• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tetra P80

GoldenBud

I hate how much I love this vape, each piece looks amazing. Congratulations to all the new owners I have been wanting one forever myself.
I am using the TUBOx and it's the most favorite heater that I have in my arsenal. as he said in the last episode of breaking bad serie, "there is no replacement for displacement" . heater with a big volume... once the glass is hot it's like a train, it will not stop easily....
keep trying. or get a TETRAx ;)

jungpunk420

All good you're not alone, the thread is so cluttered haha, yeah and remember there is always variance with glass, so some stems may not fit well, with rimmed basket screen, could be wobbly etc. And I think someone mentioned when using tetra with a 19/19 stem, you may want to use higher temp settings, since the basket screen in the joint will be further from the heater than when you are using a 19/26 stem :tup:
What does one do when a basket screen just falls out…?

jungpunk420,
Reactions: jjvapes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What does one do when a basket screen just falls out…?

That has been asked here many times and the tips have been shared, there is a video, you press the screen to widen the sides... If you are using some aftermarket stems, sometimes the inner diameter is just too wide and a basket screen just does not want to stay, will not fit, glass variance as I said...

jungpunk420

I just got lucky.
Does your wife know…? 😅

That has been asked here many times and the tips have been shared, there is a video, you press the screen to widen the sides... If you are using some aftermarket stems, sometimes the inner diameter is just too wide and a basket screen just does not want to stay, will not fit, glass variance as I said...
I figured it had been asked, but I know you’re the man when it comes to knowledge of vapes! I’ll try pressing it down and see if it helps.
Thanks Snacks! ✌️❤️

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
but I know you’re the man when it comes to knowledge of vapes!
I like to call him Dr. Glass as he knows much about glass as he does vapes. Mr. Snacks is a great contributor on here and among the threads I’ve followed, some for several years.

Oh, there is a video on the site about tweaking the basket screen. So simple it’s sublime. Love it! And your glass will love it too, right Dr. Glass?? :D . At least I thought I saw a video of it somewhere…

So the P80 hits HARD. Even finishing a load and the first one of the day, at 410 in cruise taking 3 draws I’m toasted and feeling better than good. This weekend I’ll play with my new glass connectors which should be fun. I also want to try temp stepper mode too and need to learn some additional programming I think to customize it. However I’m finally getting the hang of the P80 and definitely glad I got one. I think battery life could be better (I’ve set Eco on too) and I’m using new p26a’s and VTC6’s too. The unbridled honeymoon however continues! :peace: 💨

Ripstar

I like to call him Dr. Glass as he knows much about glass as he does vapes. Mr. Snacks is a great contributor on here and among the threads I’ve followed, some for several years.

Oh, there is a video on the site about tweaking the basket screen. So simple it’s sublime. Love it! And your glass will love it too, right Dr. Glass?? :D . At least I thought I saw a video of it somewhere…

So the P80 hits HARD. Even finishing a load and the first one of the day, at 410 in cruise taking 3 draws I’m toasted and feeling better than good. This weekend I’ll play with my new glass connectors which should be fun. I also want to try temp stepper mode too and need to learn some additional programming I think to customize it. However I’m finally getting the hang of the P80 and definitely glad I got one. I think battery life could be better (I’ve set Eco on too) and I’m using new p26a’s and VTC6’s too. The unbridled honeymoon however continues! :peace: 💨
It really does a great job finishing the bowl. Water is a whole different animal with it in my opinion. At first, all I used was stems but I was getting some throat burn and cough(pretty sensitive throat) so I got some water pieces to see if it made a difference. It definitely did! It's almost a different unit with a water piece.
I use this most of the time because of size, it has some restriction but it has great results:
Purple Fab Egg
I also got a Goo Roo rig that absolutely destroys a full bowl:
Goo Roo HD 3 Piece bubbler

Butch

I have just got notification my Tetra P80 has shipped. I tracking on it I'm hoping it will be soon. I have been keeping notes on index cards about every ones experience with. I hope I can figure out how to start it up.

I think I need to proof read my statements

Shit Snacks

I have just got notification my Tetra P80 has shipped. I tracking on it I'm hoping it will be soon. I have been keeping notes on index cards about every ones experience with. I hope I can figure out how to start it up.

Try to put it out of your mind for at least a week or two, even the tracking is not going to show you much, and it's not going to affect the speed of it either... I'm just saying try to set your expectations to it's not going to be soon (if in the US), I would expect more like a month honestly... Sounds like you are going to be very well prepared when the time comes though!! Also btw you can edit your posts clicking on the bottom (also you can quote multiple people this way) instead of posting back to back multiple replies :tup:

Last edited:

Vaporific

Quick question about basket screens: are there any deeper ones out there than the standard ones with the rigid rim most use? Would a deeper load in the P80 work as well as one in a standard basket screen? I’d love to pack a bit more material in my P80 if possible. TIA! :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Quick question about basket screens: are there any deeper ones out there than the standard ones with the rigid rim most use? Would a deeper load in the P80 work as well as one in a standard basket screen? I’d love to pack a bit more material in my P80 if possible. TIA! :peace:

You can use Cloud Evo ELB however they will not fit in every stem... Also no I do not find it to work as well as to standard basket screen honestly... Try to do smaller one-hitter bowls through water for better flavor!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vaporific

You can also pack the joint and cap with rimmed screen.
Packing the joint, i.e. directly in the stem (it took me a while following this thread to figure out what this means before I got my P80), rubs my cleanliness OCD the wrong way. I actually tried this the first couple of times with a Lamart tank stem and like the basket screen better. It’s a good idea though! A deeper rimmed screen with the same diameter would be ideal for me but not a total dissatisfier. I’ll live - and learn :) :peace:

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah I never joint load pack after trying it a few times, not a fan at all, and like I said I don't think the ELB worked that well either, having a deeper bowl kind of means the stuff at the bottom does not get as extracted as the stuff at the top, so I find it less efficient and effective, maybe okay if you are going to start, but I don't like to do that anymore myself...

Also posted this in the cheap glass thread, someone was asking about glass for use with tetra and a log vape, so I figure I might as well share it here too!
@Likun yeah I agree with FlyingLow, those are pretty similar to what you already have (I also think matrix are not good perc for vaping really, I have that modular piece, with just the circ perc and main can) and it depends what you are looking for exactly...

I think inline perc, with right angle style female joint, would be nice for you to get instead of the downward perc (dewar?) style again, like if you don't mind not buying from China, the GooRoo large inline would be perfect with tetra and enano... It has a great unique inline perc, full of holes, and it is also larger than anything I've seen on DHgate (most of their inline bubblers are much smaller and just simple slits in the perc) so great compliment to what you have already!

This looks like a good option if you want to try a double perc, inline to mushroom circ perc... This one has a unique perc and is well-reviewed, tall tube with the fab egg for extra cooling...Or go for the tall straight fab, mine is great with my tetra and would be good with a log, there was a nice green one shared in here from a different website with slitted fountain perc... Also this one always looks quite good to me, also the inline perc below honeycomb to fab egg larger ones I've seen look like they would function fantastic.

If you want more of a recycler, this style of fountain perc below klein funnel is popular, there are many different types and sizes for it, though I actually really like mine that has a different design with an upline tube instead of a downline tube, and incycler downline tube instead of incycler upline... Creates the perfect recycling vortex cyclone in use, fantastic balance of diffusion and flavor!

Meanwhile this 9.8inch circ perc rig actually looks quite nice! Basic function, but solid, and some pretty etched glass, the blue glass is even a little transparent it seems:
Screenshot-20211028-122711.png

Vaporific

and like I said I don't think the ELB worked that well either, having a deeper bowl kind of means the stuff at the bottom does not get as extracted as the stuff at the top, so I find it less efficient and effective, maybe okay if you are going to start,
I found those deep baskets online in a search. Indeed those look too deep. I wish there was something in between that and the standard ones - that would be perfect (for me). You gotta start sometime! But not with that 10-gallon hat version, maybe more like 5-gallon if I could ever find them :). The standard basket will suffice for now - just not tonight as I babysit software releases for work and the obligatory 48-hour T-break. Cheers. :peace:

Aryeah

Vape Man
I have also found the same thing when using the stem to pack or longer baskets. Instead of baskets, I have also been trying the S&B capsules with one of Lamarts wooden stems and cooling glass. Once the capsule is done, I pull out the stem wait 30 sec, and reload another capsule. It works well with temp startup to cruise.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I really did not like those S&B capsules at all personally, I would have liked my wooden stem much more if it was not designed for those, oh well!

Forgot to mention, these would also make a fantastic water piece for the tetra, standard size with a few different perc options (they're all pretty similar and effective though) currently on sale for only $60 with coupon code from @VGOODIEZ

PossumMD

Hey, how hard should it be to close the battery door? I just had it pop open 8 times in a row and am starting to think that this shouldn't be normal...

PossumMD,

Aryeah

Vape Man
Mine is pretty easy to close, but sometimes if I don't push the battery lid backwards enough it can pop. 8 times is not normal. It could the tabs on the battery lid are worn out and not catching to close anymore.

Aryeah,
Reactions: PossumMD

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I have one that doesn’t close 100% sometimes also. After closing I tap the bottom of the unit against the palm of my hand. If it pops open I close again then hold the front securely and push each side of the top towards the front. Usually one side,sometimes both, will move towards the front a small bit more and the top is secure. I do this every time now and no problem. Try it and good luck!

PossumMD

I have one that doesn’t close 100% sometimes also. After closing I tap the bottom of the unit against the palm of my hand. If it pops open I close again then hold the front securely and push each side of the top towards the front. Usually one side,sometimes both, will move towards the front a small bit more and the top is secure. I do this every time now and no problem. Try it and good luck!
I have to do that every time, and it's not always successful. Very rarely, it clicks perfectly. Most of the time I'm forcing it as hard as I can and it still won't click in. It is useable, but it will take a bunch of tries until I finally get it be "close enough". Have sent Lamart an email, but noticed their site says they're in holidays. Ahhhh well, maybe post will be more open by then.

Top Bottom