• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I have to do that every time, and it's not always successful. Very rarely, it clicks perfectly. Most of the time I'm forcing it as hard as I can and it still won't click in. It is useable, but it will take a bunch of tries until I finally get it be "close enough". Have sent Lamart an email, but noticed their site says they're in holidays. Ahhhh well, maybe post will be more open by then.
Sorry it still doesn’t work well. Yeah mine is not that bad and usually a push on the right side only will do it. I would be contacting Lamartine also and I am sure it will be fixed.Sucks to have it and not use. Hope it’s done quick for ya.

Kudzu407,
Reactions: PossumMD

PossumMD

Oh, it still works fine when it comes to vaping. It's just annoying. And I did pay for a custom... Anyway, thanks for reassuring me that it wasn't right, I dunno why I've let it go as is for so long...

Edit to add: it's been like this since day one. Hence me thinking it was "normal". I honestly thought it was cos of the wooden bits being added.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I got my prebuilt P80 a couple of drops ago and no issues with the battery door. The one drawback is a stem should be removed when swapping cells. I also need to remember to turn it off after changing a battery if it’s just a battery swap. Minor quibbles for a majorly wonderful vape, so far. I used my rig last night with it too for the first time - woo heeeeee!! :D:peace:

Hippie

Which batteries are you guys with the door issues using?
I ask as some are slightly longer or fatter than others altho they're still classed as 18650s
And I know I had some issues with Samsung 30Qs wearing out the battery door lock on my invoke mods that I don't have with HG2s or liitokalas

Last edited:
Hippie,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@PossumMD do you have the stir tool removed? I don't keep mine stored in there, for that reason, much easier to open and close the door without it on mine at least... And yeah I've never had any issues with any different types of batteries, they only differ in the thickness of their wrapping, and that doesn't matter in a P80...

I got my prebuilt P80 a couple of drops ago and no issues with the battery door. The one drawback is a stem should be removed when swapping cells. I also need to remember to turn it off after changing a battery if it’s just a battery swap. Minor quibbles for a majorly wonderful vape, so far. I used my rig last night with it too for the first time - woo heeeeee!! :D:peace:

FYI, you do not have to turn it off per se, if left on, the battery drain is very very very minimal, so like a day or two is not at all a problem or more, and in fact, even with it shut off, best to store for long-term without any battery in it at all (these mods have a slight constant drain typically)

Sarksus

This device is incredible. I lucked out with the shipping and got mine yesterday. Last night I got higher than I've been in at least a year, since the last time I got a really good hit off of my Lotus butane vaporizer. Except this was much easier and more consistent. I managed to have three solid sessions like this, taking breaks in between. The fast warmup time compared to my Arizer EQ is also fantastic. It's so convenient. This device incorporates and refines a lot of different qualities I value in the different vaporizers I've gotten over the last few years.

I do have trouble keeping the door closed sometimes, but I have also found that removing the stir tool or carefully aligning it so the squared edge is facing outwards, makes it easier.

SixStringToker

Naked member
New toys!

51643615319_391fca7c31_k_d.jpg

Both work great with ELBs.

The Owl HOOT HOOT

Its awesome to here and see people receiving there P80's. I was wondering what country's you guys are from? I'm waiting for one on the west coast of Canada, Thanks!

The Owl HOOT HOOT,
Reactions: Razhumikin

Sarksus

Its awesome to here and see people receiving there P80's. I was wondering what country's you guys are from? I'm waiting for one on the west coast of Canada, Thanks!

I'm in the northeast United States.

Edit: Oh gosh, I figured out what I was doing wrong with the battery door. I was using way too little force when snapping it into place once it's down. Sometimes it would clasp with that little force, so I thought that was how the mechanism worked. But you can apply much more force to click it in place. I guess the clasp is deeper than I realized. Now it's clicking into place every time.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I really did not like those S&B capsules at all personally, I would have liked my wooden stem much more if it was not designed for those, oh well!

Forgot to mention, these would also make a fantastic water piece for the tetra, standard size with a few different perc options (they're all pretty similar and effective though) currently on sale for only $60 with coupon code from @VGOODIEZ

Isn’t glass lab 303 one of those, “made in China but inspected in Co” shops? Definitely up to the buyer if they care, the implicit “made in America” advertising just rubs me the wrong way and for the price I’d rather just go direct from DHGate.

Lots of folks asking about bigger basket stems or saying that joint packing triggers their ocd. I’m a lightweight (folks talk about several baskets and I’m usually tapped out after a large hit!) so a basket screen is usually sufficient, but give joint packing a shot. The elbow is going to get dirty from small particles and condensation anyway (all kinds of reclaim on my inner stems), that’s what soaking in iso is for. It’s not going to be as even as a basket screen, but it’s easy to stir without making a mess in the joint and I find it gets shockingly close.

One thing I’m curious about is if anyone notices the hot coils giving off an aroma. A lot of times I do warm to cruise to make the initial heat soak/boro tube warm up go by quicker. That fires the coils at 480F, and I’ve noticed that if I put my nose right up to the joint and take a whiff there’s a noticeable odor. Doesn’t seem as bad at lower temps, but I’d need to experiment more. I’ve read that steel coils at a high enough temp can break down at a chemical level (and release material as a gas into the surrounding environment, hence the smell I guess), is that what is going on here? Just curious if others have noticed this or it impacting flavor. If you’d like to experiment set it to cruise at a high temp (480+) and give it a few seconds to heat soak then get your schnoz right up to the joint.

lookhigh

FC member
Joint packing is my favorite.
As for the smell, bit like a hot heating element.
Hold on is this the P80 not a heating element.
Yeah very slight metalic smell, all normal.

Shit Snacks

Isn’t glass lab 303 one of those, “made in China but inspected in Co” shops? Definitely up to the buyer if they care, the implicit “made in America” advertising just rubs me the wrong way and for the price I’d rather just go direct from DHGate.

Oh I wouldn't use that as a reason to buy, and I don't think it matters at all, I think $60 (or even 75) is still a solid price for shipping within the US, very thick quality glass, perfect percs etc... You cannot find pieces that look like this, these percs, the style, anywhere on DHgate as far as I can tell, and I'm spending way too much time over there lately lol

Anyway people interested in glass for their tetra should pop over to the most recent pages of the cheap glass thread, I and others always sharing other things, there are so many great options! I still like mine a lot through CaliBear straight fab FOL perc, but I think this one would be really great with Tetra too, right @Improvaper?? his video

And yeah hot metal can have a smell, even pure stainless steel sometimes, some people are more sensitive to these type of things :tup:

Blown away by that fast shipping @Butch you really never know what you're going to get! Shortest for me I think was 7 days or so, but way back when...

jbm

Oh I wouldn't use that as a reason to buy, and I don't think it matters at all, I think $60 (or even 75) is still a solid price for shipping within the US, very thick quality glass, perfect percs etc... You cannot find pieces that look like this, these percs, the style, anywhere on DHgate as far as I can tell, and I'm spending way too much time over there lately lol
I just bought the inline, sounds like a good rig. Planning on using it with DC Elev8r, TM, Tetra P80, RBT. I’ll probably supplement with a Gooroo large inline depending on their Black Friday sale offering.

Shit Snacks

I just bought the inline, sounds like a good rig. Planning on using it with DC Elev8r, TM, Tetra P80, RBT. I’ll probably supplement with a Gooroo large inline depending on their Black Friday sale offering.

Nice, yeah it looks like a triple barrel sideways matrix inline actually, probably does a similar thing to the gooroo holey inline perc... It would be interesting to try all three of the different circ perc to see how they differ... Tetra good for all em though!

Shit Snacks,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Oh yeah, I'm not too interested personally as well. I probably shouldn't stereotype that because a lot of FC members are really concerned about American Made all FC members care =). I do dislike the companies that play up the "local" marketing in that scenario just because it seems dishonest to me, but point taken about not wanting to deal with shipping times and DHGate customer service for a bit of a premium (and not having to wade through their store fronts).

And yeah hot metal can have a smell, even pure stainless steel sometimes, some people are more sensitive to these type of things :tup:
Yeah just kind of surprised no one has noticed or commented, it isn't very subtle. I'll have to back to back it with another vape to see how/if it affects flavor. Given the connection it would be hard to imagine it doesn't, but I guess I haven't noticed up to this point!

Aryeah

Vape Man
Mine came a few days ago. I think in 4 days..I have not used it yet. I'll post some picks of it later. I have an older no frills square model I currently use which is awesome.

I think Imight hold off on using the new one unless company is over as a cool conversation peice.

Likun

So I finally was able to pick my Tetra up, thank god taxes weren't too high.
It's a beautiful unit! Really! Much more impressive than my tubo evic, optically speaking. BUT I'm not sure if I prefer the P80 over the evic tbh. The main "fire" button on the p80 feels kinda wrong for me and gives of some kind of mechanical clicking. I'm a bit worried about longevity. But as the unit has been around for some time and I haven't read about many complaints, if any, but I guess that's just my head worrying too much.

Hadn't had the time to try it out yet but I'll give the nub a try later. Withmy tubo I couldn't really get into using those widely open airflow stems, so I stuck to one of those ddave cooling stems which restrict airflow a good bit. But it really outshined any of my other vapes through water really.
I'm excited to try the tetra out :D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom