The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Pachena

I only just realized how inconvenient it would be if you needed to swap batteries mid bowl! Would have been nice if the batteries were on one side together I suppose, oh well
Yeah -- I've been thinkng that too, given that the batteries should be in married pairs. One "door" to access the pair. Definitely not a deal breaker though. There must have been reasons.

4-Aces King-High

I was so excited when I received the ANGUS I could not get the batteries in right .
Finally saw the red plus and the black negative at the bottom of the battery compartment. have no instructions .
The little I do-remember is about pressing the button 3 times and then after on press 2 times is how I have it working now .
I had one session with the button pressed twice after being on whatever the temperature that is.
I’ll have to look further into this cause I cannot remember after reading this entire thread . lol
it was a good session-so far it is great !

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I was so excited when I received the ANGUS I could not get the batteries in right .
Finally saw the red plus and the black negative at the bottom of the battery compartment. have no instructions .
The little I do-remember is about pressing the button 3 times and then after on press 2 times is how I have it working now .
I had one session with the button pressed twice after being on whatever the temperature that is.
I’ll have to look further into this cause I cannot remember after reading this entire thread . lol
it was a good session-so far it is great !

BL4ZE

performed an unintentional drop test into my cement porch and she's still going strong

I bet that was an o-shit moment.

Looks like I won't get mine until tomorrow, but I don't have batteries anyways. Excited to check it out. I have to say that I'm more of a On-demand type of guy then a session. I normally hit my vape once or twice and then it sits for a while. While say my Evo is kind of "session" vape I can just remove the bowl and place it back in when I'm ready. So, I'll be curious to see how I like this one. One of the drawing points was how everyone raved about the flavor.
Secondly, I'm hoping this is a vape I can share with others that doesn't have much of a learning curve to it. Do you guy's feel that if I dropped this in a WP and handed it to someone that they could get a good hit without much inhale technique?

4-Aces King-High

thanks Abele . I needed that .
3presses of power button
1 click after-to go from one temp. To the next.

7:37 pm Found my bag for the Angus among the boxes and packages we received today.
Has the Instructions and All in the Bag- completely forgot the bag trying to crank the ANGUS Up and hiding the bag on Myself- Not the first time and it will not be the last!
thanks to VGoodiEZ and FC for putting up with Me. Cheers !

Last edited:

BL4ZE

Anyone have pictures of the dosing capsules? Can't remember if I ever saw any in the thread or not and would like to see them.

RAG

Just ordered two sets of LG MJ1 batteries due to their higher mah compared to molicel or vtc6 batteries. A good choice for the vape in your opinion? Saw some post that mentioned that a retailer had less session with these batteries compared to standard vct6, but cannot find the post atm. These will heat up slower than for example Molicel P28A or Sanyo vtc6, but will last longer right? :)

Batteries have never been my strong suite, but the only difference with higher amps is that it heats up faster right? You can discharge the battery quicker and get faster results compared to a lower amp? :)

RAG,

Pukka

Just ordered two sets of LG MJ1 batteries due to their higher mah compared to molicel or vtc6 batteries. A good choice for the vape in your opinion? Saw some post that mentioned that a retailer had less session with these batteries compared to standard vct6, but cannot find the post atm. These will heat up slower than for example Molicel P28A or Sanyo vtc6, but will last longer right? :)

Batteries have never been my strong suite, but the only difference with higher amps is that it heats up faster right? You can discharge the battery quicker and get faster results compared to a lower amp? :)
Nope, it's only a 10A max cell. The recommended cell is a 30A max cell. Meaning that you'll drive the _lower_ max amp cell harder (hotter) than the _higher_ max amp cell. Cell mAH is capacity (think gas tank), cell max amp is maximum draw (think engine rpm).

RAG

Nope, it's only a 10A max cell. The recommended cell is a 30A max cell. Meaning that you'll drive the _lower_ max amp cell harder (hotter) than the _higher_ max amp cell. Cell mAH is capacity (think gas tank), cell max amp is maximum draw (think engine rpm).
This explanation is the best explanation I've ever gotten. You just made understand this. Big thanks for that!

Alright so should have ordered higher amp batteries then, checking Moochs recommendation then Molicel P28a, LG HG2 and LG HJ2 are the best options for the angus if you want the highest possible amp and best possible mah. Will see if I can change my order. Strange that https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/products/angus-vaporizer-by-yll-vape?variant=43329322647788 is recommending that battery, but I guess it works but will just run a little hotter then.

Medivapequeen

does anyone else's still have a plastic taste even after cleaning and a bowl? mine sure does. but so did my mighty if i remember right. not too worried. other than that the taste is delicious! My avb was the same. finally, a mighty beater. hopefully it proves as reliable as well
Mine has no plastic taste
That AVB was from one hit at 210? Have you tried boost?
It was a a good few hits at 210 I just didn't want to bore you with the whole thing but I didn't boost as I wanted to see the AVB

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

(I took it over to the Angus topic)
Yeah good point. I don’t do insta, so I didn’t watch it before, but it was quite a bit more than I expected from a session vape.
Yeah it's marketed or perceived as a session vape because of its similarities with Mighty and its aspiration to be the Mighty killer. But Angus has to offer beyond what you'd expect from a session vape. The power is in the halo and the glass beads. It creates excellent conditions for higher temp hits through water. Heat retention is opens up that possibility.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Grass Yes

leanpubpackage

Just purchased one for myself and am excited for it.

Being a lurker, I’m wondering if the demand is actually matching the hype. Unless vgoodiez purchased a truck load of units, it seems to still be available, indicating that folks aren’t running to buy them, as anticipated

performed an unintentional drop test into my cement porch and she's still going strong
Dang! Mind sharing pictures of where it was dropped? Curious to know how well the body holds up to concrete

leanpubpackage,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Being a lurker, I’m wondering if the demand is actually matching the hype. Unless vgoodiez purchased a truck load of units, it seems to still be available, indicating that folks aren’t running to buy them, as anticipated
I wasn't expecting any TM2 like scenario tbh. It's a new device from a relatively new player. I think now that it's out in the wild and Angus gets the chance to prove itself to a broader audience, more people will make the purchase.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I wasn't expecting any TM2 like scenario tbh. It's a new device from a relatively new player. I think now that it's out in the wild and Angus gets the chance to prove itself to a broader audience, more people will make the purchase.
Yeah we purchased more units than we ever have for any other item. But as Able said, this is a relatively new product from a relatively unknown manufacturer.

I have been in this industry over a decade as an enthusiast, beta tester and sales at different levels. I know what a good unit is. This is one of them. It's only a matter of time before more folks understand that. There was quite a bit of undo shade and ignorance being cast about this product in the last few weeks. All of it came from folks who have never even tried it. That could have had somewhat to do with the launch but again we sold quite a bit and in the next few days you're going to see a lot more reviews. We are almost out of the units we have, but a second large shipment is on the way already. I am hoping we don't run out in the meantime. If we do it should not take too long to get the next batch in.

Grover

Retailer

Being a seller, I can assure you that they are moving briskly. I have pretty much sold out in the week since delivery...got another order on the way. This all done through word of mouth, basically, from a few good friends. The hype is deserved...this is a great vape and I am delighted to be on the leading edge with the Angus.

leanpubpackage

Yeah we purchased more units than we ever have for any other item. But as Able said, this is a relatively new product from a relatively unknown manufacturer.

I have been in this industry over a decade as an enthusiast, beta tester and sales at different levels. I know what a good unit is. This is one of them. It's only a matter of time before more folks understand that. There was quite a bit of undo shade and ignorance being cast about this product in the last few weeks. All of it came from folks who have never even tried it. That could have had somewhat to do with the launch but again we sold quite a bit and in the next few days you're going to see a lot more reviews. We are almost out of the units we have, but a second large shipment is on the way already. I am hoping we don't run out in the meantime. If we do it should not take too long to get the next batch in.

Being a seller, I can assure you that they are moving briskly. I have pretty much sold out in the week since delivery...got another order on the way. This all done through word of mouth, basically, from a few good friends. The hype is deserved...this is a great vape and I am delighted to be on the leading edge with the Angus.
Thanks both for the transparency! Hope for the continued success of the launch.

I’ll be sure to provide my thoughts once I receive and thoroughly test

RedZep

Too many variables to consider. Can't compare it to TM2 as it's a hand made artisan piece. Angus is mass made Chinese vape. Could easily imagine supply runs being bigger.

This piece will sell once Reddit get their teeth into it. That crowd adore cheaper vapes, as I think the age profile is younger there. Teenagers and young adults buying Dynavaps mostly. For many on Reddit this vape will be best they have tried at a price point they can muster.

Top Bottom