• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

RAG

I hope there is no stickers or glue anywhere in the airpath
That will still be a no for me
Same here buddy, but lets wait and see what Mike replies. Hopefully not but it seems like the only part he's going to change is the center piece to metal (SS?) and that the rest of the CU is peek. But it looks like it'll keep all the other parts :(

RAG,
Reactions: BigJr48

J.R. Bob Dobbs

So if anyone has a 5DD laying around, the stem fits perfectly into the Angus. It really makes the vape taste much better and the vapor is plenty cool. I'm also glad to have a use for the 5DD stem after the fragile glass cap broke!

I'm enjoying the Angus with this setup. I wasn't a fan of the taste with the stock cooling unit. The flavor is a little better than my Crafty+ and much better than conduction session vapes. It's not as great as the grasshopper, Nomad, or Tasty Tube, but I don't know if anything is!

For the money it's a solid home portable with a glass cooling stem like I'm using. I'm definitely enjoying it.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

So if anyone has a 5DD laying around, the stem fits perfectly into the Angus. It really makes the vape taste much better and the vapor is plenty cool. I'm also glad to have a use for the 5DD stem after the fragile glass cap broke!

I'm enjoying the Angus with this setup. I wasn't a fan of the taste with the stock cooling unit. The flavor is a little better than my Crafty+ and much better than conduction session vapes. It's not as great as the grasshopper, Nomad, or Tasty Tube, but I don't know if anything is!

For the money it's a solid home portable with a glass cooling stem like I'm using. I'm definitely enjoying it.
My 5dd cap broke too and I was lucky enough to try this also! Looks cool when the bulb lights up it lights up the stem too

SinfulRoad

Yeah, you need to get those magnets and 3M stickers out of the vapor path. The one magnet gets soaked in oil, of course the sticker is also in that path.

SinfulRoad,

felvapes

Yeah, you need to get those magnets and 3M stickers out of the vapor path. The one magnet gets soaked in oil, of course the sticker is also in that path.
The magnets themselves don't bother me
The glue in the sticker holding it down does
And if the silicone oring has glue this is also strange and a concern

I want to give Mike the chance to amend the issues and make it good as he seems to want to do this
But the need to push to not use PPSU and then stickers and glue etc gives us less confidence that he is taking every safety concern seriously unless we raise it first
Be good when we get to see the teardown that was rumoured so we know that the insides are okay too

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
The magnets themselves don't bother me
The glue in the sticker holding it down does

I want to give Mike the chance to amend the issues and make it good as he seems to want to do this
But the need to push to not use PPSU and then stickers and glue etc gives us less confidence that he is taking every safety concern seriously unless we raise it first
Be good when we get to see the teardown that was rumoured so we know that the insides are okay too
The tear down unit should arrive to VGEZ this week. So it'll come.

Will those with a unit get the new cooling unit or will we have to buy one?

The food grade silicone makes the air path isolated, and the 3M is not part of the airpath.
The 3m is totally part of the air path. It's not sealed off. My cooling unit has a gap between the magnet and the plastic. Vapor will get down there and glue gas will escape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I think you need to slow your roll bud, you've repeated yourself about three times in a row, expressing these concerns, that have been expressed many times already, and now you're spreading something that's not even true:

There is no glue, there is no glue on any o-ring, @RAG merely wondered, because they could not remove the o-rings that hold the glass mouthpiece in place (one of mine came out when I pulled out the glass mouthpiece as I had described here previously, they are not glued in) and the bottom of the cooling unit giant o-ring, but I had to call it out because you kept bringing it up lol

And yes I've mentioned the o-ring at the top of the chamber as well btw

EVlL 55

hello all.
im not sure how many times this situation has happened to me in the past where im waiting fora vape to arrive and then read pages of flaws about it..lol...i received my Angus yesterday afternoon and despite everything i gave it a shot and it kicked-ass.
i am apprehensive to use it again with the cu issues tho...but i had to try it.
my wpa says itll be here Saturday...looking forward to it.
i used to love my Vaporfection Vi Vape unit...which also used a halogen bulb....it was fast and powerful...(just couldnt turn off the forced air feature).
i seriously hope everything pans out for this vape and it thrives in the future.

RAG

I think you need to slow your roll bud, you've repeated yourself about three times in a row, expressing these concerns, that have been expressed many times already, and now you're spreading something that's not even true:

There is no glue, there is no glue on any o-ring, @RAG merely wondered, because they could not remove the o-rings that hold the glass mouthpiece in place (one of mine came out when I pulled out the glass mouthpiece as I had described here previously, they are not glued in) and the bottom of the cooling unit giant o-ring, but I had to call it out because you kept bringing it up lol

And yes I've mentioned the o-ring at the top of the chamber as well btw
Haha somebody is eager, no but Felvapes has kept the dialog ongoing with the manufacturer and we have all brought up all of our concerns with him so I get felvapes postings. It's not just here, we've engaged in the dialog about the device on multiple platforms with Mike. So I guess he was as surprised as me with the redesign that left sevral things untouched that we brought up with Mike.

So you confirm that it in fact is an o-ring at the top of the chamber where you load either the capsule or herbs?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha somebody is eager, no but Felvapes has kept the dialog ongoing with the manufacturer and we have all brought up all of our concerns with him so I get felvapes postings. It's not just here, we've engaged in the dialog about the device on multiple platforms with Mike. So I guess he was as surprised as me with the redesign that left sevral things untouched that we brought up with Mike.

Yeah, in my opinion it's just not helpful to reply to other members, repeating the same fears, while waiting for the manufacturers reply lol

So you confirm that it in fact is an o-ring at the top of the chamber where you load either the capsule or herbs?

Yes, I've said it many times, it is clearly a red o-ring that seals the top of the steel chamber to the top of the device, we've seen it removed in a teardown, there was another blue o-ring that sits around the steel chamber at the top as well... Then once assembled there is the white peek funnel top, that has its own thin black o-ring around it. The red o-ring is directly in the vapor path at the top of the chamber, none of the stock mouth pieces seal against it, they sit in the white peak funnel... That is why I kept suggesting a glass stem design that will bypass that o-ring (although I don't think it would solve the issues I have with my unit per se as the unpleasant smells and flavors persist within the unit itself)

RAG

Yeah, in my opinion it's just not helpful to reply to other members, repeating the same fears, while waiting for the manufacturers reply lol

Yes, I've said it many times, it is clearly a red o-ring that seals the top of the steel chamber to the top of the device, we've seen it removed in a teardown, there was another blue o-ring that sits around the steel chamber at the top as well... Then once assembled there is the white peek funnel top, that has its own thin black o-ring around it. The red o-ring is directly in the vapor path at the top of the chamber, none of the stock mouth pieces seal against it, they sit in the white peak funnel... That is why I kept suggesting a glass stem design that will bypass that o-ring (although I don't think it would solve the issues I have with my unit per se as the unpleasant smells and flavors persist within the unit itself)
Saw that you posted in the thread at around the same time as I ordered mine, but as I already ordered and that o-ring wasn't in the teardown pic from Mike I thought it was all smooth sailing from there. But an o-ring in the top of a heater that raches up to 230C celicius just isnt a good idea. It'll deteriorate and will need replacing at a certain point. This vape really is a no go for me due to all of this and my review post. Even with the new CU that Mikes designing it'll probably not be for me. As I'm not a glass guy I dont have any glass that fits the Angus so I can test the flavour without the CU. But at this point with everything that has come up.. I doubt I´ll even try the vape again :( Sad when I was all excited about it like a child on Christmas morning :D

ibnganja

Haha, yeah it's really cool to see it glow. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's supposed to do that after being paranoid of 510 coils glowing in my Stempod and Imp!

I have 2 5DDs (both have broken caps) and neither of them fit into the angus? am I doing something wrong lol

ibnganja,

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Yeah I guess I got lucky with the fit. These were all hand made and I'm sure vary in size.

You should be able to use any 14mm stem with a male ground glass connection in the Angus. It's a tight fit and stretches that red/orange o-ring a little bit, but it works. My 5DD just happens to work a little better with its uniform diameter that's just right as opposed to the taper of the 14mm stems (widest part is a little too wide).

You have to load a little less in the chamber when using the glass stems and I recommend having a screen in the stem to catch the little bits that would otherwise end up in your mouth, but once you dial it in it's like this vape was made to use with a glass stem.

leanpubpackage

Saw that you posted in the thread at around the same time as I ordered mine, but as I already ordered and that o-ring wasn't in the teardown pic from Mike I thought it was all smooth sailing from there. But an o-ring in the top of a heater that raches up to 230C celicius just isnt a good idea. It'll deteriorate and will need replacing at a certain point. This vape really is a no go for me due to all of this and my review post. Even with the new CU that Mikes designing it'll probably not be for me. As I'm not a glass guy I dont have any glass that fits the Angus so I can test the flavour without the CU. But at this point with everything that has come up.. I doubt I´ll even try the vape again :( Sad when I was all excited about it like a child on Christmas morning :D
The o-ring in the heating chamber also gives me pause, since I assume it is exposed to high temperatures. Hopefully it’s easily user replaceable. It’s a shame you weren’t able to use it with the WPA because it is a much better experience (flavor wise) when compared to the CU. I’d also consider not using the dosing caps because they hinder performance

Texus

It doesn’t produce good vapor in my opinion, it tastes like plastic in every pull, the taste is worse than in any other vape I own, build quality seems meeh especially in the CU.
Honestly I'm mystified by your experience here. And by reports of flavor/smell issues of CU. So maybe something did change between
small early batch mine was from and first big production run. And I feel you. I've been burned by production models not meeting the quality of pre-production models.

But for those of you with those issues that I've never experienced with my Angus, let's hope the guts are solid and that different CUs/WPAs fix the issue and fulfill Angus' potential for you.

And good to see a manufacturer moving so quickly to address these concerns.

As for inhaling 3M from under a nagnet far from airflow, no comment.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
does anyone else's unit shut off when it gets set down on the table? i mean i shouldn't have to be so delicate with this i don't think. This is a little more gently than I'd set a glass on a granite counter, the recording is just very loud for some reason.

I should mention that I am the guy that dropped his so it's likely because of that if this isn't a common issue.

You should try some different batteries, some fit better than other on certain units

Generally ISO (99%) only gets used on metal and glass. For plastic/rubber/silicon parts I use unscented dish soap and hellishly hot water with q-tips/ear buds to clean and the same water to rinse. A short dip in undiluted white vinegar and a final hot water wash and then drip dry.

To be honest, hellishly hot water cleans a lot better than a lot of people think. If you haven't developed heat-proof hands wear gloves 😎
Same thing here, a little bit of vinegar or lemon juice is helpful as well

tinctorus,
Reactions: Adobewan

AD

Where do you get that stem?

AD,
Top Bottom