The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Halogen bulb makes me wonder about durability - will one drop shatter the glass and render the unit un-usable?

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Clapped_r6

Are the glass balls in contact with the bulb?
Do they rattle at all?
I'm wanting a better portable for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking,
I really like the idea of this, but am guessing it'd be too fragile for this type of use.

Clapped_r6,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

No rattle buddy, it's really sturdy af. Of course a glass bulb is a weak spot. But the whole construction around it is built like a tank. You got the walnut body, thats got the stainless top part that houses the bowl and the batteries. That stainless plate is connected with four screws. On the bottom of the wood there's the plastic that's also attached to the wood with four screws, and that's it. The plastic feels like it's a car bumper or something, real sturdy. But yeah on these wild adventurer its survival will also depend on how much space and organizing effort you're willing to spend.

Clapped_r6

No rattle buddy, it's really sturdy af. Of course a glass bulb is a weak spot. But the whole construction around it is built like a tank.
I'm more worried about possible reclaimy vapors getting on the bulb (generally known as a weak point on halogens right)
compounded by glass balls banging on it (seems most ball vapes leave some expansion room etc)
I'm probably not going in on the first run, but definitely watching this space.

Texus

Certainly passes the shake test. More than that I'm not willing to attempt.

But not a sound. An impressively solid feeling device, especially for the price.

Also comes with a surprisingly nice zippered case that feels well padded.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I'm more worried about possible reclaimy vapors getting on the bulb (generally known as a weak point on halogens right)
compounded by glass balls banging on it (seems most ball vapes leave some expansion room etc)
I'm probably not going in on the first run, but definitely watching this space.
Ah yeah that's not related to any activity besides vaping :lol:

I hope/expect the balls do a lot to prevent buildup over the bulb. I do keep it in mind during use (won't let it sit upside down in the water piece and shit). But there should be a fair warranty in place via retailers, and since bulb replacement is possible by these retailers I hope that a non extortionate replacement service for cases of user error will follow.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Flavor is too interesting for me to grade like that. But for me it is for sure an important reason for me to keep reaching for Angus. It handles both the longer low temp dry sessions as well as the the high temp hard rips very well flavor wise. It has a very special signature which I haven't tasted before (I suspect it's because of the halogen), which is for me another reason to cherish it in my collection, as it's my only halogen vape (if that indeed causes the flavor signature lol).

Texus

Flavor at 9 sounds about right. Remarkable in a battery powered portable vape.

Also really digging the high in addition to the flavor (GMO? Oh my!). Speaks to very high quality extraction overall.

BleuEyedGuy

TM stem won't fit, it's 16mm OD, I was hoping the arizer was closer to the 13mm of the Angus oven, curious if it was possible to use a 13mm OD stem, was told Angus oven is 13mm ID, cheers!

Last edited:

floribud

Flavor is too interesting for me to grade like that. But for me it is for sure an important reason for me to keep reaching for Angus. It handles both the longer low temp dry sessions as well as the the high temp hard rips very well flavor wise. It has a very special signature which I haven't tasted before (I suspect it's because of the halogen), which is for me another reason to cherish it in my collection, as it's my only halogen vape (if that indeed causes the flavor signature lol).

5DD stem fits in the angus for a straight glass experience. :tup:My very first glowstick vape!:)

Can you guys try to compare flavor or the overall experience to a Mighty.... since most of us have, at least some, experience with a Mighty.

floribud,

Texus

Can you guys try to compare flavor or the overall experience to a Mighty.... since most of us have, at least some, experience with a Mighty.
Better flavor than Mighty for me. By a good margin.

Having trouble coming up with reasons to get a Mighty over this. Other than long track record of S&B, and maybe battery life but haven't monitored how much Angus gets you before needing a recharge (and you can swap out in Angus).

Top Bottom