Tetra P80

almost there

Does anyone with warranty repair experience remember what sort of turn around time they had? I know Ralph’s a busy dude and don’t want to bother/rush him but I was just kinda curious what to expect. Thanks!
It all depends on how busy he is. I’ve gotten devices sent back within days and there was a time it took a couple of weeks. Best to check with him

Momor

Overall I'm very happy with its performances but find the extraction quite uneven. What's right above the coils vapes very well but the little spaces between coils doesn't get hot enough to vaporise properly.
You can almost see the shape of a cross, like the king of cross that is formed by the coils (if that makes sense).
I now have really even AVB and am 100% satisfied.
I just rotate the TP80 45° mid draw on my bubbler 👍

GoldenBud

if you see my Tetra P80 being sold higher than 380$ - skip it. the tubes are a bit dirty, from the inside and the outside. I sold it to somebody in 280$ Cash (Not PayPal) with a wooden stem and some other stems. #Do_Not_Overpay
Screenshot-2023-04-14-22-56-48-207-com-miui-gallery.jpg

1671899683692-1.jpg

P.S
A drop is coming end of this month!!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
have a capsule stem and it’s still fairly light at 450 F

If you are using a capsule, you need higher temp settings, load is further from the heater and has metal mass in front of it... Also could be your technique, how you are grinding and loading it, then how you are hitting it exactly, plenty of variables...

caliganja420

If you are using a capsule, you need higher temp settings, load is further from the heater and has metal mass in front of it... Also could be your technique, how you are grinding and loading it, then how you are hitting it exactly, plenty of variables...

I remember when I had my tubo and I used the capsule stem, it was the only way to get my ABV fully dark brown and not yellow bits. I could never use the basket screens because there was always light ring around my herb. I might try a dosing capsule but keep the lid off?

caliganja420,

Shit Snacks

I remember when I had my tubo and I used the capsule stem, it was the only way to get my ABV fully dark brown and not yellow bits. I could never use the basket screens because there was always light ring around my herb. I might try a dosing capsule but keep the lid off?

That's weird, I've never had a trouble getting dark extraction here, or an even extraction with the tetra, I am always using basket screens near the tip pretty much, unless I am loading a larger bowl deeper, and I do not stir... Like I said there are a lot of variables so you can keep playing around with it if you're focus is on the color of your extraction but I feel like that is a bit of a fool's errand perhaps? Because of variables

Momor

Beautiful ABV, what temp is that? Can you only achieve that darkness with the WPA? I have a capsule stem and it’s still fairly light at 450 F
It was 245°C = 473°F
I alos achieve this type of extraction/ABV color natively (with regular MP and not WPA)

I could never use the basket screens because there was always light ring around my herb.
It seems to me that if your basket screen isn't like overloaded, after the first draws the herbs shrink and that creates empty spaces around the herbs where the air flows quicker and isn't forced to flow inside the herbs in periphery of the load (it goes around it) making the outside of the load lighter colored/a bit less extracted.
Also, i can get this even extraction by rotating the stem 45° on my last draws (or rotating the TP80 45° mid draw on the WPA) otherwise I get some kind of cross shaped darker AVB in my basket screen.

ABV color is not too important imho
I find the color of the AVB a very good indicator of the level of extraction especially with 100% convection vaporizers. Each time I put not so dark AVB in my TM at max temp i can still extract something and feel the effects of it (it's not for everyone thought as the taste at this stage is not nice, héhé!)

Like I said there are a lot of variables so you can keep playing around with it if you're focus is on the color of your extraction but I feel like that is a bit of a fool's errand perhaps? Because of variables
I think the TP80 has the power to give you black AVB no matter the other variables except the temperature used.
I didn't try it but i would think that a joint load with fast draw could also give you black AVB at 260°C for exemple ?

Shit Snacks

I think the TP80 has the power to give you black AVB no matter the other variables except the temperature used.
I didn't try it but i would think that a joint load with fast draw could also give you black AVB at 260°C for exemple ?

It's not always black and that's not always a goal either... it just varies, grind, herbs etc.

GoldenBud

I find the color of the AVB a very good indicator of the level of extraction especially with 100% convection vaporizers. Each time I put not so dark AVB in my TM at max temp i can still extract something and feel the effects of it (it's not for everyone thought as the taste at this stage is not nice, héhé!)
I found that if your weed is top shelf, dried well, and rich by THC/Terpenes, you will get huge clouds with brighter ABV other than mid grade or "cheap" weed that isn't too rich and contains more percentage of water other than top shelf weed..
I've had both of the kinds of weed for years...top shelf not too dark ABV - nothing to extract, still had huge clouds

Momor

I found that if your weed is top shelf, dried well, and rich by THC/Terpenes, you will get huge clouds with brighter ABV other than mid grade or "cheap" weed that isn't too rich and contains more percentage of water other than top shelf weed..
I've had both of the kinds of weed for years...top shelf not too dark ABV - nothing to extract, still had huge clouds
Totally agree with that but what I mean is that there is still something to extract in your top shelf weed that is not so dark.
Cheap weed could turn very dark at not so high temps but I'm almost certain that if you give me your light colored top shelf AVB I'll get more of it by using higher temperatures and making it black.

It's not always black and that's not always a goal either... it just varies, grind, herbs etc.
lol, if it's not your goal there is no need to discuss this, that is not the point here because it seems that was actually the goal of Rollingstoned, right :
Beautiful ABV, what temp is that? Can you only achieve that darkness with the WPA
So, for me, the only variable you have to play with if your goal is to get very dark/black AVB is the temperature. Show me light colored ABV after a good draw at 260°C and I'll be sure there are "lots" of other variables at play and seeking a very dark ABV is indeed a "fools errand".

Shit Snacks

I said it's not always the goal... And that was in response to someone else? Yes temperature is the main setting, but other variables do affect it, not as much the stem or WPA you are using, but it can be that if it affects the air flow, and the screen set up where you are putting the herbs, along with the consistency of those herbs... Temp settings is the primary way to control the extraction however the settings are not exactly universal though they are close imo

caliganja420

Tried 460 and nearly combusted (glass stem with basket screen). Will try 450 and rotating the stem 45 degrees

caliganja420,

Shit Snacks

Tried 460 and nearly combusted (glass stem with basket screen). Will try 450 and rotating the stem 45 degrees

The only way to use such high levels loading the basket screen especially is quick rips not too long, you are riding the line for full high temp quick extraction... The safety zone is lowering the temp if you are trying to avoid combustion and not worry about technique

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

As @Shit Snacks said this is very hot for a basket screen. I wouldn’t ever use such a high temp unless I was trying to quickly one shot a bowl through water. You can do longer/slower draws at 420-430F ime and still end up with very dark brown/nearly black avb if you want full extraction without the risk of combustion.

GoldenBud

As @Shit Snacks said this is very hot for a basket screen. I wouldn’t ever use such a high temp unless I was trying to quickly one shot a bowl through water. You can do longer/slower draws at 420-430F ime and still end up with very dark brown/nearly black avb if you want full extraction without the risk of combustion.
depends which Tetra you've got it, it seems, some Tetra p80 can do 460F with slow-medium draw with bright ABV:
Haven't got a dark ABV after these clouds
but always check 430F before going further, I agree

GoldenBud,

Momor

My thing is to finish my loads as close to combustion as possible.
Reading this forum i would say I'm in the minority. If you temp step your "session", the taste of the last draws at very high temps is not good at all, and some say that you vape bad things at those high temp (i think I read about benzene?).
470°C on my WPA is ok with a normal/fast draw but i have to be mindful/careful using this temp with the bendy spiked stem as the airflow is more restricted (heat going slower through the herb = hotter herb = more risk of combustion).
I just tried 437°F on my WPA/bubbler and here is the result with super slow draw (uncomfortably slow)
Load is very dark (not black IRL) and you can see a bit of brighter herb on the outside of the basket because it wasn't overloaded.
When I take 1 hit extraction with my bubbler i use warm-up to cruise and hit it right after I get the green led (i could maybe get same results with lower temp if let it heat soak a bit more).
As Shit Snacks and Gordontreeman suggested if you find it uncomfortably close to combustion and don't change other variables (draw speed, stem, pack, grind...)/ , just lower your temperature.

Now, i broke my bendy spiked stem and would like to buy a straight one with the same type of cooling. Would somebody have any advice ?
I think not a lot of people liked the nub ?
Is the small wooden one with spiked glass insert good ? Is it better with glass insert + amaze cooler ?
Did someone try the nano short and medium ? If yes, what do you think of it ?
Another option you think of ?
TIA for the suggestions !

Shit Snacks

Now, i broke my bendy spiked stem and would like to buy a straight one with the same type of cooling. Would somebody have any advice ?
Is the small wooden one with spiked glass insert good ? Is it better with glass insert + amaze cooler ?

Yeah I haven't tried them yet but I would go for one of the new cooling stem designs, they incorporate features of the other stems, I think they have intercooling and the longer spike path so probably best for you...?

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
My thing is to finish my loads as close to combustion as possible.
Reading this forum i would say I'm in the minority. If you temp step your "session", the taste of the last draws at very high temps is not good at all, and some say that you vape bad things at those high temp (i think I read about benzene?).
470°C on my WPA is ok with a normal/fast draw but i have to be mindful/careful using this temp with the bendy spiked stem as the airflow is more restricted (heat going slower through the herb = hotter herb = more risk of combustion).
I just tried 437°F on my WPA/bubbler and here is the result with super slow draw (uncomfortably slow)
Load is very dark (not black IRL) and you can see a bit of brighter herb on the outside of the basket because it wasn't overloaded.
When I take 1 hit extraction with my bubbler i use warm-up to cruise and hit it right after I get the green led (i could maybe get same results with lower temp if let it heat soak a bit more).
As Shit Snacks and Gordontreeman suggested if you find it uncomfortably close to combustion and don't change other variables (draw speed, stem, pack, grind...)/ , just lower your temperature.

I actually really dig the nub. It cools amazingly well for the size and has a very open draw. I think if you take lots of back to back hits it eventually gets warm, but if you’re one-shotting bowls it doesn’t really matter.

I personally didn’t enjoy the small wooden capsule stem as much. They look great and the vapor is fine whether with the spiked glass liner or the amaze cooler, but due to the size the glass gets uncomfortably hot very quickly—I’m not talking back to back hits, but even on a single hit (though I usually inhale for a bit on a hit, not a quick gulp-and-go). I’d probably go for a larger size if you’re going this route.

Mad_Max

The drop is this weekend...and the P80 are on display. Go check it out.
I can't tell what on the site are the preview items. I see numerous links that display hundreds of custom Tetra P80 images, but I can't find where the preview is. :shrug:

Mad_Max,
Reactions: Dr. G
Top Bottom