The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

RedZep

Sorry, but your post is kind of an example why this is off topic, you're speculating about a product you don't have yet, comparing to another product that is very different and not relevant to discuss here in this context (comparisons are safe in a more broad general way, keeping the focus on the product at hand)

But I specifically wanted to reply to this:

As I had already replied to it previously, for clarity...

See this is an example, exactly why it's off topic and why in-depth comparisons are for Ask FC, you end up with back and forth as others want to share their opinion on the product, that this thread is not even about:

Anyway I really don't understand the sentiment, that a mighty, or this, is easier to load, if anything it is the same, but I find it easy to empty a glass stem chamber by blowing the vaped bud out, and then you can just suck up a fresh bowl of greens... I find it more annoying to try to pour into a bowl on the go personally, and to try to empty that bowl, also seems like it's going to get pretty dirty?? And you can never fully remove it to clean entirely...

It's just the nature of these devices, I'm excited to try it, I'm just not sure how well it really will be for me, with pure convection on demand it is so easy to clear your hits fully, even using session style with separate glass stem chamber you can remove the vape to clear, but here with the fixed chamber, session style heating, I would feel uncomfortable every time I stopped inhaling, feeling like backflow residual vapor could go over the heater area, aside from potential particles falling in there ... It's a psychological thing I hope to overcome because this seems very practical especially at the price!!
Agreed. My apologies. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Oh my oh my @RedZep I think maybe even a bit more fit :ko:

So I ran it through my last remaining hook (yes I have also broken that straight fab hook, fortunately this one wasn't too narrow as it is for my TM2)

F7218-E1-B-3-A51-4033-86-C8-49-CE8-D9734-EB.jpg

I got that tear rolling happy high, this thing hits hard. I especially like low temp performance, the 5 options are kind of limiting in that matter. I do appreciate the simplicity with which the single-button options and led indicators are implemented, it's very intuitive.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh my oh my @RedZep I think maybe even a bit more fit :ko:

So I ran it through my last remaining hook (yes I have also broken that straight fab hook, fortunately this one wasn't too narrow as it is for my TM2)

F7218-E1-B-3-A51-4033-86-C8-49-CE8-D9734-EB.jpg

I got that tear rolling happy high, this thing hits hard. I especially like low temp performance, the 5 options are kind of limiting in that matter. I do appreciate the simplicity with which the single-button options and led indicators are implemented, it's very intuitive.

There is so much variance in China glass, did you only get one of those hooks? Instead of having to order two at a time?? Sucks that it does not fit everything for you like it does for me, good that it fits with the Angus! Yeah using it upside down makes me even more cautious about what I said above, but especially for the price I am going to try to overcome those concerns in practice...

Ralph

I don't have one, but recently been using TM2 a lot. But here are my thoughts as a future Argus owner (most likely)

It's actually portable. Argus has that Mighty carry around in your jacket pocket aesthetic. Solid and elegant in use/reload.

The TM I bought as a portable, but it's not great at the task. It's fragile and fiddly. When outdoors you have to carry around stems, and have somewhere to sit so you can reload etc. Then you also need to get that draw speed sweet spot for maximum extraction.

I certainly would not have it in a jacket pocket ready to pull out and vape. TM is more like a portable desktop. You take it on holiday. You take it to the hotel you are staying in for work etc.

Argus has the strengths of the mighty in this way. Also easy reload perfect for out and about. Argus is something I would take for a walk in the park.

It has the mighty beat in that chamber seems larger. Heat goes higher (mighty max temp is too low for many) and it seems to have top tier flavour, which to me correlates with top tier extraction and high.

It will also be a better unit to pass around to others. The TM even on session mode is fiddly to none vapists. Still need to really zone in the draw speed in this mode.

Last synergy is they both use replaceable batteries. If you have spare batteries charged in a rotation for your TM then you are already good to go with the Argus.
I don't have one, but recently been using TM2 a lot. But here are my thoughts as a future Argus owner (most likely)

It's actually portable. Argus has that Mighty carry around in your jacket pocket aesthetic. Solid and elegant in use/reload.

The TM I bought as a portable, but it's not great at the task. It's fragile and fiddly. When outdoors you have to carry around stems, and have somewhere to sit so you can reload etc. Then you also need to get that draw speed sweet spot for maximum extraction.

I certainly would not have it in a jacket pocket ready to pull out and vape. TM is more like a portable desktop. You take it on holiday. You take it to the hotel you are staying in for work etc.

Argus has the strengths of the mighty in this way. Also easy reload perfect for out and about. Argus is something I would take for a walk in the park.

It has the mighty beat in that chamber seems larger. Heat goes higher (mighty max temp is too low for many) and it seems to have top tier flavour, which to me correlates with top tier extraction and high.

It will also be a better unit to pass around to others. The TM even on session mode is fiddly to none vapists. Still need to really zone in the draw speed in this mode.

Last synergy is they both use replaceable batteries. If you have spare batteries charged in a rotation for your TM then you are already good to go with the Argus.

I think they both have the same max temp of 410f. I was hoping the Angus reached higher temps. Am I wrong?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

There is so much variance in China glass, did you only get one of those hooks? Instead of having to order two at a time??
Nah I got 2 but broke the nicer one lol. This one's a bit sloppy though it does fit og TM.
Yeah using it upside down makes me even more cautious about what I said above, but especially for the price I am going to try to overcome those concerns in practice...
Oh I had kinda skipped that discussion at a certain point lol but yeah I get those concerns you mention.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Reversible wpa is nice

31-DBD21-C-2-F2-F-465-F-BC16-78-BDAD118-E29.jpg

Nice session on temp 1 and 2. Extraction and effects is satisfactory and vapor is full, tasty and smooth. I ran like a session and a half on temp 1 and 2 (and a final hit at 3) with a lightly packed bowl.

I think it could become a real crowd pleaser, especially at its competitive price.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Do you have to hold down the button to operate like you would a TM2 in on demand mode? Does the button have to be pressed in order for the halogen bulb to operate?
It is not on demand. Once you get the session going you hold the button and keep it held to go into boost. That will increase the temp +10C from whatever temp setting you are at. If you let off the button, the temp will decrease down to whatever level you are at.

Ralph

It is not on demand. Once you get the session going you hold the button and keep it held to go into boost. That will increase the temp +10C from whatever temp setting you are at. If you let off the button, the temp will decrease down to whatever level you are at.

Thanks for clarifying!!!!!!!

Ralph

where is the Angus manufactured?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Oh dang this looks like exactly what I was hoping for, Good flavor and a long session, (Unlike my recent on demand TM2) the angus can be my puff puff pass vape
Yeah if that's what you're looking for Angus will certainly scratch that itch. I was hoping MiniVAP would offer it but it suffers with heat retention, making it less convenient. With Angus ease of use is pretty much taken care of in every possible way. (Except cleaning which is more effort than the simple stem set ups)

RedZep

Yeah if that's what you're looking for Angus will certainly scratch that itch. I was hoping MiniVAP would offer it but it suffers with heat retention, making it less convenient. With Angus ease of use is pretty much taken care of in every possible way. (Except cleaning which is more effort than the simple stem set ups)
Do you envision cleaning to be similar to cleaning a mighty?

Texus

Anybody know where these are manufactured?
You don't need to ask twice. Be patient and you will get an answer.

UPDATE: made in China

Do you envision cleaning to be similar to cleaning a mighty?
I'd say pretty similar to Mighty in that respect. But a few nice advantages:

-fewer nooks and crannies in mouthpiece (tho there are some where metal screen is attached to plastic plate with the magnets)
-metal screen can be removed (with a twist) and so could be soaked in iso

Pic of dissassembled mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Ralph

You don't need to ask twice. Be patient and you will get an answer.

UPDATE: made in China

I'd say pretty similar to Mighty in that respect. But a few nice advantages:

-fewer nooks and crannies in mouthpiece (tho there are some where metal screen is attached to plastic plate with the magnets)
-metal screen can be removed (with a twist) and so could be soaked in iso

Pic of dissassembled mouthpiece.

Thanks!!!!!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah it's mighty type cleaning afairemember but hopefully a bit easier to open the cu (I HAAATED that with mighty, ended up finger bleeding and shit :freak:)

The way the internals of the standard mp look make it seem like it would be the case though (less annoying than mighty)

Oh and look how atmospheric

72967365-6-EFA-4-DF8-996-E-D43-BA4557-C34.jpg

Top Bottom