never seen or heard of them melting in normal use.
The Vivant Alternate I think had cooling units that would go white and melt, and the questions and talk here of when the new or better cooling unit is coming brings back some memories of that, or maybe some other vapes.

then the melting, from what was most likely a short circuit, both of which might be true of s&b's use of PEEK in it's portables.

A Mighty shouldn't overheat or melt if there's a short circuit or anything like that, because they use a safety temperature fuse on all their vapes.

Grover

Retailer
I am sitting on a whole bunch of units. I don't even have it listed for sale right now. It's not because I think there is something wrong with it. I'm just being cautious and waiting to hear back about the photo that went around. I feel good about the unit as is but it's fair if others want to wait.

Absolutely not. The price is not going up.

The folks who purchased will be taken care of with new parts. I will not leave anyone hanging.

I'd like to echo VGoodiez promise: Soothing Vapours will also ensure that our Angus purchasers are sent replacement components as soon they arrive...we want everybody to have the best Angus experience possible.

Texus

They probably use 3M stickers too for that extra special flavor. And I'm sure they've published a total device breakdown and notarized proof of CE certification....

And we'll certainly be holding Ed, Couchlog, Cloud Conniseur, Taffee, Firewood, Alan, Lamart, Boundless, Morwood, etc to the same standards, right gang?

jasp3r

They probably use 3M stickers too for that extra special flavor. And I'm sure they've published a total device breakdown and notarized proof of CE certification....

And we'll certainly be holding Ed, Couchlog, Cloud Conniseur, Taffee, Firewood, Alan, Lamart, Boundless, Morwood, etc to the same standards, right gang?
Dude you really are a broken record, huh?

jasp3r

And I've got thousands of records.

When work slows down I'll head to those other manufacturers' threads to get the answers we all clearly deserve.
Well you still don't get the point I think many have made / have tried to get across to you but let me try explicitly.

Those brands you mentioned, aka
Ed, Couchlog, Cloud Conniseur, Taffee, Firewood, Alan, Lamart, Boundless, Morwood, etc to the same standards, right gang?

You realize that the makers / proprietors of every single one of these products have given extensive demoes with their own lungs at some point. There is a mutual trust that comes with if its good enough for your health, then it's good enough for mine.

I understand the maker does not have access to herb or cbd. But lets see him vape some lavender through it heavily or some other herb that produces vapor? Perhaps if that mutual trust was built at all maybe he could earn some trust / meet the maker more? We know literally nothing about Mike and as far as I know he has never used the angus. (Could be wrong hard to keep up with this thread)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I love FC because of the dialog, the sharing. Every now and then some members get a little too emotional, a little too attached to their own positions, so
sometimes I just use the Ignore button for a while. Very useful feature, used sparingly.

I have my own concern about this device, and no one else has voiced it. Nothing I can confirm, no one has reported any similar issue. But I wait to see if this housing design is viable. Woodworkers know about "short grain" or "end grain" or "head grain", all terms for the same thing.

And here I'll ask for a third time, as curiosity, does anyone know the actual species of wood the body is made of?

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I did not get my Angus in my hands until last Tuesday. I was unable to do much more than look at first since I was medically unable to vape until Saturday night.

Perhaps because it was out of its wrapping for several days before first use it had no odors that I could notice.

I have only played around with it, but the hits were very tasty and the clouds were ridiculously large.

Much more experimentation is necessary but I like and enjoy my Angus.

How hot does the halogen heater get the cannabis if you turn it on and forget to draw?

floribud

Was the first CU replaced due to odors or another reason?

Regardless, glad you are getting a neutral experience.

And looking forward to more CU/mouthpiece options in the aftermarket space too. Until then, dimpled cooling stem for FW7 (which some have suggested is a Hulu stem but can't comfirm) for me!
I replaced my first CU because I broke the locking ring, I’m not sure whose fault that was. I probably tried to reassemble while the ring was in the lock position.

The Hulu stem will fit but it’s not really the experience I’m looking for.

I believe YLL stated that all plastic used is rated to be safe at the expected temperatures. Since I don’t plan on lighting my herb on fire in the bowl like melt picture guy did I’m okay with it for now. Did the person that posted the melt photo even explain what happened?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Re my post 3 posts up, I want to clarify that I do not have an Angus, my 'concern' is pure specualtion and only based on normal photos I've seen of the device here on this thread
I'm still intrigued a lot by the reviews here, which on balance are very positive.
The balls and light bulbs are relatively new on my radar, I wish @YLLVAPE OFFICAL good luck and success.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
VGEZ Has recieved the tear down unit
when angus tear down show and tell ?
well-waiting.gif

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I got the £150 vapewellnes black Friday deal. My Angus arrived last Tuesday. However I did not have time to try it, before I went on holiday.

I can 2nd that it looks very well made and solid. I was afraid it would be too big for a true portable, but the size is smaller that I thought. Nice case, nice accessories, altogether a nice looking package. Magnets very strong.

All this talk of melting plastic has made me go buy the WPA. However I am not overly concerned.

Troy is saying he did 4 sessions back to back at max temp with boost, and no melting. It makes me think there must have been something wrong with the unit that melted. However as far as I know - we don't have any information on how that unit was used. With this patchy info on the melting case, and the fact no one has been able to replicate it its very hard to take it seriously imo.

Would love Mr Melty to come forward and give us some more info!

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Seems absolutely everyone who was carrying this lists it as OOS now. Hope they get the CU issue fixed ASAP.

Cheesequake,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And here I'll ask for a third time, as curiosity, does anyone know the actual species of wood the body is made of?

I thought it had been mentioned previously, this is Walnut wood, pretty sure I saw American sourced Walnut mentioned somewhere, not sure if it is a specific type like black walnut though there is some figuring, seem to be crosscut, end grain?

RAG

There goes my Sunday I guess :goon: Mentioned to Mike and the reseller about the plastic taste I get from my unit without the cu, but my questions are as of yet not answered, he has neither asked me to send in the unit for inspection. Mike initially said he'd talk to the engineers about my issue and get back to me the following day. When I did not hear from him I messaged him again asking the same question, but he just answered that he had a lot to do with the new cu. Promised to send out the new cooling unit directly to me since the reseller isn't responding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom