Tetra P80

checkyourlibido

I believe the most expensive units from the last drop were around $420 plus shipping. With Lamart having higher prices, I can see the 2nd hand market going up as well, even on older units.

But yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for an acrylic. Some of them are drop dead gorgeous. But as far as ownership and cost go, I prefer the wood. Especially the colored woods and burls.

canadianvapelife

It’s worth having a look at the manual and playing around. You can use it lots of ways, and go nuts with customization if you know mods well and that is your bag. It’s far and away my most reached for vape!

Edit: I don’t see the way to insert quotes in an edit in mobile, but that might be right about the acrylic price @Shit Snacks. It’s marked up quite a bit either way. I guess it’s a way to get one so some folks might swing for it. I don’t like to encourage that kind of pricing so I stay away. Bit off-topic but I should set up an alert for firewoods on frientexchange and see if I can get one for close to msrp.
I got mine used and it didn't come with a manual. Can I find one online?

canadianvapelife,

GoldenBud

Why can you sell it at higher prices when never vaped over 400F?
What happens to it when you go beyond that temperature?
nothing, just a feeling of a used vape, not that it's wrong, i totally get why people should sell the 420$ device with price tag of 420$, MAX, not 500$..
nothing really happend to the coils/mod, but the wood will not smell anymore if you vape @ 440F+ most the time.. just a feeling

anyway, 007 X-ring to the rescue... of sealing! now it's almost 100% sealed...
wpaglass2.jpg

tetrawpaglass1.jpg

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I see you’re reaching for the TP80 all the time now @GoldenBud and not the TetraX anymore? Is the pleasure of the TP80 more for you, or just still in the honeymoon phase?

CanikUser19,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

I see you’re reaching for the TP80 all the time now @GoldenBud and not the TetraX anymore? Is the pleasure of the TP80 more for you, or just still in the honeymoon phase?
hey mate, yeah i prefer to use the TP80 just because it spares the 510 cable, mod on the table etc'... my TUBOx still works, but my mod - evic dual, is not suitable for 225C with 70w.. it gets too hot. the P80 is perfect for the software in my opinion, i really like it... it's my main vape now

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
445F GTH 100% DesktoP80 ✈️
i won't go above that... 100% vapor dark abv
abv:
abv80230.jpg
Maybe its just the lighting, but a lot of your photos of your avb look like they have really bad hot-spotting. You also use temps well above what I would ever do unless I wanted to smoke. If it works for you don't change anything on my account as its maybe down to device differences or the rate at which you inhale, but out of anything but a large water piece with a large mechanical advantage I don't go above 420 - 430 and it seems like I get a much more even bake. My j hook is wide open so it just feels like e.g. breathing in, for example, and I still don't need to go above 430 F.

gordontreeman,

GoldenBud

Maybe its just the lighting, but a lot of your photos of your avb look like they have really bad hot-spotting. You also use temps well above what I would ever do unless I wanted to smoke. If it works for you don't change anything on my account as its maybe down to device differences or the rate at which you inhale, but out of anything but a large water piece with a large mechanical advantage I don't go above 420 - 430 and it seems like I get a much more even bake. My j hook is wide open so it just feels like e.g. breathing in, for example, and I still don't need to go above 430 F.
I don't recommend anyone, anymore, going above 440F with wpa glass, it's only for people who really like their ABV dark (it's not a brown-almost-black hotspot, just a 'confirmation' your bowl is REALLY done...), basket screen usage...

I can recommend going 445F with a wooden wpa, with water to cool the vapor a bit...wood has a lot of "air pockets" hence it's more breathable, giving great extraction with brighter ABV... (basket screen usage) also, the draw shouldn't be too slow...

it also depends which weed you've got and how is your draw speed.. this current weed batch that I have is harder to combust.. and also, I couldn't get the same extraction without water tho.. the vapor is hot! hehe

passenger

is this thing on?
If I microdose, quick hit, 220C is absolutely alright and no problems with it. If you do w2c the device goes full throttle anyway to get it up to temp. After 2-3 hits you are done anyway. Never had a hotspot or uneven browning with three tetras so far, these things are magic.

GoldenBud

If I microdose, quick hit, 220C is absolutely alright and no problems with it. If you do w2c the device goes full throttle anyway to get it up to temp. After 2-3 hits you are done anyway. Never had a hotspot or uneven browning with three tetras so far, these things are magic.
which draw speed? super slow, slow, medium, fast?
and yeah 220C slow/medium gives perfect bright ABV, no trichomes almost left in the weed, great effects
230C+ is for people who like brown and almost coffee color ABV

ShayWhiteGrow in his videos you can see 245C , glass wpa, i think without basket but close to the heater, very dark abv. but the basket metal would soak heat, he would combust **i think and depends which weed..

so many ways to use it

passenger

is this thing on?
which draw speed? super slow, slow, medium, fast?
and yeah 220C slow/medium gives perfect bright ABV, no trichomes almost left in the weed, great effects
230C+ is for people who like brown and almost coffee color ABV

ShayWhiteGrow in his videos you can see 245C , glass wpa, i think without basket but close to the heater, very dark abv. but the basket metal would soak heat, he would combust **i think and depends which weed..

so many ways to use it
Medium and steady breathing in the good vapor

gordontreeman

Yeah with a basket screen this is about where I finish (220 C seems to be about 430F) if I’m temp stepping to the bitter end or trying to wring out every last bit of goodness. It’s a dark brown almost coffee colored avb, so our units must be calibrated a lil differently @GoldenBud, or maybe you just go darker. I never really push to charcoal avb 😅. I stick to lower temps if I want to ride to flavor town (or use this temp for a fresh bowl). I only really go higher if I’m doing a joint pack.

The only wooden stem I have is the short version that Aezhenn makes and Lamart sells. It might work as a wpa actually, if I just packed in it sans capsule. Maybe I’ll give it a go—dry and with the glass inside of it the glass itself just gets waaaaaaaay too hot to be comfortable.

GoldenBud

Yeah with a basket screen this is about where I finish (220 C seems to be about 430F) if I’m temp stepping to the bitter end or trying to wring out every last bit of goodness. It’s a dark brown almost coffee colored avb, so our units must be calibrated a lil differently @GoldenBud, or maybe you just go darker. I never really push to charcoal avb 😅. I stick to lower temps if I want to ride to flavor town (or use this temp for a fresh bowl). I only really go higher if I’m doing a joint pack.

The only wooden stem I have is the short version that Aezhenn makes and Lamart sells. It might work as a wpa actually, if I just packed in it sans capsule. Maybe I’ll give it a go—dry and with the glass inside of it the glass itself just gets waaaaaaaay too hot to be comfortable.
check 225C here:
but 220C is even better because it brings more taste
230C is too much for the TP80 with glass wpa(medium draw) , with the TUBOx it was perfect
for fast draw I'll use 230C for sure...

gordontreeman

Yeah, I wasn't trying to claim knowledge of the platonic ideal of AVB. If you are happy with your results disregard me! I think @Shit Snacks is exactly right in that if you want to slam down your bowl in one huge hit you want to go higher and that is going to naturally lead to a less even bake. While I tend to finish a little darker--when I was a teen and in my early 20s it was hard to get good flower, so when I started smoking my friends really impressed upon me the importance of being frugal with your flower:lol:, so I try to make sure I extract all the good stuff--I still get a similar pattern @attackpoints where there is a bit of lighter material on the outside of the basket screen. Dumped out on a sheet of white paper it looks astonishingly even. I assume the edge lightness is just due to the metal absorbing some of the heat.

attackpoints

Yeah, I figured I'd share for science. I don't normally take pics or even really bother looking hard at my avb if the effects are enjoyable. But I know people do like to ask and sometimes I'm curious too if it's a device I'm not familiar with.

No wrong ways to vape! (That isn't a challenge lol)

farmerpalmersnt

Seeing as I've tried messaging through the website twice and emailing with no response I'm popping this up here now.

I have to say I'm very surprised and disappointed with both the build quality of the p80 and the complete lack of aftersale customer service. I had one previously, older model and have purchased stems since so I'm a repeat customer (although won't be again obviously).

Sent this last week:

Hi,

Sent a message via your website but not sure if you got it...

purchased my p80 and stems in the last drop. Not a custom. I've been having some issues since purchase with the wood cracking. Out of the box one of the small corners where the pick tool sits fell right off as there was not enough wood to hold it together. I filled the hole and glued it back on.

Then one of the barrel cut panels cracked. Again I glued it and put a rubber band around it. Today it has failed in multiple places, around the barrel cut panels, the top portion which retains the heater unit. Probably in 4 or 5 spots. I've PVA glued them together again but I'm concerned there is something wrong with the integrity of the wood used on this one as I've not seen any other reports.

Whilst it gets used fairly heavily I've never once dropped it, got it wet or subjected it to any particular stress at all. I gave it a light French polish when I got it to protect the wood from stains but nothing else. It's been kept immaculately.

I wanted to get in touch at this stage in case you had experienced any issues with a bad batch of wood or something. I am happy to try gluing it this one more time but am concerned at the amount of failure I'm getting in a very, very well treated unit. Any thoughts appreciated.

Maybe I'll get a reply on here with a bit more visibility....

All in all pretty poor. I'd refrained from posting anything until I'd given a chance for them to reply.

Probably should have raised the first issues straight away but as a medical user wanted to keep it up and running. For it to fall apart like this is dire, and for them to ignore me is just rude. I've got several tinymights. Had a few issues with one and instant reply, instant return and repair. Plus freebies. So given there's virtually nothing between them in vapour quality and flavour I know where I'd advise anyone to spend their money.

Just thought a balanced view would be useful in this thread. Cue the fanboys getting all defensive.....

Last edited:

Lyonafa

Seeing as I've tried messaging through the website twice and emailing with no response I'm popping this up here now.

I have to say I'm very surprised and disappointed with both the build quality of the p80 and the complete lack of aftersale customer service. I had one previously, older model and have purchased stems since so I'm a repeat customer (although won't be again obviously).

Sent this last week:

Hi,

Sent a message via your website but not sure if you got it...

purchased my p80 and stems in the last drop. Not a custom. I've been having some issues since purchase with the wood cracking. Out of the box one of the small corners where the pick tool sits fell right off as there was not enough wood to hold it together. I filled the hole and glued it back on.

Then one of the barrel cut panels cracked. Again I glued it and put a rubber band around it. Today it has failed in multiple places, around the barrel cut panels, the top portion which retains the heater unit. Probably in 4 or 5 spots. I've PVA glued them together again but I'm concerned there is something wrong with the integrity of the wood used on this one as I've not seen any other reports.

Whilst it gets used fairly heavily I've never once dropped it, got it wet or subjected it to any particular stress at all. I gave it a light French polish when I got it to protect the wood from stains but nothing else. It's been kept immaculately.

I wanted to get in touch at this stage in case you had experienced any issues with a bad batch of wood or something. I am happy to try gluing it this one more time but am concerned at the amount of failure I'm getting in a very, very well treated unit. Any thoughts appreciated.

Maybe I'll get a reply on here with a bit more visibility....

All in all pretty poor. I'd refrained from posting anything until I'd given a chance for them to reply.

Probably should have raised the first issues straight away but as a medical user wanted to keep it up and running. For it to fall apart like this is dire, and for them to ignore me is just rude. I've got several tinymights. Had a few issues with one and instant reply, instant return and repair. Plus freebies. So given there's virtually nothing between them in vapour quality and flavour I know where I'd advise anyone to spend their money.

Just thought a balanced view would be useful in this thread. Queue the fanboys getting all defensive.....
I'm a bit surprised because when my stem came broken, Ralph replace it in less than 24hours :/

My device is from the same batch as yours, do you have a special wood ?

farmerpalmersnt

Yeah one of my stems split from heat stress, still use it though. The unit is cross cut and green elder burr or something. Definitely not the most stable of woods but still. The pick hole fell out just because it was drilled totally off centre leaving no wood on one side. It was broken out the box but not a biggie as an easy fix. Don't need 2 holes anyway. The rest fell apart at the joints, aside from one bit that separated at a burr. There were pretty big gaps in the slots out the box too.

The plywood retaining ring inside the unit around the top of the glass heater chamber pretty much destroyed itself. Very thin and not great quality ply. I suspect it's purely heat and frequency of use. I run at 210-220 and hit around 20 ish bowls a day.

Anyway, it's sitting in a drawer now. Can't be doing with fixing a gradually disintegrating airfix kit every few weeks.

Top Bottom