The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I did a couple of back to back sessions (maybe couple minutes apart, finishing at high temp, but not more than 2 or 2.5 consecutive sessions) when I first got it and after removing the batteries they were not hotter than I expected them to be, comparing with for example Tinymight. I do tend to wait a moment before removing it. I hope it's not gonna be an issue, from the first batch users I think there's only the one mention? Comparing my own experience I'd think the other person has a lemon tbh. Will be good for some more to land in people's hands to find out if any complaint now were first production batch issues (which also has been fine tuned for the first batch landing at retailers now) or more worrisome. I believe there is quite some anticipation so we'll soon see!

Medivapequeen

I had assumed that the hot battery issue was overblown after @VGOODIEZ weighed in. But if the batteries are really getting that hot through regular use, for whatever reason, that is a very bad sign. At best it will shorten the life of the (replaceable) batteries. At worse it is a serious safety issue.

I suspect it is heat from the bulb warming the batteries. If the batteries are getting hot on their own, that would signal a dangerous short.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing if the batteries are getting hot enough to burn when we see some more out in the wild soon. And 2-6 months of use should show how reliable it is.
For me it's very worrying and I'm not sure whether to wait now and see now as an ex mechanical mod user I know how dangerous in general batteries can be especially hot. It's worrying as I was planning on hotswapping batteries but going off the taffee battery I know I'll probably need 6 batteries a day at least. Hopefully more people will be able to weigh in as they land and that it's not as bad as I'm thinking.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Okay so I did 2 back to back sessions on the highest temp. Was hitting g hash through water, hash keeps on giving so I was really ripping it hard. I took the batteries out after a minute and they were barely lukewarm. The stainless steel heat sink does get hot, maybe that's where that person burned themselves when they stuck their finger in the device? :lol:

Oh also hash tasted amazing, Angus handles it well in a session and sandwiched in some vape wool you can just throw it out when done.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
running through water will probably keep the device cool enough. theres a lot more airflow and you dont have to hold it in your hand. the back to back native sessions may be more problematic

Didn’t know the device was waterproof…. :)

Actually, if you run it on a water rig, upside down, it might get hotter… the water cools the vapor, don’t see a relationship to battery heat?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

running through water will probably keep the device cool enough. theres a lot more airflow and you dont have to hold it in your hand. the back to back native sessions may be more problematic
Yeah that's possible. Might redo the test but not with hash and I'm out of herb rn

You lost me.
I think if the heater is weak this could happen, I think that's what op was referring. In Angus' case I think it should be fine tho

Didn’t know the device was waterproof….
:)

Actually, if you run it on a water rig, upside down, it might get hotter… the water cools the vapor, don’t see a relationship to battery heat?
Yeah and since it does heat well it means it's compensating for the heavier hits, also making it more hot

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

FearAndLawyering

sorry, not to imply the water is cooling the device. merely that when you use a water piece, you inhale and move a larger volume of air through the heater which provides passive/native cooling to bulb. do these units have a thermostat? is there a temp control? is it a voltage setting?

here's an easy test - has anyone turned on the unit and just let it sit powered on for awhile? I have a thermal camera if anyone wants to loan out a unit for some science

vandalizedbythelotus

Okay so I did 2 back to back sessions on the highest temp. Was hitting g hash through water, hash keeps on giving so I was really ripping it hard. I took the batteries out after a minute and they were barely lukewarm. The stainless steel heat sink does get hot, maybe that's where that person burned themselves when they stuck their finger in the device? :lol:

Oh also hash tasted amazing, Angus handles it well in a session and sandwiched in some vape wool you can just throw it out when done.
so the whole top steel plate gets hot? i just can't wrap my head around the positives of having a heatsink there... why dump expensive oven heat into sensitive hands and battery caps?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If the batteries are getting hot on their own, that would signal a dangerous short.

Could also be just a sign that they are operated above their CDR. But I imagine the maker of this vape did their math correctly. So I hope it's more due to heat transfer from the bulb vicinity.

In both cases, it's indeed not particularly good for the cells life, as better explained in the following article:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
But are the batteries hot for everyone or is just one random guy having the issue? It seems like we've only had a single report of this so far and everyone is running with it. Not that it's not better to play things safe. I'm just saying that nobody who owns a unit has complained about hot batteries, even after back to back sessions, except one guy.

Texus

But are the batteries hot for everyone or is just one random guy having the issue? It seems like we've only had a single report of this so far and everyone is running with it. Not that it's not better to play things safe. I'm just saying that nobody who owns a unit has complained about hot batteries, even after back to back sessions, except one guy.
Have not had the issue myself either. Mostly "I hear about a guy" stuff it seeks to me. Body gets warm to the touch. But not uncomfortably so. And only after multiple back to back sessions.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The way halogen builds heat, it's not necessarily surprising that it could happen, depending how you use it... Letting it run without hitting it, back to back at high levels, I think most of us here know how to treat these things well, but ofcourse time will tell

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Shoutout to @YLLVAPE OFFICAL for great customer service. My Angus had an issue with a connection which caused the buttons to spontaneously become unresponsive. They sent a replacement as soon as possible with UPS and a couple days later it's already here :rockon:

Some noticeable improvements are obviously no unresponsive buttons, but also better magnets in the mp. It's still hard to believe it's only 200. I am pretty sure that unless some major defective shit come to light this will become a hit. It combines quality and mass appeal unlike anything ive seen in battery portables.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Shoutout to @YLLVAPE OFFICAL for great customer service. My Angus had an issue with a connection which caused the buttons to spontaneously become unresponsive. They sent a replacement as soon as possible with UPS and a couple days later it's already here :rockon:

Some noticeable improvements are obviously no unresponsive buttons, but also better magnets in the mp. It's still hard to believe it's only 200. I am pretty sure that unless some major defective shit come to light this will become a hit. It combines quality and mass appeal unlike anything ive seen in battery portables.
It's awesome they took care of you so quickly. It's a little bit alarming that one of the dozen or so units out in the world had a fatal failure. Do you think it was because you had a pre-release unit? That would explain the improved magnets too.

Top Bottom