The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
I am not sure why Google isn't working for you today, but it is very clear that proportns refers to the spacing between them in the EU and UK directives.

Absolutely agree that this should be solved easily. And I agree that this discussion is dumb!

Although you did see that it said that they can not use the CE mark and they used a different, similar mark in it's place. I just asked about that one weird thing.
Yet you cant cite a single example.

BingsBuddery,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Lol, what? I'm literally citing the site's description of how to affix the "marking".
Yeah maybe you're not familiar with this shit, but it is a known marking (so not a letter combo which is how you explain the text you quoted). And it also a know sketchy practice to fake that marking by putting the C and E closer together, deviating from the standards for the marking (marking, not the letter combo CE with random spacing).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yet you cant cite a single example.
Lol.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/eudr...ion/1/adopted/data.xht?view=snippet&wrap=true
http://www.tektron.ie/images/Atex Marking.htm

And for fun, from a well known certification company:
https://insights.tuv.com/blog/why-manufacturers-lie-about-ce-marking

I could literally go on and on adding links. There is a whole industry around ensuring compliance. Just Google it. You don't need me to show you.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Yeah maybe you're not familiar with this shit, but it is a known marking (so not a letter combo which is how you explain the text you quoted). And it also a know sketchy practice to fake that marking by putting the C and E closer together, deviating from the standards for the marking (marking, not the letter combo CE with random spacing).
So you are saying, that the website that was provided above, which states. verbatim:

How do you affix the CE marking?​

The CE marking must be visible, legible and indelible.

The CE marking must consist of the initials "CE", both letters should have the same vertical dimension and be no smaller than 5mm (unless specified differently in the relevant product requirements).

If you wish to reduce or enlarge the CE marking on your product, you should respect the proportions of the two letters. As long as the initials remain visible, the CE marking can take different forms (for example colour, solid or hollow)."

Is somehow not related to the marking you are describing? Am I drunk, or are you??

vapeape77

So you are saying, that the website that was provided above, which states. verbatim:

The CE marking must consist of the initials "CE", both letters should have the same vertical dimension and be no smaller than 5mm (unless specified differently in the relevant product requirements).

If you wish to reduce or enlarge the CE marking on your product, you should respect the proportions of the two letters. As long as the initials remain visible, the CE marking can take different forms (for example colour, solid or hollow)."

Is somehow not related to the marking you are describing? Am I drunk, or are you??
Lol I’m fucking confused that’s for sure…
Vote Early Local Elections GIF by INTO ACTION

jasp3r

Not currently. I have not received parts or training for the bulb replacement but it's in the plans.
Am I the only one thinking this is weird also? Sending product without enabling Scott with ability to do inhouse repair? Would figure that's more financially lucrative for both Scott, the Maker, and the product owner. This may be common practice tho, dunno.

This whole CE thing is actually fraud if true and I think is not something that should be taken lightly? I do think maybe we should take this discussion to another thread.

For example: in the Netherlands, failure to affix the CE marking or not have a valid EU Declaration of Conformity is a violation of the Dutch Economic Offenses Act. Penalties of up to 6 months in custody could be imposed, or a fine of 20,500 euros per offense.

This is an actual crime with jail time. We just need to see the Declaration of Conformity

So i think the conclusion is let's just take 24 hr and see how the maker responds. No need to create a full blown scandal yet

RedZep

But you need to own that your post below is just fanning the flames based on comments about a totally different vape.

It's all the hyperbole and hysteria as much as anything else.

Just like the claim it is a "fake CE" because of how YLL handled labelling it on the device. "Oh no, it isn't raised plastic! The horror! The horror!" Just grabbed a certified FDA-approved medical device. CE etc on it? Yeah, a sticker. My Nintendo Switch? Just printed on the device.
I'll own it. The comment jumps the gun. It's an assumption. But it's framed in a way that signifies my obvious ignorance. I don't/can't know that the airflow WILL turn to shit in a year. And a few comments later someone provided a significant fact that alleviated the concern completely. Which I then stated in my next comment.

To me it's part of the dance. It's organic. I'm not in here trying to insult a creator. I'm trying to find a reason to not lay the £190 down.

It can look emotional, and rude maybe, but it's effective. Each person who has a fear or quibble simply states it, doesn't hold back. Then that fear will be countered by the designer, or a poster who has relevant lateral knowledge that stymies that fear.

My argument for this being a good thing is an argument based on efficacy. The maker of this product doesn't give a shit if we hurt his feelings. He cares about his product doing well. I assure you the above described organic dance has created sales. I wouldn't go anywhere near it with a barge pole for a year if not for this thread. I need to see a new product survive the gauntlet of fears and accusations from the most knowledgeable vape enthusiasts in the world. Now I'm ready to lay my money down on day 1. That's a win for YLL

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack

This explains the issue far better than any of this noise. I concede, the spacing matters; I just wanted to see it stated as such.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Am I the only one thinking this is weird also? Sending product without enabling Scott with ability to do inhouse repair? Would figure that's more financially lucrative for both Scott, the Maker, and the product owner. This may be common practice tho, dunno.
What is weird? I am a small company and it's not something either of us has had bandwidth to explore. Right now we are focused on the launch. The experience I have had with it is that it is pretty solid. I have used it quite a bit, dropped it plenty and it just keeps on ripping. If someone were to come to @YLLVAPE OFFICAL or myself stating they need service then we would likely cross that bridge quicker but right now it's just not a priority.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I think it’s weird the pics of it in testing, the device has the markings on it. so it was going to be printed on there regardless of the test outcome
The marking on the device has nothing to do with the test was my interpretation. And I was kind of assuming the CE marking was slapped on there out of habit or something? So to me the certifying agency seems legit, but the marking on the device doesn't represent that certification.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
The marking on the device has nothing to do with the test was my interpretation. And I was kind of assuming the CE marking was slapped on there out of habit or something? So to me the certifying agency seems legit, but the marking on the device doesn't represent that certification.
I see what you're saying, so they've gone to the trouble to be properly certified but not to maintain the proper marking? I think I'm on the right page now.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

This forbids adjusting the spacing, because by adding spacing you are either changing the letter/font or adding a character/space.

I see what you're saying, so they've gone to the trouble to be properly certified but not to maintain the proper marking? I think I'm on the right page now.
That's the impression I got, yea..

pomogirl

It's not like Yll vapes isn't part of this conversation--they started this probably wanting to create hype, but how could they not also expect scrutinization of every tiny thing? That's how you learn. I just want to know if it's a better or equal device to the Mighty+ and Tiny Might both of which I'm assuming Yll is trying to kill. I much prefer the look/size of the Angus vs. the Mighty. I'm not very excited by the halogen. But at least some of you experienced vapers keep reaching for it, so that's going to build my confidence more than anything.

Breaking Bud

This whole CE thing is actually fraud if true and I think is not something that should be taken lightly? I do think maybe we should take this discussion to another thread.

For example: in the Netherlands, failure to affix the CE marking or not have a valid EU Declaration of Conformity is a violation of the Dutch Economic Offenses Act. Penalties of up to 6 months in custody could be imposed, or a fine of 20,500 euros per offense.

This is an actual crime with jail time. We just need to see the Declaration of Conformity

So i think the conclusion is let's just take 24 hr and see how the maker responds. No need to create a full blown scandal yet

What is weird? I am a small company and it's not something either of us has had bandwidth to explore. Right now we are focused on the launch. The experience I have had with it is that it is pretty solid. I have used it quite a bit, dropped it plenty and it just keeps on ripping. If someone were to come to @YLLVAPE OFFICAL or myself stating they need service then we would likely cross that bridge quicker but right now it's just not a priority.
Can't wait to get mine! Thanks for the great processing. Just to confirm, I couldn't have used my FC discount on this, correct?

Breaking Bud,

vapeape77

It's not like Yll vapes isn't part of this conversation--they started this probably wanting to create hype, but how could they not also expect scrutinization of every tiny thing? That's how you learn. I just want to know if it's a better or equal device to the Mighty+ and Tiny Might both of which I'm assuming Yll is trying to kill. I much prefer the look/size of the Angus vs. the Mighty. I'm not very excited by the halogen. But at least some of you experienced vapers keep reaching for it, so that's going to build my confidence more than anything.
I’ll do a post in a few months, OG Mighty, Crafty+, TM2, Angus (aka “the baller”) and I’ll add a Brick Jr in the mix. A few bowls in each every day

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Can't wait to get mine! Thanks for the great processing. Just to confirm, I couldn't have used my FC discount on this, correct?
Yes. We still have some left but it's running low. If we run out we have more on the way already. But it could be a few weeks until it lands. That is how long the first batch took to make it way in.

bearpants

Yes. We still have some left but it's running low. If we run out we have more on the way already. But it could be a few weeks until it lands. That is how long the first batch took to make it way in.
I forgot to apply the code :(

bearpants,

Breaking Bud

Also, it's smart to be a careful consumer as long as it doesn't turn into paranoia. Yes, YLL should address the marking issue further than the Certificate of Completion since there are still doubts. Personally, I'm not concerned but I understand and commend the due diligence of others. From all I've gleaned the Angus seems like a killer (in a good way) device. YLL has been pretty forthcoming with info and VGoodiez is reputable. I look forwad to learning more and receiving my device!

Top Bottom