• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TETRAx

TeaCup

So I've always wondered what would happen when all the Tubo box mods were out of stock everywhere. My P80 that I've been using this with bit the dust. Still don't know why, but suddenly three of my mods are not being recognized through any cable in Arctic Fox. And Arctic Fox mods are a slow dying breed also so I picked up 4 more of my favorite mod, the Eleaf Pico.

If someone reading this no longer has a Tubo mod and has a Pico, not sure if this will translate universally to other members, but my resistance from Lamart was .233 and with a Pico installed it is running flawlessly at .229. I only ever used cruise mode anyways, so my panic at not having a Tubo based mod was short lived as Arctic Fox is chugging off clouds with some dead even ABV!

GoldenBud

And Arctic Fox mods are a slow dying breed also so I picked up 4 more of my favorite mod, the Eleaf Pico.
where did you get the mod? if you can send a link please... and do you use 70w or less? I think with my ELEAF Rim-C the mod was too hot but i need to recheck it
edit: ok, last time it didn't work well. now, 0.004 below resistance, calibrated right, it's awesome. sticker said 0.177 , 0.173 with 70w all works well and mod doesn't overheat!

edit2: "Device too hot" but i'm vaping ice-hash at 245c, what you recommend?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

TeaCup

where did you get the mod? if you can send a link please... and do you use 70w or less? I think with my ELEAF Rim-C the mod was too hot but i need to recheck it

Oh man, please don't buy all the full blacks, I ordered the wrong black one by mistake and can't decide if I wanna pay another 16 bucks to ship just one item. I just checked and Arctic Fox showed 35 watts. I was experimenting with PID settings the other night, just haven't come to any conclusions yet. I've been using the 4000 and 600 from the Tubo settings, but with the "range" I tried 0, 10, 50 and 100. My ABV seemed even as f**k at 100, so I've just left it there, but I honestly don't know if my breath control was better on those hits or not. But who really cares, it worked perfect, so how much better can I get over perfect, lol.

GoldenBud

Arctic Fox showed 35 watts
too low but it can work if it's 35w steady for 15 seconds or more..the glass needs to be hot too... 35w is considered low.....I lowered the wattage to 66w and the resistance 0.172 , great experience with concentrate and the Arctic fox !

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Oh man, please don't buy all the full blacks, I ordered the wrong black one by mistake and can't decide if I wanna pay another 16 bucks to ship just one item. I just checked and Arctic Fox showed 35 watts. I was experimenting with PID settings the other night, just haven't come to any conclusions yet. I've been using the 4000 and 600 from the Tubo settings, but with the "range" I tried 0, 10, 50 and 100. My ABV seemed even as f**k at 100, so I've just left it there, but I honestly don't know if my breath control was better on those hits or not. But who really cares, it worked perfect, so how much better can I get over perfect, lol.
What’s the latest word on the Artic Fox compatibility with the USB-C Picos? I’m not in need of any more Picos, but remember being told at one point not long ago that the USB-C type Picos specifically were not compatible. Do they now work with Artic Fox? I have not had any issues loading Wismec USB-C type R80 mods recently, so was just wondering about the Picos.

CanikUser19,

TeaCup

What’s the latest word on the Artic Fox compatibility with the USB-C Picos? I’m not in need of any more Picos, but remember being told at one point not long ago that the USB-C type Picos specifically were not compatible. Do they now work with Artic Fox? I have not had any issues loading Wismec USB-C type R80 mods recently, so was just wondering about the Picos.
Hmmmmm, so are you saying that the ones I linked too are USB-C Picos and are not AF compatible?? Boy, that would suck, lol.

Edit : Unfortunately @CanikUser19 was right. Not recognized in AF. Well, that just became a bad vape purchase. F**k, lol!

@GoldenBud : Just wanna make sure you see this. Sorry man.

Last edited:
TeaCup,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Hmmmmm, so are you saying that the ones I linked too are USB-C Picos and are not AF compatible?? Boy, that would suck, lol.
That’s why I was asking. Maybe they are now compatible, I’m not sure. I never pursued further info about compatibility because I have 6 of the old connector Picos, and then stumbled upon the R80 mods that work fine with Artic Fox. Hopefully my info is outdated and they now work fine. Maybe that past beta release of Artic Fox addressed mods with USB-C type connectors and that’s why my R80 mods worked fine.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: TeaCup

TeaCup

That’s why I was asking. Maybe they are now compatible, I’m not sure. I never pursued further info about compatibility because I have 6 of the old connector Picos, and then stumbled upon the R80 mods that work fine with Artic Fox. Hopefully my info is outdated and they now work fine. Maybe that past beta release of Artic Fox addressed mods with USB-C type connectors and that’s why my R80 mods worked fine.
Forgot to say thanks, so big thanks are in order because you saved me more money, I would've ordered another couple. :cheers:

ugotmale

Everyone here is all about saving $$ as well getting a handle on which vaporizers are the best as far as build quality, function, and customer service. FC membership has saved me from making purchases that would have definitely cost me in either aggravation or $$, if not both,

Thank You FC members!

ugotmale,

GoldenBud

I tried it and it said "device unrecognized" 😢 Seriously bummed, it's by far, far, far and away my favorite mod, it fits my hand like a glove.
FOLLOW THIS IF YOU GOT PICO X, IF NOT, SEE LINK BELOW:

maybe following message #153 here? TLDR you need to flash the factory eleaf fw before trying Arctic fox...

""
I had the same problem. I did put it in safe mode and tried to update it from there, but that failed too (no battery and pressed fire and + button, then connected to USB). Same result again. It flashes but gets stuck when trying to restart the RimC during the procedure.
I was able to download the factory FW (from eleafworld.com) to flash that and then with NFTools the latest Arctic Fox version 211009 was flashable.""

this way solved my problem with Rim-C. it seems that the Tubox works great for dry herb tho, 0.005 below sticker resistance.
for concentrates the mod gets too hot but still feasible

LINK TO PICO 75W:
OR FOLLOW THIS GUIDE :

GoldenBud,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So I've always wondered what would happen when all the Tubo box mods were out of stock everywhere. My P80 that I've been using this with bit the dust. Still don't know why, but suddenly three of my mods are not being recognized through any cable in Arctic Fox. And Arctic Fox mods are a slow dying breed also so I picked up 4 more of my favorite mod, the Eleaf Pico.

If someone reading this no longer has a Tubo mod and has a Pico, not sure if this will translate universally to other members, but my resistance from Lamart was .233 and with a Pico installed it is running flawlessly at .229. I only ever used cruise mode anyways, so my panic at not having a Tubo based mod was short lived as Arctic Fox is chugging off clouds with some dead even ABV!
The istick rim c is a good arctic fox single cell. The P80 isn't anything special as mods go

TeaCup

The istick rim c is a good arctic fox single cell. The P80 isn't anything special as mods go
Yes I know, I'm the one that answered your question before you bought it about whether someone was successful running arctic fox on it, lol.

And I did pick up another one of those yesterday after hearing about the Pico. But to be perfectly honest, all I want are those Pico's, they were made for my hand! I'm still irritated, lol!

@GoldenBud : Not sure what I'm looking at here??? I see stuff for the Rim C in the Arctic Fox link, and how to add AF to a Pico Micro USB in the Divine Tribe link??

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud : Not sure what I'm looking at here??? I see stuff for the Rim C in the Arctic Fox link, and how to add AF to a Pico Micro USB in the Divine Tribe link??
if it doesn't work, hmmm get the Rim-C... it's great. under 240c it works like a charm with my Tubox.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: TeaCup

GoldenBud

Anyone knows an high quality heat sink connector for overheating mods? not the cheap from aliexpress.. thanks

GoldenBud,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Are there still mods available for sale that support the tubo software?
Out of stock right now but they frequently have them, just bought two more from them last month with cheapvapingdeals.com coupon. You can sign up for in stock alerts.

Edit: forgot the link

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I know @funkyjunky is busy getting units ready for the next drop, sent him a dm but he may not get to it for a long while. Anyone care to take a guess on his handwriting on the label of this attached pic?

sounds normal
cold resistance must be around 0.290 right?
then reduced for his calibration ...

check your cold resistance and try 0.211, lock it... and try... my sticker is 0.177 but in the Evic Dual i need to set 0.212 :) (TUBOX)
it's not 100% accurate for all mods as you know

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
sounds normal
cold resistance must be arouns 0.290 right?
then reduced for his calibration ...

check your cold resistance and try 0.211, lock it... and try... my sticker is 0.177 but in the Evic Dual i need to set 0.212 :)
it's not 100% accurate for all mods as you know
Okay .211 was what I’ve been going with, cold resistance is measuring around .253. Just wanted to make sure everyone else was reading last two numbers as 1’s. Thanks.

GoldenBud

Okay .211 was what I’ve been going with, cold resistance is measuring around .253. Just wanted to make sure everyone else was reading last two numbers as 1’s. Thanks.
just remember you can calibrate it like TUBOx, but reduce 0.001 each time until the coils WON'T glow at 260C, almost glow
if it glows reduce 0.001 etc
in TUBOx the calibration is set in a dark room and the coils should glow just a little bit at 260C
good luck!

Top Bottom